Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,614 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos (23711 Views)

What Is That One Thing You Hate The Most On Nigerian Roads? / 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos / I Hate Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 11, 2016
Lagos life not for person like me. Too much nescafe induced life style

2 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:57am On Jan 11, 2016
I love Lagos and Abia state.
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by yaskarahyelhope(f): 10:58am On Jan 11, 2016
I HATE LAGOS O. Make I no lie. Ive visited there severally but never wished to live there. Its a scary place to live. To me its LAWLESS. Except by d mercy of God, U will learn to insult starting wt ole, oleshi and oleburuku. D agberos, d hustlers who dont give a hoot abt who or wat U are. D young single mothers from 12-14yrs. Gosh! Lagos though a busy, over populated area, seems to me like a disaster.

4 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Tosinville(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2016
Lagos wahala even plenty pass these 10 o! grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by kajoula(m): 11:01am On Jan 11, 2016
Ishopbest:
Hate is a strong word

OP.....EDIT

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Menzy86(m): 11:07am On Jan 11, 2016
If you have ever lived a a serene, spacious and peaceful nothern city, Lagos will make you sick. A very great city for those used to the bustling lifestyle obtainable there though. I for one ain't a fan.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Henrygreat212(m): 11:09am On Jan 11, 2016
If you have ever lived all your life in Owerri (O'town) you will find it very hard coping in Lagos..
But truly Lag Make better sense.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Abia State
God Bless Imo State
God Bless Lagos State.
God Bless us more we Nairalanders....

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by great664(m): 11:09am On Jan 11, 2016
OP, you forgot to post the reason I hate it.

NOISE

even the language you need to shout to speak it,

#AskYourself

4 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by segun5A(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2016
Henrygreat212:
If you have ever lived all your life in Owerri (O'town) you will find it very hard coping in Lagos..
But truly Lag Make better sense.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Abia State
God Bless Imo State
God Bless Lagos State.
God Bless us more we Nairalanders....
I know all you want is likes; I have given u one cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Eberex(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2016
You are forgetting noise pollution from hawkers, generators, airplanes, music shops, okada horns, motorist horns, train horns, keke maruma horns, danfo conductor's noise.............and ofcourse loud speakers noises from churches and mosques

6 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by segun5A(m): 11:15am On Jan 11, 2016
uche87:
Lagos state is a land of opportunities. It is the commercial capital of Nigeria with unofficially a population of 23 million people 'hustling' to have a bite of the good fortunes of the land. Lagos has a couple of adverse sides a newcomer will have to adapt to and live with.

Below are some common features I hate about Lagos state:

(1) Traffic:

Lagos is highly populated with thousands of people plying limited road networks to work early in the morning and also returning late in the evening. There have been several cases of people spending over 5hrs in traffic merely moving from Mainland to the Island in Lagos. This poses a huge challenge in the movement of goods and services.

(2) Cost of accommodation:

Rent in Lagos is very expensive. Most landlords will only rent their houses out if you are ready to pay a 2-year rent. You go through agents who will demand a large sum of money. The 'agreement fee' at times is much enough to rent a two bedroom flat in a cheap area like Ibadan.

(3) The girls:

After the stress of working in Lagos for the day, one would need expert hands to massage all the back pains. The girls in Lagos only understand the language of your pocket and not empty promises of love. Some ladies could demand for Buhari's head for the night.

(4) The beggars:

The beggars in Lagos come in different dimensions. Someone can appear smarter and more expensive than you in Lagos and still beg you for money. They constantly stop you with pitiful stories and faces. Ignoring them sometimes has a way of affecting one's conscience especially if you are the soft type.

(5) Incessant cases of traffic robbery:

I never knew traffic robbery was real until I came to Lagos. CMS, Mile 2, Ikorodu, Orile, Iyana Oba and several other areas have high records of traffic robbers who dispose commuters of their hard-earned belongings. Towards the yuletide, Linda's blog was reporting almost two cases of traffic robbery per day.

(6) Transport cost:

In Lagos people tend to draw a scale of preference on movement. Movement to work is mandatory while others can wait except too important due to the high cost of moving around. For this reasons, most friendships are relegated to online interactions and nothing more.

(7) Congestion:

Lagos is too congested with people. The town planning system of some areas like Satellite town in Amuwo Odofin, Mushin, Okokomaiko, Ajegunle, Oyingbo etc is very poor which affects the ventilation in houses. This could frustrate a newcomer especially when the weather is sunny.

(cool Churches:

A close study of some churches in Lagos has brought me to the conclusion that some preachings are directed at the congregation's pockets. The churches are always in need of one thing or the other. The speakers psyche you up to even drop what you don't have by faith.

(9) High level of oppression by the rich:

You need to see the cars driven by some people especially on the Island part of Lagos. It takes discipline for your long-term lover to say no to such men. The desperation of joining the wealthy class could push one to destruction. These people may not even work as hard as you do or even have the same educational qualifications with you.

(10) The level of hypocrisy in Lagos is epic:

That club girl that was dancing like a possessed person at the club on a Friday night with that skimpy cloth that puts her endowments on display maybe the sister leading the praise and worship session in a church on Sunday.

Everyone takes up different characters just to bring the money home and pay bills.

