Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:50 PM

God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? (2496 Views)

Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / #esuisnotsatan: Èṣù Is Not Satan Or Devil – Spread The Word (video) / Saudi Arabia 2015: Stoning The Devil Or Devil Stoning Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by allanphash7(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2016
I still wont reply to your comment

You need to read my earlier post once again and digest

Peace
ikenigel:

So you don't have a say of your own and you follow people around who say there is no God?? Shame on you. At least these people have a stand of their own, you are merely a follower without a conviction that arises from deep within you.
Better change and stop being a follower.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

Get a dictionary and check out the definitions of the word 'FEAR'. Fear(Reverence) of God doesn't cause spiritual paralysis. After seeking all the self knowledge myself, I found out that in God lies my identity and full knowledge of self not by physical efforts to attain any useless knowledge.
This is the best part of your ignorance exhibition...."Full knowledge of self not by physical efforts to attain any USELESS KNOWLEDGE" I give up on you!!!
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
This is the most ridiculous thing you will ever assert about something that supposedly is an existential entity..

why don't you believe the sun exist?

something that is evidently existential do not need to be believed because it will be obviously clear..

Belief means uncertainty but agreement none the less.

You and i do not believe the sun exists, we KNOW it does.. we are certain of it then why should the existentiality of God be based on belief.

(This is another way of saying "Imagine he exists) anything can exist in your MIND if you believe it.. Common just try it.. Believe Unicorns exists ..

Lets throw away the idea of uncertainty swallowed as beliefs and try to find thingd out

Here we go
Why do you believe your date of birth? Why do you believe your parents are really your parents and they love you? Why do you believe someone loves you or hates you? You claim that by seeing something like the Sun, you don't need to believe. God is not an object that you will experience with your senses. There are things that will make you delve into uncertainty so you can find your certainty.
Please, just read that quotation.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 10, 2016
aaronson:
This is the best part of your ignorance exhibition...."Full knowledge of self not by physical efforts to attain any USELESS KNOWLEDGE" I give up on you!!!
hahaha
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 10, 2016
allanphash7:
I still wont reply to your comment

You need to read my earlier post once again and digest

Peace
Peace too.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 10:22am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:
Why do you believe your date of birth?
You see the problem is that my birth day is not an entity but just a human concept of time.. Likening this to God shows defence just got cheaper..

How is it so that you believe the existence of a supposedly existential entity the same way you believe human concepts..

does this reveal this entity is actually just a concept?

Why do you believe your parents are really your parents and they love you?
Lmao.. And i an supposed to start teaching another DNA calibration.. this is not a belief... I am not paid for this..

Why do you believe someone loves you or hates you?
Another human concept

You claim that by seeing something like the Sun, you don't need to believe.
God is not an object that you will experience with your senses. There are things that will make you delve into uncertainty so you can find your certainty.
Please, just read that quotation.
Since you have now asserted that this supposedly existential entity is elusive to our perception then surely sir you have just murdered your own thesis.

Every human experience is rooted in our perception, so there is no way you can ever discern there is such a thing since it is elusive to your perception.

The only way you could conjure such up is by assuming since in actuality you don't really know and you said it yourself that is is beyond human perception.

the same you that claims something is above human perception claims to be having a personal relationship with that thing.. Contradiction galore..

since you have established God is above human perception, i see no reason why you should then assume it up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
You see the problem is that my birth day is not an entity but just a human concept of time.. Likening this to God shows defence just got cheaper..

How is it so that you believe the existence of a supposedly existential entity the same way you believe human concepts..

does this reveal this entity is actually just a concept?

Lmao.. And i an supposed to start teaching another DNA calibration.. this is not a belief... I am not paid for this..
Another human concept

Since you have now asserted that this supposedly existential entity is elusive to our perception then surely sir you have just murdered your own thesis.

Every human experience is rooted in our perception, so there is no way you can ever discern there is such a thing since it is elusive to your perception.

