Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. (9170 Views)

Apc’s Lawyer Beaten, Arrested And Car Impounded At Enugu Governorship Tribunal / Bomb Blast At Kano Motorpark Leaves Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Pictures Of The Contents Of The Russian Plane Impounded At Kano Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by moneygurl: 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2009
A plane load of arms and Ammunition was today seized at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport , (MAKIA) by security agents.

The consignment is believed to be meant for the Militant in the Niger Delta.

The white and Red striped cargo plane, a Russian made Fokker series marked UR call was said to have left Ukraine for Equitorial Guinea, and made a technical landing at MAKIA at about 2am.

When unsuspecting security agent swooped on the plane for a routine search they discovered arms and ammunition concealed in 18crates.

The pilot, his four-man crew and a clearing agent are being held over the seizure.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/7059/1/NEWS-UPDATE-Plane-load-of-arms-impounded-at-Kano-Airport/Page1.html

MEND must be getting low on arms.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by OgidiBoy(m): 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
It's really sad to see how the west dumps arms on Africa for use to kill ourselves. I guess the manufactures and sellers on these weapons don't care who gets killed as long as they making their profits.

1 Like

Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by Bialegend(m): 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
OgidiBoy:

It's really sad to see how the west dumps arms on Africa for use to kill ourselves. I guess the manufactures and sellers on these weapons don't care who gets killed as long as they making their profits.
Africans manufactured arms and killed each other with the arms even before Europeans set foot on African continent, so stop whining. Europeans manufacture better quality arms, that's the difference.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by bombay: 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2009
Please i want to buy a bomboy grin
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by blackspade(m): 12:23am On Jun 18, 2009
OgidiBoy:

[size=18pt]+1[/size]
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by OgidiBoy(m): 2:08am On Jun 18, 2009
Bialegend:

Africans manufactured arms and killed each other with the arms even before Europeans set foot on African continent, so stop whining. Europeans manufacture better quality arms, that's the difference.

Dude I'm not whining, believe what you want for all I care. That's right before the Europeans set foot in Africa as you said we had AK 47 just growing on tress right.

1 Like

Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by tpiah: 2:30am On Jun 18, 2009
Taliban in the north. Taliban in the south.

Jesu Kristi.

O lord how long before you show your hand and scatter Your enemies.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by mamagee3(f): 2:42am On Jun 18, 2009
Is this a joke or what?
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by jamace(m): 6:41am On Jun 18, 2009
Hmmmm. Not a palatable news at all. sad
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by oloyeagba1: 7:07am On Jun 18, 2009
Tompolo escaped to Ukraine. Ukrainian plane loaded with ammunition arrived from Ukraine.

MEND is a criminal organization that have zero to do with struggle with fair resources control.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by oyinda3(f): 7:23am On Jun 18, 2009
OgidiBoy:

seconded

1 Like

Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by superboi(m): 7:53am On Jun 18, 2009
it not possible for fokker planes to be made in russian, this news papers sef
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by biola44: 8:14am On Jun 18, 2009
OgidiBoy:

its called bisuness, since africa has refused 2 live her life d west would live it 4 her!!!
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2009
folks ignore the equatorial guinea crap

they should look into whether Shekarua is behind this.

Remember, the Amunition used by Tompolo's boys were made in Ukraine

And when there were speculations that Tompolo had left Nigeria where did they say he surfaced? U-K-R-A-I-N-E!!!!!!
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by ElRazur: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Are you stupid? How is UKRAINE the WEST? Funny enough, other stupid people have jumped on the band wagon agreeing with you.

If you cannot differentiate between WEST and EAST then you and others should not be commenting on news like this.

Finally, there is no single proof that this is meant for Niger Delta. Other than what was reported. For all we know, it could be bullshi.t.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by JJYOU: 11:11am On Jun 18, 2009
news @ 10 sponsored by federal ministry of propaganda, kaduna.

na only arms dey land for kano?

arant nonsense. make them show us the one dem hide for zaria and sokoto
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by GeorgeD1(m): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2009
Now the Good Lord has started exposing their supply route.
They will surely fail.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by emilyone(f): 11:18am On Jun 18, 2009
there is doubt about it, those ammunitions belongs to those northers

they are loosers! bent on destroying the nation

1 Like

Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by Kx: 11:21am On Jun 18, 2009
I dont think so,MEND reenforcement could nt have
gone to Kano of all places technical reasons or not.

The shipment is for the north period.
They are only giving a dog a bad name,
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by ElRazur: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2009
emilyone:

there is [no] doubt about it, those ammunitions belongs to those northers

they are loosers! bent on destroying the nation

Another stupid comment. Where is the conclusive proof? If you have no doubt whatsoever, where is the proof to this?

