Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? (837 Views)

Car Misfiring / Toyota Camry (2000 - 2017 Edition) Maintenance / Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? by chisunday(m): 12:14am On Jan 12, 2016
Please house I need your assistance my toyota camry v6 2000 model always misfire especially after a long distance drive. Please what could be the cause?

Also I just changed the linkage, ball joints and thyroid yet I still hear some embarrassing noise from the tyres, Pls what could be the cause also?

Thanks for your kind contributions.
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? by autotrader2: 4:55am On Jan 12, 2016
chisunday:
Please house I need your assistance my toyota camry v6 2000 model always misfire especially after a long distance drive. Please what could be the cause?

Also I just changed the linkage, ball joints and thyroid yet I still hear some embarrassing noise from the tyres, Pls what could be the cause also?

Thanks for your kind contributions.

For the embarrassing tyre noises, did you buy the original parts? For the misfiring, scan the car and get the code(s)
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? by instinctg(m): 8:49am On Jan 12, 2016
I think its better you carry out some servicing on the car by carrying out the following :

-Clean the fuel pump filter
-Change the fuel filter
-depends on how long the car has been used, but i suggest you change all the plugs , preferably NGK plugs .
-let your mechanic inspect all the spark plug wires
-if possible,tell your mechanic to clean the noozles

if these dont stop the misfiring , carry out a scan.

For the noise during movement, ensure that your shocks, brake pads and tires are good.
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? by oyefelix(m): 9:16am On Jan 12, 2016
check ur fuel system (fuel pump,injector nozzles)
check ur spark plugs and coils.
but better still run a scan to Know the specific problem.
u can call PLUGZ auto on 08061166316. for scan&repair, they did DT for me and it was superb.
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? by honmusa(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2016
autotrader2:

For the embarrassing tyre noises, did you buy the original parts? For the misfiring, scan the car and get the code(s)
For the misfire issue ,scan the car and see if u can get any related code and if there is none pointing to the misfiring ,run a fuel system pressure test to ascertain the fuel pressure status .
You can contact Plugz @ 08061166316 to run this test for you.
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? by chisunday(m): 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
IS PLUGZ IN PORT HARCOURT? COS I STAY IN PORT. AND AS FOR CHANGING OF SHOCKS I RECENTLY CHANGED THE FOUR SHOCKS BY DECEMBER 2015.
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? by autotrader2: 11:24am On Jan 13, 2016
chisunday:
IS PLUGZ IN PORT HARCOURT? COS I STAY IN PORT. AND AS FOR CHANGING OF SHOCKS I RECENTLY CHANGED THE FOUR SHOCKS BY DECEMBER 2015.

Call Kofi 08035403609. He is in PH
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Misfiring What Could Be The Cause? by oyefelix(m): 3:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
scan ur vehicle, dt should give u d best option.

(1) (Reply)

Buyers Be Warned / 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Spy Shots / Key Remote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.