The only way you could conjure such up is by assuming since in actuality you don't really know and you said it yourself that is is beyond human perception.

the same you that claims something is above human perception claims to be having a personal relationship with that thing.. Contradiction galore..

since you have established God is above human perception, i see no reason why you should then assume it up
By *senses* I mean physical senses of sight, smell, touch, taste ....... There are spiritual senses of perception which I'm sure you're not aware of. As you please. God help you. Someday, you will look beyond what you see.
Champion of the atheists, you should be clapping for yourself. Within your mind, you have this joy derived from trying very hard to make humans believe that God doesn't exist and it suits your ego.. Well, enjoy the feeling while it lasts. You will soon find that thing you are looking for. I pray that God's wrath will not come upon you but open your eyes to truth through some means. God forgive you man.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:
By *senses* I mean physical senses of sight, smell, touch, taste ....... There are spiritual senses of perception which I'm sure you're not aware of. As you please. God help you. Someday, you will look beyond what you see.
And this spiritual senses as you put it is also relative to the physical sense because there is no way you can ever remember or discern things perceived by such senses with this physical senses if it is independent

And since this spiritual senses is also subjected to the physical senses for interpretation and deduction it betrays it to also be a product of the physical sense..

You still have nothing, just chew the cud of your own assumptions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
And this spiritual senses as you put it is also relative to the physical sense because there is no way you can ever remember or discern things perceived by such senses with this physical senses if it is independent

And since this spiritual senses is also subjected to the physical senses for interpretation and deduction it betrays it to also be a product of the physical sense..

You still have nothing, just chew the cud of your own assumptions
The SPIRITUAL is NEVER subject to the PHYSICAL. The Physical is subject to the Spiritual and ruled by it. Always remember that. Keep enjoying the heightened sense of ego you derive from denying God. You cannot perceive God because your physical senses rule you. It has completely obscured your mind. Until you awaken it and drop your assumption of 'no-God'... You're likely to remain the same.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

The SPIRITUAL is NEVER subject to the PHYSICAL. The Physical is subject to the Spiritual and ruled by it. Always remember that. Keep enjoying the heightened sense of ego you derive from denying God.
Hahahaha you only reversed the order and put Spiritual before Physical..

Now that it has been shown this your claim of a spiritual sense is relative to the one you term physical now we can certainly discern that this a case of one feeding on the emotionality of his beliefs claiming a heightened sense of perception.

You still have nothing but claims.. I do not deny things that are factual, only things uncertain in their basis and relies on faith as a basis.

I also disbelieve the existence of a flying unicorn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Hahahaha you only reversed the order and put Spiritual before Physical..

Now that it has been shown this your claim of a physical sense is relative to the one you term physical now we can certainly discern that this a case of one feeding on the emotionality of his beliefs claiming a heightened sense of perception.

You still have nothing but claims.. I do not deny things that are factual, only things uncertain in their basis and relies on faith as a basis.

I also disbelieve the existence of a flying unicorn
If you have a bible just read Rom 1:19-32 You could Google it. I have no more to say.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:
If you have a bible just read Rom 1:19-32 You could Google it. I have no more to say.
hahahahahaha Ok.. Now will you please read the Agulu eri chapter 2 : 1 -10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
hahahahahaha Ok.. Now will you please read the Agulu eri chapter 2 : 1 -10
Sure thing bro. Read that quotation. Make sure you read it. Just try.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:
Sure thing bro. Read that quotation. Make sure you read it. Just try.
Lol.. wonder what you people take us for, People who haven't read the bible before.

Biblical Quotations is not exactly same as facts please don't mistake the two.. those quotations are just same babble of claims as you have been spewing here..

Know this today in terms of future reference, it is ridiculous to quote the bible to someone who doubts your faith..

This is like me quoting LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R Tolkien to show you Gandalf exists.

Anyway call me when you have a biblical quotation with an Igbo name on top or one addressing the Igbo people and not the Romans bro.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by frank317: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

The SPIRITUAL is NEVER subject to the PHYSICAL. The Physical is subject to the Spiritual and ruled by it. Always remember that. Keep enjoying the heightened sense of ego you derive from denying God. You cannot perceive God because your physical senses rule you. It has completely obscured your mind. Until you awaken it and drop your assumption of 'no-God'... You're likely to remain the same.

