Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,201 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram (16130 Views)

Over 3000 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To North-east. / Court Martial ; 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment Back To North-east / Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Lautechgossip(m): 7:30am On Jan 08, 2016
….say they have never been really re-instated

By Luka Binniyat

KADUNA—The 3032 soldiers, who were pardoned last August for various offences during campaigns against the Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram, in the North East of Nigeria, have rejected posting to the fronts.

The soldiers explained that they were never really pardoned and re-integrated into the Army, but rather, re-sentenced to the war front.

*Some suspected culprits at the inauguration of a general court martial to try erring army personnel, in Jos, yesterday. PHOTO: NAN.
*Some of the soldiers

Vanguard learned this created anxiety at the Command and Staff College, Nigerian Army School of Infantry, NASI, Jaji, Kaduna state, when over 3,000 soldiers – who claimed to have been subjected to unimaginable ill treatment after their pardon – were gathered by the Commandant of NASI, Major General Kassim Aldulkareem, to inform them that they have been assigned new riffles and should be ready for deployment to the fronts on the 11 January, 2016.

No reinstatement letters
According to sources, the soldiers complained that they have not been fully re-instated into the Nigerian Army, because attempts by them to report to their units were rejected at their bases since they have no re-instatement letters.

The soldiers also said that since they have been kicked out of the barracks they have not been paid for seven months making their families who live off-barracks begging for food.

It was gathered that, they cried, “We are not going! Give us re-instatement letters! You are sentencing us back to war,” among others. According to sources, the Commandant hurriedly left when the soldiers were becoming uncontrollable.

One of the soldiers who spoke to some newsmen on grounds that his name not be mentioned said: “Look at me; I have put in about 28 years of my life serving this country. I have seen action in Liberia; I have been to Rwanda, Sudan and even served overseas and we the Nigerian troops did very well and were decorated in some occasions.

“But, our experience in fighting to save our motherland is too sad a story for the outside world to know. We are not cowards. We held on for over four months facing Boko Haram.

“I just want to say that after the Army dismissed about 5,000 of us, 3032 of us were pardoned last August. Since that time, the Army Authority has treated us like prisoners of wars.

Asked to assemble in Jaji
“We were told to assemble in Jaji on August 17, which we did. Then on August 19, the General Officer Commander, GOC, of 1st Infantry Division, Maj. Gen Adeniyi Oyebade gathered us and without prior noticed moved us to Nigerian Army training Centre, NATRAC, Kontogora. Some of us found ourselves there in bathroom slippers. We were just taken straight to the place. Then, without any additional clothes or uniform, we were subjected to what was clear punishment, not training for another three weeks.

“Still in the clothes we came, we were again relocated to 333 artillery Barracks, Njetilo, Maiduguri. We got nothing but constant insults as cowards. We were there without uniforms no arms. They just left us there and we were abused and told to assemble at every two hours through these days for another three weeks.

“In Jaji, we went through another round of punishment, not training. Yet, we were not given any letter to show that we are still serving soldiers.

“So when the Commandant came and said we were going back to the North East, without clearing our status, we felt we have been punished enough.” he said.

The Public Relations Officer, PRO, of the Nigerian Infantry Corps, Major C.K Abaide, told our correspondent on phone that he was not aware of the development.

“I shall reach you back immediately I have our side of the story”, he said, but never did at the time of sending this report.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/court-marshal-3032-pardoned-soldiers-reject-redeployment-to-n-east/

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Timbi: 7:32am On Jan 08, 2016
These soldiers deserve to be dismissed for life. They want to serve in Aso villa abi? Are they better than the troops at the war front now? Burantai oya ngwanu.
You should expect anything from the day you enlist into the NA, and the only way out is to leave the service.
These things are not new in the NA. Your resilience is being tested here.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by brunofarad(m): 7:32am On Jan 08, 2016
Dasuki avalanche
Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Cutehector(m): 7:33am On Jan 08, 2016
Make I hear say I apply to be enlisted in the army

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by kilokeys(m): 7:34am On Jan 08, 2016
See punishment.. Training for 3 weeks?.. Brought out every 2 hrs? Insults and all..

Hmmm what happens to the folks that looted the funds meant for arms?