- See more at: http://villagetowncrier..com/2016/01/top-10-things-that-could-make-you-hate.html#.dpuf

cc Lalasticlala seun
Abeg, where can I get olosho around Lekki/Agungi area and their costs..I'm home alone and it's boring.
I'm serious pls
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 11, 2016
Transportation will consume a lagosian meager salary.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Pamelayoung: 11:23am On Jan 11, 2016
Traffic traffic traffic

2 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 11, 2016
You will be running to catch a commercial bus while the conductor will be shouting and insulting you to run fast and not be a slowpoke like buhari.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 11, 2016
Me like the paties cheesy cheesy

Lagos is an interesting place

But I only go there to flex

Abuja make more sense joor cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 11, 2016
The police will arrest okadas and load its into their pickup trucks as if okadas are criminals.While they are scare to arrest the criminals.
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by tgmservice: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2016
Lagos is smelling

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by ehix89(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2016
obainojazz:
When you visit an area and you are welcomed by adults and children shiiting in buckets aka apoti....pray u not eating something then....or area boys shiiting in gutters and using gala nylon to clean nyash....choi.....some lagosians have dirtiness in them.
All the same.
Its a great city
Jesu....shitting in gutter nd using gala nylon to clean yansh....how irritating,shld hv jxt wore his panties lyk dat,shit go cum enta dat e fingers so o,den d nxt moment he z at iya tolu's restaurant to eat amala witout his hands proply washed....yuck

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by ehix89(m): 11:48am On Jan 11, 2016
ENUGU all d way...like.....if u love Coal City

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Slingshotz(m): 11:50am On Jan 11, 2016

You just hit d nail on the head Op

......if u re broke im Lagos you re

On
Your
Own

#whyidislikeLagos

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by abokiigbo: 11:54am On Jan 11, 2016
You know i always wonder if 80% of people residing in Lagos knew Abuja existed. Cos if they did they wont stay one day longer in Lagos.

Abuja is the dream city

Serene, beautiful, easy going , very cosmopolitan name it. Abuja is where you enter a cab and the cab driver is well dressed and greets you courteously yet a drop may not be more than 200naira depending on where you are headed. It has a very very bearable traffic hold up level. In fact save for the last 5yrs of the demonic fct minister Bala mohammed that almost destroyed Abuja, even at that it is still miles ahead of Lagos.

I can bet if a proper research is carried out it will reveal that living in Abuja as against Lagos increases life expectancy by some 40-50%. I like Lagos from afar , love the drama, the energy but don't wanna be part of it.

On the debate about opportunities abounding in Lagos, yes it is true, just as humans abound in Lagos , 1 job vacancy 20,000 applicants. At least people live in Ado ekiti and Enugu and they still make it there let alone Kaura Namoda and Igarra in Edo state. So I believe as just enough opportunities compared to its size , if you know what you are doing in Abj you will make it. If you doubt me ask Dasuki!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by faruz: 11:55am On Jan 11, 2016
rollUP:
Lagos na hustle ground na..... eko o ni Baje oooo!!!
obaje ti...
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by piagetskinner(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2016
Lagos is a no no for me.... There's nothing I hate more than getting stuck in traffic for several hours... Very frustrating

2 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by seromezy: 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
abokiigbo:
You know i always wonder if 80% of people residing in Lagos knew Abuja existed. Cos if they did they wont stay one day longer in Lagos.

Abuja is the dream city

Serene, beautiful, easy going , very cosmopolitan name it. Abuja is where you enter a cab and the cab driver is well dressed and greets you courteously yet a drop may not be more than 200naira depending on where you are headed. It has a very very bearable traffic hold up level. In fact save for the last 5yrs of the demonic fct minister Bala mohammed that almost destroyed Abuja, even at that it is still miles ahead of Lagos.

I can bet if a proper research is carried out it will reveal that living in Abuja as against Lagos increases life expectancy by some 40-50%. I like Lagos from afar , love the drama, the energy but don't wanna be part of it.

Do u live in abuja? If yes i would like to message u.
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by DarkHenrie(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
Apart from opportunities i hear that state has to offer, i think i hate Lagos.
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by jericco1(m): 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Na number 8 dey pain me pass... Churches of nowadays.
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by NarnieSnyper(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
OP, u forgot to mention the 'owoda' guys. There's nothing u do in lagos that u wont pay for. Ahan! I wont be suprised it they start charging for the very air we breathe.

I can use N1.5m to raise bungalow with 4rooms in other states but in lagos by the time u finish settling those 'omo owo nile' boys every now and then; u'll realise u'v spent nothing less than 3-4million just to build a bungalow.

Only our creator will save us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Churchillsaug(m): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
alphaconde:
Who can solve the traffic problem of lagos?

My main anger with lagosians is how they are ready to cheat any unsuspecting person for any amount.

Lastly lagos has an odour, I don't know how to describe it. It comes from their black muddy gutters.
your nick name should be Lagos because this your two points kill off op's ten points

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Churchillsaug(m): 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
Smartsyn:
The girls can never make me hate Lagos, we know where the cheap ones are.
orile

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In / Four Killed In Accident Along Benin-Auchi Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Flights Grounded In Abuja Over VIPs Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.