Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 (4904 Views)

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development / How Foreign Religions Ruined Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 10:04am On Jan 11, 2016
bqlekan:

like I said earlier, the write up was wonderful. the value of our culture is lost to this foreign religion (extremist) for example, some part in Islam forbids us from kneeling or postrating to ones parent or elders.
Good this is what culture is about .. people's way of life.. what is wrong in someone prostrating before his parents but no Islam forbids it so you can go and prostrate before nothing every day..

like you said, we should embrace our culture, but I believe culture isn't about embracing, I believe its about choosing what to embrace. some embrace ogun, some sango, some oya, some all.
Culture is different from religion sir though religious signature often influences a culture..

Like you pointed out - Prostrating to greet elders or parents in yoruba culture.
-festivals
-masquerades
-most of all knowing the actual antiquity of your people (which i am certain you do not know much of it from the question below)

If I'm dumb enough to embrace ogun (god of iron), yes I mean (Fe) or sango, (god of fire, thunder and lightning), why can't I embrace God of everything?

at least, that sounds more logical, considering the fact that I've never seen both sango and God, also, 'God of everything' appears to be greater than god of iron (logically)
[b]No offence meant here brother but this is exactly the type of African mindset i confessed to be ashamed of.

Anyone who looks at this will already see you know nothing of the Yoruba traditional beliefs even though my wild guess is that you are a yoruba.. I am Igbo but i think i know more of yoruba beliefs than you..

First you think that Yoruba traditional beliefs is about ogun, sango etc and there have no concept of supreme God in yoruba mythology.. you think what yorubas have are just these small deities but the judeo/christian yahweh i take it you are referring as the God of everything.. You are wrong and as an African child should be ashamed of it.

The yoruba traditional beliefs have a concept of a Supreme God and from this supreme God manifests everything there is.

This supreme God in yoruba mythology has three manifestation.. you may call it a trinity..

-Eledumare - creator of everything
-Olorun - ruler of the heavens
-olofi - bridge connecting heaven and earth..

Ogun, sango, esu, obatala and co are minor gods who serve as intermediaries between man and the supreme God..

So you see? you have a distorted view of the yoruba myths fed to you by a twisted colonial micro-phone..

You do not necessarily need to believe these things, i do not believe in God so i do not believe these things but my point here is that as African you need know about your own heritage.

It is a shame to swim in middle eastern myths and beliefs when we know nothing of ours.
[/b]

Talking about Genealogy, the Jews have a proper documentation of the genealogy of Jesus (pbuh), (the bible) so are the Arabs.. where is my family's documentation?
how am I supposed to know this?
You ask!!! Africans have a long aged tradition of documenting by Oral means.. There was no written documentation of my family tree.

I started asking and pressurized my Father to help me, now we have developed a formally written family tree that will be added upon by the coming generations...

You cannot hope to learn if you do not ask..

brother, it was once part of our culture to to slay twins,
Again i am faced with another distorted nollywood influenced view.. Throwing away twins had nothing to do with the African culture in fact it was not done in many parts of the African society.

this was due to ignorance of the people, they did not understand how 1 baby could come out as 2.. of course it had to be evil..

This is just an effect of ignorance on a fearful mind..

seclude lepers,
Quarantining Lepers or any other contagious diseases is one practised by every culture in this world to prevent spread.. this was also done by the jews and arabs.. read the bible

stone ACCUSED witches to death etc.
This one is a lie, please do not lay the atrocities of the jews on Africans..

You can also go to the bible to confirm this... they kill witches

Secondly this is a trade mark of modern day christians here in the south of the Niger, Children and old women are lynched because they are accused of being witches..

I'm not willing to go back to that. we need these religions, we just don't need extremism.
[b] And as expected you misunderstood the point of my post.. Culture is different from religion sir and i am not preaching any religion here neither do i even support any.

My point is that we should develop more upon the values left to us by our fore-bears, just take you as an example.. You don't even know the actual religion of your own people.

