Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,801 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) (26357 Views)

Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by omogidi234(m): 9:00am On Jan 08, 2016
Cutehector:
If u apply for jobs with ur "2nd class upper" mentality, u will stay jobless all ur life

U bera throway ur certificate and hustle out there.

Buhari has one school cert and he is d president of nigeria!

I am with you on this sir.

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by jairusben(m): 9:05am On Jan 08, 2016
Even in my internship,,i earn above 100k..nt employed ooo
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by jesussaves22: 9:07am On Jan 08, 2016
kayoade09:
Good evening fellow nairalanders....... I finished my NYSC on 15th of October and fortunately for me, I got my offer letter last week. The total payoff after a month is 30k, I'm to resume on monday but some of my siblings advised me not to accept the offer because I am a second class upper student(B.SC) and I'm less than 24. Probably a better offer will come in because I'm still in the employment age cycle. Pls advice me on this cos I dont knw wen that better offer will come in and another believe I have is that half bread is better than none.
Young man please take the offer and be on the lookout. I started with 25k just after six months my star shines and am receiving a salary that some Doctors in the USA can not take home. Patience is a virtue please take the offer and pray for better jobs. Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 08, 2016
For me, 30k is just too small, especially for a graduate - 2'1 for that matter. But it depends in you, if you feel you can manage it, go for it. I want to believe you can better offers if you take time to check around. All the best.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by lezz(m): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2016
kayoade09:
Good evening fellow nairalanders....... I finished my NYSC on 15th of October and fortunately for me, I got my offer letter last week. The total payoff after a month is 30k, I'm to resume on monday but some of my siblings advised me not to accept the offer because I am a second class upper student(B.SC) and I'm less than 24. Probably a better offer will come in because I'm still in the employment age cycle. Pls advice me on this cos I dont knw wen that better offer will come in and another believe I have is that half bread is better than none.
When does employers determine your salary by your grade?

Whether you made ordinary Pass or 3rd class or 2.2 or 1st class, you're a Bsc holder and that will determine your salary structure.

Dumb graduates these days with dumb mods taking thrash to front page.

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by onehouse(m): 9:49am On Jan 08, 2016
kayoade09:

My candid words on this: accept the offer and actively apply for other ones as you work there. Give it your best while you are there and learn as much as you can learn -stepping stone.

Just like you, i recall when i graduated with 2.1 , I was offer a placement for 27,000 naira then -2007. Perhaps, I have to source for funds from my parents before the month end just for me to meet up with transportation then because it really not enough to carry me through a month. Today, I am not longer there any more. i work for a multi-national telecommunication firm and I earn more than 30% increase of that salary in 2007. I am still in good contact with the first company I worked for till this day and I still have some friends I met and left there in my pursuit for a better salary. Perhaps, those guys are still working there till this day.

I only leverage on what I have to get what I don't have with definitely trust in God to pave way for me in life. Staying at home will only limit your chances in life in connecting to the right people in life or moving forward as well.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by smile4mee(m): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2016
Guy better take that offer coz that reminds me when i was searching for a job after my NYSC just like u said I got a job of 30k pay but family and friends advise to take the job and now in that same organization I am earning above 100k. My cute advise for you is to grab it it may be a test.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by ubiR(f): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2016
kayoade09:
take it, its easier to get another job while working.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by christopher123(m): 10:18am On Jan 08, 2016
If you consider the pay not good ....pls bust quit

You are here complaining ..what value are you bringing

Most firms are not looking at that paper degree but what you can add

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Asiri1991: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2016
Guy grab the offer sharp sharp. I have the same grade with you. I'm 24 and I finished my service same date as you did. I took 20k job on 20th of October, five days after passing out and I don't regret it because of the experience I have now which sent me to a well-to-do company this month.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 08, 2016
Guy you funny o, what's the big deal if you have 2:1.I know of one first class elect elect graduate that earns 35-38k @ promassidor. So you ain't the first to earn as little as that.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by lilyheaven: 11:15am On Jan 08, 2016
you have the answer already
[color=#990000][/color]
kayoade09:
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by browncolysis(m): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2016
Are still asking, grab it with joy, let ur experience start counting towards the better Offer ahead, cuss u need experience to get a better offer.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by LANDOS4RE4: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2016
Oh, you are very lucky guy. I had First class and i have workrd as office assistant after 10 years of graduation with#15000 per month. But i thank God that it is over by God garce.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by lcoral(f): 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
Third class dey work first class holder they find job. @ op people with job/ job search experiences have advised you. Kindly pick up the job & lookout for other opportunities. Although we do not know your area of specialty. Good luck.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by SmilingHarry(m): 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
Do u have any other choice ?
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Trunaijian: 1:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
In the interim, 30k is good for rice and beans, garri, indomie, egusi, okra, stew, etc. In the interim while you find a better paying job. Would you rather be without a job and eat your certificate?
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by danielnewton(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
Don't take it...u can sit down at home..so that those with pass can have something to manage..go and resign...na u brilliant pass..lolz
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by ikjalas(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Calculate ur trans,feeding if there is nothing for u forget it ok
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by karkinase(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
We are our own problem, maybe dats y employers feel dey can exploit us, a B.sc holder being offered a 30k Job its reli pathetic to say the least and not smtin one should encourage but shuld frown @ considering d high rate of how things are, from transport, feeding, clothing , e.t.c.
Im nt an advocate of sitting @ home doing nothing but we shuldnt settle for less so employers wuldnt take us for a ride. #TeamNevergiveup.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by lcoral(f): 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
karkinase:
We are our own problem, maybe dats y employers feel dey can exploit us, a B.sc holder being offered a 30k Job its reli pathetic to say the least and not smtin one should encourage but shuld frown @ considering d high rate of how things are, from transport, feeding, clothing , e.t.c.
Im nt an advocate of sitting @ home doing nothing but we shuldnt settle for less so employers wuldnt take us for a ride. #TeamNevergiveup.