8 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by espn(m): 7:37am On Jan 08, 2016
If the COA is incompetent let him be kicked out..no time for nonsense..

3 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Lautechgossip(m): 7:39am On Jan 08, 2016
Lalasticlala Ishilove

1 Like

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by wiringdpt(m): 7:42am On Jan 08, 2016
Did you even read the whole story?
Timbi:
These soldiers deserve to be dismissed for life. They want to serve in Aso villa abi? Are they better than the troops at the war front now? Burantai oya ngwanu.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by IamPatriotic(m): 7:46am On Jan 08, 2016
Timbi:

I'm 100% sure you didn't read the content before rushing to comment, hence your comments wouldn't be this off point.

63 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by dammy13(m): 7:50am On Jan 08, 2016
wiringdpt:
Did you even read the whole story?

I don't think he glanced throught the content. He only dropped his comment from the title.

15 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Lusola15: 8:15am On Jan 08, 2016
Hmmm

One of d problem of dis job is dt u follow without asking why. Good or bad

3 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Greataausim(m): 8:32am On Jan 08, 2016
undecided...... Why is it only in nigeria, our gallant soldiers are suffering

5 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Chubhie: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2016
what a country.

4 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Lautechgossip(m): 8:59am On Jan 08, 2016
Greataausim:
undecided...... Why is it only in nigeria, our gallant soldiers are suffering

I wonder oooo. Naija needs deliverance

3 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by leke12(m): 9:24am On Jan 08, 2016
Soldiers are human beings too!

5 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by NIJJAking(m): 9:56am On Jan 08, 2016
REPENT NOW EVERYONE OF YOUR SINFUL EVIL WAYS
OF LIFE TO AVOID SPENDING YOUR ETERNITY IN HELL
FIRE,,,,,,JESUS CHRIST LOVE YOU SOO MUCH AND
WARN YOU TO REPENT AND CONVERT NOW TO
CHRISTIANITY TO AVOID HELL FIRE WHEN YOU
DIE,,,,God made you to be with Him here and in eternity,,,,you are not a mistake creature,,,be wise
dont gamble with your eternity

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by lasisi69(f): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2016
Who wan die... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by BCISLTD: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2016
grin nobody wan die....once bitten twice shy

If you want the golf 4 pls come and carry it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2766054/cheap-toks-golf-4...550k

1 Like

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Kangol99(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2016
smiley
Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Chanchit: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2016
If na me nko?! I know one army guy, he said they live just to die in that place but I thank God for his life today he got a visa to malta on Monday cos the guy just wants out.

4 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by MuamarGaddaffi: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2016
Do Nigeria Army really want them dead ?
Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2016
Soldiers would be like. IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FIGHT COME AND GET THE GUNS

7 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 08, 2016
Before nko?
you want them to go back to an even greater hell than the one they faced?
so that if 3000 of them are killed the government will dig a ditch and throw them inside like our 105 soldiers

my guys flee, it's better you are in prison than go there and face certain massacre.

Chukwu gozie ndi na lo anyi agha.
#IgboNomad

3 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by broxymall(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2016
lwkmd grin

see their faces

just hit likes for these soldiers just for no reason

Get your Timberland,Nike ,festina,armani and Watch collections here http://
www.nairaland.com/2618975/timberland-boot-sneakers-emporio-armanicasio

1 Like

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Timoleon(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2016
when i bin dey watch death race, i tink say na dere e go end....dem don apply d script to naija o....kill or be killed in sambisa!

1 Like

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by fr3do(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2016
who no like life? grin
Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Salex007(m): 11:10am On Jan 08, 2016
No!!! they deserve to be compensated
Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Olukat(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2016
The Mutiny continues tongue tongue tongue
Take them to Aso rock and engage them there grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by RockMaxi: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2016

Then something is seriously wrong internally with the NA.

7 Likes

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Smartsyn(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2016
Why?

I thought the war is technically over.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram by Johnrake69: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2016
Naija which way? angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: APC Rakes In N21.93bn From 22 Presidential, 105 Guber, 1198 NASS Aspirants / Our Institutions Are Weak - Osita Chidoka Blames Nigeria Over His In-Law's Death / No Money Was Released For Renovation - Senate Speaks On Leaking Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.