Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. (1216 Views)

Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP / Why We Re-arrested Fani-kayode – EFCC / Dasuki Released, Re-arrested Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by omenka(m): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
MEXICO

Mexico recaptures fugitive drug kingpin El Chapo Sinaloa cartel boss, who had escaped from maximum-security prison six months ago,
caught after shootout in home state.

Mexican police have recaptured Joaquin
Guzman six months after the fugitive drug
kingpin's escape from prison.

Guzman, the head of the powerful Sinaloa cartel, was Mexico's most-wanted fugitive. He
had escaped from a maximum security prison
six months ago.

"Mission accomplished, we have him," Enrique
Pena Nieto, Mexico's president, announced via
Twitter on Friday.

Guzman, also known as El Chapo, was caught
after a shootout with security forces in Los
Mochis, in his home state of Sinaloa, according
to a federal official.

The official said Guzman was taken alive and
was not wounded.

Five people were killed and one Mexican marine
injured in the clash at a house.

The Mexican navy said marines seized two
armoured vehicles, eight rifles, a handgun, and a grenade launcher in the raid that recaptured the fugitive.

"A few weeks ago there was a close call in his
home state of Sinaloa, this morning not so
lucky," Al Jazeera's Natasha Ghoneim, reporting
from Ahuisculco in Mexico, said.

"The Mexican government is saying that this
morning military responded to a building in
Sinaloa after someone compliant that armed
men were holding up inside a building."

Hours later, Guzman - wearing a dark shirt and
sweatpants - was marched by marines into a
military helicopter at Mexico City's international
airport.

In a statement, the US Drug Enforcement Agency said: "The capture of Joaquin 'Chapo' Guzman- Loera is a victory for the rule of law and the Mexican people and government.

"It is further evidence of our two countries'
resolve to ensure justice is served for families
who have been plagued by Guzman-Loera's
ruthless acts of violence."

His prison escape in July was the second for
Guzman in 15 years - and a major
embarrassment for Pena Nieto.

Escape stories

Guzman was first captured in 1993 in
Guatemala, but he escaped from a prison in
western Mexico in 2001 by hiding in a laundry
cart.

In July 2015, he fled a maximum-security prison
near Mexico City just 17 months after authorities captured him following a 13-year manhunt.

He escaped through a 1.5km tunnel with a
redesigned motorcycle on special tracks,
emerging in a house outside the prison.

Nieto had refused to hand Guzman over to the
US, but Mexican authorities are now likely to
extradite him there.

www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/01/mexico-recaptures-notorious-druglord-el-chapo-160108183908621.html

Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala.

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
The person who snitch better chew and swallow his sim card.

BTW, I'm rooting for El Chapo Scofield to break free again. I guess I've watched too many movies. smiley

He reminds me of the serial escapist Steven Jay Russell sentenced to solitary confinement for 144 years, only having one free hour daily to shower and exercise to prevent him from escaping, because of the embarrassment his multiple but ingenius escapes caused the U.S govt. He's due to be released in 2140.

You can read up on his story here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Jay_Russell

Or watch the movie about him that has been banned in most countries of the world titled "I Love You Philip Morris".

2 Likes

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Ellidude(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
Saw the news this morning. This guy played hide and seek a lot when he was a kid.

3 Likes

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
He'll escape again

2 Likes

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by LegatusGlaber(m): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
Laudable effort but not yet uhuru. The ninja has proven to be the proverbial cat with nine lives.
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Amberon: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
How does this guy even break out of jail??

He's committed so much atrocities, he shouldve long been given lethal injection. If a Nigerian did all these in South America or Asia, he'd long be dead, then how much more the number one drug cartel in the world.

1 Like

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by omenka(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
yemaldo:
He'll escape again
I won't be surprised. Corrupt officials can always guarantee that.
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by johnmartus(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
HE WILL STILL ESCAPE UNLESS THEY HANG HIM.
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by TheNonce: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
wink

No be el chapo again? The guy go still cut out soon! He is like the wind.....

1 Like

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by omenka(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2016
Bia, Lalasticlala, goodmorning.

Did you miss this thread?? This is news making headlines on international media yet you don't imagine it deserves NLFp??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by RockMaxi: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2016

Funny enough some mafians are already planning his escape again. grin

1 Like

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Frankiss44(m): 7:12am On Jan 10, 2016
Dude won't even stay in the cell for up to a month... Unless of course he us extradited to the United States of which is going to be an unpopular decision.
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Chubhie: 7:22am On Jan 10, 2016
And he had guts to challenge ISIL to a wrestling contest.
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by patrickmuf(m): 7:27am On Jan 10, 2016
Hand him over to the US and watch him say goodbye to life almost immediately...
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by omenka(m): 7:47am On Jan 10, 2016
Chubhie:
And he had guts to challenge ISIL to a wrestling contest.
Exactly. And some folks around here said he could dismantle ISIL if it gets down to war. cheesy

Dude looks like a common thief here. I doubt he'd be able to make it out this time, but at the same time, wouldn't completely dismiss what corrupt officials are capable of.
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by omenka(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2016
patrickmuf:
Hand him over to the US and watch him say goodbye to life almost immediately...
Exactly. If Al Capone couldn't make it out, I don't see how El Chapo can. wink
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Chubhie: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2016
omenka:
Exactly. And some folks around here said he could dismantle ISIL if it gets down to war. cheesy

Dude looks like a common thief here. I doubt he'd be able to make it out this time, but at the same time, wouldn't completely dismiss what corrupt officials are capable of.

I felt a lil bit disappointed cos I wasted time and effort to research about him and his operations after he read the riot act to ISIL.

He's already a national embarrassment to the Mexican govt so I see noway out for him anymore.
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by CecyAdrian(f): 8:08am On Jan 10, 2016
omenka:

The most dangerous men all around the world always have a common "thief" look. They look slow and harmless but are a "danger" itself

1 Like

Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by SirVictory: 8:46am On Jan 10, 2016
That niggur may still escape
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 10, 2016
Mexico is as corrupt if not more corrupt than Nigeria so him escaping again soon won't make headlines.undecided
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Horlawoomey(m): 9:00am On Jan 10, 2016
Make dem kill this thing na, abi which kind Tom and Jerry be this.
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by Bugatie(m): 9:04am On Jan 10, 2016
This movie is selling big time
Re: Mexican Drug Kingpin El Chapo Re-arrested. by aieromon(m): 9:07am On Jan 10, 2016
Hand over this guy to the US authorities. His Michael Scofield days will come to an abrupt end.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: APC Gov Aspirant Abducted In Abuja / An Open Letter To Critics Of Government / Falana Set To Sue Buhari Over China Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.