Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members (35037 Views)

Dandija, Poloma And Mulima Return Money To EFCC / "How I Shared N260million From Dasuki" - PDP Chieftain Tony Anenih / Bafarawa: N4.6billion I Received From Dasuki Was For Spiritual Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by ultrazone(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2016
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has called on its members, who collected money from the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), to return it immediately.

The party said it didn’t ask any of its members to collect money on its behalf during the last general elections.

The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Ibrahim Jalo, stated this in an interview with one of our correspondents in Abuja on Saturday.

Jalo said he was happy that those who claimed to have received money from the embattled retired army officer had not said they received the huge money on behalf of the party.

Some influential members of the party are currently being prosecuted for allegedly benefiting from the money, which was meant to procure arms for the fight against the Boko Haram insurgency in the North-East.

Among those currently facing different charges before different courts in Abuja are Dasuki; the acting Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the party, Alhaji Haliru Bello; and the founder of DAAR Communications Plc, Dr. Raymond Dokpesi.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, is currently being detained by the EFCC over alleged corruption.

A former Chairman, Board of Trustees of the party, Chief Tony Anenih, who admitted that he received N260m from Dasuki, had reportedly explained how he distributed the money.

He said he gave N100m each to the former Minister of Finance, Chief Olu Falae, and a former Governor of Oyo State, Senator Rashidi Ladoja, adding that he gave a former presidential adviser, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, N63m.

While Metuh allegedly got N400m from the former NSA, the spokesperson for the opposition party had maintained that he was paid for an undisclosed job which he said he did for former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Jalo disagreed with the claim in some quarters that the actions of the members of the party were capable of having negative effects on the once ruling party.

He said, “When people say that this party benefitted from the money meant for arms, I laugh. This is because we didn’t as a party get a dime from the former NSA.

“The party therefore has nothing to do with anyone who has collected money from the former NSA. Anyone, who has collected money from him, should return it. They are on their own.

“They will face trial without the party’s coming to their rescue. PDP is a clean party that has not taken money meant for the procurement of arms and ammunition or from the Federal Government.”

He challenged the government to probe further and come out with the outcome of such investigations to show that the party took money from the government to fund its operations.

“All those who collected money from Dasuki used their personal companies to do so. We didn’t send them,” he added.

Meanwhile, the party has faulted the release of a stalwart of the ruling All Progressives Congress and former military administrator of Kaduna State, Brig.-Gen. Jafaru Isa (retd.), who is said to be an associate of President Muhammadu Buhari, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

It said the refusal of the EFCC to release Metuh was an indication that the agency was not fighting corruption but on a clampdown on its leaders.

The PDP said in a statement by the National Legal Adviser, Mr. Victor Kwon, in Abuja on Sunday that there could be no clearer indication that the APC-led administration was on “a witch-hunt against PDP leaders, and that it has a personal grudge against Chief Metuh.”

Kwon queried the action of the EFCC in freeing Isa while Metuh was still being detained even when the two were being investigated over the same allegation of receiving funds from the office of the NSA.

His statement added, “The release of Isa, a known associate of the President and chieftain of the APC eight hours after his arrest, while our spokesman remains in detention even when the two are being investigated over same allegation, clearly shows that the President Buhari-led APC government is not fighting corruption but using the much-hyped crusade as a cover to persecute PDP leaders and decimate the opposition, a project the EFCC has clearly yielded itself as a willing tool.

“We ask: how can the EFCC now explain to the world that it is not corrupt and ‘teleguided’ by the Federal Government to persecute PDP leaders?

“What happened to the illegal holding charge upon which it has detained the PDP spokesman beyond the limit stipulated by Section 35(5a) of the constitution and in violation of his guaranteed personal liberty under the law?”

Kwon asked whether there are two separate sets of laws; one for PDP leaders and perceived foes of the Buhari-led government, which allows them to be detained beyond constitutional limits without being charged to court and another set, for associates of the President and APC leaders, which guarantees them a slap on the back and immunity from investigation and prosecution, and if arrested, an immediate release.

Meanwhile, the Central Bank of Nigeria said it had yet to commence any investigation into the role played by Deposit Money Banks in the $2.1bn arms funds scandal.

It said since the probe of the arms deal began a few months ago, there had not been any formal complaints to the apex bank about any conspiracy by DMBs in the arms procurement scandal.

The Director, Corporate Communications Department, CBN, Alh Muazu Ibrahim, told one of our correspondents in a telephone interview on Saturday that the bank was currently not involved in the investigations being carried out by the anti-graft agencies.

