Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,317 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (23088 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Billygee2u: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
adehsenior:
Church does not refer to the building you worship, no sir, the building is a meeting place where christians meets.
You are the church, Col 1:13 says we are delivered from kingdom of darkness to kingdom of his son.
Math 16:18 talks about christ building his church and again Heb 10:25 talks about not forsaking the assembly of the saints.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Billygee2u: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
hezy4real01:
It's not compulsory but important....... The Biblical law of Agreement says where two or more are gather in my Name am there with them
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Mikeparlo12(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
Sunday is not the Sabbath Saturday is the real Sabbath day. so if u don't go on Sunday...no shaking
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by seaga: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
ladyF:

lol that's quite harsh, why would you think I no dey go church? What are the few more questions?

Because. ...because because. .., it's better I PM you
Alas...
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by isick(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
DebbyChris:
Yes, Heb 10:25
pls can u interpret that bible quote!
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by killsmith(f): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
July 26th 2015 was the last time I went to church..and that was the first time in years grin grin grin.....

What could I possibly gain from going to church? undecided undecided
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by arnold123: 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Taiyescott:
Are there any biblical references that says Christians should go to church on Sundays?
Is the word "Church" even in the bible?
Am a Christian and don't disregard Christianity, but I just wonder so often about questions like this.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.......
people wey dey carry church building for head na e dey do wicked pass!!!!
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by udoh2k: 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
[size=16pt]

1. The bible says (Heb 10:25) "DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER, AS THE MANNER OF SOME PEOPLE IS".
This means it is a COMMANDMENT and MUST BE OBEYED. It is COMPULSORY TO GO TO CHURCH.

2. The bible says (Prov. 27:17) "IRON SHARPENS IRON"
It is when you have fellowship/assembly with others of like faith that your faith is built. NOT WHEN YOU STAY AT HOME AND JUST READ THE BIBLE.

3. The bible says (I Corin. 16:2) "ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, LET EVERYONE LAY BY HIM IN STORE AS GOD HAS PROSPERED HIM..."
Here paul was instructing the Corinthian church to bring their offering on First Day of the Week [Sunday]. This means the early church/apostles had fellowship on Sundays; so can we. Also remember that Jesus resurrected on Sunday, and the Pentecost came on Sunday. These are some reasons while there was a switch from Saturday worship to Sunday worship.

However, if the society does not permit it (e.g. in countries where Sunday is not free; I heard there are muslim countries where their work-free days are Friday/Saturday), you can choose to assemble on Friday or Saturday. The important thing is to "assemble" not necessarily the "day".
Afterall, even churches that go for Sunday Service also have midweek service (Wednesday), Bible Study (Monday) or Revival Service (Thursday) etc.

4. We should NOT make it a doctrine/mandatory to worship on SATURDAY (SABBATH DAY). Jesus hardly keep the Sabbath...he works, heals and command His benefactors to do actions that the Jews complained were against sabbath laws. Jesus has fulfilled the sabbath. He is our rest (Heb 4:cool. We should not judge one another on the day of worship (Colossian 2:16).

IN SUMMARY, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO MEET TOGETHER REGULARLY under a God appointed minister, because He appointed some APOSTLES, PROPHETS, EVANGLISTS, PASTORS AND TEACHERS to minister to us in the body of Christ (church, not in our houses), to teach/perfect/edify us (Eph 4:11-12).

God bless you for reading and sharing.
[/size]
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
mifavour:

is it not better than having a bunch of church goers..and hypocrites..

Tis better jawe
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Prdo: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
Yes, Yes and YES (Heb 10:35). As a christian you must seize every available oppurtunity to go to church and SUNDAYS is just one of the days, except you are on essential duty in your work place or an adventist who prefers Saturday.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Rawblings(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
No. But it's important. When you goto church and listen to the word of God, the glory in your life increases. As you the leave the church building, you leave with a greater glory than you came with. It also happens when you meditate on the word of God.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Olasco93: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Am not judging anybody, but i think anyone who truly knows the Importance and Essence of a Church (A bible teaching church) will not ask this question. Mind you a church is not the Four-Walls you see, but a ''Gathering of Saints'' that is 'Sons/Daughters' of the Most High according to the Bible... Let's go for a commercial break!
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Swaggzkid: 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
adepeter26:

Its good to go to Church on sUndAys
Addition to the colored.
Some equally go to church so as to fulfill all sunday obligations. *inferiority complex*

If their colleagues ask "did u go to church today"? The won't feel inferior & kindly reply YES

You right bru
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by ladyF(f): 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
seaga:

Because. ...because because. .., it's better I PM you
Alas...
lol I can't access PMs, can't remember password.

