Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 (4909 Views)

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development / How Foreign Religions Ruined Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
[b]In regard to a thread by plaetton Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide

I am inclined to also share my thoughts on the sad truths of this bitter reality, this lost of identity and a pitiable show of extreme cultural conquest by a totally Alien culture and belief system that has bitten deep into the very foundations of the African society itself.

It is remarkable that we live in an African society where our own history is unknown, where our own history is neglected and ignored by the very people who these historical heritage define.

But we spend our time regurgitating and chewing the cud of other unrelated, irrelevant and most times un-factual historical construct due to religious allegiance we share to these Alien cultures.

Look around you, it is a glaring truth; A young man from the North surely enough cannot neither does he find it worthy of knowing, the actual original Cultural values, beliefs or history of his people be it Hausa, Fulani, Gwari or Kanuri but in the same breathe can recount the birth and life of Muhammed who is an Arab man born in Medieval Arab in the on set of the 2nd quarter of the A.D.

A young boy down here in the South rarely knows his genealogy down to his great Grand Father but he can recount the Genealogy of Jesus down to Abraham and from Abraham to Adam at the same time will be present to defend the inconsistencies or contradictions found in such alleged historical account all in the while neglecting his own very root.

it is both shameful and pitiable that we have been thrown into a deplorable state of cultural blankness that we cling on Alien cultures for basis and societal direction.

I once asked a young boy here "Who is the Father of the Igbo Race and where is the ancestral home of All Igbo people?"

"Abraham is the Father of All nations, Israel is the ancestral home of all people including the igbo race" was the answer i was met with.

I was dumbfounded, i couldn't just believe my eyes or my ears. The fact that i am here watching a vibrant budding Igbo young boy tell me Abraham was regarded as the father of all nations therefore is the founding father of the Igbo race.

I was alarmed at to what state the ever colourful history of Africa is depleting into, all because people have been convinced by the stretching arms of colonial umbrella masked in the ever amiable look of a smiley religion that their own root is bad.

Ask any young African here the original religion of his People, you will get a outright answer like "Idol worship, worship of stones, bloody sacrifices or demonic worship"

This answers not only are they absurd but are wronger than any wrong can get.. None of these people have the slightest incline what these religions entails but have been convinced by the Alien religions they subscribe that these religions are what they say they are.

I have once told a pastor i had an argument with: "You know nothing of the Igbo traditional norms or religion and i can certainly tell you now and here that it is more mature than the one you peddle."

-Isn't it outrightly idiotic and hypocritical for one to condemn and demonize the sacrifice of goats and fowls practised in some of these local beliefs but he reveres and regards the same done in the bible to be good.

I have never seen so much hypocrisy exhibited so shameless.. it is like saying 'Alcohol is bad but Guldar is good' tell me how in the world it is any better?

The ancient African societies were ones of outstanding cultural Value and moral sanity, a society were the ethical expectations were so high that people dreaded going against the stipulated societal moral dictates.

Today it has been reduced to mere shadow chastised as savagery and diabolical fetish love as painted into the African mind by the distorted history fed to us on colonial gun point.

The African societies had their own beliefs and myths regarding so many theological stand points in life. Every African society had their own Creation myths and other myths as regard how many things are the way they are which is a normal idea of other civilizations within that timeline like the Sumerians, Egyptians, mayans, babylonians, hebrews.

But a typical African man would deny these myths at the same time will regard the one told by Arabs or Jews to be true over that same premise.

It is outrightly nonsensical to chastise our own ideas at the same time adopt similar ideas from others.

Many here who might mistake religious encroachment of western beliefs to civilization, this isn't so and can never be so.

Western Beliefs is not a determinant of civilization any more than ancient Egyptian beliefs was the determinant of the civilization tendencies of other people in their Era.

