Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? (1013 Views)

Man Refuses To Take Child To Hospital After Blood Flowed To Her Head.See Why.PIC / Forcing A Child To Eat: Is This Child Abuse? / Is It By Force To Take Your Child To Santa? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by iconSAGE1(m): 10:20am On Jan 12, 2016
A story in new york has brought this question to the fore, 5 teenager are alleged to have ganged raped/ sexual assualted a an 18 year old girl walking in a park. Police released a videos showing 5 young Men in a store before the rape took place. 2 of them turned them turned themselves to the police . Mother of the two boys age age 14 and 15 personally handed them over to the police when they saw the video and recognized their sons. Now the Question is would you be Able to turn your child or cousines or any family members to the police if you're aware they committed a crime? Does it depend on the crime? Would you turn your child to the police for Any reason? So folks lest hear your thought.

Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by iconSAGE1(m): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2016
Please oo am a greenhorn Here i dont know how to demand for my topic to be pushed to front Page, Buh i hear people say Lalasticlacla pls push my topic to the front page. embarassed
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by Slickest(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2016
Yess I would
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by Feranchek(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2016
Sure thing. But...... hmmmm
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by Excelboi(m): 10:58am On Jan 12, 2016
To turn your kid/ward to the Nigerian police? can't say for now
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by Ayt27(m): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2016
I dunno, I don't have a kid
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by iconSAGE1(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2016
It's Easier said that You would..have you thought about the society impression??
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by jashar(f): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
cry
It would be extremely difficult to do. But I think I would especially if someone else was hurt by my child's action. I would hand them over and get a good lawyer for their defence.

As much as I would want to protect my children, there are somethings they should NEVER get away with.

When your child knows you'll do ANYTHING to protect him/her then that child would start taking you and other people for granted.

1 Like

Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by iconSAGE1(m): 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
jashar:
cry
It would be extremely difficult to do. But I think I would especially if someone else was hurt by my child's action. I would hand them over and get a good lawyer for their defence.
As much as I would want to protect my children, there are somethings they should NEVER get away with.
When your child knows you'll do ANYTHING to protect him/her then that child would start taking you and other people for granted.
. Best reply ever seen so far..but wat if your lawyer loses the case have you thought of the consequences like society gossip..they will be like do you know this stupid woman reported her own child to the police and had him go to jail.
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by jashar(f): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
iconSAGE1:
. Best reply ever seen so far..but wat if your lawyer loses the case have you thought of the consequences like society gossip..they will be like do you know this stupid woman reported her own child to the police and had him go to jail.

There will always be something to gossip about. After that scandal, another one would come along. Na today!!! grin

If the lawyer loses, no wahala now, pending the time I can appeal the case, I'll visit the child in jail. After all, he did commit the crime, let him do the time.
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by kristen12(f): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
I definitely would.
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by raumdeuter: 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
No I wont
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by ifyalways(f): 6:45am On Jan 13, 2016
No, I wont.
Re: Could You Turn Your Child To The Police If You're Aware They Committed A Crime?? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nigerian police... NO
Western police ... YES

(1) (Reply)

She Want Marriage: But Currently Earn More Than I Do Monthly; Any Side Effect? / Danish Woman Rescues Little Boy Who Was Accused Of Withcraft / Can You Please Point Out My Fault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.