Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,314 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops (38202 Views)

Bunker, Arms Discovered Under Shops At Demolished Oshodi Market / Bunker, Arms Discovered Under Shops At Demolished Oshodi Market / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by cutekhalifa(m): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2016
Lies and deceit... Apc @ it again.... Show us the bunker and ammunitions... Or is he building one over night to back up his tales by moon light stories.... I'm patiently waiting for liar Muhammad 2comment grin grin
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by Diamond69(m): 9:34am On Jan 08, 2016
Pinshure or "You Know The Rest". wink
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 08, 2016
Pictures?? Ambo where are the pictures??
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by allthingsgood: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2016
emmalexabl:
Is it just Bunker of arms.,what else did they discover??
This people and lies ehhh..
They breath and feed on lies and propaganda...

And what could possible be their motive for lies and propaganda this time Pls stop sounding ridiculous
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by ifeomamaria: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2016
There is no water at Olile Igamu and coker area of Lagos b/c Igbos are majority residence there.
Public taps are not running but we pay water bill monthly thesame way we pay NEPA bill.
Mallams sell a gallon of water N50 to us. Other areas like Lagos Island, Costain etc where Yorubas are in majority, pumps are running 24 hrs.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 08, 2016
Judging from the length of the writeup I knew it was from a national daily, I guessed right. Judging from the heading I knew a moderator retitled it so - knowing nairalanders don't read before commenting - I am probably right.
The misinformation reported blatantly on this forum is alarming. Even worse because a lot of people believe it without question.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 08, 2016
seunmsg:
” Adejare added that the governor had been so magnanimous to have allowed the shop owners acquire new shops in Isopakodowo market at N5,000 in a place like Oshodi. “There is nowhere in Lagos where you will be paying N5, 000 per shop not to talk of the central Oshodi, but the governor agreed with them and we said we were ready to concede after which we now formally served them with a quit notice"

Kudos to the governor for his magnanimity. It is very good to read that the traders didn't lost their properties and affordable alternatives was provided for them before the demolition. The guy that was screaming yesterday that the Igbos among the shop owners should all relocate back to the east need to read this. The governor has provided good and affordable alternatives for the traders and most of them have accepted his offer.
Am currently saying in oshodi many billions of goods were lost
you can go to Oshodi to verify
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by AlPeter: 10:14am On Jan 08, 2016
ifeomamaria:
There is no water at Olile Igamu and coker area of Lagos b/c Igbos are majority residence there.
Public taps are not running but we pay water bill monthly thesame way we pay NEPA bill.
Mallams sell a gallon of water N50 to us. Other areas like Lagos Island, Costain etc where Yorubas are in majority, pumps are running 24 hrs.
a CLOWN that's what touch are, Which water they flow for where Yoruba dey. Mushin, Oshodi, Ilupeju Surulere has no running water and we all buy #50 from MaiRuwa. Go to Shomolu, Bariga and Oworonshoki it's the same. @topic arms and ammunition in oshodi is a norm I don't know why dat's news. Those weapons belong to the touts there.

1 Like

Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by Cjay2020(m): 10:16am On Jan 08, 2016
misleading topic....
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by ehissi(m): 10:22am On Jan 08, 2016
All are nothing but lies and propaganda;

What of Fashola then, that closed Computer village for 4 solid days, citing violation of environmental and sanitary laws; only for market leaders/traders to hear that LASG won't open the market until #100million was paid as tax - eventually them negotiate that money down oooooh till they were made to pay an initial deposit in millions first while the rest will be mobilised from shop owners - and from that day every shop owner was made to collect Tax IDs direct from state government for income tax and there were made to pay income tax on staff!!

If you go to Computer village now, to put just one show-glass on the ground and sell along the road, inside computer village now na #40,000!!

That was how ambode also went on air last year and declared that the state government had given 21 days ultimatum/grace-period for Okada riders to leave the expressways because the law keeping them off the highways was only relaxed during elections to forestall violence.

The very day he gave the pronouncement, state task force went to oshodi market to seize bikes and wares of traders on the expressway - rumour has it that Oshodi cum ladipo as well as alaba market areas na pro-PDP - hence the surprise attack.

That day, na "Ambo Ooooh, Ambo!!" na e the people dey sing for the leaders of the market whey put APC sticker for their shop door; sebi the money whey them don give una don finish, una eye don clear!!

Today again, them say security issue; I have walked Oshodi 12midnight, 1am, 2am with no harassment; even the market had to raise vigilantes in addition to police presence because government is always looking for an excuse to go there and terrorise them!!

Nigerian authorities saw arms in a market, and they didn't broadcast videos of the arms, have you forgotten that the police is involved in such exercises and will take over immediately arms are discovered??

Why did they set fire to the market; if truly no wares were present in the market??

And why was the place sealed and traders barred from entering?? Why will a trader even want to enter a market when he has no goods inside it!!??

Oga Ambo!! You try Oooh; well done!!

