Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development (1339 Views)

Are All Religions The Same?? / Our Problem Is Compounded Because Of Foreign Religions / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by NoNonsense8464(m): 1:08am On Nov 17, 2016
Those who do not understand the African way of life condemn, or in most cases, look down on whatever they see in our society.
Why do we continue selling our birth rights for a mess of pottage?
We have totally lost the sense of who we are - our identity, value, and essence.
For over 100yrs today, Nigerians became frustrated dependents - existing under the canopy of foreign religions. These religions have shackled us, put us in bondage, enslaved our minds, thoughts, reasoning, and our social, economic and political lives. Our marriage and family system is adulterated and corrupted by foreign influence and values. Lessons taught and learned mold us into parroting zombies.
Ask yourself, ask your neighbor, why do we live our daily lives modeled after the ways and lifestyle of the foreigners? They jilted ours like a plague. We spurned ours like an abomination.
When I told a friend of mine about my idea of reawakening our demising patterns of thought and action(culture), her response marveled me. She said, "go to the shrine in your village and talk to that your so-called gods whether they will respond to you. I'm advising you to watch your steps because worshipping gods will do you more harm than good..." Now, my question is - foreign religions(Christianity and Islam - The opium of the masses) and African religions(which tinctures love, respect and understanding - protected and preserved our forefathers for good number of years before they gave up to ghost), which one does harm than good? No copy can ever be as good as the original, no matter how desired. According to Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart; page 141, line 11-19, "But he(white man) says that our customs are bad; and our own brothers who have taken up his religion also say that our customs are bad. How do you think we can fight when our brothers have turned against us? The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart"
In the first place, does the Christian Church know/tell the truth? It believes in a fictitious God, devil, heaven and hell. And it has no evidence for for them. What truth does it guard? Virgin birth - is it a truth? It's only amoebas that have immaculate conceptions! Why the insistence on immaculate conception just to make JESUS very special being? Things Fall Apart;Page 142, line 2-3, "The white man had indeed brought a lunatic religion "
It's a pity that foreign affairs have taken place of our cultural awareness. Ask a man/woman of 25-30years about the culture and practices of his/her community. The response will epitomize how foreign religions have blindfolded most Nigerians that failed to contemplatively enquire the unfeigned source of their existence...
In the act of obscuring our memories with the ill-starred practices, they termed the God of our ancestors(Chukwu) 'small God' - with lower case alphabets(god) whereas theirs is fabled using upper case alphabets(God).
Foreign religion is the poison killing the peaceful coexistence of Nigerians, likewise the bane of Nigeria development - as a great nation. If we chuck it(foreign religions) out and practise our God given and ordained traditional religion and culture, we shall become truly independent and liberated as individuals - having a common sentiment of patriotism.
By:
Nwogboji Emmanuel
Nwogbojie@gmail.com

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by babz007(m): 1:27am On Nov 17, 2016
well said my brother but our people are so blind that they can barely see the truth staring them in the face but do not blame them oooh some of this our own traditions are wicked and unforgiving. what do you have to say about the killing of twins in calabar before mary slessor came?
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by antosly(m): 2:05am On Nov 17, 2016
babz007:
well said my brother but our people are so blind that they can barely see the truth staring them in the face but do not blame them oooh some of this our own traditions are wicked and unforgiving. what do you have to say about the killing of twins in calabar before mary slessor came?
Don't forget be in a hurry that the rate of crime in the society today increasingly getting to the brim is from the missionaries.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by hopefulLandlord: 4:40am On Nov 17, 2016
babz007:

it was simply a "development phase"

every civilisation goes through those things

remember witch hunt?

several countries burned humans suspected of witchcraft believing they were the cause of diseases and several plagues but those countries have left such practices behind and did you know the church was responsible for witch hunting?

