Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC (3656 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Kicked Out Of APC Primaries (Snapshot) / Senator Uche Ekwunife Decamps To APC / Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Ndlistic(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sen. Uche Ekwunife, the erstwhile senator representing Anambra Central Senatorial District, announced on Friday that she had defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Ekwunife, who was inaugurated as senator in June, 2015, had her election nullified by Appeal Courtin Enugu on Dec. 6, 2015, on grounds of irregularities.The court ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a fresh election in the zone within 90 days.

Ekwunife, who has begun preparation for the repeat poll confirmed her defection from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)to newsmen in Awka.

” It’s better now for me to join the APC.“Let the heat be there; I am already on campaigns for my return to the senate, tocomplete my contract with the people of Anambra Central District,” she said.Ekwunife said that her goodies for her people under the APC would soon be made public.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/ekwunife-defects-to-apc/

cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by yemmynoni: 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
Orisirisi......... Please what will happen in this scenario ooooooooo

Fct

Ka sha ma Dupe
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by vivianblog(f): 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
grin grin
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Jimatex(m): 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
Thats politics for you. No permanent emeny or friend
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Beremx(f): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Seriously? very funny!
grin grin
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Long overdue
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Macelliot(m): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
She just secured an "Authomatic loss" to Victor Umeh of APGA.....

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by babadem2much(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
Now I know she is lying, you can still win if your people likes you not the party, how ever, every move you make to to defect was a hit back to back
from PDP to APC a won wet rey
iyalaya anybody.

na u know where u match sha
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by LordMecuzy(m): 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nigerian Politics Nawa
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
Political prostitution.from PPA to PDP and now to Apc.this woman ur leg no dey stay one place.
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by northvietnam(m): 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
SE. hate APC and anything it stands for....

Even a primary 2 child contest against her now that she is in APC , she will still loose the the small baby as far as say naaah APC she dey
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sai APC!!!

You mean APC is beginning to gain foothold in Anambra State or wait let me check again grin grin grin

Did she say,"It’s better now for me to join the APC. Let the heat be there..." Is she on heat?

Where is lalasticlala sef shocked

2 Likes

Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by gratefulheart(m): 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vivian, you dey laugh bai
See your self, see your sister
We Nigerians are very funny
From APGA to PDP to APC
Politicians are loyal to nobody except themselves and they.
And some idiot Will themselves for nothing

God bless Nigeria!

vivianblog:
grin grin
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by fhelihx(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hmm,politicians indeed undecided
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
[OFFICIAL SPEECH]

Today, I officially joined the All Progressives Congress (APC).

You will recall that the election which returned me as your Senator was mischievously cancelled. The reason which the court adduced was that I was not duly and legitimately nominated as the PDP flag bearer for Anambra Central Senatorial election in 2015.

I also wish to let you know that a Federal High Court Abuja has Prior to this judgement upheld my candidacy in a suit filled by Chief Sylvester Okonkwo challenging the validity of my candidacy.

But then, even if I were not the valid candidate, the right thing for the court was to declare whosoever came second in the PDP Primaries as the authentic candidate and thereby replacing me as it is purely a party matter.

But the court which was FATHER CHRISTMAS granted Victor Umeh what he did not pray for, as his prayer was for the court to declare him winner of the election.

The court which has before it enough evidence that Umeh lost went ahead to nullify the election on the basis of what they called invalid primaries of the Anambra State PDP. A reason which is not strong enough to cancel the election in an appeal filled by APGA and Umeh as other political parties also contested in the election.

The questions remain,
i. How can invalid PDP primaries affect an election which other political parties participated in?
ii. Why should the invalid PDP primaries be a source of granting Umeh who took me to court the nullification of the election which other political parties (which did not go to court) participated in?
iii. Why was my own election the only one that was canceled when the same invalid PDP primaries produced other PDP Senators, Members of the House of Representatives as well as State Assembly Members?

My good people of Anambra Central, the outcome of what we witnessed was a conspiracy between some elements in PDP and the State Government who were panicking over what they referred to as my rising profile.

