Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele (29452 Views)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees / $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by olatade(m): 3:29am On Jan 11, 2016
What would you do if you got this alert today?
--------------------------
Alert:Credit
Acct:xxxxxxx5764
Amt:N98,000,000.00
Rmks:COL SAMBO DASUKI (NSA)
Initiated on: 26 MAR 2015
Bank approval: 29-Dec-2015
By: 30-Dec-2015. 15:59:26
Bal: N98,016,549.56
We sincerely apologized for the delayed in
processing the transaction. Thank you for Banking
with Us.
-------------------------
A. Report to EFCC
B. Keep quiet
C. Run out of the country
D. Withdraw it immediately
E. Inform your lawyer

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by rebranded(m): 3:32am On Jan 11, 2016
Bryan37:
Some people don't understand how this thing works

Do u think Emefiele is implementing this Monetary policy on his own?

That's what u get when u hv. Dictator as ur president

Probably he have been opposing this policy on d background but d "Almighty" Daura President cannot be opposed.

On NSA
is lik when an MD gives an order 4u 2 release certain amount as an accountant and u says no

Guess what normally happens 2 such account?

Like what happened to Sanusi for saying the truth grin

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by FlyboyZee: 3:36am On Jan 11, 2016
AfroKnight:
Dasuki did not act in isolation. Emefiele is an accomplice. Pastor Bakare has said what many others were afraid to say.

Who released the illegal money? Did it fall from heaven? CBN Governor must explain his role in this monumental embezzlement.
Who should have released the money? You? Tunde Bakare? Lol. I laugh when people just talk without a grasp of the situation, using street sentiments to assess situations without any knowledge of the workings of government.

What everyone should be asking, and what EFCC would ask is:

1. Did Mr. Emefiele follow the right processes, procedures or steps in releasing the money?

2. Was it approved and or authorized by the right authorities?

3. Are you saying that the CBN Governor should disobey the orders of the President and C-in-C of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

I don't get it. The onus here is not even on the release of the money, but how it was spent.

The question that beggars for answers right now is: was the money spent or disbursed in tandem with what it was released for? If Mr. Emefiele had done anything wrong in releasing Government money, approved by Government for government expenditure, I am a 100% sure, he would have been the first person that would have been arrested.

On this one, Mr Tunde Bakare got it wrong. He should have just stuck with reading the Bible, mastering it and quoting scriptures.

I ain't defending nobody here, but we should learn to ask questions and reason like educated people here as I believe everybody on this forum has one form of formal education or the other...

2 Likes

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by Kenobus: 3:37am On Jan 11, 2016
In a situation of war; things can't be normal. The Govt of GEJ did everything to crush boko haram. Even the NASS passed a rrsolution for the Govt to do everything possible to crush boko haram and the Govt did. So CBN Governor would deny the presidency funding to fight boko haram? How is it being done now? By the way, out of over $2.1(N350b) arms deal, all the allegation so far is not up to N4b; and who bought the arms the Govt used to crush BH before the elections of 2015 and who bought the ones the Army has been using all this while? Like Dokpesi said, the Arms deal is a fax and doesn't exist. It is a harbinger for retaliation. Buhari needs to watch it and those blindly supporting should open their eyes. Isa Jafaru is Dasuki's friend and among those fingered that booted Buhari out in 1985. Allow Dasuki to talk!

5 Likes

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by Benjom(m): 3:41am On Jan 11, 2016
...we'll get there someday.
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by totorimi: 3:43am On Jan 11, 2016
omolami:
I advise Bakare to face his task of reforming people through his sermon in the church and forget about venturing into money politics among politicians which he knows little about. When the chips are down, he will realise that Buhari's actions are scam to decimate the opposition

Is he a pastor? Really wonder the gospel he preaches because I've always seen him to talking politics PR attending one is event or the other.
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by purplerope: 3:52am On Jan 11, 2016
Only time will tell.....
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 11, 2016
hollywater:
Why can't mr Bakare face his calling (the preaching of the Bible )than one leg in politics another one in the Church? Maybe he should become the new EFCC Chairman.

double face dog....... why didn't you talk same to Ayo Oritsejafor when he was campaigning for GEJ, buying arms, building hotel and leaving 600m in account?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by Nobody: 3:57am On Jan 11, 2016
totorimi:

Is he a pastor? Really wonder the gospel he preaches because I've always seen him to talking politics PR attending one is event or the other.

**** why didn't you talk same to Ayo Oritsejafor when he was campaigning for GEJ, buying arms, building hotel and leaving 600m in account?