The key thing here is that those countries developed "at their pace" which we didn't do

now almost all our youths see our own gods as wicked, no good gods, they can't see anything good about it because they've not been told anything good about it

there was a time I went to Osun state for a "friend like a brother's" wedding, the wedding took place at Ife City hall which isn't far away from the royal palace, I decided to pay a visit to the palace and was given a tour of it, our guide told us several stories of the Yoruba tradition and belief

one thing that caught my eye however was "Esu"

I realised Esu is NOT devil or Satan or Lucifer

he told me who Esu is and how an alleged simple mistranslation by Samuel Ajayi Crowther lead to Esu being called satan

A nairalander has a thread on that https://www.nairaland.com/2727789/esu-not-satan

http://ooduarere.com/naija-gist/religion/esu-not-satan-bible-divine-messenger-esu-odara-esu-lanlu-ogirioko/#sthash.io5Lo11L.dpbs

http://farinadeolokun.com/enter-ile-ifa/esu-elegbara-sacred-child-of-heaven/

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by jonbellion(m): 6:25am On Nov 17, 2016
What you said is true but this religious people would never listen. It's like a coping mechanism for them. There's a thread that is talking about an alleged end time trumpet. It was a hoax by a popular YouTube but would they listen no
They'd rather go and be looking for miracles upandan from alleged "prophets of God"
Meanwhile in the real world other countries would have left planet earth and gone to colonise Europa Jupiter's moon or a planet in a distinct galaxy. This prophets would also follow them there using the money they have made from Nigerians. They would be left on earth to face the harsh conditions climate change has caused the would be detrimental to survival that they were indiffewnt to or was dismissed as a lie that plans to bring about the "new world order" But hey they've always wanted a rapture right wink

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by NoNonsense8464(m): 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
babz007:
That's a good question from a rationalist!
As regarding our traditional ways and styles, we should always think of modification and development! Many a profession, system, process and belief are equally subject to development. The ill-starred ideology of seeing foreign religion as the best, is actually the reason why our ancestors allowed evil to befall us... With the massive acceptance of this ROARING NOISE (Christianity and Islam), our country should have wore a new look! What's the evidence to prove the assertion that foreign God is omniscience, omnipresent and omnipotent? During the days when there was no gap between us and our ancestral God, there was no corruption, bribing and other negative attitudes that are presently dragging the nation's integrity to mud... My people, let's open our eyes and questions some obvious facts. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by aris172436: 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
Greetings, you stated, "We have totally lost the sense of who we are - our identity, value, and essence." The African Way of life my friend has the same response and challenge as all human lifestyles on the planet, of course, some more dramatic than others, but this institution called religion is in fact changing the human experience. The challenge I set forth today, in my studies of the similarities of religious facts, is not in the doctrine of information that can be proven, but in fact not able to prove. Meaning, all religions do have a spiritual aspect to them, separate of that of fact finding, hidden knowledge and twisting of doctrines. The spiritual aspect of them all tend to suggest the same inner workings of the individual practicing the art, if I may use this term. As a Christian taught individual, the information provided to us is very confusing and quite simply various, even though the information suppose to come from the same Bible. Other major religions have this same effect. I have yet to find a major religion that have one solid doctrine. However, like Christianity, the art of the spiritual experience all require a separation from physical attachments to an attachment to spiritual growth. Words expressed in this spiritual matter also changes, like the Christian word faith. Most Christians will tell you that faith is related to believing, that is similar to school, learning that 1 plus 1 equals 2, but adding a spiritual aspect to it, faith is based in hearing. This inner working of major religions is not supported by things or stuff, but it provides the truth of the inner identity, value and essence of an individual, a community, a people and a nation, which can not be proven, but seen. If you understand my challenge, then you understand that I hope we have totally lost our sense of who are, and I hope we can learn to become the true nature of our inner being.
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by otemanuduno: 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
NoNonsense8464:
Those who do not understand the African way of life condemn, or in most cases, look down on whatever they see in our society.
We have totally lost the sense of who we are - our identity, value, and essence.
For over 100yrs today, Nigerians became frustrated dependents - existing under the canopy of foreign religions. These religions have shackled us, put us in bondage, enslaved our minds, thoughts, reasoning, and our social, economic and political lives. Our marriage and family system is adulterated and corrupted by foreign influence and values. Lessons taught and learned mold us into parroting zombies.
Ask yourself, ask your neighbor, why do we live our daily lives modeled after the ways and lifestyle of the foreigners? They jilted ours like a plague. We spurned ours like an abomination.
When I told a friend of mine about my idea of reawakening our demising patterns of thought and action(culture), her response marveled me. She said, "go to the shrine in your village and talk to that your so-called gods whether they will respond to you. I'm advising you to watch your steps because worshipping gods will do you more harm than good..." Now, my question is - foreign religions(Christianity and Islam - The opium of the masses) and African religions(which tinctures love, respect and understanding - protected and preserved our forefathers for good number of years before they gave up to ghost), which one does harm than good? No copy can ever be as good as the original, no matter how desired. According to Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart; page 141, line 11-19, "But he(white man) says that our customs are bad; and our own brothers who have taken up his religion also say that our customs are bad. How do you think we can fight when our brothers have turned against us? The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart"
In the first place, does the Christian Church know/tell the truth? It believes in a fictitious God, devil, heaven and hell. And it has no evidence for for them. What truth does it guard? Virgin birth - is it a truth? It's only amoebas that have immaculate conceptions! Why the insistence on immaculate conception just to make JESUS very special being? Things Fall Apart;Page 142, line 2-3, "The white man had indeed brought a lunatic religion "
It's a pity that foreign affairs have taken place of our cultural awareness. Ask a man/woman of 25-30years about the culture and practices of his/her community. The response will epitomize how foreign religions have blindfolded most Nigerians that failed to contemplatively enquire the unfeigned source of their existence...
In the act of obscuring our memories with the ill-starred practices, they termed the God of our ancestors(Chukwu) 'small God' - with lower case alphabets(god) whereas theirs is fabled using upper case alphabets(God).
Foreign religion is the poison killing the peaceful coexistence of Nigerians, likewise the bane of Nigeria development - as a great nation. If we chuck it(foreign religions) out and practise our God given and ordained traditional religion and culture, we shall become truly independent and liberated as individuals - having a common sentiment of patriotism.
By:
Nwogboji Emmanuel
Nwogbojie@gmail.com
WA gbayi! Gboyee4fun, Muafrika2, damogul(naijadeyhia aka 4evergod), Jacksonville have you all seen this?
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
WA gbayi! Gboyee4fun, Muafrika2, damogul(naijadeyhia aka 4evergod), Jacksonville have you all seen this?

