Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship (54267 Views)

4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog / Wrong Assumptions We Make In Life. / Pls How Much Do Authors Make In Nigeria After Publishing His\her Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
virtuedagirl:
nice story with great lessons. Ladies sha hum!

Thanks @Virtuedagirl..Am glad you are gaining one or two things from the story...

And sorry for the delay in updating the stories.
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
adwaani:
oga please update ASAP.... I have brought my rocking chair,my viju milk, my data bundle is unlimited. you are the only one delaying my groove

*Smiles* Am glad your data bundle is unlimited cos i will be taking my time updating this story......Lotta dedication required in writing a story and another problem is time.

But i promise i wont disappoint, just keep checking always till am done updating the story.
Thanks in anticipation smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
sparog:
Don't keep me waiting ooh, [/color]haaaaaaa I will pull double kanye on you nah, oya update sharperly[color=#000099]

Am very sorry pal.......Its better late than never......Just keep following through, will surely squeeze out time from my busy schedule to complete this story....That i promise!
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
Episode 9

Hope my confession didn’t change anything?” i heard Samuel anxiously ask, while i touched his jaw and smiled,
“No dear it dosen’t” i replied sweetly, and he heaved a sigh of relief, before giving me a kiss on my cheek…….

I truly didn’t know what else to tell him, and so i stared silently at him, which he equally noticed. He drew closer to me and whispered into my right ear……

“Hope you are alright baby? Because you are yet to make any comment” he asked, while i breathed deeply and said nothing………

“I know you are very surprised?” he asked as he held my right hand. I nodded and smiled,
“Sure i’m, because it is very hard to believe that at your age and level you have never been intimate with a woman, even for once” i replied, and he looked down unhappily with a drawn jaw,

“I know something caused it and i can read it in your eyes and expression, tell me what is it?” i curiously inquired, but he just fidgeted and looked away…..

“Open up to me Sam, you will gain my trust more by opening up” i added, while he bit his lips and stared at me painfully,

“I dated a girl for four years without making love to her” he confessed and looked down in shame and pain. I reached out my hand and drew his face up, and into his eyes i gazed,
“Tell me how it all happened dear?” i asked curiously, with a fast beating heart, while he shook his head……..

“I loved her with my whole body, soul and spirit, but she took them all in her hand and crushed, as if it was nothing” he said unhappily, while i strongly held his hand as i listened to him……….

“So tell me about her” i quietly urged, and he swallowed hard, and bit his lips.

“We started dating right from our ss3, because she was my classmate and we equally got admitted into this university the same year. All went well at first, even though we never made love, just because she said we should save it for marriage which i equally will support, since i loved and trusted her with all my heart, moreover she equally was a good christian, so i had no doubt over her fidelity, but then everything changed last year, when she started to hang out with a boy she introduced as her coursemate to me, and before i knew what was happening she finally told me that she dosen’t have feeling’s for me any more” he narrated sadly, while my heart weep for him…..

I drew his hands and embraced him, while he tightly held me, as if he was my child,

“oh Samuel, only if you haven’t been so dull, this wouldn’t have happened to you” i said to myself as we held each other, and my love for him equally doubled, because i also deserved to have a male virgin for myself…….

Can two broken hearts linked together make a very giant strong heart of love??

Is Samuel a true saint or just another Emmanuel in her life?

We’ll get to know soon

-To be Continued-

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sorry for the delay in updating the story. Lotta demand in front of me, my blog inclusive.

Would be grateful if you guys can keep following through. And please pardon me, i might delay updating the episodes but i promise to deliver.

Its better late than not updating atall.

Thanks pals smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
Maiconyoung:
I dnt thnk i knw wat to offer u, am lovn ur story, u hve startd slown updates or u re busy?

Thanks Pal! I sight you right from the beggining of the post. Just keep following! smiley smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
OYAY:
Nice story! Moral lesson,self discipline and control!p.
Continue

Am glad you are gaining and not just enjoying this story...Thanks for stopping by.

Would be glad if you can follow through till the very last episode!

Thank You smiley smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Episode 10

He tried to kiss me again, but i politely pushed his face away, and his expression changed as he looked at me curiously,

“Hope i no fall hands by confessing to you” he anxiously asked in pidgin english, while i bursted into laughter,
“No dear you didn’t” i answered amidst laughter

he kept quiet and just watched me…….