Fela once said in one of his Songs "Teacher Don't teach me Nonsense" He said Go to China, Russia, Korea, Vietnam, Na them Culture be teacher for them’

This remains a heavy slap in the face we Africans who abandoned our own heritage to have a one sided romance with the culture of another people.

China remains one of the most developed countries in the world, one of the world powers and an economic giant but all the while maintains the cultural value of the old Chinese society.

An African adage says "The Man who is rejected by others do not reject himself"

The African culture was murdered in the face of an alien religious inspired culture injected with a mask of friendliness made worse by the very people affected by this (Afrians) rejecting their culture too and as such rejecting themselves.

We have been thrown into a one sided romance that deserves pity.

An Igbo man pricing Abraham as his Father should ask whether the Jews know who is ERI(Father of Igbo race) neither do they ever care to know.

Does the Arabs care about Bayajida?

Nor is there anything in Roma or Mecca concerning Oduduwa

Now is the time for us to do some soul searching, it is time for us to steer back and embrace our roots, embrace ourselves.

Our culture is our identity, Our signature in the face of this earth in comparison to others around us and if we loose our identity, we loose ourselves.

We have been swimming in a deep ocean of negligence and have been lost deeply in the chasm created by other cultures.

We may write from today till tomorrow, we can never do justice to this exact situation and sad reality we have been buried into.

Time to steer back and revive our murdered culture and general ways of life and incorporate it to our new ways instead of buttering our lives with the cultural ideas of others.

Let ours be our guide.
[/b]

24 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by madridguy(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
Wonderful write up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by hahn(m): 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
Epistilic as usual. Make I go read am first grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by bqlekan(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
wonderful write-up bro.. I have some questions tho...

johnydon22:

By all means .. Ask boss

like I said earlier, the write up was wonderful. the value of our culture is lost to this foreign religion (extremist) for example, some part in Islam forbids us from kneeling or postrating to ones parent or elders.

like you said, we should embrace our culture, but I believe culture isn't about embracing, I believe its about choosing what to embrace. some embrace ogun, some sango, some oya, some all.

If I'm dumb enough to embrace ogun (god of iron), yes I mean (Fe) or sango, (god of fire, thunder and lightning), why can't I embrace God of everything?

at least, that sounds more logical, considering the fact that I've never seen both sango and God, also, 'God of everything' appears to be greater than god of iron (logically)

Talking about Genealogy, the Jews have a proper documentation of the genealogy of Jesus (pbuh), (the bible) so are the Arabs.. where is my family's documentation?
how am I supposed to know this?

brother, it was once part of our culture to to slay twins, seclude lepers, stone ACCUSED witches to death etc. I'm not willing to go back to that. we need these religions, we just don't need extremism.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
bqlekan:
wonderful write-up bro.. I have some questions tho...
By all means .. Ask boss

1 Like

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by Ramon92: 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
Excellent piece. The modern African man has lost himself and disconnected himself from his source, thanks to these alien ways so called Abrahamic faiths. They don't just defy reason, they demonize anything that exposes the scam they are. Their followers follow suit cos they don't understand what they criticize and it's saddening.

This is the root cause of our problems. Instead of him to accept responsibility and face his problems, he'd rather blame a phantom being and expect another dubious one to solve it for him. Even those that shoved this poison down our throats have long rid themselves of it.

We need to go back to our roots and embrace who we really are, else the black man ain't seen nothing yet....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by BobUg28(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
Excellent write up!

The Africans has long bid goodbye to their own culture, It's very saddening that the hope of reviving it seems far from grab.

How do you convince Oyedepo, Adaboye and other influential African men of God to forgo their God??

To me, I don't think Africans can still go back and embrace their culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by urheme: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
What is the different between cultural believes and religion

Igbo culture says women should not own landed properties, a lot of custom subject widow to untold barbaric practices.....but leaves the widower to be free.....

islam on women is a tales of woes......christianity is a bit libral on women but still has its discriminations....