Please culture is not same as religion.

Culture is made by the people for the people and can be modified or developed by the people and for the people..

so the ideas left to us by our fore-bears can be developed to also reflect our own views and still maintain the original theme of these ideas.

-Masquerades
-Festivals
- Clothing
-Names
-Food
-language
etc this is culture... (Stop mistaking religious beliefs with culture.. )

And most importantly it is also a big shame for you not to know the history, myths and folklore of your own people while you regurgitate the jews and arab history and myths..

I hope i have cleared you on this
[/b]

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by bqlekan(m): 10:40am On Jan 11, 2016
johnydon22:

No offence meant here brother but this is exactly the type of African mindset i confessed to be ashamed of.

Anyone who looks at this will already see you know nothing of the Yoruba traditional beliefs even though my wild guess is that you are a yoruba.. I am Igbo but i think i know more of yoruba beliefs than you..

First you think that Yoruba traditional beliefs is about ogun, sango etc and there have no concept of supreme God in yoruba mythology.. you think what yorubas have are just these small deities but the judeo/christian yahweh i take it you are referring as the God of everything.. You are wrong and as an African child should be ashamed of it.

The yoruba traditional beliefs have a concept of a Supreme God and from this supreme God manifests everything there is.

This supreme God in yoruba mythology has three manifestation.. you may call it a trinity..

-Eledumare - creator of everything
-Olorun - ruler of the heavens
-olofi - bridge connecting heaven and earth..

Ogun, sango, esu, obatala and co are minor gods who serve as intermediaries between man and the supreme God..

So you see? you have a distorted view of the yoruba myths fed to you by a twisted colonial micro-phone..

I know very much of the concept of Osa nla (supreme being) how we believed he created the other deities, I laid emphasis on the likes of ogun, sango, obatala and even esu because they are the peak of Yoruba beliefs, ask a sango worshipper how he got saved from a storm and here him say it was sango. how reasonable is it to say a man who died long time ago is in charge of lightning and thunder? some local bus drivers worship ogun more than the supreme being himself. They even have a mini shrine at home. some of us even worhip esu ( one who doesn't give without taking in folds).

imagine someone from the oje family, (masquerade) told to put on the masquerade attire before a particular problem in his life could be solved. why not pray to the supreme being? instead of running around in the market under intense heat disguising as a masquerade.

bro, we as humans want something easy, something not rigorous.. sitting and praying to an imaginary God is easier than dancing around, beheading a dog, or prostrating in front of a lifeless idol.

why not worship the supreme being, and ditch the representation of some dead heroes..

You do not necessarily need to believe these things, i do not believe in God so i do not believe these things but my point here is that as African you need know about your own heritage.

It is a shame to swim in middle eastern myths and beliefs when we know nothing of ours.

it's good you said I don't need to believe.. I can assure you I know a great deal about my culture, that was why I didn't follow blindly, I embraced the necessary ones and discarded the unnecessaries.
You ask!!! Africans have a long aged tradition of documenting by Oral means.. There was no written documentation of my family tree.

I started asking and pressurized my Father to help me, now we have developed a formally written family tree that will be added upon by the coming generations...

you seem not to understand my question here, I mean, how m I supposed to know my genealogy from Oduduwa when there is no proper documentation..

I ask a lot of questions and Godwilling, I can draw out my family tree right from when my great grand father converted to Islam.

Again i am faced with another distorted nollywood influenced view.. Throwing away twins had nothing to do with the African culture in fact it was not done in many parts of the African society.

this was due to ignorance of the people, they did not understand how 1 baby could come out as 2.. of course it had to be evil..

This is just an effect of ignorance on a fearful mind..

the ignorance culture could not bring an end too, but religion did right?

Quarantining Lepers or any other contagious diseases is one practised by every culture in this world to prevent spread.. this was also done by the jews and arabs.. read the bible

when did leaving lepers to die in the bush and their corpse left to decay became QUARANTINE?