I am focused and my major concern is to bring back the dividends of democracy to my people. These I have done so far by

i. Being the first woman to be appointed the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Petroleum Downstream.
ii. Sponsoring, moving and leading many Bills and Motions on the floor of the Senate among which is the motion on FLOOD AND EROSION DISASTER IN AWKA, ISUANAOCHA, OBOSI AND OTHER COMMUNITIES IN ANAMBRA CENTRAL.
iii. I also influenced and led the Senate Ad hoc Committee to Anambra State to see and have a first hand touch of what my people are experiencing.
iv. Partnering with the Federal Government to ensure adequate supply of petroleum products
v. Assisted Seven youths to gain employment in the Federal Service since I became a Senator six months ago.
vi. Among others quite numerous to mention here.

Even after these minor setbacks, I advised PDP to conduct primaries in other to produce a candidate who will fly the party’s flag in the oncoming repeat election, but since then, nothing meaningful has been done as they are busy creating more confusion in the party. A confusion which will lead the party nowhere.

My good people of Anambra Central Senatorial District; taking cognizance of these developments, I took time to make wide consultations and have decided to join the All Progressive Congress (APC).
It is true some of us did not give our support to APC in the previous election, it is true you voted for me massively in PDP, but then my brothers and sisters, that seed of confusion that militated against PDP in the previous election is still inherent and may not be of any good to any people.

We Ndigbo cannot continue to be relegated from the national bargain which we are co-owners. This is the time to join forces with the Federal Government to move our country forward.

I remain your amiable lawmaker, I remain your dogged Senator, I promise to give you a much better representation.

Accept the assurances of my best regards.

Thanks.

Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by kel4soft: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
She once said before the election that APC is an Islamix party
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by soludo93(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
She is seeking for King Buhari's protection. Desperate woman applying desperate measure.
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by 1United1: 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
We will use the state apparatus to return her.

By 2019, APC will controlling majority of elective posts in the south EASt.

Congratulations My Crush!!
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by modath(f): 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
Just when you think you've heard it all, Naija politician will come swinging from outfield to teach you new things.. shocked shocked

Wont stop her pre ordained loss!!! Won't call her names, her acts is doing that!!!

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by baby124: 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
Rotfl. Absolute shamelessness. Kai. These people care about no one. She wants to put the heat of her loss on APC so they will stop her loss. Is she the flag bearer for APC? Can't PDP sue her?
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by ShowYourCertificate: 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
A very wrong move. She has eventually cowered to the APC.
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Jorussia(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
APC be careful with this woman she is a confirmed political prostitute

2 Likes

Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by ozoigbondu: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
If I didn't vote for Ngige in APC it is this Shameless prostitute that I will vote for

Congratulations to Victor umeh on his impending flawless victory

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
Front page.
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Ghost01(m): 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
And the comic show called "naija politics" goes on.
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by winniz: 7:34pm On Jan 08, 2016
Congrats to Victor Umeh in advance for crusing straight to victory unopposed.
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by LoveDecay(m): 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
Would this mean she is the only female APC senatorial candidate from the east.

If this is true - she just secured her position - actually. Been a woman in politics has its advantages, especially now that Nnamdi Kani is about to spend life imprisoned - giving her the senatorial seat would definitely score cheap points for apc - but points nonetheless.
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by amacastel: 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
Am not surprise she is an overall prostitude both bodily and politically. From destroying ex gov mbadinuju AC to PDP from PDP to PPA to LP from APGA then back to PDP now she is in APC Uche ekwunife na wa for u power is not by force God has bless u pls be contended
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by theV0ice: 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
Tufiakwa....what rubbish is this? shocked

I disbelieved this news when it first broke and I still can't believe it now angry

What is this? I hope and pray no single soul votes for her.

Congrats to Victor Umeh in advance.....consistency should have its rewards and very few deserve it like Umeh

Nonsense
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
Useless politicians without any ideology. They only look for where to get yams to steal.
Re: Senator Uche Ekwunife Defects To APC by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
LoveDecay:
Would this mean she is the only female APC senatorial candidate from the east.

If this is true - she just secured her position - actually. Been a woman in politics has its advantages, especially now that Nnamdi Kani is about to spend life imprisoned - giving her the senatorial seat would definitely score cheap points for apc - but points nonetheless.

Why not come from your hut in Ogbomosho and make her a senator under APC in anambra state!!! It would a very cold day in hell the day an APC senator would emerge in Anambra state

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Heaven Will Fall If Buhari’s Soldiers Interrupt Our Friday Rally In Ph / Important Things You Need To Know About Dating A Yoruba Man / Nigerian Bisi Ezerioha Built The Fastest Carbureted Front-wheel Car On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.