Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

#8 Handy Ways To Pick A Prefect Domain Name - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / #8 Handy Ways To Pick A Prefect Domain Name (661 Views)

Advice On Hosting Platform To Pick / List Of Dedicated Servers Hosting Pick Any That Suits Your Project Cheap Prices. / 6 Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Buying A Domain Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#8 Handy Ways To Pick A Prefect Domain Name by Frankicent(m): 11:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
lalasticlala help display this post on front page

Choosing a domain name not just any domain but a top level domain is similar to choosing a company name. A prefect domain name requires lot of thought
and quality research because, your domain represent Yourself, Brand and business so make sure you pick a domain that is easy and memorable.

And how you going to do that?

Follow these steps to help you pick the perfect domain name that will represent your brand and business

#8 Handy Ways To Get A Prefect Domain Name
#1: Go For Top Level Domain (TLDs)
Top level domain (s) are the most popular domains around in fact over 90% of business owners and blogger use it because, of it’s popularity and easy to memorize.
The domains am to list below are the most 7 popular top level domains Dot com, dot org, dot net, dot int, dot edu, dot gov, dot mil.
The 3 most common domains of all are Dot com, dot org, dot net so if you intent on getting a domain do pick any of the 3 common domains.

#2: Keep It Short
You might be wondering why domain names like Nairaland, Facebook, Twitter,Geeklogic etc are easy to memorize the reason is because they are short and would be easy to memorize so keep your domain short if long it should contain keywords.

#3:Avoid Numbers And Hyphens
Hyphens “:”. Numbers 1243 domain like this Qusy124.com should be avoidedbcause it looks like spam and will difficult to memorize. So if you intent on getting domain like that it’s a big NO from me to you

#4:Avoid Misspell And Pronunciation Error
Misspell and pronunciation error can really harm your SEO for instance you purchase this domain Cashour.com your audience heard your domain else where and type Cashhour.com if that domain fail to redirect to the real domain name you’ve lost someone interested in what you have to offer.
Cashhour.com and Cashour.com see no different same pronunciation my solution to this is totally avoid such domain or you register both to redirect to one that will make your web address look unique.

#5:Buy Expired Domain
Expired domain are profitable and most domains get quality SEO links my domain was once an expired domain. Before purchasing an expired domain make sure is easy to remember, and similar to your niche. To get an expired domain browse and search any of this two domains below
www.tool.domains
www.expireddomains.net

#6: Do Keyword Research
Always do keywords before purchasing a domain. You don’t just register any domain you heard or think of all because you love the domain name for instant I want to run an entertainment blog in Nigeria I will pick keywords that similarly to Nigeria like Naija,NG,9ja so where someone search for entertainment blog with does keywords your domain will appear ( www NaijaGbaGaun.com ). You might have seen some domain that contains no keywords. If you observant you should notice the most of those blogger add keywords to the meta tags, Title etc do a research and see for your self
Have come up with 3 entertainment domain names that contain keyword just register one.
NaijaGossipNews.com or com.ng
PremiumNgNews.com or com.com
NewsInNaija.com or com.ng
If you like any of the domain names just register it.

#7: Use Domain Suggestion Tools
This is another tools you can use to get a domain name base on suggestion either by suffixes or prefix try this websites below
www​.domainsbot.com
www​.freedomaingenerator.com
www​.nameboy.com
www​.namemesh.com/

#8:Act Fast
Domain names sell quickly If you find any you like register it before someone else register it. Buy a domain from my link and I”l help set it up for you free of charge just ===>>
CLICK THIS LINK TO BUY A DOMAIN http://url2it.com/rghse

#9: Buy A Top Level Domain Here
I no you need a domain just click on this banner or link below to buy http://url2it.com/rghse

Source: www.geeklogic.net/8-handy-ways-to-pick-a-prefect-domain-name/
Re: #8 Handy Ways To Pick A Prefect Domain Name by paulsir: 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
you did not do ur homework well,age is one of the best criteria used to buy a domain,especially premium.
Re: #8 Handy Ways To Pick A Prefect Domain Name by Frankicent(m): 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
paulsir:
you did not do ur homework well,age is one of the best criteria used to buy a domain,especially premium.
you've helped me in that grin thanks

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows A-Z On Blogging? / I Need Help On This My Blog / Webmasters Help Me!!! My Adsense Is Invisible.. Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.