Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh (2158 Views)

University Of Abuja Girls Struggling To Get Water Due To NASU Strike (see Photos / SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike / SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 11:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Just wondering if my friends and I are the only victims of the ongoing strike by SSANU and NASU. I have applied for my transcript for over two weeks( before the strike- 24th Dec) and the processing has not even begun because the strike has paralysed activities in the University. Some friends were there to do their clearance so as to qualify for the NYSC and also become certified graduates but the strike has put them on hold. I just keep wondering why our educational system is plagued with incessant stikes. Even though this recent strike seems uncalled for and callous; as it has made me see these actions as a haven by these workers or an opportunity for a recess. As if the yuletide season is not over ! It's our plea that the government should wave in and SSANU/ NASU should reach a comprise with them. It is annoying that much has not been done yet. Call off the strike plsssss and let us move forward in this new year..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
I am not aware of the Strike
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
hopelink1:
I am not aware of the Strike
you see that is the problem ! Most people don't know there is an ongoing strike...i just want the media to blow it up before it paralyses some of us who are victims
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by just2okworld(f): 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
GlassDoc:
Just wondering if my friends and I are the only victims of the ongoing strike by SSANU and NASU. I have applied for my transcript for over two weeks( before the strike- 24th Dec) and the processing has not even begun because the strike has paralysed activities in the University. Some friends were there to do their clearance so as to qualify for the NYSC and also become certified graduates but the strike has put them on hold. I just keep wondering why our educational system is plagued with incessant stikes. Even though this recent strike seems uncalled for and callous; as it has made me see these actions as a haven by these workers or an opportunity for a recess. As if the yuletide season is not over ! It's our plea that the government should wave in and SSANU/ NASU should reach a comprise with them. It is annoying that much has not been done yet. Call off the strike plsssss and let us move forward in this new year..

Strike?
I'm. Not aware of this
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
just2okworld:

Strike?
I'm. Not aware of this
there is o...lectures might commence in some universities because ASUU has not joined
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by just2okworld(f): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
GlassDoc:
you see that is the problem ! Most people don't know there is an ongoing strike...i just want the media to blow it up before it paralyses some of us who are victims
GlassDoc:
there is o...lectures might commence in some universities because ASUU has not joined
Is it in all universities?
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
just2okworld:

Is it in all universities?
i suppose because i read here on NL few mins ago that even University of Ilorin that has not gone on strike for over 16years decided to join the strike
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by just2okworld(f): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
GlassDoc:
i suppose because i read here on nl that even University of Ilorin that has not gone on strike for over 16years decided to join the strike
Ok,I just read that of unilorin online,dunno about others too,can you please help post the one you saw here on NL?
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
just2okworld:

Ok,I just read that of unilorin online,dunno about others too,can you please help post the one you saw here on NL?
channels tv mentioned it on the 19th of Dec.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/12/19/ssanu-threatens-strike-over-proposed-sack-of-colleagues/
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by just2okworld(f): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by Jamaticulus(m): 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
I tot d strike has ended. It was meant to be a week warning strike
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
Jamaticulus:
I tot d strike has ended. It was meant to be a week warning strike
No, it has not
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by Donpeak(f): 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
That is what you get from schooling in Nigeria. Most naija graduates had their own share of protracted industrial actions.
GlassDoc:
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by ProdigyLoco(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2016
funaab's on strike till 25th.... goddamit
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by Donpeak(f): 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
Pray it doesnt elongate
ProdigyLoco:
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
Donpeak:
Pray it doesnt elongate
Donpeak:
That is what you get from schooling in Nigeria. Most naija graduates had their own share of protracted industrial actions.
ProdigyLoco:
Donpeak:
l don't know why everything seems messed up....and nobody is talking
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by Chommieblaq(f): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
Na all University o, this poo has really affected me, now I don't even know ma stance as regards to nysc A16.
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by otokx(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
GlassDoc:

In Nigeria these days nobody talks.

1 Like

Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
otokx:

so pathetic i must say
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
otokx:

so pathetic i must say
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by chisombenedicta(f): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
If OAU is affected then am gone cry
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
Chommieblaq:
Na all University o, this poo has really affected me, now I don't even know ma stance as regards to nysc A16.
it's really terrible o
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by GlassDoc: 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
chisombenedicta:
If OAU is affected then am gone cry
OAU will always take the lead in matters like this...you should know better
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by Donpeak(f): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
It's well man
GlassDoc:
Re: SSANU; NASU Strike - A Thorn In Our Flesh by Emhonata(m): 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
DUE TO THE ON GOING STRIKE BY THE NON-ACADEMIC STAFF OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES, THERE HAS BEEN A DELAY ON TRANSCRIPT PROCESSING.

Posted on: 2016-01-20 10:50:21

(1) (Reply)

Download Solution Manual Of Convective Heat Transfer Pdf By Adrian Bejan Free / Funny Photo Engineering Students Can Relate To / UK: Igbo Performance Destroys The Myth Of Black Low IQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.