Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,039 members, 7,838,599 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Nigeria, Nigeria.. When Shall Thou Wake Up From Thy Slumber?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria, Nigeria.. When Shall Thou Wake Up From Thy Slumber?? (540 Views)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / Commit Thy Ways Unto The Lord. / Thou Shall Not Kill. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Nigeria.. When Shall Thou Wake Up From Thy Slumber?? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
Consider this a poem. I'm pretty sure what i say here bothers most of us in this country except for the brainwashed many. Sadly...

When a country has more churches than schools, it is not a good thing. It is a bad thing.
When a country has more churches than hospitals, it is not a good thing. It is a bad thing.
When a country has so many churches that generate tithes, which is the same as a business generating revenue/
income, but does not pay taxes to the government, that's not a good thing. It is a bad thing.
When a country has more pastors than school teachers, it is not a good thing. It is a bad thing. When a country has more pastors than doctors, it is not a good thing. It is a bad thing. Afrika, most especially Nigeria, has more churches, pastors, and Christian prayer warriors than any country on Earth, compared to rich Western countries where church attendance is low, the Christian religion is dying, and people don't pray for miracles but prey for breakthroughs in science and technology.
Nigeria has nothing to show for all the churches and pastors it has, but rich Western countries, such as the U.K., Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, and Finland which are atheist countries, have a lot to show for their economic success.
Afrikans need to wake up and realize times have changed, and it is necessary for them to change with the times or they will remain left behind on one spot. Nigeria needs teachers, thinkers, inventors, entrepreneurs, doctors, engineers, architects, lawyers, and incorruptible politicians, not pastors, not imams, not religion. This is 2016! My people My people (in Rochas's voice) una dey hear me so?!
Re: Nigeria, Nigeria.. When Shall Thou Wake Up From Thy Slumber?? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nice write up

Nigeria (and Afrika)
Has a very long way to go
We are light years behind the rest of the world
and are comfortable where we are

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Nigeria.. When Shall Thou Wake Up From Thy Slumber?? by fedex01: 12:16am On Jan 09, 2016
Nigeria needs to get rid of colonizers' religion (Christianity) and all the western exploitation that comes with it! (Christian missionaries spreading westernization, exploiting resources of Afrikas and so on). Nigeria should have its traditional religion which is Islam--and it should become a great Muslim country with rules and laws--which will be a light to rest of Muslim World and hence Nigeria will become a GLOBAL player.

Currently, Nigerians can sing on the tunes of white-men's religion..nothing will change.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Part Of The Lord's Prayer Mean? / Is It A Sin To Charge Phone At Church And Z It A Sin To Change Money @ Church? / The Power Of Togetherness: Christians & Muslims Work Together Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.