Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. (4505 Views)

Phone Unecessary Downloading Apps. Plz Help / My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
please help. lately I had beginning to discovered strange strange games and apps on my phone. I really don't know their where about and how they get to my phone. it's now very clear to me that my phone is downloading them silently without any notifications. it seems the downloading is hidden.

what can I do please some should help.
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
Your phone has been attacked by a virus.. Don't visit port site again for or be more careful when u do dat... Restore factory settings on d phone before d virus gets to where your vital details are..
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by symbianDON(m): 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=Joel3 post=41750330][/quote]
your phone has been infected by ghost push virus. mind you, formatting your phone WILL not remove the virus!!
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
what do you guys suggest I do?
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by destino24(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
Make sure to uninstall all app stores except Google playstore e.g. mobomarket

Download an antivirus to help scan your installed apps for adwares
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
hello fellers, I factory reset the phone. and bam everything is OK.
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by callydon(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Joel3:
hello fellers, I factory reset the phone. and bam everything is OK.
So glad that ur phone is back in order, but in case of next time and in order not to lose ur precious files. Follow these simple steps to remove d virus:
http://www.oddytech.com.ng/2015/09/ghost-push-worst-virus-affecting-over.html?m=0

symbianDON:

your phone has been infected by ghost push virus. mind you, formatting your phone WILL not remove the virus!!
Yeah, this virus is really mean but can still be removed. See details on how to remove the virus here:
http://www.oddytech.com.ng/2015/09/ghost-push-worst-virus-affecting-over.html?m=0
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by IkennaBasilJR(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
Its not virus jhoor. The app you installed recently is responsible for it. If the app is removed your phone will be okay. That why after you did factory reset the problem is solved.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by IkennaBasilJR(m): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
symbianDON:

Formatting solved it, its not a virus
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by symbianDON(m): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:
Formatting solved it, its not a virus
ok......that's great smiley
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
symbianDON, IkennaBasilJR, callydon, destino24,
Hayjaycity.

please help the problem still persist. I am still seeing strange app and games, after the factory reset. can it be from my memory card or WiFi?

I have two phone and I use WiFi hotspot from one to the other. when I factory set the phone and put on the WiFi to connect to the other it warns me of danger if I trust the connection which I tick yes.

what else can I do?
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by destino24(m): 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Joel3:
Hayjaycity.

please help the problem still persist. I am still seeing strange app and games, after the factory reset. can it be from my memory card or WiFi?

I have two phone and I use WiFi hotspot from one to the other. when I factory set the phone and put on the WiFi to connect to the other it warns me of danger if I trust the connection which I tick yes.

what else can I do?

after formatting your phone, what and what apps did you install?
Mobogenie app dey your phone?
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2016
destino24:

after formatting your phone, what and what apps did you install?
Mobogenie app dey your phone?
before reformating. I backup all app to memory card. including the strange apps.

than after that. I restore all few trusted app that I have been using in the past without problem on my phone. I did not restore any recent app that might cause the virus.
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by destino24(m): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2016
Joel3:
before reformating. I backup all app to memory card. including the strange apps.

than after that. I restore all few trusted app that I have been using in the past without problem on my phone. I did not restore any recent app that might cause the virus.

I need the list of apps installed on your phone now
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
destino24:

I need the list of apps installed on your phone now
although they are many. but I can assured you that they are clean. I use them before without issues.

the only app I can't speak for is orbit. orfox and orweb
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by destino24(m): 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
Joel3:

Well, I think the problem is from one of the apps
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by symbianDON(m): 10:18am On Jan 12, 2016
Joel3:
Hayjaycity.

what else can I do?