The cultural beliefs are equally lies, the yoruba belief as to how their gods created earth and humam beings were taught in schools then,is all trash.

We should be identified first as human beings.....the kind of tolerance and acceptance man need in harmonizing mankind are lacking in religion and cultural practices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by urheme: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
@Johnnydon22, that they gave you their religion does not mean you should throw away your identity.

Our cultural beliefs made it easy for these guys to impose the jewish cultural on us....they saw that we needed something to believe in..the jewish god was given in exchanged for our gods which were in form of art works.....

Pastors who knows this trick are making fortunes out of it grin

We are don with customs, culture and cultural practices as they have been relegated to the bachyard of affairs. now is time to the same with religions so that mankind can move forward.
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
urheme:
What is the different between cultural believes and religion
I think you mistake Culture and Belief then religion.

Culture: is the people's way of life which comprises generally of everything they are known for. Clothing, music, festivals, food etc ... so there is nothing like cultural beliefs distinct from conventional beliefs.

The african traditional beliefs are also another form of religion and is not distinct from religion

Igbo culture says women should not own landed properties,
This is applicable in her father's compound (inheritance) because by the virtue of marriage she is now a member of another family.

No law says she cannot buy

a lot of custom subject widow to untold barbaric practices.....but leaves the widower to be free.....
This my good sir is a trade mark of what nollywood have done to people, they feed the masses an epileptic distorted view of the igbo ancient society... this is a lie.

islam on women is a tales of woes......christianity is a bit libral on women but still has its discriminations....
True ... I believe you need to pay more mind to African norms independent of what nollywood sells.

The cultural beliefs are equally lies, the yoruba belief as to how their gods created earth and humam beings were taught in schools then,is all trash.
Again you mistake culture to mean religious beliefs.

If you read the write up i also called the traditional African myths to be Myths because that is what they are.. Myths.

I only bemoaned the fact that some people chastise their own myths while revering and buying the myths of other people

We should be identified first as human beings.....the kind of tolerance and acceptance man need in harmonizing mankind are lacking in religion and cultural practices.
Excellent

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
urheme:
@Johnnydon22, that they gave you their religion does not mean you should throw away your identity.
Exactly my point..

why in the world should you even throw away your own religion to adopt that of another who doesn't even care about yours.

I asked my dad this question once "How did you know the traditional beliefs is wrong and the Jewish beliefs are right?" he still can't answer that

Our cultural beliefs made it easy for these guys to impose the jewish cultural on us....they saw that we needed something to believe in..the jewish god was given in exchanged for our gods which were in form of art works.....
[b] No sir i disagree..

It wasn't the weakness of these beliefs that made it easy, in fact it fought back for generations.

It was achieved by a supposed intellectual and technological superiority.. They did things considered magical in the view of these local folks ..

For instance they had sticks that could spew fire (Guns) they had strange clothes and talking boxes (radio) it was intellectual humiliation..

And in things fall apart Chinua Achebe painted a clear picture "The gun nurtured the cross".. An action against the new faith is regarded as an action against the new found foreign government superior in every military sense. . People were arrested, charged to court and condemned to death or prison by the colonial court in protection of their newly brought faith to the detriment of the African faith.

face it, they were helpless against such might, it was a cultural rape and genocide..

they didn't see they needed something to believe because they already had something they believed rather they imposed their own ideas made possible by te pose of technological superiority.

This is not the point though... I am talking about Cultural Values (People's way of life)
[/b]

Pastors who knows this trick are making fortunes out of it grin
Sadly enough

We are don with customs, culture and cultural practices as they have been relegated to the bachyard of affairs. now is time to the same with religions so that mankind can move forward.
I am having a feeling you don't even know what culture is sir grin

Culture is not the same as beliefs brother.. Well I think our cultures being relics of a distant past should also be modified upon to also reflect a touch of our own views while also maintaining it's original theme.

At the same time develop more on our historical background other than that of other people.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by urheme: 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
Johnnydon22: culture is a way of life.