Nonsensical gibberish. You dont even have knowledge of simple important things around you now u are talking about spiritual mumbo jumbo like a magician. Mixing words does not usually make sense to the listener just the speaker.

U know nothing of spiritual. U are a physical being and have absolutely no knowledge of the spiritual. Anything u say about the spiritual is still the physical in play. U are just a confused being.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Lol.. wonder what you people take us for, People who haven't read the bible before.

Biblical Quotations is not exactly same as facts please don't mistake the two.. those quotations are just same babble of claims as you have been spewing here..

Know this today in terms of future reference, it is ridiculous to quote the bible to someone who doubts your faith..

This is like me quoting LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R Tolkien to show you Gandalf exists.

Anyway call me when you have a biblical quotation with an Igbo name on top or one addressing the Igbo people and not the Romans bro.
The quotation is not a babble of claims to show you God exists. It contains a vital piece of information that you need to grasp. Personally, I don't mind reading anything from anywhere that will increase my knowledge irrespective of it's source. The quotation is not to show you that anything exists but for you to understand something.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
frank317:

Nonsensical gibberish. You dont even have knowledge of simple important things around you now u are talking about spiritual mumbo jumbo like a magician. Mixing words does not usually make sense to the listener just the speaker.

U know nothing of spiritual. U are a physical being and have absolutely no knowledge of the spiritual. Anything u say about the spiritual is still the physical in play. U are just a confused being.
Channel your hateful energy to somewhere else. I refuse to buy it.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oglalasioux(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

I thought you said you were a Christian. You see you've just exposed yourself. I was right. A true Christian won't ask this question. By the way, to correct your reasoning, what happened in the garden of eden was allegorical. It has deeper meanings that do not lie on the surface.

Check my profile and my posts. There's no where I claimed to profess to any religion. I'm not a christian, thanks. Secondly your garden of Eden allegory; can you expatiate more on it? I'll like to learn.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oloriooko(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
angry angry angry
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by menesheh(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Quotations with igbo name will be manageable.

funny cheesy cheesy
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:

Check my profile and my posts. There's no where I claimed to profess to any religion. I'm not a christian, thanks. Secondly your garden of Eden allegory; can you expatiate more on it? I'll like to learn.
I'm sorry about that. I thought it was the OP.
As for the allegory, I have to be certain you are ready to grasp it. Do you believe In God?
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
menesheh:

Quotations with igbo name will be manageable.

funny cheesy cheesy
[b]When people are at a lost in defending their inconsistencies they tend to conjure up more absurd assumptions in that regard.

Just as my brother was unable to explain his undying knowledge of the existentiality of God, he first claims it is beyond human perception in order to shield it from the probing of that sense.

But yet it created a problem of How he got to know when such subject eludes human perception of which he is one..

He threw in the Spiritual Sense.. What does that mean, he cannot tell.

Still yet it falls to order that this spiritual sense is not independent of the physical sense as the effects of this spiritual sense can still be perceived by the physical sense..

that is how he got to know about God with his physical sense even though he perceived it with his spiritual sense.. people never cease to amaze me with the type of ludicrous squabble they conjure up in defence of a laughable avowal.

So Spirit sense perceives God ---> Physical sense interprets that (remember it should be evasive to the physical sense) -----> then that is how he has a personal relationship with God.

Can you now see? This just confirms this he is simply having a personal relationship with his imaginations baptized spiritual sense
[/b]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]When people are at a lost in defending their inconsistencies they tend to conjure up more absurd assumptions in that regard.

Just as my brother was unable to explain his undying knowledge of the existentiality of God, he first claims it is beyond human perception in order to shield it from the probing of that sense.

But yet it created a problem of How he got to know when such subject eludes human perception of which he is one..

He threw in the Spiritual Sense.. What does that mean, he cannot tell.

Still yet it falls to order that this spiritual sense is not independent of the physical sense as the effects of this spiritual sense can still be perceived by the physical sense..

that is how he got to know about God with his physical sense even though he perceived it with his spiritual sense.. people never cease to amaze me with the type of ludicrous squabble they conjure up in defence of a laughable avowal.