i have told you what the problem is: your phone is infected with push ghost virus and a simple factory reset, if you like do it a million times, won't remove it! you are still lucky the phone is still usable. soon that virus will hijack your phone completely. i honestly advise you to head to playstore immediately and download stubborn trojan remover/push ghost trojan remover. if you are lucky scanning your phone with the app will remove the viruses. if that doesn't work report it here and i will tell you what next to do.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by callydon(m): 12:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
symbianDON:

i have told you what the problem is: your phone is infected with push ghost virus and a simple factory reset, if you like do it a million times, won't remove it! you are still lucky the phone is still usable. soon that virus will hijack your phone completely. i honestly advise you to head to playstore immediately and download stubborn trojan remover/push ghost trojan remover. if you are lucky scanning your phone with the app will remove the viruses. if that doesn't work report it here and i will tell you what next to do.
Bros, simply follow d tutorial on this link to get the app that'll remove d "Ghost Push" virus that is attacking your phone.
here's d link:
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by symbianDON(m): 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
callydon:

Bros, simply follow d tutorial on this link to get the app that'll remove d "Ghost Push" virus that is attacking your phone.
here's d link:
op just download the stubborn trojan remover/ghost push virus remover from playstore. it is the same thing callydon posted on his website. nothing different. the hard truth is, however, the app DOESN'T always remove all the viruses! trust me, there is more that one virus on your phone. if the app doesn't remove all the virus simply let us know here and i will tell you what next to do.
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by 2kurupt(m): 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
The problem is caused by an app you deliberately installed which is camouflaging as a legit app and doing the damage discretely.

Until you detect the culprit it will just keep on doing it's thing. You're part of the problem coz you're backing up the bad app & restoring it too.

Since the apps in your phone are numerous & you can't name all here then I'll advice you backup your pics, music, videos, contacts, text, WhatsApp, BBM etc (notice that am calling basically social media apps that are massively known) then format the phone again.

This should take your phone to it's original state, you can restore your media but I'll advise you restore only the known social media apps. Then henceforth download apps only from play store as well as desist from installing useless apps
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by joseph214(m): 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
Download clean master and disable autostart in all your apps.
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 11:20am On Jan 17, 2016
symbianDON:

op just download the stubborn trojan remover/ghost push virus remover from playstore. it is the same thing callydon posted on his website. nothing different. the hard truth is, however, the app DOESN'T always remove all the viruses! trust me, there is more that one virus on your phone. if the app doesn't remove all the virus simply let us know here and i will tell you what next to do.
I download sturbon Trojan killer. the scan didn't find any thing. the situation still persist.
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 17, 2016
What are you doing with orbit orweb and whatnot? Do factory reset and use necessary apps for the main time. Delete all those apps you backed up
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2016
Phoenix619:
What are you doing with orbit orweb and whatnot? Do factory reset and use necessary apps for the main time. Delete all those apps you backed up
I already uninstall them. the situation still persist
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
Joel3:
I already uninstall them. the situation still persist

What's the name of the phone?
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
Phoenix619:

What's the name of the phone?
mtn smart
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Joel3:
mtn smart
Dunno of that one. Maybe you should flash custom or stock rom. But I doubt if any would be available. Another thing is wifi connection. Some stock apps automatically download apps over Wi-Fi. So try using mobile data. Is the phone rooted?
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by mymissingrib(m): 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
DAT phone is gone same thing happened to my sister phone even after manual flashing it was still d same;I took it to an engineer to flash still same same
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Joel3(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2016
Phoenix619:

Dunno of that one. Maybe you should flash custom or stock rom. But I doubt if any would be available. Another thing is wifi connection. Some stock apps automatically download apps over Wi-Fi. So try using mobile data. Is the phone rooted?
the WiFi I use is my other phone. and the phone don't have this problem. the phone is not roosted.
Re: My Phone Is Downloading Apps Anonymously To My Phone. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
Joel3:
the WiFi I use is my other phone. and the phone don't have this problem. the phone is not roosted.

Well you need to root it before that antivirus works. Download kingroot and see if it can root. Then use that antivirus again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doom's Day On Gbwhatsapp Users / Mobitel Vs Swift 4g Check It Out / Jamal Khashoggi, Saudi Journalist Who Recorded His Own Death On Apple Watch.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.