Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! (5935 Views)

New Twist To Fine NCC Imposed On MTN / The Right Business For Our Time! / How Dbanj's Oliver Twist Video Got Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by mobiss(m): 4:14am On Jul 23, 2011
Despite all sorts of various call tariff promo from Nigeria telecommunication network providers, MTN keep charging the highest call tariff,in respect to their number of subscribers and years in the market. Also, the company has refused to compensate her loyal and un-decamped eleven years subscribers with nothing! Why? The only call promo i.e 'MTN MAGGIC NUMBER' been launched in February by this foreign telecommunication extorting company, was abruptly stopped for no REASONS; only to keep telling her ignorant subscribers "sorry we are currently upgrading our network service for better usage" The questions are, Who are they deceiving and thus it mean that NCC is not capable of sanctioning this Kleptomaniac? or are we been sold out?
Meanwhile, I think the competition market is getting tensed for the likes of GLOBACOM, ETISALAT and AIRTEL. Which is the main reason behind there so called promos: 2gud,Glo- Infinito and easy cliq.

MTN, should be call to order, unless there we be a TELECOMMUNICATION SUBSCRIBERS REVOLUTION in Nigeria. Which I bet is going to be first of this kind in the history of telecommunication business.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by mkmyers45(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2011
Actually NCC told MTN to stop Magic Number and please can you ask yourself MTN paid + (wetting hands) before they got a license,
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Evans5050: 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
I wonder why PEOPLE complain about MTN,

I have a phone with dua sim

Cannot remember when I recharged MTN last

If people like you STOP RECHARGING MTN SIM

Nobody will tell them to lower their Tarrif

Glo infinito ROCKS

Shine your eyes shocked
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
i fhink MTNonsence should be kickout of nigeria.they are makin most of the money and their giving the worst service ever
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by sparrowkid: 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
I think what we ought to do is very simple. Let's boycott their network by not recharging our MTN numbers. This will have a telling effect on their income and they will be forced to drop their prices. Their internet connection in my area is the worst.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by yagbaboy1(m): 9:29am On Jul 24, 2011
@mkmyers45, from ur statement , are u trying to imply that the other Networks did not also pay for their licenses and weted hands? yet they are doing very good at customer service and price reduction. I even recently discovered that if you are not recharging very well they even refuse to pick when u call their customer care.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Evans5050: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
Get a Dual sim Phone

Stop RECHARGING MTN

They will be forced to drop their fucking price.

Glo ROCKS. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by KeyA1: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2011
Get a small phone (rock with me or torch light), put ur emptyN sim in it just to receive calls, then use your other phones for networks that have value for their customers.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by WAVixen: 12:03am On Jul 25, 2011
They are crooks, take the promo of family and friends. Its a bold face lie used in the jingle, "no hidden" charges. Infact you are charged for every number you add to that list. Most expensive call rates, highest tarrif while browsing, charges made when texts aren't delivered, worst customer care, bad network when it rains, insensitive to customer care, propaganda driven network. Yelling from the rooftops about corprate responsibility after buying two books for ten schools. Spits on 'emptyN'.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2011
Get a china fone with 2 sim, then receive alone on mtn. Cant remember d last time i recharged my mtn, i rather use glo infinito(no daily charge and N15 flat rate to all networks)and i have even stopped receiving calls on mtn by not giving out my mtn no, rather i give out etisalat becos i get free credit when i receive calls on it.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by abhosts(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2011
MTN is still the best in terms of quality and coverage. Why drop prices when your customers are still making lots of calls with your high tarrifs? My MTN fastlink gives me download speeds as high as 450KB/sec during peak periods of the day. No other company in Nigeria even comes close.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by arokenny(m): 8:55am On Jul 25, 2011
EmptyN Indeed, so empty, if everyone resembles me ni, they go don do 1naira per min tarif plan. I just browse 4 free on their network and receive calls, wenever i wana call i run 2 my glo number, simple!
But nevertheless, if we all nairalander refuse 2 recharge on mtn, wot about those bussiness mogue out there who loads at least 1k daily? 4 instance my dad is a civil cervant, he loads at least 750 daily on his mtn & receives countless calls daily. D tin is dat they'v gain peeps mind already.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by bdman: 9:09am On Jul 25, 2011
na bad network very stingy network ; grin
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by GboyegaD(m): 9:16am On Jul 25, 2011
It depends on the view you are looking at it from. Anyways, though their tariff is high nonetheless, they have been the most consistent for me. Funny enough, in my house we all use MTN except my younger sister who uses Glo. Though I know they are not so customer friendly despite having the highest number of subscribers, I think NCC should be blamed because they should have realized that the firms that came into the industry after them have much more reduced rates. Besides, MTN has made their invested capital hence, they are making abnormal profits on profits once earned.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by mrToye: 9:26am On Jul 25, 2011
''ME'' recharge mtn NOT ME. Since THEY stop the Magic number me too i have stop my Magic recharging and am still upgrading for better usage.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by laj1(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2011
i thank the poster for bringing out issue on mtn.mtn has always been a fraudster since their inception into this country.they perpetrate countless fraud ranging from callers tune which they debit your account even when you request for none,also they send a message to you telling  you some people are waiting for you to chat with them immeaditely you load your card and so on and yet mtn will not even give you a free sms to mtn network.