Malik: islam is a way of life

Malvisguy: christianity is a way of life.

They are all now a way of life, religion has beccome a culture.....thats what is going on.

You can tell me again that i don't know what culture is.

Are you surprise that, that boy told you Abraham is the father of all nation
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by uncjay(m): 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
BobUg28:
Excellent write up!

The Africans has long bid goodbye to their own culture, It's very saddening that the hope of reviving it seems far from grab.

How do you convince Oyedepo, Adaboye and other influential African men of God to forgo their God??

To me, I don't think Africans can still go back and embrace their culture.

Right on the contrary bro, to me I think africans can still go back to their cultures, it just that we spend more hours canversing over what is and what is not the root cause of the african cultural dilemma, parabulating and shifting blames without practical steps to salvage the deplorable situation.
Religion, no doubt has contributed immensely to the awkward state of our culture, yet it does not stand the only factor responsible for the decline of cultural consciousness of our people. We all know there are other factors but somehow convince ourselves that religion is the sole factor for this.
I see many and many more after questioning religion, I have no issue with that, but my take is are we asking all the necessary questions as many on here are solely concerned and after religion while other areas are neglected, yet culture and africa is the bone of contention.
What is the role of education? What is the state of education in the country? What are the government policies on culture and tradition in the country? Look at the country's budget, what percentage is education getting?
with the little years I've spend on earth, I'm yet to see a perfect thing, concept, cultures and traditions etc, cultural revival can only occur when we start taking practical steps to create cultural awareness in the mind of the people around, then the next generation and the one after. morally, there are certain cultural practices that we have to let go, forget about secular or religious concepts here, civilisation has change a lot in such aspect. So whether you a religious or an atheist does not change the fact we all operate under the current civilisation though in different ways.
If there's a problem, we identify it, examine the causes, and profer necessary solution. If I may ask, what are the solutions been geared up by you and the op over cultural issues? Yet you think africans can not go back to it root? Peddling your pain towards religion will not solve cultural issue in this country, neither can it make religion to extinct.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
urheme:
Johnnydon22: culture is a way of life Of a people.

Lmao.. this is not an argument.. I believe the definition of CULTURE and RELIGION is everywhere ranging from the internet to our primary social studies..

So its not about what people define they religions to be, so lets not banter over word meaning when we have dictionaries bro.

They are all now a way of life, religion has beccome a culture.....thats what is going on.
I believe googling or looking up religion, culture, chistianity and islam in the dictionary should clear you up more than what Johnydon, malik or malvisguy said

hahaha

Am not only surprised, am sad, ashamed and slightly angry at how deep we have let our self abandonment run..

Our Children don't even know simple history concerning us.. In fact even our fathers don't know these things like they should.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
uncjay:

Right on the contrary bro, to me I think africans can still go back to their cultures, it just that we spend more hours canversing over what is and what is not the root cause of the african cultural dilemma, parabulating and shifting blames without practical steps to salvage the deplorable situation.
Religion, no doubt has contributed immensely to the awkward state of our culture, yet it does not stand the only factor responsible for the decline of cultural consciousness of our people. We all know there are other factors but somehow convince ourselves that religion is the sole factor for this.
I see many and many more after questioning religion, I have no issue with that, but my take is are we asking all the necessary questions as many on here are solely concerned and after religion while other areas are neglected, yet culture and africa is the bone of contention.
What is the role of education? What is the state of education in the country? What are the government policies on culture and tradition in the country? Look at the country's budget, what percentage is education getting?
with the little years I've spend on earth, I'm yet to see a perfect thing, concept, cultures and traditions etc, cultural revival can only occur when we start taking practical steps to create cultural awareness in the mind of the people around, then the next generation and the one after. morally, there are certain cultural practices that we have to let go, forget about secular or religious concepts here, civilisation has change a lot in such aspect. So whether you a religious or an atheist does not change the fact we all operate under the current civilisation though in different ways.
If there's a problem, we identify it, examine the causes, and profer necessary solution. If I may ask, what are the solutions been geared up by you and the op over cultural issues? Yet you think africans can not go back to it root? Peddling your pain towards religion will not solve cultural issue in this country, neither can it make religion to extinct.

