Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition (750 Views)

Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos / Senator Yayi's House Marked For Demolition. Photos / Wike Begins Demolition Of Structures On Waterways(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by Scout60(m): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2016
I totally support the demolition exercise to create traffic free Lagos but before demolition is carried out, there are certain things to be carried out....

1. Government should provide better alternative...
Let us be truthful, where do the govt expect affected people to get shop replacement. Where did govt provide for them as replacement. Most shops are sold for 3m at oshodi, those people who bought those shop will they be compensated.

2. Government should give enough quit notice after better alternatives have been provided.
How can govt give you 21 days quit notice to pack out. Even landlords do give up to three months. Even without alternative govt gave only 21days.

Many people will keep quite but tomorrow ur landlord can do the same to you.
Re: My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by funmijoyb(f): 10:54am On Jan 09, 2016
They were given three yrs
Re: My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by Scout60(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2016
funmijoyb:
They were given three yrs
government served the traders on December 15 2015
Re: My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by Wyttcat: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2016
Yoruba are being muscled by ibos, how is it going to end? Yoruba are already bruised and battered but is this going to end with Yoruba on their feet or flat on our backs playing dead or almost really dead? Let's wait and see.
Re: My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by seunny4lif(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2016
I dey come
Re: My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by YoruBanger: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Yinmu. These people are perpetual wailers. Even if you give them till eternity to evacuate sef they will find something to complain about and still scream victimization. When T.A Orji relocated some traders from Umuahia due to his desire to beautify the state capital during his tenure, some of them still complained. Obiano was attacked by many of them for enforcing a ban on street trading. They must sha complain about something. I for one have stopped taking them seriously.

https://www.nairaland.com/1511842/abia-state-reactions-trail-markets

Excerpts:
... The traders, however, are reacting differently to the development. Some have welcomed the new market, in principle, but are frowning at the short notice given for relocation. They are also lamenting the cost of the shops, describing it as too high. Others have commended the foresight of the government.

No amount of notice will ever be enough for them.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/traders-ground-onitsha-in-protest-over-relocation-threat/
Re: My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by Scout60(m): 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
YoruBanger:
Yinmu. These people are perpetual wailers. Even if you give them till eternity to evacuate sef they will find something to complain about and still scream victimization. When T.A Orji relocated some traders from Umuahia due to his desire to beautify the state capital during his tenure, some of them still complained. Obiano was attacked by many of them for enforcing a ban on street trading. They must sha complain about something. I for one have stopped taking them seriously.

https://www.nairaland.com/1511842/abia-state-reactions-trail-markets

Excerpts:

No amount of notice will ever be enough for them.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/traders-ground-onitsha-in-protest-over-relocation-threat/

from my post. its a welcome development
but giving a trader 21 days to pack out is evil....
can 21 days be enough for u to pack out if ur landlord give u quit notice
Re: My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by princemillla(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
I read where lasg said, they served them since 10years ago, and another noticed on 25 of December.

No matter how long they give them, it won't be enuf.

And also lasg gave them a neat, nice and newly built shops for 5k. I think that's good enuf.
Re: My Take On Lagos State Shops Demolition by arresa: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
Scout60:
I totally support the demolition exercise to create traffic free Lagos but before demolition is carried out, there are certain things to be carried out....

1. Government should provide better alternative...
Let us be truthful, where do the govt expect affected people to get shop replacement. Where did govt provide for them as replacement. Most shops are sold for 3m at oshodi, those people who bought those shop will they be compensated.

2. Government should give enough quit notice after better alternatives have been provided.
How can govt give you 21 days quit notice to pack out. Even landlords do give up to three months. Even without alternative govt gave only 21days.

Many people will keep quite but tomorrow ur landlord can do the same to you.

Nigerians are lawless and they care less about quit notice.

They still won't move even after 50 years notice...

(1) (Reply)

PDP Rally In Akwa Ibom For Gov. Udom Emmanuel (pix) / 55 Nigerians Stole N1.34 Trillion – Lai Mohammed / Nigeria’s Ultra Modern Defence HQ, Pride Of West Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.