So Spirit sense perceives God ---> Physical sense interprets that (remember it should be evasive to the physical sense) -----> then that is how he has a personal relationship with God.

Can you now see? This just confirms this he is simply having a personal relationship with his imaginations baptized spiritual sense
[/b]
Clap for yourself. Will ya?
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
So this atheist lives in 042? Bia nwokem, kee syd GI? Emene, New Haven, Abakpa, Independence Layout, Gariki, Okpara ave, Obiagu?? Ebee ka I no?
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:
So this atheist lives in 042? Bia nwokem, kee syd GI? Emene, New Haven, Abakpa, Independence Layout, Gariki, Okpara ave, Obiagu?? Ebee ka I no?
Abum nwa abakpa my brother... Ibu nwa 042 kwa? I see you just took a peek on my profile wink
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oglalasioux(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

I'm sorry about that. I thought it was the OP.
As for the allegory, I have to be certain you are ready to grasp it. Do you believe In God?

I strongly believe in God. But not in the sense portrayed by religions. The universe has got a purpose. We are here for a reason.

1 Like

Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
Abum nwa abakpa my brother... Ibu nwa 042 kwa? I see you just took a peek on my profile wink
Haha.. you may living next to me and I don't even know. You come naira land come dey form atheist. Ugbene, liberty, last bus stop, afia 4, Texaco, Umuchigbo? Ebee nwanne?
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:

I strongly believe in God. But not in the sense portrayed by religions. The universe has got a purpose. We are here for a reason.
Of course we have a purpose. That purpose is to make our own CHOICES. We are all here for that reason. As you can see, there are always two opposing sides on every thing; God-believers/Atheists, Determinism/FreeWill, Light/Darkness, Love/Hate. And you will see very strong reasons to join any sides. You will have to ultimately decide given the vast arguments and claims from either side. The two sides will always be there and will keep arguing. But, the battle is for you to make YOUR OWN CHOICE. You will have to choose which side you belong or even stay neutral which is another choice. The allegory behind that story centers around your CHOICE. I want you to do more research on your own. If you keep this state of mind about God's existence, you will understand the deeper meanings.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

Haha.. you may living next to me and I don't even know. You come naira land come dey form atheist.
hahahahaha Atheism is not determined by geographical location... I don't form, i am sorely an agnostic atheist in and outside nairaland

Ugbene, liberty, last bus stop, afia 4, Texaco, Umuchigbo? Ebee nwanne?
Ugbo-paul oo... Just #30 keke from Texaco on the way going to abakpa girls... You na alobam na... nwannem dalu
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
hahahahaha Atheism is not determined by geographical location... I don't form, i am sorely an agnostic atheist in and outside nairaland

Ugbo-paul oo... Just #30 keke from Texaco on the way going to abakpa girls... You na alobam na... nwannem dalu
Hehehe... Mehn pasa n'ogbe! Might pay you a surprise visit this year.
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by johnydon22(m): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

Hehehe... Mehn pasa n'ogbe! Might pay you a surprise visit this year.
Udo gba shoe nwannem
Re: God Or Devil: Who Should Be Feared More? by oglalasioux(m): 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
ikenigel:

Of course we have a purpose. That purpose is to make our own CHOICES. We are all here for that reason. As you can see, there are always two opposing sides on every thing; God-believers/Atheists, Determinism/FreeWill, Light/Darkness, Love/Hate. The two sides will always be there and will keep arguing. But, the battle is for you to make YOUR OWN CHOICE. You will have to choose which side you belong or even stay neutral which is another choice. The allegory behind that story centers around your CHOICE. I want you to do more research on your own. If you keep this state of mind, you will understand the deeper meanings.

Thanks. There are no deeper meanings. It's clear. Making choices has two dimensions. One is a choice that concerns someone alone. The second part is the one that concerns the society and therefore every one of us on earth. I can chose not to believe in the Islamic or christian God. It's my business. If I start bombing and maiming people to follow my belief or use my belief to dupe people then it's everybody's business.

I can make my choices according to how you divided them. If that choice I make concerns other people then no one can remain neutral.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Praise Jesus!!!!!!! God Just Picked Up My Call (pictures) / Proof That God Exists / Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.