Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? (2475 Views)

Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / #esuisnotsatan: Èṣù Is Not Satan Or Devil – Spread The Word (video) / Saudi Arabia 2015: Stoning The Devil Or Devil Stoning Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oloriooko(m): 8:47am On Jan 10, 2016
Its a troubling question these days
The Christianity we practise these depict conflicting reasons as to who to fear more; God or devil?

Who do you fear more and why?
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by iceberylin(m): 8:48am On Jan 10, 2016
Fear who can kill both the soul and Body...

Devil is a Fuçked up nigga.

5 Likes

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by funnynation(m): 8:52am On Jan 10, 2016
I fear the G...
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 10, 2016
If a person has a God, devil don't exist at all... cool

1 Like

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2016
oloriooko:
Its a troubling question these days
The Christianity we practise these depict conflicting reasons as to who to fear more; God or devil?

Who do you fear more?
You don't know what you are practising. It's definitely not Christianity. If you claim it is, then you don't know what you're doing to be asking this question.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Guliver(m): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2016
t a terrible tin 2 fall n d hand of God

1 Like

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by duullie88(m): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Fear God...bt stay clear of the devil
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 8:57am On Jan 10, 2016
Since you mentioned Christianity it is obvious you are referring to the Christian yahweh..

So check this: when you have a God who allegedly drowns everything both men, women, babies world wide because they didn't turn the way he wanted, murdered all of sodom and gomorrah not minding the children.

Sends bears to maul 42 children for calling a bald man bald, orders the death of people who are homosexual, worships other gods, disobeys priests, are not virgins.

blames you for something you know nothing about, murders his son to appease his own ego, loves the smell of burnt flesh.

I wonder why you need to imagine up a devil when you have a God like that

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oloriooko(m): 9:06am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

You don't know what you are practising. It's definitely not Christianity. If you claim it is, then you don't know what you're doing to be asking this question.

Just answer the question and stop showing yourself jare angry
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oloriooko(m): 9:08am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Since you mentioned Christianity it is obvious you are referring to the Christian yahweh..

So check this: when you have a God who allegedly drowns everything both men, women, babies world wide because they didn't turn the way he wanted, murdered all of sodom and gomorrah not minding the children.

Sends bears to maul 42 children for calling a bald man bald, orders the death of people who are homosexual, worships other gods, disobeys priests, are not virgins.

blames you for something you know nothing about, murders his son to appease his own ego, loves the smell of burnt flesh.

So what you saying is to fear the Almighty God and that the devil is not a factor abi?
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Why are you bent on denying God's existence when everything around you is telling you that he exists? Why are you forcing yourself to deny your creator's existence? Read Romans 1:19-32 if you really care.

1 Like

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 9:17am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:
Why are you bent on denying God's existence when everything around you is telling you that he exists? Why are you forcing yourself to deny your creator's existence? Read Romans 1:19-32 if you really care.
Isn't it remarkable how you are here defending a jewish deity at the same time denying the existence of other God concepts including the ones found in your own historical root.

If you find out the reason why you disbelieve these other God claims then you will find out the reason i don't believe yours.

All are baseless unfounded assumptions that relies on your Faith other than facts for foundation..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oloriooko(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Isn't it remarkable how you are here defending a jewish deity at the same time denying the existence of other God concepts including the ones found in your own historical root.

If you find out the reason why you disbelieve these other God claims then you will find out the reason i don't believe yours.

All are baseless unfounded assumptions that relies on your Faith other than facts for foundation..

O boy too much grammar don erase your sense of reasoning cheesy
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2016
oloriooko:

So what you saying is to fear the Almighty God and that the devil is not a factor abi?
You have all the time in the world to figure it out..

By the way i do not believe anything is to be feared only understood let alone adding imaginary things to the list..

Find out the reason why FEAR should be used as a basis to coerce you into the belief of this almighty God..

Anything that relies on such to coerce people into submission is not far from being a lie

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2016
oloriooko:

O boy too much grammar don erase your sense of reasoning cheesy
hahahahahaha i wonder
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Dear, I don't disbelieve/believe other God claims. I simply don't care about other God claims. I believe in the only God that exists. People are free to think as they want. I don't fight their ideology because I have grown to learn about this one true God by myself. Forget about believing/disbelieving other people's God concepts. Know God YOURSELF first!
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
You have all the time in the world to figure it out..

By the way i do not believe anything is to be feared only understood let alone adding imaginary things to the list..

Find out the reason why FEAR should be used as a basis to coerce you into the belief of this almighty God..

Anything that relies on such to coerce people into submission is not far from being a lie
FEAR is NOT the basis of believing. Damn, you really need to wake up friend.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 10, 2016
when u fear either of them... then it is ur fears u are worshipping... and not the god.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oglalasioux(m): 9:31am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Seconded.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

Dear, I don't disbelieve/believe other God claims. I simply don't care about other God claims. I believe in the only God that exists. People are free to think as they want. I don't fight their ideology because I have grown to learn about this one true God by myself. Forget about believing/disbelieving other people's God concepts. Know God YOURSELF first!
You see you are not getting the point..

The same way you think you have the true God (belief) is the same way others think they do too..

this is just what it is; Belief.

Others think you got the wrong God too and theirs is the true and rightful God, so you still have nothing..