He said before the apex bank would swing into action in investigating the roles played by any bank, there were standard procedures that must be followed.

One of them, according to him, is that a formal complaint must be made to the CBN, informing it about any act of misconduct or complicity by banks in the scandal.

He said, “There has not been any complaint against the banks as we speak now and in any case, it is not our direct responsibility to carry out such investigations.

“There are standard procedures that must be followed in matters like this and at the moment, we are not involved in the investigations, However, if there are complaints against any bank, then it would be looked into.”

Investigations by our correspondent revealed that the roles played by banks in the disbursement of funds in the arms deal might be minimal as they were not directly involved in the release of the fund.

A top bank official, who pleaded not to be named as he was not officially permitted to speak on the matter, said since the bulk of the fund for the arms deal was released by the CBN in dollars, it was the management of the CBN and the finance ministry that should be asked to explain their roles in the disbursement of fund.

http://www.punchng.com/return-money-collected-from-dasuki-pdp-tells-members/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by PRYCE(m): 8:49am On Jan 11, 2016
Punchng.com!!!

5 Likes

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by omooba969(m): 9:02am On Jan 11, 2016
Asking goats to return the yam...fvckn irony!grin

Babanla nonsense (in Fela's voice) cool

11 Likes

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by ayindejimmy(m): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2016
Tell em

1 Like

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by seunmsg(m): 9:19am On Jan 11, 2016
They should do quick and return every kobo that was collected. All we want is to get our money back and some jail terms for those found to have broken the law in the process of sharing the funds in the first place.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by project8(m): 10:47am On Jan 11, 2016
so that we can focus on governance. ...

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Bevista: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2016
“The party therefore has nothing to do with anyone who has collected money from the former NSA. Anyone, who has collected money from him, should return it. They are on their own.

“They will face trial without the party’s coming to their rescue. PDP is a clean party that has not taken money meant for the procurement of arms and ammunition or from the Federal Government.”
PDP seems to have begun the process of internal cleansing and renewal. While I do not have the least regards for the party, I consider this a positive development for our democracy. Any person (or party) who confesses his sins and promises not to go back to his evil ways deserves a second chance.
---
Recovery of looted funds is probably more important to this administration than prosecution of looters. One of the revenue lines in the 2016 budget is loot recoveries (N300b+), so it is absolutely imperative that the yam eaters cough out every yam.
---
The government might forgive secondary beneficiaries through plea bargain if they return the yams without rancor. This will enable the administration focus its meagre resources in prosecuting primary looters like Dasuki, Dikko (Customs), Dieziani, Akpobolokemi (NIMASA), etc.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by modath(f): 10:50am On Jan 11, 2016
This Hausa man ehn!! Using style to support to his bros ehn!! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by phemmie06(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2016
The basic truth. But with interest

1 Like

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by seunmsg(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2016
phemmie06:
The basic truth. But with interest

Let them just return the principal. The country needs the money asap to fund developmental projects. Asking for interest will lead to a long thing.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 11, 2016
good news
Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by copiescopy(m): 11:56am On Jan 11, 2016
All this shout about fighting corruption is a just a smoke screen for PMB to tighten the noose on all his perceived enemies most especially the SE /SS . The causalities are the few form the SW.

It was just a pity GEJ fell flat to ploy of the Hausa/fulani having brought the master stroke of unleashing Boko Haram as the main key to de-stabilizing the last government had done well enough o devise the means to use as a sledge hammer to break the ground with regards to the $2.1 billion dollar money for arms procurement.

GEJ in his usual naive nature may have given the approval only to now discover that Dasuki was also working against GEJ in one way by ensuring the funds does not get to the appropriate quarters . Statements credited to Dasuki indicates he helped the ruling government come into power . Aint that a fact ? It was already a master plan hatched between top the cabals in the North with one serious motive, return power to the north by any means necessary .GEJ was just a pawn even if it means distributing the entire $2.1b arms procurement sum to everyone and everyone knowing the attendant problem such could create in the nearest future which of course has dawned on the SE /SS that the North were hell bent on destroying their political strongholds thereby using the Boko Haram arms procurement funds as the invisible sledge hammer that could fell the tower of their political grip on the country . This is what is exactly playing out . Dasuki and his master planners are making proper use of the situation to tarnish the image and reputation of top politicians in the SW and SE including the SS . The only little causalities are the few top politicians from the SW.

seun,lalasticlala,copiescopy,tonyebarcanista

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Rawani: 11:58am On Jan 11, 2016
The party is finally having some sense.

Now that it's pretty clear that blackmail, playing victim and grandstanding would never work, let's hope the opposition fully co-operates with this government in the anti-corruption war.