“It’s just that i have to get going, because i have a school assignment i wish to tackle this evening” i explained, while he shrugged,
“Okay, but i do feel you are running away from me” he replied, and i breathed deeply,
“Dear i will return once i’m done with my assignment” i assured him, while he shrugged again,
“It’s okay and also remember to bring another plate of rice when coming” he added. I then got up with a smile and left his room……..

I truly had no assignment to do that evening, but i only wanted to be alone for a moment, in order to control and calm myself down, because i didn’t want to betray my excitement, moreover his confession really overwhelmed me, because i never dreamt i’d be so lucky to have a male virgin, whom i like so much for myself……

“Hmmm am i not a lucky girl?” i asked my image as i stared at my mirror with a smile, and just that moment i heard a knock on my door………

I opened my door happily, because i thought it was Mariam, my best friend who was at my door, because she earlier promised to show up, but my smile quickly disappeared when i saw David standing at the door way…….

“Hello pretty girl i came to keep you company” he said with a smile as he walked into my room, without even waiting for me to admit him in, while i froze in fear because everyone knew him as a Notorious Cultist…..

However David really was a very handsome and rich guy, who spoiled himself by belonging to a cult group, and he so much was into it, that he was very popular within and outside the hostel and school environment, and he equally was a boy who thought the world only revolved around money and cultism……

As he sat on my bed with a smile, i wondered what really brought him to my room, by that time of the day………..

He crossed his leg as he stared at me with a confident smile, while i sat on my plastic chair and faced him with a drawn face. Even though i was scared, i never showed it

“Are you not happy that i came to your room?” I heard him ask, while i shook my head and forced out a smile,
“I’m not feeling fine, and i was even about to sleep before you knocked” i replied……..

“But i just saw you coming out from Samuel’s room minutes ago?” he asked knowingly. I just kept quiet and held my jaw with both hands,
“But on a serious note why is a pretty girl like you, always hanging out with someone with no *swag*?” he asked with a serious look on his face. I breathed deeply as i stared into his eyes with disgust,
“I like boys with no swag” i replied, in a manner which would even make a brave ‘jew student’ raise his eye brow in fear, but i cared not, because i really didn’t like even the air he breathed…….

“Baby we are not quarreling nah? Please i’m also your friend” he said calmly, while i shifted uneasily on my chair,
“I’m so sorry for the tone i used, it’s just that i need to rest, please” i said to him, while he shruggled, stood up and came to my side…….

“Okay dear i will check on you tomorrow, please do take care of yourself” he said to me as he caressed my hair a bit, while i held my breath as i equally restricted myself from making any annoying comment, because his touch really was very irritating, but then i equally was more annoyed with his composure, because he just behaved confidently as if he owned both i and the hostel……..

He finally left my room with a well composed smile, which really annoyed me more, but i soon forgot all about him as i rested for a while, before warming my rice, and dishing out some for Samuel as promised……

However as i stepped out from my room with a plate of rice around 9:00pm, i ran into him again, as he was coming out from the hostel balcony, and he smiled as he saw me,
“nne seems like you are now okay?” he asked jovially, while i smiled and passed him………

Samuel was very happy when i brought the rice for him, and he thanked me countless times as he devoured it, while i smiled confidently as i watched him eat…….

I really didn’t tell him about David’s visit, which appeared very irrelevant to be discussed at that time, but then a part of me really urged me to tell him, but i suppressed and kept it to myself, even though i really didn’t know whether i did the right thing, especially with the events which later unfolded (Another great mistake most ladies make)…….

“Please can you sleep in my room tonight?” i heard myself ask Samuel, who froze for a while as he stared at me in surprise. I really didn’t know what pushed me to make such demand, but i guess it was because i very much scared of David and what he could do, which really didn’t make a whole lot of sense, but then i equally knew in my mind that i secretly wish to spend the night with Samuel..,…

However i also knew what i did when i made such demand, because as a girl it could have been easier for me to sleep in his room, but because of my pride i had rephrased my demand, which i knew any sharp guy would understand the hidden meaning……..

