Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Clapping Sound From Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Clapping Sound From Engine (850 Views)

Whinning Sound From Engine Bay / Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment / Clunking Sound From Front Legs Of My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clapping Sound From Engine by dubaiprince: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hello, This is my first time of posting on this section. I got a toks Toyota Matrix September Last year but I started using it fully in November. I noticed that when start the vehicle, it gives a grinding sound at start up and the sound stops immediately, then after driving for a while I hear a clapping sound like a flat metal plate hitting another flat metal plate around the passenger side of the engine. this clapping sound occurs at interval i.e the sound comes on for a while and goes off for a while and this only occurs when the car's transmission is engaged i.e on D When on P, the engine sounds normal. What could be the cause of the clapping sound? could it be as a result of the engine oil I use (20w50) or a Timing Chain Issue?

Gurus in the house. Kindly Help.
Re: Clapping Sound From Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
dubaiprince:
Hello, This is my first time of posting on this section. I got a toks Toyota Matrix September Last year but I started using it fully in November. I noticed that when start the vehicle, it gives a grinding sound at start up and the sound stops immediately, then after driving for a while I hear a clapping sound like a flat metal plate hitting another flat metal plate around the passenger side of the engine. this clapping sound occurs at interval i.e the sound comes on for a while and goes off for a while and this only occurs when the car's transmission is engaged i.e on D When on P, the engine sounds normal. What could be the cause of the clapping sound? could it be as a result of the engine oil I use (20w50) or a Timing Chain Issue?

Gurus in the house. Kindly Help.

bring it for a diagnosis if in lagos. 20w50 is too heavy for that engine.
Re: Clapping Sound From Engine by dubaiprince: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
ok Gazzuzz. Will be at your workshop this Saturday. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Driverless Cars Hit The Road In China / Pre Purchase Inspection / Check Out The 2017 Toyota Yaris Pricing And Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.