Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

SOS To President Buhari: Pls Save The Students Of University Of Abuja - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SOS To President Buhari: Pls Save The Students Of University Of Abuja (518 Views)

University Of Abuja Lecturer Burst Into Tears After Analyzing This (Photos) / Kebbi Commissioner Visits School And Meets Only The Students There / High Price Of Kerosene And The Students Of PolyUnwana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOS To President Buhari: Pls Save The Students Of University Of Abuja by oshiosense(m): 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
It is unfortunately shameful that a university in the name and form of University of Abuja is located in a well planned and revered Capital city like Abuja. This is because, virtually every academic process, ranging from the admission process, even the structures, accreditation of programmes, lectures and examinations are not only done in mostly unprofessional manners, but they are carried out in a 'stone age'-like manner. Little wonder that many of their academic programmes are granted 'provisional' accreditation. Also, little wonder that upon the huge billions of Naira alleged to have been spent in building infrastructure at the permanent site, nothing tangible comparative to the amount spent, is on ground. Another serious issue is that issues affecting the students are not always adequately addressed, because authority normally view studentship of the University as a privilege. For the school authority and their loyal ASUU inclined lecturers, students can go to hell. Worst still, is the fact that for the school to release semester examination results, is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle. As am I writing this piece, results of semester examinations conducted sometimes in 2013 and 2014, not to talk of 2015, are yet to be released. These practices have been going on for years and one thought things would become better as a new VC came in last year. Although, the new VC succeeded in making the school calender faster and also started some major maintenances at the permanent site, but the issues of students getting their results as and at when due, has been and continued to be a mirage. Imagine a situation where students will not get their semester results on time to enable those with Carry overs sit for such examinations, instead students are at the mercy of their departmental heads and class representatives to make unofficial inquiries and request from individual lecturers for the names of students with carry overs in their courses! Also imagine a situation where a lecturer will deliberately refuses(without apology) to submit results on time to the school authority for approval and eventual release to students!! Imagine a situation where 4 years after graduation, graduated students don't know their fate because results would not have been released!!! What is really wrong with the University of Abuja? I think these are issues that the President and the new Minister of Education have got to deal with immediately if that school should be taken serious as citadel of higher learning, considering the fact that it is situated in the Federal Capital Territorry.
Re: SOS To President Buhari: Pls Save The Students Of University Of Abuja by goodmorning40: 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
university of abuja is as useless as the name, it is a shame that it has to bear that name because that school is nothing near a university . Imagine where students spends ten years for a program of five years simply because the school have no management . it is a shame it is just a shame it is a big shame, I pity my country

1 Like

Re: SOS To President Buhari: Pls Save The Students Of University Of Abuja by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
OP, how do ur people go for NYSC? This is unfortunate. I don't even remember most times that Abuja has a university. Just keep flooding the net with articles, one day, God go answer yr call.

Lalasticlala, I've never tagged u before but pls, do this for the helpless victims.

1 Like

Re: SOS To President Buhari: Pls Save The Students Of University Of Abuja by oshiosense(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
goodmorning40:
university of abuja is as useless as the name, it is a shame that it has to bear that name because that school is nothing near a university . Imagine where students spends ten years for a program of five years simply because the school have no management . it is a shame it is just a shame it is a big shame, I pity my country
Infact, many thought after the end of the abysmal tenures of Prof. Adelabu, that the incumbent VC, Prof. Adikwu would make things better, but it seems he is overwhelmed by the huge issues facing the University, coupled with the incessant activities of a small clique that called themselves ASUU activists, who are ready to frustrate any VC that does not play their card.

(1) (Reply)

Tutorials Masters / Noun Convocation,16 January 2016 / Why Do People Run Away From Mathematics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.