so
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by otemanuduno: 10:05am On Nov 23, 2016
Jacksonville:

so
We are getting back our brains in AFRICA. I'M HAPPY TO BE ALIVE WITNESSING THIS. GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY.
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Gboyee4fun(m): 12:39pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:

I thought I told you to stop mentioning my name?

you are happy witnessing this where as you also was called by a stupid god to cause your own religious foolishness?
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Gboyee4fun(m): 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
NoNonsense8464:
By:
Nwogboji Emmanuel
Nwogbojie@gmail.com

lol, please read more on what happened before foreign religion came, And if the African gods are true gods why will they allow foreigners in human nature to preach to people of their own God?....if you never no, go and do much study on how the forefathers wage war between their self for positions and land before the foreigners came., which is still happening in the political system....

you having the ability to read and write was due to this foreigners.... sorry something is wrong somewhere deeper that what human ability can fathom.
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by otemanuduno: 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

I thought I told you to stop mentioning my name?

you are happy witnessing this where as you also was called by a stupid god to cause your own religious foolishness?
How can the revealed truth I bring be compared with RELIGION?
The definition of religion is WORSHIP A GOD AND DO WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU TO DO, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD.
This universal law is USE YOUR BRAIN, WORSHIP NO god and DO GOOD TO ALL HUMANITY.
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Gboyee4fun(m): 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
How can the revealed truth I bring be compared with RELIGION?
The definition of religion is WORSHIP A GOD AND DO WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU TO DO, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD.
This universal law is USE YOUR BRAIN, WORSHIP NO god and DO GOOD TO ALL HUMANITY.

I can see that you are really lost,..reveal truth? you that is even praying in the name of one stupid OTEM is now saying worship no god...you really need help...this is how the nonsense of religion started, everyone claiming truth, truth.......you are saying use your brain, and a stupid god called you to reveal the truth, where is the universal law of using your brain now?......

and maybe you should talk of religion, be it Christianity, Islamic, Judaism, etc that did not talk of doing good to humanity....
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by otemanuduno: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

I can see that you are really lost,..reveal truth? you that is even praying in the name of one stupid OTEM is now saying worship no god...you really need help...this is how the nonsense of religion started, everyone claiming truth, truth.......you are saying use your brain, and a stupid god called you to reveal the truth, where is the universal law of using your brain now?......