It sucks when your average Nigerian cant think. To imagine people like you may end up holding a public office is scary.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2009
wat kind of sheep brain are all this posters, plane landed in kano due to TECHNICAL FAULT, which fault? it was heading to equitorial guinea, STORY! how come there was a clearing agent on ground, security agent not in the know impounded that plane, and made it public, dat plane was destined for the north,  of all the airport to land, no airport for south to land , it is in kano, my friends u people should wake up!!
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by prommy(f): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2009
i dont believe that mend will send their weapon to kano.ASK MR GOVERNOR IF THE XTIANS ARE SAFE.INFACT WE NEED TO START PRAYING OR PACKING OUR KAYA.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by ElRazur: 11:32am On Jun 18, 2009
People. Please let us engage logical sense here. Most of the post been made so far is just no asking the right questions. How come a major gun burst as claimed by the report, comprises of only 6 lines? Come on, no names, no interview and no comment from officers working on the case?

The report is questionable, and if true then it is a diabolical journalism.

I am calling bullshi.t on the whole story. Do we have any other site reporting this story?
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by asha80(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2009
ElRazur:

People. Please let us engage logical sense here. Most of the post been made so far is just no asking the right questions. How come a major gun burst as claimed by the report, comprises of only 6 lines? Come on, no names, no interview and no comment from officers working on the case?

[b]I am calling bullshi.t on the whole story. Do we have any other site reporting this story?
[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/18/plane-loaded-with-arms-seized-in-kano/#comments

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=146412

http://www.tribune.com.ng/18062009/news/news1.html
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by OYBMEND: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2009
ElRazur:

I am calling bullshi.t on the whole story. Do we have any other site reporting this story?

Its also on BBC.

So where does Hisbah of Kano get the Amunitions they use to oppress there own people.

Anybody who believe's the plane is headed for Equitorial Guinea will believe anything.

This shipment is for Hisbah of kano in preparation for 2011

Instead working hard to earn the people's trust, they are acquiring weapons.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by MrCrackles(m): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2009
Wow!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by ElRazur: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2009
asha 80:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/18/plane-loaded-with-arms-seized-in-kano/#comments

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=146412

http://www.tribune.com.ng/18062009/news/news1.html

Thisdayonline and Nigeriantribune made a better report on the matter than the original link.

From what I see here, all reports suggest we have a plane with weapons. Period. Yet we have seen all sort of speculation outside what is been reported - weapons meant for mend etc. It sucks when simple reports are just poorly treated and reported.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by ElRazur: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2009
OYB_MEND:

Its also on BBC.

So where does Hisbah of Kano get the Amunitions they use to oppress there own people.

Anybody who believe's the plane is headed for Equitorial Guinea will believe anything.

This shipment is for Hisbah of kano in preparation for 2011

Instead working hard to earn the people's trust, they are acquiring weapons.

But we really do not know any of this. This is all speculation at best.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by asha80(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2009
Elrazur so what do you think?
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by Tudor6(f): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2009
Good,good. . . .we need moret guns in nigeria. Even politicians have more guns than the armed forces.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by ElRazur: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
asha 80:

Elrazur so what do you think?

A plane with weapons on board made a stop at Nigeria's soil. Weapons found and question is been asked.

On the other side, speculative reports are flying about. Report that could potentially lead to more tension with the already fragile tension within ethnics group.

Those are my thoughts on the whole thing.
Re: Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. by presido1: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
Elrazur

Slow your rolls b4 you wound yourself. Is anybody fighting with you? Calling everybody idiot makes you no better person dude.
Comment on the topic at hand and leave others to their opinion.

df2006:

wat kind of sheep brain are all this posters, plane landed in kano due to TECHNICAL FAULT, which fault? it was heading to equitorial guinea, STORY! how come there was a clearing agent on ground, security agent not in the know impounded that plane, and made it public, dat plane was destined for the north,  of all the airport to land, no airport for south to land , it is in kano, my friends u people should wake up!!
The highlighted is the crux of the whole matter. Is the Clearing Agent from EG or nigeria and which Clearing Company is he working for. If actually a plane was impounded it has nothing to do with ND. How did they communicate the agent since they landed cuz of tech Issue.
Its either the arms are meant for the north or the report is a hoax.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate / BREAKINGNEWS: Buhari On Sick Bed In LONDON / N80bn Electricity Debts: Why Estimated Billing May Persist —investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.