Excellent bro!!!

I believe our government can do a lot to salvage the situation. The African history should be added and made a compulsory course in our curriculum in place of religious studies getting the upper hand.

Americans teach HISTORY and even their CIVIL WAR as a compulsory subject..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by uncjay(m): 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Excellent bro!!!

I believe our government can do a lot to salvage the situation. The African history should be added and made a compulsory course in our curriculum in place of religious studies getting the upper hand.

Sir, with all sincerity, the last time I checked, religious studies was not a compulsory subject in our schools, but certain religious practices like morning prayer either christian or islamic, singing etc, we don't have to be subjective about that.

My pain is that history is not made compulsory, but rather a substitute for government and other related subjects, just because there are bits of history in those subjects, its just not a enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
uncjay:

Sir, with all sincerity, the last time I checked, religious studies was not a compulsory subject in our schools, but certain religious practices like morning prayer either christian or islamic, singing etc, we don't have to be subjective about that.
I believe i never asserted religious studies to be compulsory (Except in primary and junior secondary school, you can never deny this)..I only stated History (African history) to be exact should be made compulsory in our schools and given more relevance than religious studies.

surely enough you cannot deny the fact that religious knowledge ( foreign to Africa as a matter of fact) is given more importance than HISTORY in our schools. ..

My pain is that history is not made compulsory, but rather a substitute for government and other related subjects, just because there are bits of history in those subjects, its just not a enough.
Agreed my brother.. We need sound study of history in our schools starting from primary schools to orientate these young ones into their origins and general way of life.

It is a big shame to us that a Jewish boy in Israel identifies Abraham as a progenitor of his race.

And an Igbo boy from Africa does same because he just haven't heard the name ERI before or have the slightest idea of basic Igbo history.

It is a shame to the African society

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 7:28am On Jan 10, 2016
Cc. lalasticlala
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by plaetton: 7:53am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Excellent bro!!!

Our government, at least in the current era cannot be relied upon for cultural renaissance.

Over the past decades, our governments have been made and led by people who are themselves deeply beholden to middle East religious myths.
They have been either devout Christians or devout Muslims, who then cozy up with RAPACIOUS religious elites of both religions.

It would be a joke to expect cultural revival from our political leadership.

This is why we keep emphasizing that religion is the real problem, because it penetrates and poisons true leadership, even our educational system.

Imagine how many university professors are part time pastors in Nigeria. undecided

Nigeria's three biggest RAPACIOUS religious elites, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Bakare are former university lecturers..
Go figure. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by malvisguy212: 8:28am On Jan 10, 2016
urheme:
Johnnydon22: culture is a way of life.

based on the teaching of Jesus christ and the apostles; Christianity is not a religion,never for once did Jesus teach about religion, the apostles never call themselves christians, (its was the pagan at antioch who first call the apostles christians) the apostles call themselves "brethren", "disciples", "apostles", "servants", "believers", "followers", "the faithful", "the elect", "the called", and "saints."
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 8:33am On Jan 10, 2016
plaetton:

Our government, at least in the current era cannot be relied upon for cultural renaissance.

Over the past decades, our governments have been made and led by people who are themselves deeply beholden to middle East religious myths.
They have been either devout Christians or devout Muslims, who then cozy up with RAPACIOUS religious elites of both religions.

This is why we keep emphasizing that religion is the real problem, because it penetrates and poisons true leadership, even our educational system.

Imagine how many university professors are part time pastors in Nigeria. undecided

Nigeria's three biggest RAPACIOUS religious elites, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Bakare are former university lecturers..
Go figure. undecided
Touche!!!..