But Samuel really was at lost on what to say, and he just stared at me for a while before he was able to find his voice,
“Hope everything is okay?” he asked with concern, while i just nodded,
“Yea it’s just that i’m having a bad feeling which is making me to be scared” i replied,
“Don’t worry dear, i will be by your side tonight” he assured me with a smile, while i smiled in appreciation, even though i equally was disappointed that he didn’t insist for me to sleep in his room, which most guys would have done…….

However nothing really happened that night in my room, even though we both laid awake till very late in the night. I really was awake because it was my first time of spending the night with another boy, since i broke up with my Ex, while i easily noticed that Samuel was also awake, because he kept tossing around on my bed. I really didn’t know whether it was because he was uncomfortable in my room that made him toss around, or because he was summoning the courage to touch me…….

He finally drew close and held me, which delighted me very much, but i kept quiet and pretended to be asleep. To my greatest dismay he didn’t go further or do anything else to me, before we finally slept…….

Hmmmm, since that that night, my respect for him equally grew, because he behaved like a real gentleman who he has always claimed to be.

We woke up very late the following morning, and it was a steady knock on my door which really woke us, and i really was forced to open my door, when the person knocking refused to give up……..

It was precisely 7:05AM when i opened my door that fateful morning, to see David standing on my door-way, with hands in his pocket, and a fixed smile on his face……..

What what his plan?

Did he get to know that Samuel and i slept together on the same bed the previous night?

We’ll know in the next episode

-To be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-10/

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
virtuedagirl:
nice story with great lessons. Ladies sha hum!
u knw hw ladies m'bhave too?
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
Episode 11

I blocked my slightly opened door with my body, which prevented him from walking into my room, just like he did the previous day. However he never showed any surprise, but instead continued to smile sweetly…….

“How was your night, i came as soon as i woke up, because i want your face to be the first thing i will see this morning” he said, while i smiled,
“Thanks i’m very fine, but you also woke me from sleep” i complained as i rubbed my eyes…….

“I’m so sorry dear, will you be going out today?” he asked,
“Yea i will and why do you ask?” i replied,
“I just want to spend some time with you” he explained, while i shruggled, “well that will be another day” i answered………

Instead of leaving, he still stood and watched me, while i returned his gaze without knowing what else to say to him,
“You are really so beautiful dear, and i will do anything just to win your heart” he said sweetly and fluently, while i smiled,
“Thanks sha, but you need not bother because you won’t succeed, moreover i already have a guy” i replied calmly, which made him to smile,

“You mean him?” he asked, as he pointed towards Samuel’s room……..

“Please i’m yet to brush nor clean up, lets talk later” i heard myself say to him, but just that moment Mariam appeared from nowhere and stood beside him, with a smile,
“Baby good morning, i’m so sorry i was unable to show up yesterday, abeg shift make i enter nah” she said playfully, while my legs shook, as my heart leaped, because Samuel was in my room, probably still in my bed, a situation i really didn’t want her to witness, because i really haven’t told her much about Samuel, and she might misinterpret the whole thing…….

“Baby give way nah, make i enter” she said again, while i hesitantly opened my door a little wider, in order for her to enter,

“David thanks for checking up on me, we will continue our discussion some other time” I said to David with a sweet smile, as i closed my door………

With a fast beating heart, i turned and faced my room, but surprisingly i saw Samuel seated at the edge of my bed, well composed and engrossed in his mobile phone which he was playing with. I breathed deeply (What a sharp guy)…….

Yet Mariam still smiled and eyed me suspiciously, as she turned to face me again……

“We will chat later since your friend is already here” i heard Sam say nervously, as he stood up and left, while i smiled as i locked my door before facing Mariam again, who still continued to look at me suspiciously…….

“I just noticed many things” she said to me with a smile,
“Things like what?” i asked, but she just shruggled……

“Dear friend, hope you are not planning to keep this away from me?” she asked with a little laugh,

“Hope you are not planning to deny that you just slept with Samuel?” she seriously asked me, while i gasped…….