and it is amazing that if you call their customer care,nobody is there to respond except if you want to burn your battery.and if any agent luckily picks the call,you will hear arguements and noises in their customer care offices and sometimes they will even drop or bang the phone on you.infact,mtn is a shame,fraudster,419 and ole.i dont even know which words to use to qualify them.may be i should call them  scammer.

i think ncc need to kick them out of this country
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Gift4all(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2011
On 20/07/2011 I received a text message from MTN N that reads: "Y'ello! Enjoy FREE N300 MTN-to-MTN airtime from MTN. Simply recharge up to N1200 within the next 3 DAYS to enjoy the offer. Free airtime valid till 25/07/11". To enjoy the free airtime, I bought airtime worth N1200 within two days. Up till now I have not received any free airtime. I am stiil waiting sha.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Udofire(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2011
Have been avoiding mtn for making calls for sometime due to their charges,i make calls through my glo no.i only use my mtn sim to browse.pls can someone giv me the browsing cheat for Mtn operamini 4.2
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2011
as for me, i dnt hav any problem wit mtn because accordin to fela ''if weather hot, i knw wat to wear BUT my friends dnt know'' i've bn browsin free wit mtn since 2006 till date, plus i hav sim cards for all networks in 9ja, so i go for d cheapest to make calls but as for internet browsin MTN is my maga 24-7, so nigerian pipo make una shine ur eyes! Shine am well well!
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 25, 2011
Cant wait for number portability, a lot of people would be calling mtn customer care to request for their sim details, but mtn customer care wont pick the calls. Some Mtn staffs come to threads like this claiming fast browsing speed etc, well what do u expect, u r an mtn staff and u got a special mtn usb modem (normaly reserved 4 staffs) that gives u such speed. While surfing from my hsdpa enabled phone the fastest speed i have gotten on mtn is 15kbps, etisalat has just edge and i have gotten speeds of up to 200kbps on my phone. Mtn is just to arrogant to lower prices. Mtn sells blackberry curve 8520 for 36,000. When same phone sells for 30,000 at ikeja, wtf. Their arrogance will cause their decline.tten on mtn is 15kbps, etisalat has just edge and i have gotten speeds of up to 200kbps on my phone. Mtn is just to arrogant to lower prices. Mtn sells blackberry curve 8520 for 36,000. When same phone sells for 30,000 at ikeja, wtf. Their arrogance will cause their decline.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by igbogolo: 10:19am On Jul 25, 2011
I bought my MTN sim with N63,000 in 2002. I think I still have the receipt, and the fancy starter pack somewhere.
Its hard to look at that same sim and throw it away. LOL!
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Ezennaemeka1(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2011
This is the exact topic my friends and I discussed about yesterday and I have determined to go for glo. Also please our brothers in the house should share the good info we need to run this useless network down like free browsing cheat. I  wouldn't forget telling you that yesterday, mtn took all my balance (N42) just because i opened nairaland home page. When i tried calling them, no body was there to pick the call.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by cold(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2011
mobiss:

Despite all sorts of various call tariff promo from Nigeria telecommunication network providers, MTN keep charging the highest call tariff,in respect to their number of subscribers and years in the market. Also, the company has refused to compensate her loyal and un-decamped eleven years subscribers with nothing! Why? The only call promo i.e 'MTN MAGGIC NUMBER' been launched in February by this foreign telecommunication extorting company, was abruptly stopped for no REASONS; only to keep telling her ignorant subscribers "sorry we are currently upgrading our network service for better usage" The questions are, Who are they deceiving and thus it mean that NCC is not capable of sanctioning this Kleptomaniac? or are we been sold out?
Meanwhile, I think the competition market is getting tensed for the likes of GLOBACOM, ETISALAT and AIRTEL. Which is the main reason behind there so called promos: 2gud,Glo- Infinito and easy cliq.

MTN, should be call to order, unless there we be a TELECOMMUNICATION SUBSCRIBERS REVOLUTION in Nigeria. Which I bet is going to be first of this kind in the history of telecommunication business.

Get your facts straight.It was actually NCC that stopped the so called Magic promo.

Poor QoS: NCC stops MTN’s, Starcomms’ promos

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has refused to grant approval to MTN to embark on a sale promotion to celebrate the tenth anniversary of GSM services in Nigeria.

It also directed Starcomms to stop all current promos it was running, reasoning that the CDMA operator should prioritise giving its customers good network service rather than bombarding them with promos when the network service was less desirable.