This one is a lie, please do not lay the atrocities of the jews on Africans..

You can also go to the bible to confirm this... they kill witches

Secondly this is a trade mark of modern day christians here in the south of the Niger, Children and old women are lynched because they are accused of being witches..

no its not a lie, religion helped in
reducing this.. I will take Omu-Oke (a town in Ekiti state) as an instance, witches now co exist with ordinary humans, religion thought us to let them be.

And as expected the point of my post.. Culture is different from religion sir and i am not preaching any religion here neither do i even support any.

My point is that we should develop more upon the values left to us by our fore-bears, just take you as an example.. You don't even know the actual religion of your own people.

Please culture is not same as religion.

Culture is made by the people for the people and can be modified or developed by the people and for the people..

so the ideas left to us by our fore-bears can be developed to also reflect our own views and still maintain the original theme of these ideas.

-Masquerades
-Festivals
- Clothing
-Names
-Food
-language
etc this is culture... (Stop mistaking religious beliefs with culture.. )

And most importantly it is also a big shame for you not to know the history, myths and folklore of your own people while you regurgitate the jews and arab history and myths..

I hope i have cleared you on this

brother, I get your point, all in saying is that religions has improved our culture in one way or the other. western civilisation also thought us not to just follow things blindly, we should reflect on what we learnt and see how it fits into our everyday life and society.

if we all are to be followers, then we don't need any brain, only the leader does, we just have to follow him
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by matrix600(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2016
urheme:

Those barbaric customs annd traditions you call culture are in themselves bad...they are no where better than religion....i hate them all for inequallity and discrimination against women....it knows no fairness and good conscience......they classify women as lower beings.......some even allow wife beating and marital rape.....they treat women as worthless properties with no price tag......women don't need them revived.

A cultural world is a mans world only and women are slaves.....you see why more women patronise churches than men....is an attempt to break free from cultural chains...i don't blame them.

Let the culture die natural death....i'm one of those that killed it.
there's something you're missing here, one time every developed countries had similar cultures, but just like language and reason, culture also undergoes evolution. The cultural practices of our ancestors were not bound to remain the same forever and ever, at some points there will always be cultural amendments that will be brought by societal awareness. Nearly all religion and culture were once barbaric, but the inevitable thing is transformation. So how can you tell that our cultures would not have evolved or transformed into something better than what we have now if we had maintained them. The imported religious ideas has caused us more harm than good no matter how you look at it. Our cultures were not perfect neither is any religion. I think we would have fared better maintaining what truly represents our identity. My thoughts

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 11:31am On Jan 11, 2016
matrix600:
there's something you're missing here, one time every developed countries had similar cultures, but just like language and reason, culture also undergoes evolution. The cultural practices of our ancestors were not bound to remain the same forever and ever, at some points there will always be cultural amendments that will be brought by societal awareness. Nearly all religion and culture were once barbaric, but the inevitable thing is transformation. So how can you tell that our cultures would not have evolved or transformed into something better than what we have now if we had maintained them. The imported religious ideas has caused us more harm than good no matter how you look at it. Our cultures were not perfect neither is any religion. I think we would have fared better maintaining what truly represents our identity. My thoughts
Seriously this is wonderful.. someone gets the point..

I wish i believed in God(s) I would have said Chukwu should bless you, or even Eledumare or Amadioha even Yahweh anyone you believe in.. grin

This is exactly what i told him "Well I think our cultures being
relics of a distant past should also be modified upon to also reflect a touch of
our own views while also maintaining it's original theme."

Thank you my brother

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by bqlekan(m): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2016
johnydon22, edited
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2016
[b]There at least two 2 distinct groups of people in Africa, the aboriginal Africans who are the real Africans, and the converted Africans who are not originally Africans. Generally speaking, Negroes are not Africans, the original core aboriginal Africans are Hausa people, Fulani people etc. Even within supposed monolithic ethnic groups like the Igbos and Yoruba, there are still these two distinct groups, the aborigines and non aborigines.