Regardless, those guilty of diverting security funds must still be fully prosecuted and punished.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Mutuwa(m): 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
copiescopy:
All this shout about fighting corruption is a just a smoke screen for PMB to tighten the noose on all his perceived enemies most especially the SE /SS . The causalities are the few form the SW.

It was just a pity GEJ fell flat to ploy of the Hausa/fulani having brought the master stroke of unleashing Boko Haram as the main key to de-stabilizing the last government had done well enough o devise the means to use as a sledge hammer to break the ground with regards to the $2.1 billion dollar money for arms procurement.

GEJ in his usual naive nature may have given the approval only to now discover that Dasuki was also working against GEJ in one way by ensuring the funds does not get to the appropriate quarters . Statements credited to Dasuki indicates he helped the ruling government come into power . Aint that a fact ? It was already a master plan hatched between top the cabals in the North with one serious motive, return power to the north by any means necessary .GEJ was just a pawn even if it means distributing the entire $2.1b arms procurement sum to everyone and everyone knowing the attendant problem such could create in the nearest future which of course has dawned on the SE /SS that the North were hell bent on destroying their political strongholds thereby using the Boko Haram arms procurement funds as the invisible sledge hammer that could fell the tower of their political grip on the country . This is what is exactly playing out . Dasuki and his master planners are making proper use of the situation to tarnish the image and reputation of top politicians in the SW and SE including the SS . The only little causalities are the few top politicians from the SW.

STOLEN!!!

Did you notice that ALL of those who have been named as having shared in the blood money by Dasuki are Muslims, Christians and even atheists? Do you realise that ALL of them are Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Fulani and all of the hundreds of ethnic nationalities making up Nigeria? Have you asked yourself why you didn't hear any shout of marginalization or oppression when the money was being shared by Mr Donatus Dasuki?

Let me break it down for you. In that secret place where they make a feast of our commonwealth, nobody is Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw or whatever. There's no Christian, Muslim or traditionalist when illicit money is to be preyed upon. No tribe or religion, they belong to one family: the political class and their interests transcends tribe, ethnicity or religion. Money is their paradise and their belly is the only god they worship.

So, next time any of these idiots come screaming that your tribe is being marginalized or that someone is trying to wipe out your religion, tell him to go to hell and enjoy his journey to there. If you agree with him and allow them to turn your destiny to a Ludo game, then Sorry is your middle name and you suffer from a terminal disease called 'Congenital Stupidity'. It has no cure and the symptoms don't show very early. Once you're afflicted with CS, the end result is to die in ignorance while defending the idiots who turned you into a whimpering MUMU. Accept my sympathy.

HEAR JONATHAN AND HIS 40 THIEVES
1- I acted based on Jonathan instruction- Dasuki
2- I didn't give order- Jonathan
3- I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation-Iyorchia Ayu
4- I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m- Bode George
5-I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes- Bafarawa
6-I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office-Thisday Obaigbena.
7-I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity-Dokpesi
8- I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where- Bafarawa
9- I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others- Yuguda
10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki
11-My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN- Dasuki account officer.
12-I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.-Nimasa DG.

Please let us never again allow anyone to use religion or tribe to try to divide us! God bless Nigeria.

238 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by looseweight: 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
I am using this medium to appreciate the Almighty God for giving us Buari as president.

More strength,
Good health to you and your aides in Jesus name. Amen

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by NobleAngell(f): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
Good. Now they are all over the news, but when they were eating the money, we didn't hear. EFCC is onto u guys and there's no letting you off this hook.

5 Likes

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by vedaxcool(m): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin PDP finally understanding corruption is a crime, oya wailers make unah return the N300, N400 for data wey santasuki give unah

22 Likes

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
PDP singing;

I surrender,i surrender all
I surrender,i surrender all
All to Jesus,blessed da saviour
I surrender,i surrender alllllllllllllllll grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by seunmsg(m): 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
copiescopy:

What exactly are you saying? Can you please simplify your points so that we can understand. Did Dasuki used the $2.1billion to fund Buhari's election or what?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Sijo01(f): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
Dasuki the philanthropist. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by omenka(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hahaha.

They once said no such fraud exists, now this.

They've finally see not a single nerve cell in Baba's body has been pricked by their incessant propaganda and blackmail, so they've decided to look to that little portion of their brain that still houses some commonsense for direction.

Baba said it long ago, that if we don't kill corruption, it will kill us. He promised to fight it head-on and not by using "technology" as NOI and Jo said they would. Baba is using the crude method of dragging the goats before courts and remanding them in Magu's custody and the method seems to have yielded more results than the combined results obtained for 16 long years!!

