Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Employees Without An Exit Plan - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Employees Without An Exit Plan (12735 Views)

How Much Does Shoprite Pay Its Employees? / Funny Pics Of How Some Management Treat Their Employees / Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employees Without An Exit Plan by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
Mtn acquires visafone and over 2000 employees of visafone have lost their jobs. An excerpt of the news that caught my attention is “Some of us have put in five to 10 years of our lives in keeping the business going, but see what we are getting now. It is well.”

It is sad seeing people having this kind of mindset that having worked this long with any organisation, they and the company have become inseparable. They fail to realise that there are no permanent friends but permanent interest, be it politics or organisations.

Employees fail to realise that there are other stakeholders apart from them and the ultimate stakeholder, according to prestine capitalist, are the shareholders.

As employees continually desires regular salaries, shareholders desires regular dividend and there is constantly a clash of interest which the management must balance.

Every employee must have an exit plan from the day they were engaged. The system of the world is not designed to make you prosper rather you must capitalise on the system and bring out your success.

Employees should also be sensitive enough to know when the company is in distress and such information will enable the employee to be a step ahead of shocks. Except ofcourse, something out of the blue comes up

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lalasticlala, seun, mynd44 let's enlighten people
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by MediaDeveloper(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
okay

What you should learn from this MTN - Visafone saga is to never put all your eggs in one basket.

Am not saying you should not give your maximum input to the development of your employers business, in fact I will advice you to give 100 per cent to anything you are doing except when you are donating blood.

To be on a safer side in your career development is to enterprise. Invest in something you can see and continue your career with a sense and confidence that only entrepreneurs have.

I know there are not much job available in Nigeria. But, I was able to come up with this article on why you should job hunt even if you have a good job you don't plan to leave any time soon. http://www.234jam.com/2016/01/got-ambition-you-should-job-hunt-for.html

I wish all Nairalander Success and sense in this year 2016 and beyond.

10 Likes

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Artless360(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
Juma'at kareem to ol my Muslim brodaz nd sistaz

5 Likes

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
True, if u are not business inclined. Use ur salary to build houses in mowe, awoayaya, eleko, ayobo and other cheap places and be collecting rent. But no they won't. Na ford edge, crib of 1.5-2m in oniru or lekki, useless vacation to Dubai/uk/us them sabi do. Zero sympathy for the stupid employees abeg

32 Likes

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by autolearner: 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
preach
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by johnshagb(m): 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
What a selfish OP, Na you create thread na you first comment undecided
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Sijo01(f): 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
Can't hen-T-hen absorb instead of sacking the staff?

1 Like

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by busybeei5(f): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
#truth
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by coolhamid(m): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
OK
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by cold(m): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
Can't argue with that
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by VickyRotex(f): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
So True!
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by westlius(m): 2:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
Every1 is talkin of visa fone @ least dey paid dem some salaries. Starcomm incur my papa dem no pay am 4 2years still retrench all of dem wit may papa 8 years of servic
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Me I sure get EXIT and expel plan sef, within 5 years I hope to resign.
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Lilimax(f): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
panachuku:
True, if u are not business inclined. Use ur salary to build houses in mowe, awoayaya, eleko, ayobo and other cheap places and be collecting rent. But no they won't. Na ford edge, crib of 1.5-2m in oniru or lekki, useless vacation to Dubai/uk/us them sabi do. Zero sympathy for the stupid employees abeg
undecided?

3 Likes

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Lilimax(f): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
panachuku:
undecided?
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Lilimax(f): 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
Every employee like myself should have a plan B aside in case of ... lipsrsealed
The country is not doing well as per economy wise and most companies are downsizing shocked
We shouldn't be cut unaware!

2 Likes

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by spacyzuma(m): 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
ikwoche:
Mtn acquires visafone and over 2000 employees of visafone have lost their jobs. An excerpt of the news that caught my attention is “Some of us have put in five to 10 years of our lives in keeping the business going, but see what we are getting now. It is well.”

It is sad seeing people having this kind of mindset that having worked this long with any organisation, they and the company have become inseparable. They fail to realise that there are no permanent friends but permanent interest, be it politics or organisations.

Employees fail to realise that there are other stakeholders apart from them and the ultimate stakeholder, according to prestine capitalist, are the shareholders.

As employees continually desires regular salaries, shareholders desires regular dividend and there is constantly a clash of interest which the management must balance.

Every employee must have an exit plan from the day they were engaged. The system of the world is not designed to make you prosper rather you must capitalise on the system and bring out your success.

Employees should also be sensitive enough to know when the company is in distress and such information will enable the employee to be a step ahead of shocks. Except ofcourse, something out of the blue comes up

Wise words.

It's very easy to get relaxed and comfortable in a job or societal status. Today's society and economic climate doesn't forgive complacency. One has to always remain focused and vigilant.

5 Likes

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by An0nimus: 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sijo01:
Can't hen-T-hen absorb instead of sacking the staff?

absorb some, yes. Absorb all, doubt that.

lilimax only you buy like four plots of land for this first page of this thread tongue
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by 400billionman: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
panachuku:

On point.

I see some of my former colleagues posting pictures of foreign vactions abroad, i did be smiling.

I know their salary level. No plot of land, no house.

4 Likes

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Kx: 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
panachuku:
useless vacation to Dubai/uk/us them sabi do.

That is the most annoying part especially when they sink all their salary and allowance to it even from people who are answerable to landlords at the beginning of a new year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Pavore9: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sighs.....was their intention to work there forever?
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Kposkila: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
Kx:

That is the most annoying part especially when they sink all their salary and allowance to it even from people who are answerable to landlords at the beginning of a new year.
All na to show off, esp lagosians, see dem live flamboyantly and still dey answerable to landlord, selfie dubia tins, if u wan relax wetin do tinapa or Oda local tourist centres.

1 Like

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by adedam007(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
T
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by wizkidblogger(f): 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by theV0ice: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
Very good advice.

Complacency kills
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by yomalex(m): 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Chai
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Jobsdome: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
H
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Wolfbrother(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
panachuku:

you sound like a hater

3 Likes

Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by buoye1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
Thanks, I have picked up the message here
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by gloriana(f): 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
great. I need just 2 more determined, self motivated goal getter employees for my new project. lags residents please.
Re: Employees Without An Exit Plan by Akosxxx(m): 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
100likes for the OP

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Jobs In A Difficult Economy - Entrepreneurs Advise Workers / What Is A Surgeon's/doctor's Salary Like In Nigeria Compared To The U.S.? / Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.