Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos (23704 Views)

What Is That One Thing You Hate The Most On Nigerian Roads? / 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos / I Hate Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Churchillsaug(m): 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
segun5A:

Abeg, where can I get olosho around Lekki/Agungi area and their costs..I'm home alone and it's boring.
I'm serious pls
go inside jakande, just N500, you will bleep your life out. You want level ones? Come to Askamaya for Ikota, opposite mega chicken then thank me latter
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by alphaconde(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
Churchillsaug:
your nick name should be Lagos because this your two points kill off op's ten points

Lol

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Ryda(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
alphaconde:
Who can solve the traffic problem of lagos?

My main anger with lagosians is how they are ready to cheat any unsuspecting person for any amount.

Lastly lagos has an odour, I don't know how to describe it. It comes from their black muddy gutters.

Mention states you knw that doesn't have black muddy gutters
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Ryda(m): 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
3,4,5,8, nd10 modify your post abeg
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Arsenate(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
Lagos is hell on earth. The day I will leave this place, I will shed tears of joy.
Funnily, Lagosians think Lagos is the best thing since sliced bread. Weird.

8 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
Lagos is great but I dislike their lifestyle. Everyone is in a hurry and always aggressive.

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by alphaconde(m): 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ryda:

Mention states you knw that doesn't have black muddy gutters

None that stinks like lagos

2 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by persius555(m): 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
KanoAbiaBabe:
Lagos is great but I dislike their lifestyle. Everyone is in a hurry and always aggressive.

Majority are in a hurrry to nowhere. In lagos, you can dream and watch your dream come alive. Other states are just too dull for my liking.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Computer286: 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
Wish I can get work elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Computer286: 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Just tired of this lagos wahala

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Slikbae: 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hate is too good. I detest Lagos. In normal places you have traffic jam or go-slow; that's very normal, but in Lagos you have "human" traffic. I mean, its too congested that not only cars cause traffic, the humans there cause traffic also.

Only place a in Naija I can live in are PH and Abuja. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
Dude from all you have mentioned, it is obvious you don't hate Lagos, learn your grammar usgae, you simply dislike the state because of the mentioned reasons, anyways i was born and bred in Lagos, grew up in almost all major areas, mile 2, bariga, b=gbagada, somolu, isolo, lagos island, the city is part of me as i am a part of it, our hustle, our story, I am proud to be born and be a part of the city called lasgidi
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Slikbae: 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
And later you'll call girls olosho, but you're patronizing them and you know all their spots. Theres no difference btw a prostitute and LovePeddler monger. Keep selling your destiny.
Churchillsaug:
go inside jakande, just N500, you will bleep your life out. You want level ones? Come to Askamaya for Ikota, opposite mega chicken then thank me latter

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by jayebros01(m): 2:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
rollUP:
Lagos na hustle ground na..... eko o ni Baje oooo!!!
t
O baje tii

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by wokomabest(m): 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
You did not add the incessant missing and killing of people for ritualistic purposes (one chance)
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
persius555:
Majority are in a hurrry to nowhere. In lagos, you can dream and watch your dream come alive. Other states are just too dull for my liking.
Other states are not as dull as you think though lagos is lively but I still don't like their rush kind of life. My choice sha

2 Likes

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Mayor101010(m): 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
Despite all this, I still love my Lagos... There are places in New york City that are dirty even if it is not up to that of Lagos.. And there is also constant movement of people up and down... Infact in almost every city in the world u will see some of these attributes..
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Nwulia(f): 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
The traffic no get part 2 at all grin.

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by AdeniyiA(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2016
looseweight:
I don't hate Lagos, I dislike it.
IAMLOOSEWEIGHT
I neither hate it, nor dislike it, but I resist it undecided very rough, disorganized and stressful... not everywhere sha
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by henrimoto(m): 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
bro. 1000 likes for you. " o to gba tan"
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Lovexme(m): 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
If you can stay and survive in Lagos, then you can anywhere. I ain't leaving Lagos for nothing, mehn. cool
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by brownsug(f): 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
Yet pple enter lagos as if its their promise land,its so funny

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Churchillsaug(m): 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Slikbae:
And later you'll call girls olosho, but you're patronizing them and you know all their spots. Theres no difference btw a prostitute and LovePeddler monger. Keep selling your destiny.
saint slikbae, someone asked for direction and I gave him one. Knowing all their spots does not mean one patronizes them. Stupid people like you are always quick to quote others with unreasonable coments, who the hell are you to judge me? What makes you better? What do you know about destiny? Nobody that plys lekki Ajah road that doesnt know that jakande is the bustop for prostitutes, does that mean that everybody living in that side of town patronizes them? Block head. next time you want to flaunt your ignorance on nairaland, do look for your type
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Goridoe(m): 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
i dont need to even see the things.. that could make me hate Lagos... I HATE THAT STATE RIGHT FROM DAY 0, WITH PASSION sef.! tchewww

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by Nlevel(m): 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
I hate lagos because of the cost of accommodation...imagine agent fee is enough to get u at least a self con at Ibadan.smh

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by uchejames2(m): 6:13am On Jan 12, 2016
If you follow me go banana island you go love lagos o! All ur facts are true! The hustle makes me a man all sufferings are lessons..
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by segun5A(m): 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
Churchillsaug:
Baddo!

