Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) (26291 Views)

Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by kayoade09: 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good evening fellow nairalanders....... I finished my NYSC on 15th of October and fortunately for me, I got my offer letter last week. The total payoff after a month is 30k, I'm to resume on monday but some of my siblings advised me not to accept the offer because I am a second class upper student(B.SC) and I'm less than 24. Probably a better offer will come in because I'm still in the employment age cycle. Pls advice me on this cos I dont knw wen that better offer will come in and another believe I have is that half bread is better than none.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by ikubch(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
kayoade09:
Good evening fellow nairalanders....... I finished my NYSC on 15th of October and fortunately for me, I got my offer letter last week. The total payoff after a month is 30k, I'm to resume on monday but some of my siblings advised me not to accept the offer because I am a second class upper student(B.SC) and I'm less than 24. Probably a better offer will come in because I'm still in the employment age cycle. Pls advice me on this cos I dont knw wen that better offer will come in and another believe I have is that half bread is better than none.
Take it. Target the next 3 months for a better offer. Good for your CV as part of your experience. Good luck

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by promo4(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Take it, while you search for better offers..some people out there started with something way lower than what you have now but their pay has skyrocketed.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Folksyharry(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
Like the posters above me have advised, take the job. You won't have to ask you siblings for money to take care of your basic needs and you'll use the opportunity to get relevant experience. Employers don't want gap in your CV and the number of applicants applying all the time means they prefer to choose the applicants with a little more to offer. Taking the job doesn't stop you from looking for other jobs too.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
You are even lucky

16 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Raiders: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
maiahsaiah:
You are even lucky
how is he lucky

4 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
Raiders:
how is he lucky

Internship with pay if u look at it from that perspective, gathering experience and its not long he served. How many people re that lucky, lyk seriously?

13 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
OK
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
See kwesion ... Dia are many graduates out dia roaming abt without jobs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by obinna2nv(m): 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
Omo take am o!! Been there, done that. 2.1 no dey share money o!! You need these vital experiences ni. Abi you want your CV to be scanty? It doesn't stop you from searching for other job opportunities, instead it gives you an edge...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by STENON(f): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
It is still better than none.

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
maiahsaiah:
You are even lucky
how? How is he lucky? This is the reason why employers will continue riding on you. Why keep this mediocre mentality? Instead tell him to accept it and be on the look out for something better.

13 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by brisingr187: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
just take it while you look for something better. am also a 14c corps member and have been searching for a job since october.

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Cutehector(m): 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
If u apply for jobs with ur "2nd class upper" mentality, u will stay jobless all ur life

U bera throway ur certificate and hustle out there.

Buhari has one school cert and he is d president of nigeria!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
kayoade09:
Bros if you are from a family where you eat comfortably and can still get stipends pls don't take the job. Rather use the opportunity to master job test . You will definitely get a trainee position witha good firm

12 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Fraih(f): 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

how? How is he lucky? This is the reason why employers will continue riding on you. Why keep this mediocre mentality? Instead tell him to accept it and be on the look out for something better.
You wrote like someone who attended or listened to 'Koinonia' smiley

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

Even a fool would know that without being told and I know op isn't a fool, how can I then downgrade him to such.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by LaurelP(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
Do not take it.
It's a waste of time, such jobs are a time and energy drainer.
I will advise you to look out for graduate trainee vacancies and if possible, take one or two professional courses while waiting.
Not every experience is good experience.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by macklef(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
Guy listen to my advice.

Take the job on only 2 grounds
1. If it has a bearing with what you studied in school. U garner experience
2. If your cost of transporting/feeding urself does not exceed the salary itself.