The non aboriginal people do not have the same spiritual make up with the aboriginal people who are the real Africans, unfortunately, because of phenotypic contiguity, as we are all black, it is not so easy to pick out immediately who is who.

The non aboriginal people are culturally superior to the aboriginal people (QUOTE ME ANYWHERE) they brought civilisation and learning to the aboriginal heathenistic Africans! They came from heaven, Oduduwa came from heaven, superior beings who came from heaven!

Today, I make bold to declare that if you are not drawn to the Abrahamic faiths you are a heathen and an aboriginal African! and you are inferior!

The spirit of a man guides him, if the spirit in you guides you to the tradition of your fathers, there is nothing wrong with that; the aboriginal African spirit guides you to the culture and tradition of your origins, while the non aboriginal spirit guides you to solace in the culture and traditions of your abrahamic origins.

Every man gravitates towards the inclinations of the spirit inside him.

Enough of bullshiit in the name of knowledge! [/b]
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by matrix600(m): 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:
[b]There at least two 2 distinct groups of people in Africa, the aboriginal Africans who are the real Africans, and the converted Africans who are not originally Africans. Generally speaking, Negroes are not Africans, the original core aboriginal Africans are Hausa people, Fulani people etc. Even within supposed monolithic ethnic groups like the Igbos and Yoruba, there are still these two distinct groups, the aborigines and non aborigines.

The non aboriginal people do not have the same spiritual make up with the aboriginal people who are the real Africans, unfortunately, because of phenotypic contiguity, as we are all black, it is not so easy to pick out immediately who is who.

The non aboriginal people are culturally superior to the aboriginal people (QUOTE ME ANYWHERE) they brought civilisation and learning to the aboriginal heathenistic Africans!

Today, I make bold to declare that if you are not drawn to the Abrahamic faiths you are a heathen and an aboriginal African! and you are inferior!

The spirit of a man guides him, if the spirit in you guides you to the tradition of your fathers, there is nothing wrong with that; the aboriginal African spirit guides you to the culture and tradition of your origins, while the non aboriginal spirit guides you to solace in the culture and traditions of your abrahamic origins.

your ideas are really warped sir, this aboriginal and non-aboriginal thing you're talking about, is it determined biologically or by choice. I want to know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
bqlekan:

I know very much of the concept of Osa nla (supreme being) how we believed he created the other deities, I laid emphasis on the likes of ogun, sango, obatala and even esu because they are the peak of Yoruba beliefs, ask a sango worshipper how he got saved from a storm and here him say it was sango. how reasonable is it to say a man who died long time ago is in charge of lightning and thunder? some local bus drivers worship ogun more than the supreme being himself. They even have a mini shrine at home. some of us even worhip esu ( one who doesn't give without taking in folds).
[b]

Now this has to do with belief and religion... People believe in one thing or the other... Ask a Christian how he escaped an accident he will say Jesus did, they keep crosses and crucifixes of their beliefs.

Ask a muslim he will say Allah... Tell me the difference between the person who thinks Allah saved him with the one who thinks Sango did or the one who thinks Jesus did.. these are all beliefs (superstition to me) the only difference here is the distinct deities

these are beliefs and blatantly irrelevant in the message i am passing across...

Still smearing unnecessary religious squabbles into the post... I am sure i said this above..

"You do not necessarily need to believe this, i do not believe in God so i do not believe any of these. my point here is that as African you need to know about your own heritage.."

I do not understand how this is so hard to understand... I am not here to banter over distinct beliefs and superstition
[/b]

imagine someone from the oje family, (masquerade) told to put on the masquerade attire before a particular problem in his life could be solved. why not pray to the supreme being? instead of running around in the market under intense heat disguising as a masquerade.
Seriously this is about belief ... wtf!!

