Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. (5941 Views)

3 Simple Tactics To Make Your Online Business A Hit!!! / The Poverty Line In Africanomics - Nkenu Timothy / How To Make Money From Road Transport Business. A Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by mrtenixco1984(m): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2016
Happy new year to my fellow nairalanders,am bringing to u means to take away poverty and have something doing this new year for those that are unemployed,you can actually start small than waiting for ever.g will just go to the basic requirements:
1. Do research on laundry by asking people in the biz for guildlines.
2. Start from your house avoid being shy cos people will be proud of you later on.
3. Buy or rent 2 buckets
4. Buy detergent and bar soap few of them
5. Water
6. You can use your hangers and pressing iron at home if you dont have can still borrow for a start.
7. Start telling friends and family that you now do laundry for a token
8.make sure you in to them to pick and deliver the clothes in person to encourage your customers and try to get people to bring more people by offering them a bonus of 20% on every cloth they bring for you.i will teach you how to do the washing and sorting of clothes,also all that you need to know,i bet you will not regret it,you cant thank me later on.pls questions are allowed and those into laundry biz can also help to contribute.thanks
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by zodo2rule: 8:35am On Jan 07, 2016
How much will it cost to start an average sized dry-cleaning business. By average I mean with a shop, maybe machines and some staff? also how profitable is the business especially in the Yaba axis of Lagos
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by mrtenixco1984(m): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2016
It depends on the area were you want to setup the biz,but i think you can start with the basics even there are no machines,in abuja were i stay you can start with like 100k including shop sent,but you have to look for a location were there power supply is ur to six hours daily,i tell you,u can make up to 3 to 4k daily.
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by zodo2rule: 8:57am On Jan 07, 2016
mrtenixco1984:
It depends on the area were you want to setup the biz,but i think you can start with the basics even there are no machines,in abuja were i stay you can start with like 100k including shop sent,but you have to look for a location were there power supply is ur to six hours daily,i tell you,u can make up to 3 to 4k daily.

Sorry But I dnt think one can start the business with 100k to include shop because rent would most likely be for 2 years plus other related expenses at startup. I was actually thinking of starting one however my mind has been on about N1m-N1.7m to start. is that outrageous?
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by tugrow(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2016
zodo2rule:

Sorry But I dnt think one can start the business with 100k to include shop because rent would most likely be for 2 years plus other related expenses at startup. I was actually thinking of starting one however my mind has been on about N1m-N1.7m to start. is that outrageous?

Why are people always like this, Bro it may be you don't have the biz mildset,
Don't discourage others, you can start the biz with less than 100k

3 Likes

Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by mrtenixco1984(m): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2016
Ur right u can start with less than 100k its just ur mindset that matters most,and thats what gives the drive,thats why i said u can start from ur home and u will am better off than a jobless man
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by zodo2rule: 11:06am On Jan 07, 2016
mrtenixco1984:
Ur right u can start with less than 100k its just ur mindset that matters most,and thats what gives the drive,thats why i said u can start from ur home and u will am better off than a jobless man

My question has still not been answered. Is 1.5-1.7m outrageous?
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by dotsdavidson(m): 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
zodo2rule:

My question has still not been answered. Is 1.5-1.7m outrageous?

1.5m/1.7m is simply not outrageous. Just as in every buainess, there are various scales with which you can start.

Laundry biz can be manual, semi automated and fully automated. If you want to start manually with/without a shop, 100k is perfect. If you want to start semi automated, 1m to 2m might start you off. If you want to go fully automated, you will need up to N5M to start.

Location also matters, you can get a shop for 60k p.a in some location and same shop will go for 1m p.a in other locations.

