Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View (925 Views)

A Biblical View Of Tithes / The Biblical View Of Food Shortage In Nigeria / Differences Between Islamic War And Biblical War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by Freegift75: 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
www.gotquestions.org/surrogate-mother.html

Who is a surrogate mother?:

A woman who agrees, often for pay, to give birth to a child resulting from artificial insemination or the implantation of an already fertilized egg and who surrenders any parental rights to a third party.

Thinking about becoming a surrogate?

If you enjoy being pregnant and have experienced uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery, then you may well be an ideal candidate for surrogate motherhood.

Who Uses Surrogates?

A woman might decide to use a surrogate for
several reasons:

She may have medical problems with her uterus.
She may have had a hysterectomy that removed her uterus. There may be conditions that make pregnancy impossible or medically risky, such as severe heart disease.

Other women choose surrogacy after trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant with a variety of
assisted-reproduction techniques (ART), such as
IVF.

"What does the Bible say about being or using a surrogate mother?"

Using a surrogate mother to bear children for a childless couple is as old as the story of Abraham and Sarah in Genesis chapter 16. Sarah could not bear children, so she gave her servant, Hagar, to Abraham so she could have his children.

This was a common practice at the time, since a childless woman was shamed by her friends and family. This story is the closest the Bible comes to what we call “traditional surrogacy” today, where the
mother is impregnated with the sperm of a man—
often one whose wife is incapable of producing eggs
—usually by means of artificial insemination.

Also practiced today is “gestational surrogacy” which
involves transplantation of an already-conceived embryo containing the sperm and egg from a couple. In this case, the surrogate’s role is simply that of a carrier, which was not the case with Hagar.

We learn from Hagar’s story that using a surrogate parent has the possibility to cause pain, heartache, and confusion. One problem that arose with Hagar is that she did not want to give her child over to Sarah when it was born. This can still happen today, as women discover that giving away their children (despite financial compensation) can cause immeasurable pain because of the bond that forms
between the pregnant mother and the child she is
carrying, even before it is born.

The Bible does not forbid the use of a surrogate parent but raises questions as to whether or not it is
ethical. Marriage is designed to be between two
people, and children are to be born of that union
( Genesis 1:28, 2:24). To bring in a third party means
that the child will have a third parent. Then there
may arise difficult questions, such as will the baby
know its surrogate mother? Will there be visitation?
How will the child be expected to feel about the
surrogate mother, and will there be jealousy? All
these issues should be prayerfully considered before
a Christian couple uses a surrogate. Couples who use
a family member as surrogate can often head off
problems before they arise if the surrogate has a strong bond with the couple and has their welfare
and that of their child at heart.

The Bible says that children are a gift, not a right
( Psalm 127:3). Just as God blesses some people with
wealth and success, He blesses some with children
and others not. Using a surrogate out of arrogant
defiance of God would be a sin, but using a
surrogate after prayerful consideration and a time of
seeking God’s will and guidance may be a viable
alternative for the childless.

Is this a welcome option for childless couple? Your opinion
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by brunofarad(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
Here to learn
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by Freegift75: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
With all sincerity, this could be a solidarity option .

For a man who loves his wife extremely much should not think over neglecting her for another wife but can go for surrogate option.

Another advice I consider more favourable is to medically employ egg from another woman's ovary and infuse with your own spe.rm and the fertilised embryo will be inserted into your own wife's womb. This works perfectly.

Just look for a serious lady who is ready to donate egg with monetary reward.

A friend of mine did it. His first Son was an infusion of his spe.rm with another lady's egg inside his wife's womb after 18yrs of childless marriage.

Miraculously, after the first birth, the wife was fortunate to get pregnant on his own.
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by LewsTherin: 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freegift75:
Using a surrogate out of arrogant
defiance of God would be a sin, but using a
surrogate after prayerful consideration and a time of
seeking God’s will and guidance may be a viable
alternative for the childless.

That statement I like. Except in situations where there is a definite "Thou shalt not...", sin is basically a function of motives.

Still, it's a difficult one.
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
huh? Smh
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by Freegift75: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
LewsTherin:

sin is basically a function of motives.

Still, it's a difficult one.
Well said
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by glossy6(f): 9:09am On Jan 12, 2016
Can one get surrogate mothers in Nigeria now?
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by Freegift75: 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
glossy6:
Can one get surrogate mothers in Nigeria now?

Are you looking for any?
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by glossy6(f): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
Freegift75:

Are you looking for any?
Most likely
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by udumosam23(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
Freegift75:
www.gotquestions.org/surrogate-mother.html

Is this a welcome option for childless couple? Your opinion

In my opinion, I believe life is precious and sacred. Children you rightly say are a gift from God. I.e He choose who and who not to give. For Gods sake man should learn to accept the WILL of God.

If you are incapable of having children, go adopt, or help raise others that are homeless and helpless, there won't be such questions like how many children were you able to bare when we finally meet God.

Sincerely my take on this is that reproduction in humans should be far from manipulation. If I were to compromise, I'll rather opt for polygamy rather than advocate surrogate motherhood. Cos it places the "carrier woman" at a slave position. There should be limit in the problems we attempt to solve.

Fear God, have regard for human life its sacred.
My opinion anyway.

1 Like

Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by Freegift75: 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
udumosam23:

In my opinion, I believe life is precious and sacred. Children you rightly say are a gift from God. I.e He choose who and who not to give. For Gods sake man should learn to accept the WILL of God.

If you are incapable of having children, go adopt, or help raise others that are homeless and helpless, there won't be such questions like how many children were you able to bare when we finally meet God.

Sincerely my take on this is that reproduction in humans should be far from manipulation. If I were to compromise, I'll rather opt for polygamy rather than advocate surrogate motherhood. Cos it places the "carrier woman" at a slave position. There should be limit in the problems we attempt to solve.

Fear God, have regard for human life its sacred.
My opinion anyway.

Polygamy...lol This shocks me oooooo .............. Will your legally married wife give her consent for polygamy?

No woman will permit that especially when she is not able to procreate....... It means an indirect divorce because the moment the second wife produces a child, the love for the first wife will be devoted to the mother of child and the child.

So surrogate option seems to be a perfect one----my opinion
Re: SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View by tpiar: 4:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
adoption is an option while you are waiting on God for children.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Guru Maharaj's Look At Ooni Of Ife’s Wedding (photos) / List Of Satan's Department. / "Oh Look! I Was In A Church And Did Not Burst Into Flames"- Nigerian Transgender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.