How is this any different from people going to the river for cleansing done in celestial churches, or mid-night prayers, fasting and prayers.

these are just beliefs and my point is centered on CULTURE not religions.. I do not understand how this still eludes you

bro, we as humans want something easy, something not rigorous.. sitting and praying to an imaginary God is easier than dancing around, beheading a dog, or prostrating in front of a lifeless idol.
This is ridiculous... I am at lost how you are still bantering over these irrelevant religious practices..

Moreover how is that different from staying awake in the mid-night dancing, shouting, prostrating in a mosque..

Please this is about Cultural values not religious practises..… Which sadly enough reeks of abject misrepresentation of the yoruba beliefs

why not worship the supreme being, and ditch the representation of some dead heroes..
Again bantering over religious beliefs and ignoring the theme of the OP which is CULTURAL Refurbishing … How many people were told not to worship the yoruba supreme God? ... I may not reply another post that is clearly out of point..

it's good you said I don't need to believe.. I can assure you I know a great deal about my culture, that was why I didn't follow blindly, I embraced the necessary ones and discarded the unnecessaries.
Oh you don't..

What we you have just shown here is that you don't really know the difference between RELIGIOUS PRACTISES (yoruba religion) and CULTURE( yoruba culture) it is blatantly clear..

You don't..

you seem not to understand my question here, I mean, how m I supposed to know my genealogy from Oduduwa when there is no proper documentation..

Again... ASK!!!

Trace the ancestry of the progenitor of your town to Oduduwa then you can trace the linage of your family from the progenitor of your town..

Besides are you trying to tell me because there is no written document of your genealogy you should adopt another that has nothing to do with you?

I ask a lot of questions and Godwilling, I can draw out my family tree right from when my great grand father converted to Islam.
Just from your great grand father.. lol.. You need more investigation sir..

the ignorance culture could not bring an end too, but religion did right?

Again i am beginning to see you guys do not really know the difference between RELIGION and CULTURE.

For goodness sake Yoruba tradition Beliefs is just another religion like Islam... These deplorable practises are open to development as ideas change..

when did leaving lepers to die in the bush and their corpse left to decay became QUARANTINE?

Quarantine is a medical term for the act of keeping an object in enforced
isolation for a period of time to limit or prevent the spread of disease or
infection.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarantine_(disambiguation)

I do not know why i am supposed to be dealing with these ridiculous wrong ideas people have about these..

Every culture in this world practised this and the person is fully incorporated back in the society once the disease is healed by any means..

no its not a lie, religion helped in
reducing this.. I will take Omu-Oke (a town in Ekiti state) as an instance, witches now co exist with ordinary humans, religion thought us to let them be.
Again labelling the crimes of Abrahamic religions on the people.

I have never seen any case where by the African culture comprises the killing of witches..

that practise was introduced in the wake of Abrahamic religions on African and not an african norm..

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29572974

http://news.discovery.com/human/psychology/seven-accused-african-witches-burned-to-death-141011.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/08/25/nigeria.child.witches/

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/04/witch-hunts/

These are 21sr century instances of witch killings and murders carried out by these Abrahamic faiths.. Both the Christian and Muslim populace as a matter of fact..

Please provide me instances where the Traditionlists are the culpable ... bring the facts.. stop shifting ground from the culpable to accuse the victims..

brother, I get your point, all in saying is that religions has improved our culture in one way or the other. western civilisation also thought us not to just follow things blindly, we should reflect on what we learnt and see how it fits into our everyday life and society.
[b]
Pheeeeew... Please Civilization is not synonymous to religious affiliation ... China is civilized all the while still maintaining the original chinese values and cultures modified to suit the present chinese society.

I can see you guys do not really know the difference between Religion and Culture..

Please Yoruba traditional beliefs and practises are different from yoruba cultures stop mistaking the two..[/quote]

if we all are to be followers, then we don't need any brain, only the leader does, we just have to follow him
[i]

Cultural values are made for the people, by the people and are modified by the people and for the the people..