4 Likes

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by jayloms: 4:06am On Jan 11, 2016
cocoberry:
Hmmmmm

Say something
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by owen10(m): 4:09am On Jan 11, 2016
sapiosexual1:
@hollywater. if you do read your bible(that's if yours is still a holy-bible) you would understand that prophets always played an active role in governance from the time of Moses till the very last of them.
Bakare hasn't said anything spectacular except stating the obvious : Emefiele has no moral or professional right to still be governor, all, I repeat, ALL his policies has failed in this administration. When you're on a loosing streak. you don't engage in sit-tightism, you do the needful.
Another person's argument up here that Mr Buhari is a dictator, yad a yad a, is just lame. If the policies of the government doesn't go down with your economic doctrines, you don't sit and absorb it, you tender your fvcking resignation. Every economist has an economic doctrine and pathway, you don't just flow with any government policy.
Mr. Man we are talking of CBN Governor and u are talking resignation in Nigeria!!! Who will feed ur family for u when u resign!?... You wanted to catch a fowl, u saw the fowl and feathers scattered around, u decide to investigate on the feathers instead of catching the fowl you don see with ur korokoro eyes... This government is just playing a mind game, bet me when I say ''Ukochukwu na dsame people with different agbada'' we ain't seen anything yet.

+* U want it, u have it

2 Likes

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by ohenhen1: 4:43am On Jan 11, 2016
Pastor Bakare is wrong. The CBN governor can't refuse to release the funds. They must never arrest the CBN governor.

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by wwwkaycom(m): 4:43am On Jan 11, 2016
Bryan37:

Probably he have been opposing this policy on d background but d "Almighty" Daura President cannot be opposed.

On NSA
is lik when an MD gives an order 4u 2 release certain amount as an accountant and u says no

are we talking about Buhari here or you have comprehension problem?
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by wwwkaycom(m): 4:46am On Jan 11, 2016
theshield:

double face dog....... why didn't you talk same to Ayo Oritsejafor when he was campaigning for GEJ, buying arms, building hotel and leaving 600m in account?
spot on.
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by Excellentmind: 4:47am On Jan 11, 2016
Road map to change indeed, Bakare should face his preaching business or call it a quit and join politics. He shouldn't play God because as it stands now, he doesn't know the problems of Nigeria, neither can he boast of their solutions. Next topic please!
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by wwwkaycom(m): 4:52am On Jan 11, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Who should have released the money? You? Tunde Bakare? Lol. I laugh when people just talk without a grasp of the situation, using street sentiments to assess situations without any knowledge of the workings of government.

What everyone should be asking, and what EFCC would ask is:

1. Did Mr. Emefiele follow the right processes, procedures or steps in releasing the money?

2. Was it approved and or authorized by the right authorities?

3. Are you saying that the CBN Governor should disobey the orders of the President and C-in-C of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

I don't get it. The onus here is not even on the release of the money, but how it was spent.

The question that beggars for answers right now is: was the money spent or disbursed in tandem with what it was released for? If Mr. Emefiele had done anything wrong in releasing Government money, approved by Government for government expenditure, I am a 100% sure, he would have been the first person that would have been arrested.

On this one, Mr Tunde Bakare got it wrong. He should have just stuck with reading the Bible, mastering it and quoting scriptures.

I ain't defending nobody here, but we should learn to ask questions and reason like educated people here as I believe everybody on this forum has one form of formal education or the other...
we are talking about money that weren't appropriated here bros, it is illegal to release such money, the president of Nigeria lacks the power to spend unappropriated funds. be ready to explain this before a judge when the time comes.
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by hollywater: 4:52am On Jan 11, 2016
selfemployed:

You are wrong. Every christian is called affect his nation, not just his church.

christians got it wrong here.
I am not wrong. Yes you heard me, i am not wrong. If you are a Pastor called by God to preach the gospel, face you calling and stop mixing it with politics.
Just check how many people that died in Bayelsa election alone.All in the name of power, a Man of God now joining the same dirty game.
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by hollywater: 4:55am On Jan 11, 2016
theshield:

If you know me by then,you would've known i was not in support of his role too.So stop being silly.
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by blackpanda: 5:02am On Jan 11, 2016
hollywater:
Why can't mr Bakare face his calling (the preaching of the Bible )than one leg in politics another one in the Church? Maybe he should become the new EFCC Chairman.