In this business, location and packaging matter most, so the more you spend on it the better off you will be profit wise.
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by Whobedatte(m): 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
Oya oo . I dey here gidigba
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by Homeyfav: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
zp[il
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
you don't need much to start this business, I can tell you that I have tested and trusted this business, though I do it on a part time base, I do other work from Monday to Friday but use Saturday only for Laundry. on a Saturday alone, I make between 7-9k, I operate from home for now. All you just need for this business is a just a stand by generator of N60-70k at home with a good electric iron, rubber plastics for washing. Sunlight Detergent, I formulate my Soap and stain remover myself, presently I have about just 10 customers, at worst, I must wash and iron for 5 sets of these customers a week, because of the nature of work I do, i don't like over labouring my self, I also don't want to go and keep prospecting for new customers pending when I know I am ready to quite my other job. I have never disappointed any of my few customers thats why they have that goodwill in me. When it come to Laundry which involve the use of water to clean clothes or garment, and dry cleaning which involved the use of chemical, I am good at it, I also deals in Batic, Adire, Tie and dye and also dying of all kinds of clothes, my few customers left their big time laundry men in town and have built trust in me, some were even asking me to leave my current job and face drycleaning fully, but I gat my plans. For graduates who are still in between job, I will advice you to give this business a little shoot, even in my dream, after my paid job, it's either laundry or dry cleaning or nothing else. If you are fully into this business, the business will gives you time to runs other things, example you wash your clothes from 7am-10am, you can sun dry them, leave them to face other business, then by 4pm, they are dried, you can start your ironing, that's if you are a small starter. Its Laundry and Dry cleaning all the way.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by uncleck: 8:36am On May 03, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
you don't need much to start this business, I can tell you that I have tested and trusted this business, though I do it on a part time base, I do other work from Monday to Friday but use Saturday only for Laundry. on a Saturday alone, I make between 7-9k, I operate from home for now. All you just need for this business is a just a stand by generator of N60-70k at home with a good electric iron, rubber plastics for washing. Sunlight Detergent, I formulate my Soap and stain remover myself, presently I have about just 10 customers, at worst, I must wash and iron for 5 sets of these customers a week, because of the nature of work I do, i don't like over labouring my self, I also don't want to go and keep prospecting for new customers pending when I know I am ready to quite my other job. I have never disappointed any of my few customers thats why they have that goodwill in me. When it come to Laundry which involve the use of water to clean clothes or garment, and dry cleaning which involved the use of chemical, I am good at it, I also deals in Batic, Adire, Tie and dye and also dying of all kinds of clothes, my few customers left their big time laundry men in town and have built trust in me, some were even asking me to leave my current job and face drycleaning fully, but I gat my plans. For graduates who are still in between job, I will advice you to give this business a little shoot, even in my dream, after my paid job, it's either laundry or dry cleaning or nothing else. If you are fully into this business, the business will gives you time to runs other things, example you wash your clothes from 7am-10am, you can sun dry them, leave them to face other business, then by 4pm, they are dried, you can start your ironing, that's if you are a small starter. Its Laundry and Dry cleaning all the way.
are you still on this thread?
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2018
uncleck:
are you still on this thread?
. Yes
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by uncleck: 5:36pm On May 03, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
. Yes
I sent you a pm
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by Paulo222: 7:56am On Jan 19, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
. Yes

Please boss I need your WhatsApp number,I want to start mine this march...or add me up on WhatsApp 08145751356 pls
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by Kenox: 9:44am On Aug 28, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
. Yes
Please bro i need some info from you. I will love to start a laundry and dry cleaning business from home. My whatsapp zero 803484 zero tripple 9.
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by McHuckz(m): 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
I supply superior quality liquid laundry starch to dry Cleaners and my product help them retain and attract more customers. if you are interested to try out my product, feel free to contact me. Thank you. My product is very affordable
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by ShinyJay22(m): 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hello!

I would love to find partners that are also starting out in this dry cleaning business...Let's team up for success. Send me a DM let's talk
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by NaijaPress: 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
Start your own dry cleaning business today.... https://www.ngbusiness.com.ng/dry-cleaning-laundry/
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by SchoolNaScam001: 5:28am On Oct 29, 2019
DEBJOCH1:

Please Sir, help my life. I need your guidance. It's been years after school without a job yet. Can I get your mail or number at schoolnascam001@gmail.com
Thank you.
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by noblealuu: 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
DEBJOCH1:

Good afternoon bros, abeg I'm interested in doing laundry biz as side hustle...I'll like you to put me through please.

Will DM you via email, kindly revert. God bless you.
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by SirWhiteFish: 6:59am On Nov 14, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
awesome thanks for this... Still doing some research on it.

One just have to start somewhere no matter how small it is
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by SirWhiteFish: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2019
Paulo222:

Please boss I need your WhatsApp number,I want to start mine this march...or add me up on WhatsApp pls
hi bro, how has it been
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by Facelessforum: 9:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
DEBJOCH1:
. Yes

Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by gistcity(m): 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2020
Get your laundry / dry cleaning business plan
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by ford101: 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
gistcity:
Get your laundry / dry cleaning business plan
okay how can i get it.
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by winiry(f): 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
Pls are u still on nairaland?
Re: Laundry Business: A Way To Take Away Poverty Line. by winiry(f): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
mrtenixco1984:
Happy new year to my fellow nairalanders,am bringing to u means to take away poverty and have something doing this new year for those that are unemployed,you can actually start small than waiting for ever.g will just go to the basic requirements:
1. Do research on laundry by asking people in the biz for guildlines.
2. Start from your house avoid being shy cos people will be proud of you later on.
3. Buy or rent 2 buckets
4. Buy detergent and bar soap few of them
5. Water
6. You can use your hangers and pressing iron at home if you dont have can still borrow for a start.
7. Start telling friends and family that you now do laundry for a token
8.make sure you in to them to pick and deliver the clothes in person to encourage your customers and try to get people to bring more people by offering them a bonus of 20% on every cloth they bring for you.i will teach you how to do the washing and sorting of clothes,also all that you need to know,i bet you will not regret it,you cant thank me later on.pls questions are allowed and those into laundry biz can also help to contribute.thanks

Pls I am intrested. How do I connect wif u?

(1) (Reply)

Invest 60-80k In Popcorn Production.make A Profit Of #75k Monthly / MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! / How To Rank Your Fiverr Gig To Earn $500 To $1000 Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.