"Well I think our cultures being
relics of a distant past should also be modified upon to also reflect a touch of
our own views while also maintaining it's original theme."

again cultural values are :

-Clothing
-language
-norms
-festivals
-food
-language
-names etc

and most importantly the preservation of the original historical heritage of the people....

I.E: You do not really know the difference between CULTURE and RELIGION.. You are equating yoruba traditional beliefs (Religion) to mean culture.. you need to grasp the two concepts.

Cus i will ignore any other posts that brings in Religious comparison other than cultural motif the thread is created for..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
matrix600:
your ideas are really warped sir, this aboriginal and non-aboriginal thing you're talking about, is it determined biologically or by choice. I want to know

It is determined spiritually, you gravitate towards it because your spirit will direct you. If you do not gravitate towards the Abrahamics, simple, it is not in you. If you gravitate towards atheism and other fallacious idiocies such as the world is just one random mess and you have no purpose whatsoever in the universe, that is your spirit guiding you. If you gravitate towards bowing to stick and stones, bruv, that is your spirit.

Phenotypic contiguity, because we are all black, is the reason you think we are all the same, we are not all the same, we have different spiritual make up, just like Mac is different from Linus which is also different from windows 7 they are all operating system software but they are not the same.

Enough of bullshiit in the name of knowledge!
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by plaetton: 1:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:
[b]

This is the silliest, most outrageous statement I have seen this year.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
plaetton:

I have told you there are two groups of people, the aboriginals Africans and the non aboriginal convert Africans. The non aboriginal Africans brought civilisation to the heathenistic aboriginals, you have heard of the myth about advanced men who came from heaven to visit the earth haven't you?

Your spirit is your compass, you are either drawn to it by your spirit or you are not,

Enough of peddling bullshiit as knowledge!
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 1:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
plaetton:

It is amazing how someone can proudly avow such fatuous assertion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by matrix600(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

It is determined spiritually, you gravitate towards it because your spirit will direct you. If you do not gravitate towards the Abrahamics, simple, it is not in you. If you gravitate towards atheism and other fallacious idiocies such as the world is just one random mess and you have no purpose whatsoever in the universe, that is your spirit guiding you. If you gravitate towards bowing to stick and stones, bruv, that is your spirit.

Phenotypic contiguity, because we are all black, is the reason you think we are all the same, we are not all the same, we have different spiritual make up, just like Mac is different from Linus which is also different from windows 7 they are all operating system software but they are not the same.

Enough of bullshiit in the name of knowledge!
How do you feel saying things like this? Dont you realize that we've divided ourselves too much already? Why would you want to promote further division by making claims of some people being inferior aboriginals and others being superior non-aboriginals. How can you even spit something like this without remorse. Whatever be your source of this claim is evil. Please examinine yourself very well. Dont throw in more confusion, we have enough already.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
johnydon22:

It is amazing how someone can proudly avow such fatuous assertion

It is more the height of intellectual vapidity to profess atheism in the face of evidence for beauty, order, design, and complexity in the universe.

You spirit, or your intuition, if you like, because atheists who believe that they are a product of some random chance occurrence in the universe with no purpose whatsoever, may have problems with the word 'spirit', is your guide, your inner compass.

If you are drawn it, it is your spirit guiding you to heritage, if you are not drawn to it, it is still your spirit guiding you to your heritage. If you are drawn to bowing to stick and stones, it is your ancient heritage calling you:

Because we are all black does not mean we are the same people.

Enough of bullshiit in the name of knowledge.
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by johnydon22(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
I have no reason to derail my own thread so i will let the irrelevant show of lunacy pass for another day

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
matrix600:
How do you feel saying things like this? Dont you realize that we've divided ourselves too much already? Why would you want to promote further division by making claims of some people being inferior aboriginals and others being superior non-aboriginals. How can you even spit something like this without remorse. Whatever be your source of this claim is evil. Please examinine yourself very well. Dont throw in more confusion, we have enough already.