and maybe you should talk of religion, be it Christianity, Islamic, Judaism, etc that did not talk of doing good to humanity....
Lol...I AM THE OTEM, AND I PRAY IN MY OWN NAME BECAUSE IT AFFECTS THE POWER OF COINCIDENCE THAN ANY OTHER NAMES FOR ME IN PARTICULAR.
The god of destruction which is Yahweh aka Satan and the god of civilization which is Atum aka Eartum, who look stupid now undecided
In all ramification, Yahweh is the stupid one here, always destroying and shedding blood while Atum is going around the universe making findings of the works of GOD ALMIGHTY.
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Gboyee4fun(m): 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
Lol...I AM THE OTEM, AND I PRAY IN MY OWN NAME BECAUSE IT AFFECTS THE POWER OF COINCIDENCE THAN ANY OTHER NAMES FOR ME IN PARTICULAR.
The god of destruction which is Yahweh aka Satan and the god of civilization which is Atum aka Eartum, who look stupid now undecided
In all ramification, Yahweh is the stupid one here, always destroying and shedding blood while Atum is going around the universe making findings of the works of GOD ALMIGHTY.

lol, see otem, that's how the small gods in Africa also came in those time..lol, sango calling himself sango, Ogun calling himself, Ogun...Mr man, you are nothing than a deluded man that his brain was played with in the underground... lol...Ajale man
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by otemanuduno: 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

lol, see otem, that's how the small gods in Africa also came in those time..lol, sango calling himself sango, Ogun calling himself, Ogun...Mr man, you are nothing than a deluded man that his brain was played with in the underground... lol...Ajale man
If you like, call me names. that doesn't make me less an Otem. And that doesn't stop the fact that Yahweh your god is Satan, the god of fire and destruction.
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by MartinsFrancis2(m): 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
Guys help review my new christian blog created via nairaland tutorials. Rhemanol.blog.com
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by MartinsFrancis2(m): 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
Guys help review my new christian blog created via nairaland tutorials. Rhemanol..com
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Gboyee4fun(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
If you like, call me names. that doesn't make me less an Otem. And that doesn't stop the fact that Yahweh your god is Satan, the god of fire and destruction.

lol, who and who are mate in the deep things? find your mate somewhere else, what name have I even called you?, you are nothing to me, I don't even care about your mission a bit...just getloss from attaching me to your confusion... lol
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by otemanuduno: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

lol, who and who are mate in the deep things? find your mate somewhere else, what name have I even called you?, you are nothing to me, I don't even care about your mission a bit...just getloss from attaching me to your confusion... lol
Gboye l'oruko to wa lati inu iran re, a ko mo ibi ti o ti ko Peteru
Interpretation in the SERIOT LANGUAGE: Rig numa á Gboye. Tal cit sabukt dou rig ert Petra.
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Gboyee4fun(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
[quote author=otemanuduno post=51302893] Gboye l'oruko to wa lati inu iran re, a ko mo ibi ti o ti ko Peteru
Interpretation in the SERIOT LANGUAGE: Rig numa á Gboye. Tal cit sabukt dou rig ert Petra.[/quote

lol...MY NAME IS ADEBAYO GBOYEGA PETER.....MR MAN....
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by otemanuduno: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
[quote author=Gboyee4fun post=51303002][/quote] Yeah, or did I say anything contrary? I was only catching fun on the PETER part of your name which was gotten from the foreign influence cheesy
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Gboyee4fun(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
Yeah, or did I say anything contrary? I was only catching fun on the PETER part of your name which was gotten from the foreign influence cheesy

lol...and your name funny pass...otem....lol....peter is a name of human being..not a name of some idiot demon
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Niflheim(m): 6:32am On Nov 24, 2016
@NoNonsense8464,

Great post!!! Truly christianity has demonstrated itself to be the religion of the "super lunatic"!!!

From eating grass, to drinking petrol like genetically modified Peugeot 504!!! Such a pity!!!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by Gboyee4fun(m): 7:15am On Nov 24, 2016
Niflheim:
@NoNonsense8464,

Great post!!! Truly christianity has demonstrated itself to be the religion of the "super lunatic"!!!

From eating grass, to drinking petrol like genetically modified Peugeot 504!!! Such a pity!!!

lol, Christianity? what of Islam? I guess you guys don't even know that you been able to read and write is because of Christianity....
Re: Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development by foladara777(m): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2016
Am not much into religions but this thread is just making me laugh.. So Christianity shacked us??... U know without Christianity, calabar people will still probably be killing twins and eating human flesh...
Plss Christianity is flawed but African traditional religions are a total joke

(1) (Reply)

Do Christians Pay Tithes Because They Are Stupid? / Stars Falling From the Sky ? / What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.