Baba, Omenka voted you in especially for this, so far, you've hardly given him the slightest reason to think a made a bad choice on the ballot paper.

Baba Collectus (as my boss prefers calling you), collect all the yams, be they roasted, fried or raw, and make sure the next time goats see yams, they'd run for dear life thinking it's christmas season!!

Sai Baba Collectus!!

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Rawani: 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
copiescopy:
[s]All this shout about fighting corruption is a just a smoke screen for PMB to tighten the noose on all his perceived enemies most especially the SE /SS . The causalities are the few form the SW.

seun,lalasticlala,copiescopy,tonyebarcanista[/s]

Bigotry, bigotry and more bigotry with little sense.

Is the same Dasuki you claim is in cahoots with the 'northern planners' not the one frying in the middle of the pan?

Of course the last corrupt administration was dominated by individuals from the SS/SE so it's only natural that they will form the bulk of the goats being rounded up.

The only possible argument you can possibly have is that they are innocent of all allegations, which they obviously aren't, going by revelations so far.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by phemmie06(m): 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
seunmsg:

Let them just return the principal. The country needs the money asap to fund developmental projects. Asking for interest will lead to a long thing.
The ineretest might be a year jail

4 Likes

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by bonechamberlain(m): 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
so the apc guy has been released while metuh is still in detention..

I can see how apc wants to rule Nigeria.
Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by obahdaraglobal(m): 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
This a year God has assigned us to make that unlimited wealth and sucess pls don't be left behind,pls don't make ignorance make u loose this wonderful opportunity click on this link and you will be amazed of what u will find out http:// MoneyandTask.com/?refid=41473
Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Folksyharry(m): 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
This is a good window to free their many members from jail time and I suggest they take it now before efcc find another reason to keep them in prison.

1 Like

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
CORRECT!!!.

Mutuwa:

STOLEN!!!
Did you notice that ALL of those who have been named as having shared in the blood money by Dasuki are Muslims, Christians and even atheists? Do you realise that ALL of them are Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Fulani and all of the hundreds of ethnic nationalities making up Nigeria? Have you asked yourself why you didn't hear any shout of marginalization or oppression when the money was being shared by Mr Donatus Dasuki?
Let me break it down for you. In that secret place where they make a feast of our commonwealth, nobody is Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw or whatever. There's no Christian, Muslim or traditionalist when illicit money is to be preyed upon. No tribe or religion, they belong to one family: the political class and their interests transcends tribe, ethnicity or religion. Money is their paradise and their belly is the only god they worship.
So, next time any of these idiots come screaming that your tribe is being marginalized or that someone is trying to wipe out your religion, tell him to go to hell and enjoy his journey to there. If you agree with him and allow them to turn your destiny to a Ludo game, then Sorry is your middle name and you suffer from a terminal disease called 'Congenital Stupidity'. It has no cure and the symptoms don't show very early. Once you're afflicted with CS, the end result is to die in ignorance while defending the idiots who turned you into a whimpering MUMU. Accept my sympathy.
HEAR JONATHAN AND HIS 40 THIEVES
1- I acted based on Jonathan instruction- Dasuki
2- I didn't give order- Jonathan
3- I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation-Iyorchia Ayu
4- I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m- Bode George
5-I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes- Bafarawa
6-I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office-Thisday Obaigbena.
7-I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity-Dokpesi
8- I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where- Bafarawa
9- I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others- Yuguda
10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki
11-My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN- Dasuki account officer.
12-I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.-Nimasa DG.
Please let us never again allow anyone to use religion or tribe to try to divide us! God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Firefire(m): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
One day the books of all political looters in Nigeria would be opened, without any exemption.

N:B

All politicians in Nigeria are fraudsters and looters, beginning from 'Lawbreaker's' constituency allowance to security votes of governors.
Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by DONSMITH123(m): 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
ahahahahah.....i no fit laugh...DASUKI and Jonathan's money dey purge una?

3 Likes

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
If the Apc chieftain was released after 8hrs cos he returned 100m out of d 170m he collected from Dasuki,all d PDP cheiftains should be released also when they return any money collected from Dasuki for us to know dat this is not a witchunt by d Federal Govt!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members by Saheed9: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
That would be hard. Owo baba ijebu, dapada!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill Into Law / Why We Postponed Declaration Of Niger Delta As A Territory – Niger Delta Militan / Smart Adeyemi Describes Okezie Ikpeazu As A Drunkard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.