I understand you, this is why I keep my peace most times. Believers in the randomness of their occurrence, with no purposes whatsoever in the universe should stop looking down on people who believe in the design and deliberateness of their own existence. Either way, both takes a belief system, both requires faith, faith to either believe everything is randomnised or faith to believe everything is designed.

Bullshiit must stop being peddled as knowledge!
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
johnydon22:
I have no reason to derail my own thread so i will let the irrelevant show of lunacy pass for another day

The lunatic is the one who observes the design, beauty, order, and complexity of the universe and then concludes right-away that everything is random. Such people who profess and confess these kind of thoughts should be chained with the thickest manacles and confined to the deepest recesses of sanatoriums designed for the management of the most intractable cases of destructive human psychosis.

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by krayzieklay(m): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

The non aboriginal people are culturally superior to the aboriginal people (QUOTE ME ANYWHERE) they brought civilisation and learning to the aboriginal heathenistic Africans! They came from heaven, Oduduwa came from heaven, superior beings who came from heaven!

Sir, no offence, but I think you are slightly stupiid.

Pls, go check yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
krayzieklay:

Sir, no offence, but I think you are slightly stupiid.

Pls, go check yourself.

grin cheesy

I forgive you wink
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by GooseBaba: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

The lunatic is the one who observes the design, beauty, order, and complexity of the universe and then concludes right-away that everything is random. Such people who profess and confess these kind of thoughts should be chained with the thickest manacles and confined to the deepest recesses of sanatoriums designed for the management of the most intractable cases of destructive human psychosis.

Smh....this is 2016 Bros.... I suggest you take your last sentence seriously.

With all your unnecessary gra gra, you cannot even comprehend the OP.. Abeg go drink water. You're clearly dehydrated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by matrix600(m): 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

I understand you, this is why I keep my peace most times. Believers in the randomness of their occurrence, with no purposes whatsoever in the universe should stop looking down on people who believe in the design and deliberateness of their own existence. Either way, both takes a belief system, both requires faith, faith to either believe everything is randomnised or faith to believe everything is designed.

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by matrix600(m): 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

If we follow your line of thought we lose the chance of having any kind of oneness, this is a dangerous stance. I dont mean to insult you sir but please stop 'peddling your bullshit as knowledge'. Common sense can work magic sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
matrix600:
If we follow your line of thought we lose the chance of having any kind of oneness, this is a dangerous stance. I dont mean to insult you sir but please stop 'peddling your bullshit as knowledge'. Common sense can work magic sir.

I am trying to relate with you like you like you have some sense, you will stay within the bounds of propriety or you will be smashed to pieces. I told you I hold my peace most times because I wouldn't want to be seen as a divider, I'd rather a uniter. But truth be told, believers in the randomness of their lives should stop looking down on the believers of the intelligent design of their lives, it is incongruous!

Bullshit must stop being peddled as knowledge!
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
GooseBaba:

Smh....this is 2016 Bros.... I suggest you take your last sentence seriously.

With all your unnecessary gra gra, you cannot even comprehend the OP.. Abeg go drink water. You're clearly dehydrated.

Goosebaby cheesy, Happy New Year! cheesy
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by matrix600(m): 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

I am trying to relate with you like you like you have some sense, you will stay within the bounds of propriety or you will be smashed to pieces. I told you I hold my peace most times because I wouldn't want to be seen as a divider, I'd rather a uniter. But truth be told, believers in the randomness of their lives should stop looking down on the believers of the intelligent design of their lives, it is incongruous!