He is also an astute lawyer by profession. A very intelligent one at that. Not to mention every nigerian has the right to criticize public officers...hopes that answers ur jamb kweshon grin
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by habiham: 5:03am On Jan 11, 2016
hollywater:

Na becos money dey politic pass tithe $ offering

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by donk552(m): 5:03am On Jan 11, 2016
Endtime pastor with endtime sermon in endtime church to endtime to members.
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by Sodiq3(m): 5:06am On Jan 11, 2016
If you were not a direct beneficiary of the yams and you are on internet 24/7 to defend the goats, Take Sense......
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by aksule(m): 5:09am On Jan 11, 2016
I thought that so far all we hearing is an allegation. Those concerned have not been aligned or convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction. Remember even the campaign program of a certain particular political party was flatly denied. Why then are we convicting the suspect base on allegations. The courts are there to tell us the truth.

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by ganiyu26(m): 5:10am On Jan 11, 2016
I support the man on this, but hey what about broz jonah wont he be the next target after yawa don gas from emefiele mouth?
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by oz4real83(m): 5:11am On Jan 11, 2016
hollywater:
. Is Bakare not a Nigerian? Is he not entitled to air his opinion on a Nigerian issue as other Nigerians just like u? Is he not a co-owner of the stolen wealth of Nigeria? If u don't know what to say,just read a thread and pass through!!!
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by djkirkoo2(m): 5:12am On Jan 11, 2016
tbaba1234:

So Preachers are not allowed to condemn the ills in society??
But When Ayo Oritsejafor talk during GEJ time all of una crucify am. Why hypocrisy dey all of una blood like dis? Sotey una call d man bling bling pastor, fake prophet etc but now Tunde Bakare dey interfere in politics una say nothing dey wrong. Na God go help all these Yoruba and APC people

4 Likes

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by AreaFada2: 5:21am On Jan 11, 2016
hyfr:
All these corruption issues is getting boring. Any of you who believes that buhari will not loot Nigeria has lost touch with realiTy. He's corrupt, he can't fight corruption. PTF funds comes to mind

A man who came to power on back of using Rivers money/Amaechi to out-bribe the loaded Atiku in the primaries has no moral high-ground or sincerity to fight corruption.

With all the former PDP stalwarts now suddenly saints in APC, who are we fooling?

Arresting a few APC fringe members (maybe on the verge of decamping to PDP) cannot confuse us.

The decampees from PDP now know that the only way to be immune to corruption accusation, real or phantom, is to join APC.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by vinceton: 5:21am On Jan 11, 2016
sapiosexual1:
@hollywater. if you do read your bible(that's if yours is still a holy-bible) you would understand that prophets always played an active role in governance from the time of Moses till the very last of them.
Bakare hasn't said anything spectacular except stating the obvious : Emefiele has no moral or professional right to still be governor, all, I repeat, ALL his policies has failed in this administration. When you're on a loosing streak. you don't engage in sit-tightism, you do the needful.
Another person's argument up here that Mr Buhari is a dictator, yad a yad a, is just lame. If the policies of the government doesn't go down with your economic doctrines, you don't sit and absorb it, you tender your fvcking resignation. Every economist has an economic doctrine and pathway, you don't just flow with any government policy.
christ came after those prophets accomplished their mission. He came both to fulfill the law and to show us the right way to serve God, in line with that, he jettisoned a number of things chief among which is involment in politics. Recall what is his reaction was when called to be king, not only did he reject the offer he abstained from meddling in politics. So any who is a genuine Christian must imitate christ in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by plutocee(m): 5:25am On Jan 11, 2016
GudluckIBB:
I support bakare on this.

Emeifele should be arrested. He is an accomplice, an accesory, a conspirator and above all

A co yam eater!
when you chop yam and palm oil and you clean you mouth wella you are save but if caught there two things involved
Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by AreaFada2: 5:27am On Jan 11, 2016
djkirkoo2:
But When Ayo Oritsejafor talk during GEJ time all of una crucify am. Why hypocrisy dey all of una blood like dis? Sotey una call d man bling bling pastor, fake prophet etc but now Tunde Bakare dey interfere in politics una say nothing dey wrong. Na God go help all these Yoruba and APC people

Are you just noticing their double-standard?

It's their bread and butter.

They have no sense of fairness or justice, just partisanship around ethnocentric bigotry.

Any more proof that Nigeria of diverse tribes will remain a lame duck like it is for 55 years?

The only president without "Na we get Nigeria syndrome", GEJ, was rejected by those who think 9ja is their fiefdom.

Let them be perambulating and remain same place grin cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 11, 2016
Bryan37:

On NSA

You are the one that doesn't understand how it works?

you Put forward a completely soppy argument and tactfully exonerate GEJ and his administration of any Blame But don't forget that Emefiele has been CBN Gov since the Jonathan Era

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Sacks Abubakar Danladi Sani From Senate / See The Moment Sanwo-olu Stormed LRU Office At Alausa - Photos / Rufai Hanga: President Buhari Afraid Of Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.