U have spoken well. But have u also considered d employer's business strength & cost of running d biz. Even the government are debating on payment of 18k min. Wage. The economy isn't biznex friendly for now.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by rudian(f): 7:33am On Jan 09, 2016
danielnewton:
Don't take it...u can sit down at home..so that those with pass can have something to manage..go and resign...na u brilliant pass..lolz
;DVery funny, but here's my candid advice, take the job it will be your T fare to a better job, welcome is better than what ve you been doing at home all day? You will gain experience,stay relevant heard about better offers and meet new hopefully influential pple, don't suffer the two one madness I suffered oh it doesn't share money, go out there and grind
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by GreatEngineer(m): 8:09am On Jan 09, 2016
That is exactly the same amount I started my very first job with some years ago, the luck I have was that it was in line with my course of study so my experience started counting the very day I started the job. I left for another job within two months.
Take it if it is related to your field of study, if not don't take, it will be a waste of time n energy.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by F22RAPTOR(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
mikolo80:
your fada shhhh
o o now you see how disrespectful it is
you're worth what the market says you're worth not what you think you're worth
has he invented anything in demand
what problem has he solved. why should he be paidmore than 30 K
how productive is the company he wants to work for abi na she'll offer am 30 K
even drivers are more useful to shell than the average philosophy or educational graduate
I repeat you're only worth what you can produce in the market
imagine a billionaire about to drown the illiterate ijaw swimmer is infinitely more valuable at that point in time than a PhD who has never owned a set of bathing trunks.
demand and supply determine your worth not how many years you wasted acquiring useless certifications, I should know
now I am acquiring useful skills and getting paid appropriatel
it is you that has the mediocre mindset thinking you are worth something when.... well it depends, how much are you being paid (let me guess you can't say In a public forum )talk about mediocrity and debasing mindset
damn, I am starting to think mediocrity is incurable after reading your post. Are you being under paid in your working place? or maybe you are yet to get a job. I dont do paid employment, I own a business that adequately pays my bills. Sorry.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Zaronxpanol(f): 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
@ OP, I think u are high on weed. what do u mean by is 30k ok 4 a second class upper graduate? rather u would have asked is 30k ok for a graduate (either poly or university) . Pls stop all these class of degree and institutional discrimination. People like u were upgraded from 3.49 to 3.5, and now u are looking down on ur fellow graduates wit lower grade, who are now doing better than you in reality. because i think u are still dreaming dat ur 2.1 can give u an automatic job in shell,then wat will a first class graduate dream about? Pls wake up from ur dream and face life after school. Mind u am a 2.1 graduate ( 4.35) from a foreign university so no beefing, am jst telling u how to use ur head correctly.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by mikolo80: 2:15am On Jan 12, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

damn, I am starting to think mediocrity is incurable after reading your post. Are you being under paid in your working place? or maybe you are yet to get a job. I dont do paid employment, I own a business that adequately pays my bills. Sorry.
I am not underpaid. I am said exactly what I'm worth. if I need more money I upskill. what I do not do is sit somewhere and lament that I am worth so and so. and why if you think you're so valuable did you not look for work with your degree, why did you start a biz if your certificate is worth so much. now who is the hypocritical mediocre. is not by free MB you just come and be using words you don't know the meaning
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:30am On Jan 12, 2016
mikolo80:
I am not underpaid. I am said exactly what I'm worth. if I need more money I upskill. what I do not do is sit somewhere and lament that I am worth so and so. and why if you think you're so valuable did you not look for work with your degree, why did you start a biz if your certificate is worth so much. now who is the hypocritical mediocre. is not by free MB you just come and be using words you don't know the meaning
lol...so sorry. i got tired of working for people who wouldnt see my value. so i worked for myself because i will pay myself what am worth. sorry for the words.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by mikolo80: 3:04am On Jan 12, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

lol...so sorry. i got tired of working for people who wouldnt see my value. so i worked for myself because i will pay myself what am worth. sorry for the words.
Toh, so you see we are sayingthe same thing. you're only worth what you can do for society not what you read in school
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by RVBC: 10:13am On Feb 12, 2016
not good, but not bad for a start.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike / What's The Salary For Non-medical HND Graduate At A University Teaching Hospital / Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.