“No, i didn’t ooo” i seriously replied as i fell on my bed, and clutched my teddy bear with a smile,
“sharrap you liar” i heard Mariama say with a smile,
“Didn’t Samuel sleep here last night?” she asked seriously, as if she already was aware he did, while i wondered whether she really knew, or was just trying to play with my intelligence……

I breathed deeply and stared at her,
“Yes he did, but nothing ensued between us” i replied, while her face lit up momentarily with bright eyes, which soon died away as she stared at me again in surprise,
“Huh what did you just say?? Do you mean you two didn’t??” she asked, while i seriously nodded to her,
“Yea we didn’t do anything, he is a complete gentleman” i said with a smile……

“Abeg go jare, you wan tell mesay two of una sleep on top the same bed and nothing happened?” she asked in a surprise look an a naughty smile,
“Comot there, you chukuchuku girl, you too like bad thing, do you thing everybody behaves like you, thank God you no be man tufiakwa! things for happen well for your head” i said to her, while she laughed out loud……

“I was on my way coming, when i saw you both sneaking into your room last night so i just turned and returned to my room, but i came here this early, in order to confirm whether he actually slept here” she explained,
“Infact you are jobless” i said to her with a smile…….

“So what’s up with you and David?” she enquired, while i shruggled,
“I don’t know what is wrong with that boy, he just started showing interest in me” i replied with a yawn,
“Please be careful with that wolf ooo, don’t mind his innocent face, he is very dangerous” she advised me……

We chatted all through that morning happily, and we really had a great time, because Mariam never lacks topics and so we ate together, gisted and joked till noon, when she left for her room……..

I immediately freshened up as soon as she left, before calling Samuel on phone, in order to know where he was,

“I went to see my uncle, i will be back shortly” he replied,
“Abeg buy something when returning, including Christian love movies oo” i begged,
“Ok madam i will” he replied, while i smiled……

I had barely ended the phone call when i heard someone knock on my door, i immediately knew it was David which really made my body temperature rise a bit. I breathed deeply and reached for my door, which i quietly opened, while he stood at the doorway with his usual decieving smile………

“May i come in?” he politely asked, while i nodded, opened my door wider and made way for him to enter my room, which he did with a confident smile on his face.

David calmly entered my room with a confident smile on his face. I left my door opened, and drew down my curtain, which then stood in its place, because i really didn’t want to lock myself inside my room with him.

“You are looking very lovely” he said with a smile as he sat on my bed. I sat on a plastic chair and forced out a smile,
“Thanks ooo my God is alive” i replied…….

“So what plans do you have for the rest of the day?” he asked,
“I don’t understand your question” i replied as i gave him a curious look,
“How do you plan to spend the rest of the day?” he asked,
“Oops now i understand, anyway i have no plans other than to read my books, sleep and eat” i replied a bit coldly,
“Hmmm it’s okay sha” he muttered……..

We stayed in silence for a while, which really was one of my boring moments that particular day. I sat uneasily on my chair and browsed with my phone, as i equally prayed for Mariam to show up and rescue me……

“Globacom is hosting a show this evening in school, will you like to attend?” he later asked. I looked up in surprise and shook my head,
“Really!, how come i didn’t hear about it” i muttered to myself loudly…..

“So will you like to attend?, i heard Tuface, Wizkid and other musicians will be coming?” he asked anxiously, but i just bit my lips and looked away,
“No i don’t think i will go” i replied, even though i secretly was dying to attend such a show, but then i really couldn’t accept to go out with such a boy, whom i knew was all out to impress me, till he gets whatever he had in mind, moreover attending such a show with him, might end up into another thing which i equally was very scared to think of…..

“What are you thinking” he asked, stood up and drew close to me, while i immediately composed myself and smiled,
“Nothing i’m fine” i replied, but he squatted by my side and held my hands,

“i know you don’t trust me, i can see it in your eyes, but no matter the opinion you may have about me, just know that i’m also human, who deserves to be shown love and respect which you are not even showing to me” he said as he stared into my eyes……

“what do you mean?” i heard myself ask, but he laughed,
“i can read your eyes, you despise me because you know i belong to a secret cult, but dear if you should hear my story, you won’t really blame me at all” he said calmly.

“I’m already in love with you which i can’t help, please just take me as a friend. It hurts me very much whenever you treat me like dirt, just like you did this morning, please don’t look at my outside nature, but look inside me, and decide for yourself, whether i’m that bad” he added, while his face changed as if he wanted to cry……..