The telecom regulator, according to a statement signed by its director of public affairs, Mr Dave Imoko, said MTN’s network was facing quality of service challenges already and that such promos could worsen the situation.

Mr Imoko said, “the decision to turn down the request of MTN was made after series of reviews about the content of the promotions and the volume of traffic it was bound to generate.

“Such promotion may further degrade its current quality of services status. After a careful evaluation, appraisals and measurements of the status of its network, the Commission resolved that the provider would not be able to sustain the volume of traffic to be generated from such a promotion during the period.

“The Commission also took into consideration, the consumer experience on the MTN network during similar promotions in the past, which tend to negate the current position of the Commission that operators must take responsibility for improve quality of service for its consumers.

“Consequent upon the above, the Commission declined approval of the bonanza and directed that it be set aside forthwith, while advising that all efforts be geared towards achieving improved quality of service by MTN network.”

He said further that “with effect from July 1, 2011 Starcomms should stop all promotions currently being undertaken by the company until such a time the regulator will be satisfied that its network is capable of handling such promotions without degrading the network quality.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/tele-info/24884-poor-qos-ncc-stops-mtns-starcomms-promos
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Estyrhema(f): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2011
Key A:

Get a small phone (rock with me or torch light), put your emptyN sim in it just to receive calls, then use your other phones for networks that have value for their customers.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Udofire(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2011
@boyloaf, pls,can i have d CHEAT so as to stop dashing out #1,000 monthly to mtn.i wanna kick their ass hard.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Gbenge77(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2011
Mtn sucks
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by bossinie: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2011
My question is 'why must it be the best promo ever by MTN that NCC should cancel?' while the other promo's are left to run. The sad reality about the Telecommunications service in this country is that both the providers and the regulator are only out to maximize their gains on the teaming subscribers.Now since the promo have been stopped or cancelled have there been any significant improvement in the quality of service by MTN? If there is any reason why MTN should "up" their game in the industry it will not be b'cos NCC said this or that but the level of competition which the likes of ETISALAT,GLO etc. have brought to the industry and the subscribers are better for it.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Suntemi(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2011
I use an iPhone 4 and Nokia 1616. My Glo sim is inside the iPhone while I have the MTN in the Nokia 1616. I have stopped recharging the MTN like I usually do before. These days, I only load 200 naira card weekly on my MTN. I use the MTN mainly for receiving calls and for calling those on 'my family and friends' list and it will remain like that till they drop their tariff. I refuse to be a maga. Now I am taking back all they have taken from me by browsing free via my PC on their Network.

If we all refuse to be maga, they will surely drop their tariff. Glo infinito  rocks!!!
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Eemah(m): 10:54am On Jul 25, 2011
EmptyN r notin bt rogues, these pple r what I cal corporate fraudsters evry of their gimmick which they call promo has a hidden trick behind it. The oda time I loaded my modem for d 30 days 9time browsing & for about a week their was no ntwrk, wen I succeeded in getting tru to d customer service rep, he was full of apologies dat he will c wat he will do about it.till dis moment notin has been done & on d day d 30 days was completed they cut me off. Which means no matter wat happens they hav notin to loose.
I hav neva had any interest in their magic numba fraud y wud i pay to speak to a special numba wen on ETISALAT iam given free credit to speak to dat same number any time i load 200 naira for my oda normal kalls ?
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by DonPedro21(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2011
Y'ello! Enjoy FREE N300 MTN-to-MTN airtime from MTN. Simply recharge up to N1200 within the next 3 DAYS to enjoy the offer. Free airtime valid till 25/07/11

Thats the text sms I got from mtn 4days ago. I recharged N1500 that very day and still recharging. 1 naira free airtime i neva get. called customer care yesterday and they told me they are working on it.

My people, the earlier we realize how this south Africa Companies like MTN, MUlti Choice and many others milk our nation the better for us. they don't even give Nigerian a breathing space in there own country, only to come here and still maltreat us. Nigerians should please wake  up.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by THEAMAKA(f): 11:06am On Jul 25, 2011
speaking of MTN, how much does it cost per SMS and to make a 5 minutes phone call?

DonPedro 2:

My people, the earlier we realize how this south Africa Companies like MTN, MUlti Choice and many others milk our nation the better for us. they don't even give Nigerian a breathing space in there own country, only to come here and still maltreat us. Nigerians should please wake  up.
AMEN. Glo has to improve on their quality and i see many Nigerians will probably drop MTN and those other companies like hot potato.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2011
Udofire:

@boyloaf, pls,can i have d CHEAT so as to stop dashing out #1,000 monthly to mtn.i wanna kick their Bottom hard.
dnt wanna get banned by mods. So call 08188639787

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! / How I Make Over 70k Daily In Telecoms/VTU Business (VIDEO) / Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.