Bullshit must stop being peddled as knowledge!
whoever mentioned randomness of life in this thread, you claim you're not a divider but thats what you're clearly doing..why would you classify some people as inferior just because they dont share your Abrahamic beliefs..even your fellow Abrahamic believers are divided among themselves. Quit the double standard sir, What makes you think your own knowledge is not Bullshit. Anyway lets not derail the thread. To each his own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
matrix600:
whoever mentioned randomness of life in this thread, you claim you're not a divider but thats what you're clearly doing..why would you classify some people as inferior just because they dont share your Abrahamic beliefs..even your fellow Abrahamic believers are divided among themselves. Quit the double standard sir, What makes you think your own knowledge is not Bullshit. Anyway lets not derail the thread. To each his own

Where does your spirit draw you towards? The Abrahamic faiths, or atheism, or stick and stones? If it is the latter two, you are inferior!

wink
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by GooseBaba: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

Goosebaby cheesy, Happy New Year! cheesy

The great loquacious demented hebrew wannabe .. I hail ohhh... Happy new year to you too..!

But Bros, come ohh..E never reach wey you go drop this self loathing beliefs. The overall purpose of your beliefs is to preserve the legacies of someone else's ancestors while you disregard and condemn yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by matrix600(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

Where does your spirit draw you towards? The Abrahamic faiths, or atheism, or stick and stones? If it is the latter two, you are inferior!

wink
A superior mind, a superior personality recognises the value of humility, superiority does not go about measuring itself with anything and it definitely does not point to anyone as inferior. Notice that your perceived superiority proves only insecurity so before you start labelling anyone inferior, examine yourself well. I am not what you label me, i am what i label myself. You can claim all the superiority in the world my friend, thats your cup of tea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by GooseBaba: 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

wink

Then by your claim... The edomite is your equal as far as spirit is concerned.... Why do you see them as inferior too?
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
GooseBaba:

The great loquacious demented hebrew wannabe .. I hail ohhh... Happy new year to you too..!

But Bros, come ohh..E never reach wey you go drop this self loathing beliefs. The overall purpose of your beliefs is to preserve the legacies of someone else's ancestors while you disregard and condemn yours.

The visitors from heaven conquered and civilised the heathens who were on earth. Tell me, Goosebaby, where does your spirit gravitate toward? Oh, I know!!! We have had this argument countless times...Stick and stones!!!

Inferior people!
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by MrPresident1: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
matrix600:
A superior mind, a superior personality recognises the value of humility, superiority does not go about measuring itself with anything and it definitely does not point to anyone as inferior. Notice that your perceived superiority proves only insecurity so before you start labelling anyone inferior, examine yourself well. I am not what you label me, i am what i label myself. You can claim all the superiority in the world my friend, thats your cup of tea.

Acute and Chronic madness is not approached with kid gloves abi how can someone look at the beauty and mathematical precision of the universe and then conclude that his life is meaningless and random, and of no purpose whatsoever? You cannot see that that is chronic craze abi?

Now tell me again, where does your spirit gravitate toward, atheism, stick and stones, or the Abrahamic faith? Remember that all of them are heritages. wink
Re: Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 by GooseBaba: 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
MrPresident1:

The visitors from heaven conquered and civilised the heathens who were on earth. Tell me, Goosebaby, where does your spirit gravitate toward? Oh, I know!!! We have had this argument countless times...Stick and stones!!!

Inferior people!

Big lie.. Why do you have to lie.. I know liars are hebrew wannabe. And you believe in trees. That your holy babble is made out of what..?

The teachings of my ancestors aligns with my lineage, heritage, land, culture, language, attires, attitude, VERIFIABLE history etc.. I don't need to believe, I KNOW...

You on the other hand believe that you're a cursed destitute. Punished by his creator for disobedience.. Tufiakwa.!!! Inferiority complex no go kill you, hiding behind spiritual leanings to promote bullshiiit knowledge.

Meanwhile, Delusion reloaded is The Only way you're sure you belong to any tribe in Israel.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hurray! Evolutionists Have Their "missing Link" At Last! / The Message Of The Kingdom Of GOD / Pastor Okotie Dies Of Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.