I really was touched, but all i could do was just to look away and stand up,
“I have heard you, but it won’t change anything, we will continue to be friends and nothing more, just as you asked for” i replied………

“It’s okay by me, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step” i heard him say as he stood up,
“What do you mean” i asked in surprise, but he just laughed,
“Don’t mind me dear, it’s really nothing” he replied,
“But i have one more request” he added, while i turned and faced him,
“What is it?” i asked.

“Please i need just a friendly hug from you, to mark our friendship, then i will leave” he begged, while i bit my lips and looked away,

“Common what’s so hard in it?, a friendly hug won’t do you anything” he begged…..

I shruggled as i breathed deeply, hesitantly drew close and hugged him, while he tightly held me a bit longer than i had in mind……….

Unluckily Samuel banged in that very moment…………..

What happened next?

Watchout in the next episode

-To be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-11/
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
You can like my FacebookPage www.facebook.com/bussydave so you wont miss out when the next episode has been released
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Episode 12.......... (c) www.bussydave.com.ng

I instantly broke free from David when i saw Samuel enter my room. My heart furiously pounded while my legs shook, as he sat on my bed with a blank expression……

David just stood with a smile on his face as he stared at Samuel who just pretended as if he didn’t notice his presence,

“My guy how far nah” i heard David say, as he drew close to him with an extended right hand, which he unhappily shook with a dry smile on his face. I felt like disappearing like a ghost as i watched them with frightened eyes……..

“Baby i have to get going, we will continue our discussion later, okay!” David said with a smile before leaving my room, while all i did was just to stare at him silently, because i really was extremely confused that moment…….

“Here are the movies you asked me to buy” Samuel said coldly, as he stood up with a nylon bag, immediately after David left, while i drew closer to him and stared into his eyes, but he instantly looked away…….

He dropped the small nylon bag, which instantly opened as soon as it landed on my bed, revealing a plate of ice cream, a well wrapped cake and two DVD plates, which i eyed hungrily as soon as i saw them…….

“I’m going to my room, do have a nice evening” he added with a cold tone, which sent shivers down my spine. I instantly reached for his right hand, which i held tightly with shaking hands.

“Why are you leaving so soon, and why is your voice so cold?” i asked, even though i knew the reason he was angry, but naturally as a girl i pretended not to know, moreover i equally owed him no explanation, because i wasn’t yet officially his girlfriend…….

“Please i’m very tired, we will talk later” he replied, without even looking at me, while i bit my lips as i cursed David in my mind,

“What you saw earlier, dosen’t mean anything, he just forced himself on me” i tried to explain, which i really did with a whole lot of courage, because i hate explaining my actions to anyone, and i equally had to do it, because i very much cared about him, but my explanation only made him more angry, and his eyes furiously burned as he looked up at me in a way i never had seen him look.

“Let me go, you girls are all the same” he muttered, snatched his hand from my grip and left my room, while his last words smote my heart like a double edged sword…..

Oh how it pains to be wrongfully accused or suspected……

——————————————

I battled with my pride as i watched him leave. Truly I felt like following him to his room that moment and continue with my explanation, but i held myself,
_
“Let him be for now, don’t go after him, you are a girl for Christ’s sake” my mind advised me…….
_
I locked my door and laid on my bed, while my thoughts kept me company as i wondered and reasoned how Samuel must have felt when he saw David and i hugging.
_
“But it was just a friendly hug nau” i reassured myself and sighed……
_
I really was confused on how to approach Samuel or apologize to him without appearing cheap, because there really was nothing i hate more, than a girl begging a guy over anything,
_
“Hmmm i did that as a little naive girl, i don’t think i will stoop so low for him” i muttered to myself, even though my mind wasn’t strong as i sounded……
_
Two hours later, i left my room and knocked on his door, which opened a minute later, but it wasn’t Samuel who opened the door, but one of David’s friend who also was our neighbour…….
_
I gasped in surprise when i saw him, because i knew he wasn’t friendly or close with Samuel, but i kept my thoughts to myself, as i forced out a smile and entered into the room…..
_
I panicked and shook in fear when i equally saw David sitting on a plastic chair with a smile on his face, while Samuel sat on his rug and faced his television. I smelt danger immediately, even though everything appeared normal inside the room….
_
“Hahaha your friend is already here, we have to get going” David said with a smile as he nodded to his friend, who was at the door, stood up and shook hands with Samuel.
_
“Don’t look at me that way nah, i just came to see Sam and also make him my friend, you know he hardly talks to people” He explained as he drew close and touched my left cheek, before leaving the room with his friend…….
_
“Hope everything is okay?” i asked Samuel with concern, immediately we were alone, but he said nothing to me,
_
“Talk to me nau” i anxiously pleaded as i held his left hand……
_
“Everything is fine” he said with a dry smile, while i shook my head,
_
“Your voice dosen’t sound alright, tell me what did he say to you?” i asked, but he just smiled again and stared at me,
_
“It’s just boy’s talk and nothing you should know” he replied coldly, before facing his t.v again, while i bit my lips, stormed out from his room, and marched towards David’s room angrily…..
_
Seriously i never knew i had such courage to march towards David’s room that evening unaided. I soon got to his door and knocked furiously. But i was caught off guard when a pretty slim girl opened the door and stared at me in surprise…….
_
“eemm is David inside?” i managed to ask, but the girl just kept quiet and looked me over. Luckily David soon appeared with a smile behind the girl,
_
“I know you will surely show up, Linda make way for our visitor to enter nah” i heard him say……