Dont Take the job on 2 grounds
1. If it does not have a bearing with what u studied and its a job that requires u
Treking under d hot sun
2.. If you dont mind sleeping at home instead of going for that job.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by mrking3(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
[b]bros drop this second class upper shit! It wount put food on your table in present day Nigeria. I know a lot of folks with crazy 2.1 still roaming the streets! Thank Goodness that you're still below 26yrs of Age. Atleast, coys like Access Bank, Pwc, Kpmg, Gsk, Uacn, Zenith Bank, Nbc etal, will surely invite you for aptitude Test hence you fall within their requirements. Key Requirements for this coys - (Bsc. 2.1 and 24-26 max, Nysc) even with my 4.23 Cgpa, age denied me acess from applying for job opening with these Great world class firms. Chief, no need to think about taking this offer or not, there's dignity in Labour. Grab this offer fast and build your work experience for Greater opportunity. That's the problem with most Freshers! Everybody wanna start with big coys with big pay with little or no experience. After Nysc, I wasted good 2yrs! Thinking I would get something better with my 2.1 but all to no avail. I had to settle with an 18k marketing job after much! Today, to the Glory of God, I earn Six figures as A sales Person. Take the advice of this honourable house bro! You have to start somewhere! Just as someone here rightly opine! You're lucky to get something immediately after passing out. Its a rare privilege especially at a time most firms are cutting down staff and laying workers off. Peace out Bro![/b]

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by LaurelP(m): 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
mrking3:
[b]bros drop this second class upper shit! It wount put food on your table in present day Nigeria. I know a lot of folks with crazy 2.1 still roaming the streets! Thank Goodness that you're still below 26yrs of Age. Atleast, coys like Access Bank, Pwc, Kpmg, Gsk, Uacn, Zenith Bank, Nbc etal, will surely invite you for aptitude Test hence you fall within their requirements. Key Requirements for this coys - (Bsc. 2.1 and 24-26 max, Nysc) even with my 4.23 Cgpa, age denied me acess from applying for job opening with these Great world class firms. Chief, no need to think about taking this offer or not, there's dignity in Labour. Grab this offer fast and build your work experience for Greater opportunity. That's the problem with most Freshers! Everybody wanna start with big coys with big pay with little or no experience. After Nysc, I wasted good 2yrs! Thinking I would get something better with my 2.1 but all to no avail. I had to settle with an 18k marketing job after much! Today, to the Glory of God, I earn Six figures as A sales Person. Take the advice of this honourable house bro! You have to start somewhere! Just as someone here rightly opine! You're lucky to get something immediately after passing out. Its a rare privilege especially at a time most firms are cutting down staff and laying workers off. Peace out Bro![/b]

What if doesn't give him time to look for the job he desires?
What if it doesn't align with his career line?
What if he doesn't like the job?

10 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by looseweight: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
What's d nature of your job
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by allanphash7(m): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
Laughing
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by olojuede01: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
My suggestion is that if the job adds to your experience, take it. That way you are building your self. You are also gaining work experience...
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by teebaxy(m): 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
All this companies that pay little have a way of using their employee dry. Which makes it the lower the salary the higher the labour. I hope u get my point.

7 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by sotall(m): 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by busomma: 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
Not good for anybody. Not even secondary school leavers for goodness sake.

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by VickyRotex(f): 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
You should be majorly concerned about the experience you`ll gain from the job (If atall there`d be any related to your field).

I`d say take the job and don`t relent in your search for a better one.

Bonne Chance!

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Sijo01(f): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
What you need at this stage is experience....... Take the job and gather experience. What happens if you reject this offer now and you're offered another few months later and they're asking for 1 or more years experiences?

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by RedCapChief(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
You better resume work on Monday sharp sharp if you have no better offer.

Your grade (2.1) and age (24) are not superstar achievements. Beware of those who tell you to forego opportunities because of the probability of getting something better. What if you don't get a better offer? Those same blokes will not support you with monthly stipend

Take the job but be on the lookout for something better.

4 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by cutebobo(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Not good but will be foolish not to accept the offer

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Davidovinci(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
macklef:
Guy listen to my advice.

Take the job on only 2 grounds
1. If it has a bearing with what you studied in school. U garner experience
2. If your cost of transporting/feeding urself does not exceed the salary itself.

Dont Take the job on 2 grounds
1. If it does not have a bearing with what u studied and its a job that requires u
Treking under d hot sun
2.. If you dont mind sleeping at home instead of going for that job.
Nailed it..op follow this

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register / 'how To Answer The Question, "How Much Do We Pay You?"' / My 1 Year Experience With Fortunate Step Resources Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.