Goes a long way to reveal the depth of the cultural decay we have as a people, even in the Nigerian constitution middle eastern beliefs gets more importance than ours, Islam more so.

This has been a chain spell cast by Abrahamism on African soil, steer your minds clear of your root to embrace alien ones irrelevant to you..

I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by CHARLOE(m): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2016
I weep for d black race, we''ve lost our identity. my only source of joy is seeing threads like this, d awakenin has started!

1 Like

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by urheme: 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
plaetton:

Go figure. undecided

Those barbaric customs annd traditions you call culture are in themselves bad...they are no where better than religion....i hate them all for inequallity and discrimination against women....it knows no fairness and good conscience......they classify women as lower beings.......some even allow wife beating and marital rape.....they treat women as worthless properties with no price tag......women don't need them revived.

A cultural world is a mans world only and women are slaves.....you see why more women patronise churches than men....is an attempt to break free from cultural chains...i don't blame them.

Let the culture die natural death....i'm one of those that killed it.
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by Blackfire(m): 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
urheme:

Those barbaric customs annd traditions you call culture are in themselves bad...they are no where better than religion....i hate them all for inequallity and discrimination against women....it knows no fairness and good conscience......they classify women as lower beings.......some even allow wife beating and marital rape.....they treat women as worthless properties with no price tag......women don't need them revived.

A cultural world is a mans world only and women are slaves.....you see why more women patronise churches than men....is an attempt to break free from cultural chains...i don't blame them.

there are cultures that protect women , i hope u know this ?
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by dalaman: 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Where are the defenders of foreign mythologies and tales? They will always avoid these kind of topics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by GooseBaba: 12:05am On Jan 11, 2016
urheme:

Bros, how far are you willing to kill it...? I hope you will not hate yourself so much as to advocate the abolishing of traditional language and adopt English in the name of civilization...

Also, the issues you have with african traditional or culture. Are the issues peculiar to africans.? If not. Are you advocating that the west abolish theirs too. Using your thought process i can lay claims that Liberia is more civilized than American. Due to the fact that a woman has held power as president.

When you are eager to point out some exaggerated shortcomings of african societies as the benchmark for abolishment. It begs the question do you know your history? If you advocate for humanity. I must ask, humanity backed by what?

Go to non african churches in Europe and America and you will see more women patronise them. Is it the African traditions and cultures that they're running from..? In this day and age only inferior men would advocate laws that belittles women.

You cannot advocate a "natural death " for something. While using wrong data. Clearly, by your writeups I can tell that you got your pre colonial information on Africa from classical european authors.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by urheme: 7:38am On Jan 11, 2016
Blackfire:

there are cultures that protect women , i hope u know this ?

Pls name one in nigeria, and tell GooseBaba i'm using Nigeria only, as a case study.

A bill scaled through in the house that the age for female children to have sex and be married off is 12........in this present dispensation, there where female senators in the house and they did not revolt....why....that stupid and barbaric customs allows it...and religion too....madness.

What about the male children of 12 yrs .

Those stupid cultures targeted only the female....sexaual slavery is an idea propagated by cultural men....they will not see it as a bad thing until you beat every atom of customs out of these guys.

The man who has also found religion to back this barbaric act is just a barbarian.

So i insist, customs, religions undecided i have the same repulsive feelings for them.....no tolerance here, so i hate them all.

Our religion says this.....
Our custom says thiss......

They both have histories that are unbelievable.
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by urheme: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2016
GooseBaba:

Bros, how far are you willing to kill it...? I hope you will not hate yourself so much as to advocate the abolishing of traditional language and adopt English in the name of civilization...

Also, the issues you have with african traditional or culture. Are the issues peculiar to africans.? If not. Are you advocating that the west abolish theirs too. Using your thought process i can lay claims that Liberia is more civilized than American. Due to the fact that a woman has held power as president.