Baba don tey 4 d game.

Tnx man
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by EmmyDe25(m): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
uche87:
Lagos state is a land of opportunities. It is the commercial capital of Nigeria with unofficially a population of 23 million people 'hustling' to have a bite of the good fortunes of the land. Lagos has a couple of adverse sides a newcomer will have to adapt to and live with.

Below are some common features I hate about Lagos state:

(1) Traffic:

Lagos is highly populated with thousands of people plying limited road networks to work early in the morning and also returning late in the evening. There have been several cases of people spending over 5hrs in traffic merely moving from Mainland to the Island in Lagos. This poses a huge challenge in the movement of goods and services.

(2) Cost of accommodation:

Rent in Lagos is very expensive. Most landlords will only rent their houses out if you are ready to pay a 2-year rent. You go through agents who will demand a large sum of money. The 'agreement fee' at times is much enough to rent a two bedroom flat in a cheap area like Ibadan.

(3) The girls:

After the stress of working in Lagos for the day, one would need expert hands to massage all the back pains. The girls in Lagos only understand the language of your pocket and not empty promises of love. Some ladies could demand for Buhari's head for the night.

(4) The beggars:

The beggars in Lagos come in different dimensions. Someone can appear smarter and more expensive than you in Lagos and still beg you for money. They constantly stop you with pitiful stories and faces. Ignoring them sometimes has a way of affecting one's conscience especially if you are the soft type.

(5) Incessant cases of traffic robbery:

I never knew traffic robbery was real until I came to Lagos. CMS, Mile 2, Ikorodu, Orile, Iyana Oba and several other areas have high records of traffic robbers who dispose commuters of their hard-earned belongings. Towards the yuletide, Linda's blog was reporting almost two cases of traffic robbery per day.

(6) Transport cost:

In Lagos people tend to draw a scale of preference on movement. Movement to work is mandatory while others can wait except too important due to the high cost of moving around. For this reasons, most friendships are relegated to online interactions and nothing more.

(7) Congestion:

Lagos is too congested with people. The town planning system of some areas like Satellite town in Amuwo Odofin, Mushin, Okokomaiko, Ajegunle, Oyingbo etc is very poor which affects the ventilation in houses. This could frustrate a newcomer especially when the weather is sunny.

(cool Churches:

A close study of some churches in Lagos has brought me to the conclusion that some preachings are directed at the congregation's pockets. The churches are always in need of one thing or the other. The speakers psyche you up to even drop what you don't have by faith.

(9) High level of oppression by the rich:

You need to see the cars driven by some people especially on the Island part of Lagos. It takes discipline for your long-term lover to say no to such men. The desperation of joining the wealthy class could push one to destruction. These people may not even work as hard as you do or even have the same educational qualifications with you.

(10) The level of hypocrisy in Lagos is epic:

That club girl that was dancing like a possessed person at the club on a Friday night with that skimpy cloth that puts her endowments on display maybe the sister leading the praise and worship session in a church on Sunday.

Everyone takes up different characters just to bring the money home and pay bills.

- See more at: http://villagetowncrier..com/2016/01/top-10-things-that-could-make-you-hate.html#.dpuf

cc Lalasticlala seun
3, 7 & 8 so real
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by londoner: 12:06am On Jan 16, 2016
Some people love Lagos others dislike it (me included). If you want a weekend of partying and fun at the beach then Lagos is okay but you may end up stressed.

I recently spent one month in Abuja and I loved it. Serene, organised and never felt unsafe or even hassled even though I was there alone. The only stressful thing was going to Wuse Market. I also had a friend from London who had visited Abj from Lagos. First time in both cities and she was not that impressed with Lagos not even Banana Island and other places lagosians boast about. She even said she could not believe the 2 cities were in the same country. She said if not for her visit to Abuja she would never come to Nigeria again.

Some people like Lagos though.

OP you make some good points about Lagos positives but for me Lagos is an insane place.

1 Like

Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by NairobiWalker(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
edit
Re: Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos by tck2000(m): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In / Four Killed In Accident Along Benin-Auchi Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Flights Grounded In Abuja Over VIPs Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.