Believing anything does not make it true not even in the least sense..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 9:33am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

FEAR is NOT the basis of believing. Damn, you really need to wake up friend.
Gee really? Now start reading the thread again

1 Like

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 10, 2016
krattoss:
when u fear either of them... then it is ur fears u are worshipping... and not the god.
Another one comes. Kratos, fear here doesn't mean we should be afraid or believe because we fear consequences of not believing. FEAR means " a feeling of respect and wonder for something
very powerful." other dictionaries say "a reverential awe for God".... NOT that kind of cowardly fear you guys may be thinking of.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oglalasioux(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2016
Is there a God and a Devil in the sense religions teach them? The answer is NO! If there is an underlying power behind the universe, I'll say YES! But to teach a God that has given the devil a free hand since the garden of Eden is making nonsense of that very God.

A God that deliberately planted a bad tree in the middle of the garden and gave the devil the leverage to tempt man and then excuse everything bad in the world to eating the fruit of that tree is a very big laugh.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

Another one comes. Kratos, fear here doesn't mean we should be afraid or believe because we fear consequences of not believing. FEAR means " a feeling of respect and wonder for something
very powerful." other dictionaries say "a reverential awe for God".... NOT that kind of cowardly fear you guys may be thinking of.
so u fear Yahweh that burns his own creatures in hell for not believing in him?
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
You see you are not getting the point..

The same way you think you have the true God (belief) is the same way others think they do too..

this is just what it is; Belief.

Others think you got the wrong God too and theirs is the true and rightful God, so you still have nothing..

Believing anything does not make it true not even in the least sense..

To experience God,
1.Believe He exists
2. He seeks the good of those who sincerely seek him.

Others may think of what they like, it's really NOT your business. It is theirs. Your business is to seek this God for YOURSELF. I'm not telling you to believe in anyone's God. The truth is that there is ONLY one God. Different beliefs does NOT change that. I'm telling you to let yourself experience him and stop allowing OTHERS different views to STOP you from seeking the divine path!
Try and read Rom 1:19-32 as I told you.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
Is there a God and a Devil in the sense religions teach them? The answer is NO! If there is an underlying power behind the universe, I'll say YES! But to teach a God that has given the devil a free hand since the garden of Eden is making nonsense of that very God.

A God that deliberately planted a bad tree in the middle of the garden and gave the devil the leverage to tempt man and then excuse everything bad in the world to eating the fruit of that tree is a very big laugh.

I thought you said you were a Christian. You see you've just exposed yourself. I was right. A true Christian won't ask this question. By the way, to correct your reasoning, what happened in the garden of eden was allegorical. It has deeper meanings that do not lie on the surface.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by allanphash7(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2016
Since i have johnydon22 here on this thread i have nothing to comment again cos i know he have said and will still say it alll

I live without fear anyway

1 Like

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 10, 2016
Since both of them don't exist in the real world but figment of imagination, then technically Fear creates spiritual paralysis and the only way to combat that pressure is seeking wisdom to get knowledge of self.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 10, 2016
allanphash7:
Since i have johnydon22 here on this thread i have nothing to comment again cos i know he have said and will still say it alll

I live without fear anyway

So you don't have a say of your own and you follow people around who say there is no God?? Shame on you. At least these people have a stand of their own, you are merely a follower without a conviction that arises from deep within you.
Better change and stop being a follower.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 10:01am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

To experience God,
1.Believe He exists
This is the most ridiculous thing you will ever assert about something that supposedly is an existential entity..

why don't you believe the sun exist?

something that is evidently existential do not need to be believed because it will be obviously clear..

Belief means uncertainty but agreement none the less.

You and i do not believe the sun exists, we KNOW it does.. we are certain of it then why should the existentiality of God be based on belief.

(This is another way of saying "Imagine he exists) anything can exist in your MIND if you believe it.. Common just try it.. Believe Unicorns exists ..

Lets throw away the idea of uncertainty swallowed as beliefs and try to find things out

2. He seeks the good of those who sincerely seek him.
Others may think of what they like, it's really NOT your business. It is theirs. Your business is to seek this God for YOURSELF. I'm not telling you to believe in anyone's God. The truth is that there is ONLY one God. Different beliefs does NOT change that. I'm telling you to let yourself experience him and stop allowing OTHERS different views to STOP you from seeking the divine path!
Try and read Rom 1:19-32 as I told you.
Here we go

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2016
aaronson:
Since both of them don't exist in the real world but figment of imagination, then technically Fear creates spiritual paralysis and the only way to combat that pressure is seeking wisdom to get knowledge of self.
Get a dictionary and check out the definitions of the word 'FEAR'. Fear(Reverence) of God doesn't cause spiritual paralysis. After seeking all the self knowledge myself, I found out that in God lies my identity and full knowledge of self not by physical efforts to attain any useless knowledge.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

I thought you said you were a Christian. You see you've just exposed yourself. I was right. A true Christian won't ask this question. By the way, to correct your reasoning, what happened in the garden of eden was allegorical. It has deeper meanings that do not lie on the surface.
You have just revealed to us the true nature of a true christian which is "Just be a robot" who agrees with what ever is thrown at you without questions.

Anything that discourages Questions and doubts is dangerous to human intellect

Oh it was allegorical that means Jesus died for an allegory and this makes everything behind Christianity theology allegorical

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware, Athiesm Can Lead You To Kill Yourself / Religion is confusing me. / Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.