Type am here na grin
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Clakyvip: 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
SpencerLewis:

That commandment was made to the Jews. Thank the most high i'm not a Jew.
To me as a Christian, the old testament shd be abolished.
The devil is a cunny creature, he is powerful...he is full of deciet, we have to be careful not to fall...
Are u saying he abolished the whole old testament, the whole 10 commandment,
Where did he tell u he has abolished the law,
Are u saying i can bow down for graven image or commit adultery... Pls lets rest our bible n dnt make assumption... He wrote the 10 commandments himself through Moses...on the stone. He never abolished any of it. God bless u sir.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Mabelenena(f): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Tell me the name of a church during the existence of your imaginary Jesus Christ.

Wake up from your sleep.
Religion is a scam
Addicted2Women:
[color=#990000]Tell me the name of a church during the existence of your imaginary Jesus Christ.

Wake up from your sleep.
Religion is a scam
[/color]
Addicted2Women:
Tell me the name of a church during the existence of your imaginary Jesus Christ.

Wake up from your sleep.
Religion is a scam
NO IT IS U THAT IS THE SCAM mtchwww....
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Addicted2Women: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Mabelenena:
[color=#006600][/color] NO IT IS U THAT IS THE SCAM mtchwww....

I know i be scam.
It wasn't my fault i failed to give your mother the 200 naira i promised her after fuccking her.
I will pay her double the money next time i will fucck your father.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Royalsettle: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
Sorry to say! U ar nt a Christian
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Kbraims(m): 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Check wat d scriptures have to say abt it
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by cbsnwa: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
No de bible says on sabbath day which is saturday not sunday, [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Mabelenena(f): 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Addicted2Women:

I know i be scam.
It wasn't my fault i failed to give your mother the 200 naira i promised her after fuccking her.
I will pay her double the money next time i will fucck your father.

THATS Y I SAID U ARE A SCAM.! EWU KEEP FUCKING EVERYTHING U C TILL U DIE DHARRR....
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by Mike008(m): 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
This position could be inferred as I cannot point to any express provision in the Bible charging Christians to go to church compulsorily. But what we must know is that, church is very necessary as it helps you to know God and establish a relationship with him.
The Bible charges us in the 10 Commandments to remember the sabbath day and keep it holy. According to the 6 chief commandments of this includes hearing mass and resting from servile works (In the case of Catholics). This however emphasizes the importance of going to Church every sunday as it is one of the ways of keeping it holy.
But just like every other commandment, God allows us the free will to do or not to do. And so it behooves on us Christians to keep Gods commandments so as to reap eternal rewards.
Going to church is very necessary but not compulsory as exigent factors like ill health may prevent one from going to church.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by seaga: 5:51am On Jan 11, 2016
ladyF:

Type am here na grin

Yeah I know, read it on your profile. But you re not serious about it
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by WafiJoe(m): 7:50am On Jan 11, 2016
Swaggzkid:
Op the answer is No.

why I say no is because to my understanding the bible didn't say we should be going to church every Sunday, But rather keep the Sabbath day holy.

You worship God in spirit and in truth, so what am tryna say in essence is that, if you stay at home on a Sunday, reading and meditating the word of God. Not just that, but practice and remember what you read vividly.

If you do like I have stated here, guy I bet you will be better than all these church goers . Some people go to church just to be seen in their new starched material by ladies and opposite sex. while some to charge phone. All na curses them dey gather lol.

I hope say my comment made sense.

How can you love God and you wish not to go to church? It's not compulsory but if you love Him, you'll want to go to His house not just Sundays but as often as you can. I don't blame some of you though, some churches are not just encouraging, almost a waste of time.
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by ladyF(f): 8:15am On Jan 11, 2016
seaga:

Yeah I know, read it on your profile. But you re not serious about it
cry
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by seaga: 2:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
ladyF:

cry

Not to worry I can help get it back
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by joshfire(m): 2:00am On Jan 12, 2016
Jadonjack:

And what makes you think all church goer are believers?!

My point is meant to guid thoss who are confuse about going or not going to church.not those who goes with diffreint motives
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by seaga: 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2016
ladyF:

Type am here na grin

Still want to know
Re: Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? by ladyF(f): 7:22am On Jan 19, 2016
seaga:

Still want to know
type an here na...I really can't access my PMs cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / How Virginity Can Qualify You For Special Favours / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.