-To be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-12/
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
Kip it cuming, more grease 2 ur....

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by virtuedagirl(f): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
getting more interesting,tanks 4 d updates, as 4 me i just d observe them david,sam,...

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 11:45am On Jan 15, 2016
Maiconyoung:
Kip it cuming, more grease 2 ur....

Thanks pal!.Am encouraged! smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2016
virtuedagirl:
getting more interesting,tanks 4 d updates, as 4 me i just d observe them david,sam,...

Smiles........Am glad you are following through and enjoying the story

More updates on the way.Just stay tune and sorry for the delay smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2016
Story Source:
http://www.bussydave.com.ng
Episode 13

“I didn’t come for a friendly visit, please leave Samuel and i alone, we didn’t do anything to you” i barked at him furiously, while his smile quickly died away, as my words hit him like a disfigured 504 salon car…….
_
Linda equally stared at me with confusion in her eyes, while David quickly controlled his surprise and forced out a smile again,
_
“Come inside lets discuss, i don’t understand your outburst” he said to me, but i just eyed him furiously and walked away fearlessly……..
_
‘Imagine the idiot even have a girl in his room, tomorrow he will claim that she is his sister mtcheeeew” i said with a long sigh as i walked towards Samuel’s room…….
_
“Where did you go?” he anxiously asked, as soon as i entered his room,
_
“I went to give that silly David a piece of my mind” i replied, while his face coloured immediately……
_
“Are you crazy? What did you just do?” he asked with a slightly raised tone, while my eyes equally sparkled with anger as i stared at him….
_
“You asked whether i’m crazy right? No wahala i brought all these problems and insults upon myself” i said angrily, stood up and left his room,
_
“No wait i never meant to insult you” i heard him plead, as he rushed up and held my left hand, but i snatched it from him and walked into my room……..
_
He knocked on my door for hours, called my phone countless times, and even sent me lots of text messages that evening, which i all ignored, because i really wanted to punish him a little, though i must confess i enjoyed every bit of it……..
_
I equally heard David’s ‘pattern of knocking’ on my door later in the night, i equally ignored it and slept away…….
_
Early the next day, i went downstairs with my bucket to fetch water, because i earlier planned to travel home that fateful day.
_
“Hello” i heard a feminine voice greet, as i was filling my bucket with tap water, i turned instantly with a smile, and there stood the same girl i saw in David’s room the previous day staring at me……
_
“What’s up dear” i replied politely,
_
“Do you recognize me?” she asked,
_
“Of course i do. Were you not the girl i saw in David’s room yesterday?” i replied and asked,
_
“Yea i’m the girl, i’m so sorry for being a little rude to you yesterday” she apologized, while i laughed,
_
“Were you rude to me? Hmmm i didn’t even notice it, anyway it’s cool my name is Mary” i said to her,
_
“Thanks dear, mine is Linda” she replied,
_
“Yea i know” i said with a smile as i carried my bucket, while she blushed…….
_
“Please there is something i wish to sit down and discuss with you” she humbly pleaded. I stared at her in surprise and breathed deeply,
_
“I’m travelling today, but i’ll be back by tomorrow afternoon, will tomorrow evening be okay for you?” i asked,
_
“Yea it will, i will come over to your room” she replied with glittering eyes, which made her look even more beautiful.
_
“Do you know my room?” i asked with surprise,
_
“of course i do” she replied with a smile,
_
“okay till then” i said as i nodded in agreement, before walking away with my bucket of water, while my thoughts kept me company, as i wondered what she really wanted to discuss with me…