When you are eager to point out some exaggerated shortcomings of african societies as the benchmark for abolishment. It begs the question do you know your history? If you advocate for humanity. I must ask, humanity backed by what?

Go to non african churches in Europe and America and you will see more women patronise them. Is it the African traditions and cultures that they're running from..? In this day and age only inferior men would advocate laws that belittles women.

You cannot advocate a "natural death " for something. While using wrong data. Clearly, by your writeups I can tell that you got your pre colonial information on Africa from classical european authors.

Thank you very much
My grandpa's elightenment was made possible by classical european authors he told me

They wrote what they saw....and i saw some too with my two naked eyes.

I'm using nigeria only as a case study.
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by kevoh(m): 8:05am On Jan 11, 2016
Books a seat, Johnydon22 starting an interesting thread in Religion section once again in 2016. I was beginning to get bored of the countless bow to Mary, Worship Mary e.t.c threads that were being created. Nothing interesting.

For no reason whatsoever should this thread make frontpage till like 3 to 4 pages. Do not want silly and childish comments like F.T.C, end time, back to back e.t.c killing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by Blackfire(m): 8:05am On Jan 11, 2016
urheme:

Pls name one in nigeria, and tell GooseBaba i'm using Nigeria only, as a case study.

A bill scaled through in the house that the age for female children to have sex and be married off is 12........in this present dispensation, there where female senators in the house and they did not revolt....why....that stupid and barbaric customs allows it...and religion too....madness.

What about the male children of 12 yrs .

Those stupid cultures targeted only the female....sexaual slavery is an idea propagated by cultural men....they will not see it as a bad thing until you beat every atom of customs out of these guys.

The man who has also found religion to back this barbaric act is just a barbarian.

So i insist, customs, religions undecided i have the same repulsive feelings for them.....no tolerance here, so i hate them all.

Our religion says this.....
Our custom says thiss......

They both have histories that are unbelievable.

ok urheme , chill a little , i don't know why your smoking guns are blazing like this.. But i know u are speaking from experience of pain.

A little i know about culture is that is a fixed ideas by a person (s) to survive or manipulate a circumstances ,which there subsequent followers or children took as an unchangeable law.

There are some customs of different people that protect women... In yorubaland(i can speak for ibadan) when a man dies, his wealth or belongings are shared among his daughters just as the sons, even sometimes more . In igboland (okija) u can't,i repeat collect that which belongs to the widow, if u try it... She will just walk straight to the ARUSI, na him be sey ur own don finish.
When a man dies, the widow is asked if she will like to remain single, or marry outside or from the immediate family... The choice is hers.
I can cite so many, but let me stop here.

Do u even know that as u are speaking now against some perceived evils of culture... U are also creating a culture for ur children and followers?

2 Likes

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by GooseBaba: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2016
urheme:

Thank you very much
My grandpa's elightenment was made possible by classical european authors he told me

They wrote what they saw....and i saw some too with my two naked eyes.

I'm using nigeria only as a case study.

Fine..

Could you kindly explain the way forward without amending our cultural or traditional norms. Since you want it to die a natural death.?
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by plaetton: 8:44am On Jan 11, 2016
There is a difference between culture and religion.
African cultures honor and protect womanhood.
It is the priesthoods, just like in all cultures, that twist and corrupt cultures to feed and nourish fetishness.

It is usually the corrupt priesthoods that introduce this and that taboos that mostly oppress and relegate womanhood to second class status.

Even in the bible, it was the priests of Yahweh that introduced laws that victimized women.

So, as it was in the past, so it is in the present, that the RAPACIOUS religious elites, usually pimps in clowns customes, are the ones who introduce fear as a currency for control and subjugation.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God's Power:::michael Sambo Dead Or Alive? / A Touching And Amazing Testimony Of An Ex Muslim (MUST READ) / Aliens Were Involved In Our Creation. I Have Detailed Proof & Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.