Its good for them; at least that way when 2019 comes, them go get sense!! Unless the #1500 of 2015 still dey hungry them, in which case............Sooooorrrrrry lipsrsealed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by Toosure70: 10:26am On Jan 08, 2016
I knew it, no wonder they want to claim Lagos.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by free2ryhme: 10:32am On Jan 08, 2016
I don't believe the arms aspect
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by lomprico(m): 10:48am On Jan 08, 2016
ojnnaco:
The Demolition of the area to fast track the relocation is not and will never be a bad idea... am not against that BUT I strongly oppose the short time given for the demolition... its uncalled for and too prompt ...
Check the days btw Dec21st and Jan 5th as mentioned in d article
Imagine! Some of them have already travelled for d hols by then and are not back when they demolished their shops.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by amazingspiderma: 10:49am On Jan 08, 2016
I opened this thread to see the picture and security response.
if the government claimed that it rented those shops out for N5000,it should come up with receipt evidences for payment.Untill then,they should keep quite.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by rheedor(m): 10:51am On Jan 08, 2016
Pictorial Evidence
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 08, 2016
If Lagos is to become a modern city, there will be change to the way people live and work in it. Lagos has a multi year master plan that is executed stage by stage; we've seen the exit of molue which was initially resisted by the NURTW, we saw the beautification of underpasses which was protested by Block makers associations and other traders, we've seen the banning of okada from state highways which was not only resisted but the okada drivers said they would vote pdp. These changes have affected the Yoruba, ibo and Northerner plus all other tribes. In the case of Ojota this has been going on for 10 years culminating in a 16 day notice. No one filed an injunction and most of the shops were evacuated except for those eternal optimists and last minute people that are found every where in Nigeria. Turning this into a tribal issue is disservice to the whole evolution of Lagos since 1999. Yet as always happens when the new Ojota bus station is built which will triple traffic and business to the area, everyone will go into " silent" mode. Cities do not develop based on spontaneous shanty town growth. Lagos receives 600,000 new inhabitants per year and it's infrastructure needs to become more robust so that it can carry the dreams and aspirations of all those who live within her. If it is feared that the new location will collapse, the Ojota market association can commission an independent structural engineer to examine the building and make recommendations to the LASG. Modernization has a price and in Lagos it must and will be paid. Lets avoid sensational comments that are not grounded in logic.

1 Like

Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by 9jatatafo(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2016
Did the government make any attempt to arrest the occupants of the shops where bunkers were found? How come we did not see picture or pictures of the bunkers? Why relocate people who built bunkers under their shops? Yeye dey smell.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by whizkid10(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2016
YoruBanger:
[/color]

Imagine o. Yet some people will be opening mischievous propaganda threads claiming the allocated shops at the BETTER alternative market cost between 1 to 3-million naira? ? I am pretty sure it'll be difficult to find a shop that's as cheap as the Lag govt alternative market in the SE, yet these people just like to wail and cry about VICTIMIZATION at the slightest opportunity.

If Una feel victimized please pack up and go back to the SE. Una blackmail attempts are Dead on Arrival. Truth is you can never please some folks no matter what you do.

I personally think rather than cry foul, Victimization everytime we shud just support the government of the day in any state we find ourselves. Its even recorded in Jeremiah where God said, pray for the city you find yourself because that's where you be blessed. I am also from the South, however, whenever I'm in Lagos i feel proud cos its our country. Lets stop all these tribal things its just dragging us backwards. After all majority of the SE/SS also own properties in Lagos and so the development is for all!

Happy Prosperous New Year to us all.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by Pque(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
AustineE1:
Propaganda is the hallmark of the APC government,wonder when they will out-grow this election campaign mentality and face reality.
The more shops you destroy,the more thiefs you create in lagos,the more unleavable it becomes,dont forget that 'what happens in vegas stays in vegas'.

d more reason why we have panti nd d likes.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by ojnnaco(m): 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
lomprico:

Imagine! Some of them have already travelled for d hols by then and are not back when they demolished their shops.
That's Nigeria for us ...
And nobody will question them
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by bazdebest(m): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
Where is the bunker please check and confirm there is no bomb hidden inside.
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by maxxx(m): 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
A major news like this and no pictures? Naaaa!!!.Lagos must be made sane and easier for commuters to move around but not like this.questions I pose.......1) why give a very short window period for traders to evacuate their wares before demolition knowing its a major relocation as some don't even have a place to move to yet.2)Why put an ejection order when majority of traders there are known to be Igbo's have traveled en mass for Xmas and new year celebrations. ....?3)As it was discovered that many traders have not evacuated their wares was there any attempt to extend the grace period knowing fully well that the owners might not be around?.....3) In all sincerity will LASG say 16 days is enough for occupants of up to 1000 shops to evacuate their wares in a holiday season conveniently? ......... No matter how disdainfully we look at this traders Let us remember they are someone's father,mother,uncle,aunty etc and above all their care and protection is enshrined in the Nigerian constitution.In better climes everyone of these traders will be assisted to resettle before any form of demolition takes place.For me this is abuse of power.The traders should have been given at least a month time frame to vacate the market.LASG wanted to save lagosians from thieves and armed robbers now they've unleashed more.

1 Like

Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by bigtt76(f): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
Picshure or adonbelieveit
Re: Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops by matthew41(m): 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
picture or i dont believe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service / Omoyele Sowore Leads #ResumeOrResign Protest In New York (Photos) / Christopher Ogiehor Murdered! Matthew Iduoriyekemwen Father-in-law Killed In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.