I really couldn’t relax when i finally travelled home that fateful day, as i kept on wondering what Linda wanted to discuss with me, but then i really had no clue nor choice, than to have patience till the next evening when we scheduled our meeting for…….
_
“I don’t understand you anymore, are you still angry with me?” i heard Samuel ask, when i finally answered his phone call later in the evening. Truly i equally was so glad to hear his voice, because even though i really was angry with him, for the tone and words he used on me the previous day, i equally knew i also was at fault…..
_
“Let’s just forget about it, it’s all in the past” i replied calmly,
_
“Thank God you know, anyway where are you?” he asked,
_
“I travelled home but i will be back tomorrow” i replied,
_
“My God! See your way nah, you just travelled without informing me?” he accused bitterly,
_
“I’m sorry, though you caused it” i muttered quietly…….
_
2pm, After i had kept all my foodstuffs in their locations, i freshened up and headed to Samuel’s room, dressed in my black sleeveless top and a short. With a bowl of oranges, guava and English pear on my left hand, i knocked on his door, which opened seconds later,……
_
“Oh goodness me!” he exclaimed immediately his eyes fell on me. I smiled and cat-walked into his room,
_
“Did you miss me?” i asked with a smile,
_
“Of course i missed you” he replied instantly as he stared at me with a surprising look……..
_
“Here are the fruits i brought for you, hope you know how to peel oranges?” i asked with a smile, as i stood up seconds later,
_
“No i don’t know how to peel them” he replied jokingly.
_
“I will peel them for you later in the evening, i want to go and prepare soup with the ingredients my mum gave me, before they get spoilt” i explained, while he breathed deeply,
_
“Okay then lets go together” he said with a smile,
_
“No don’t bother i’m expecting a friend” i replied. He bit his lips and stared at me suspiciously, but luckily for him, he didn’t ask any stupid question which could have brought another problem between us……..
_
“Okay then, i guess i’ll have to wait here for the soup” he said with a forced smile,
_
“I never said i was bringing any for you” i joked, touched his jaw and left without another word……..
_
I really do love to cook, and it really is one of the qualities i inherited from my mum, who never gets tired of cooking even when her children is around.
_
I was soon done with the soup minutes later, and as i was about bringing it down from my stove, i heard gentle knocks on my door……
_
“Hey dear, hope i came at the right time?” linda asked sweetly, when i opened my door a minute later,
_
“Yea dear, infact you came at the right time, i just finished cooking a pot of soup” i replied politely,
_
“Hmmm really!, i thought you just returned?” she asked, while i just smiled and shrugged,
_
“kpom kpom kpommm kpom kpom kpom kpom!” David’s pattern of knocking soon sounded on my door, moments later as we were about settling down for discussion,
_
“Who could be knocking this way?” i heard linda ask,
_
“I think it’s David” i answered with a smile as i watched her face, while she instantly gasped in fear…….

-To be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-13/

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
Common Mistakes Ladies Make in a Relationship (http://www.bussydave.com.ng)

Episode 14

“Please i don’t want him to know that i’m here” Linda held my left hand and pleaded with frightened eyes, while i looked at her in surprise as i equally searched her face,

“I will explain later but please don’t let him come into your room” she added fearly,
_
“Don’t worry dear, i won’t” i assured her with a smile…….
_
I finally opened my door half- way with a fast beating heart, and blocked the entrance with my body as i stared at David, who just smiled sweetly at me like an innocent child,
_
“Hey dear how you dey?” he asked,
_
“I’m fine and busy with my assignments” i replied,
_
“Can i come in? I promise not to disturb you, i’m very bored and lonely in my room” he asked with a smile, while i shook my head,
_
“Please come some other time, i really want to be alone” i answered with a serious look. He smiled, shrugged and gave me a cold look which really frightened me,
_
“okay i will come later in the evening” he said before walking away, while i breathed deeply,
_
“what is wrong with this boy?” i asked myself…….
_
“Has he gone?” linda inquired curiously as soon as i locked my door, while i smiled and advanced towards her,
_
“Yes dear he has gone back to where he came from” i replied with a smile, while She breathed deeply,
_
“Thank God” i heard her mutter…….
_
“So dear i’m very eager to hear what you came to discuss with me” i said curiously as i sat beside her, but she just looked away as if she wasn’t sure of herself any more.
_
“I have the feeling David knows i’m here” i heard her mutter with a lost voice. I drew closer and rested my right hand on her left shoulder,
_
“What is really going on and why are you so scared of him?” i asked,
_
“I don’t think it’s important anymore i have to get going” she said and stood up suddenly, while i held her left hand strongly, and pleaded with her,
_
“Please open up to me, i promise to keep our discussion secret” i pleaded desperately, even though i really didn’t know what pushed me to do so……
_
She stared at me silently for a while, before sitting on my bed again,
_
“I couldn’t help but notice how attached and obsessed David have become over you, do you have feelings for him?” she asked as she looked into my eyes, while i instantly was thrown into shock, confusion and surprise, because i really didn’t know the motive behind her question, whether she asked it as a girlfriend, sister, solicitor or a jealous stalker, but before i could get my composure back, her phone rang…

Her face coloured as she stared at her ringing phone for a while before standing up again,
_
“I better start going, we will talk some other time” she muttered as she walked towards my door, while i stared at her in silence, because i really was very stunned, extremely surprised and confused…..
_
She left my room without another word, while i stood up, walked to my closed door, locked it and returned to my bed, where i lay with my thoughts before falling asleep due to fatigue…….
_
I jolted from my bed around 7:30pm that evening, prepared my night meal, freshened up, and left for Samuel’s room. I walked into his room with a tray of Garri and soup, while he stared at me happily, when he opened his door…..
_
“I thought you weren’t coming again” he confessed, which equally made me smile.
_
“I was carried away by sleep oo” i explained with a yawn,
_
“And where did it drop you?” he asked as he brought a bowl of water,
_
“It dropped me on your head” i joked. He laughed and washed his hands……
_
We ate silently that fateful evening because we were very hungry, and he also never asked about the friend whom i told him i was expecting earlier in the day, which really earned him a great deal of my respect, even though i knew i wouldn’t have been able to hold myself from asking, if i was in his shoes……
_
We were soon done with the meal, which finished quickly, and he then sat by my side and waited upon me as i peeled oranges for him,
_
“You really don’t know how much you have changed my life and the kind of influence you now have over me” he muttered moments later, while i blushed.
_
“Seriously dear, you have redefined my life, and i do owe you a lot for that. I know i’m not romantic, but i’m trying my best to learn, i promise to do everything within my power to make you happy, i love you so much” he poured out to me, while my hands shook slightly…
_
He reached for the orange i held with my left hand, took it from my grasp, knelt by my side and gave me a nice hug…..
_
I trembled under the hotness of his tight hug and it was as if a thousand volts of love had hit me. He drew up my face and stared into my eyes,
_
“Oh baby i wish you could feel how my heart is beating for you” he muttered,
_
“I wish you could feel how i’m trembling inside because of you” i said to myself……
_
I really wished for something more closer from him other than the regular hug, but it doesn’t seem coming. This made a part of me happy and another part of me sad. But still doesn’t change my feelings for him

“I think i’m in love with a saint here” I said to myself

-To be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-14/

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
Sorry for the delay in updating the story pals....Have just been busy.......

Now lets continue grin grin grin grin
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
Episode 15

Our love affair grew stronger from that day, and we could have dated happily ever after if not for David who often showed up to spoil things, he still continued wooing me and nothing i did to stop him seemed to have any effect on him, instead it appeared to make him more desperate than ever, which truly alarmed me, that i had no choice than to seek Mariam’s advice and help who then suggested that we team up with Linda before confronting him.

Against Samuel’s approval i accepted Mariam’s suggestion and tried to reach an agreement with Linda, but my first attempt failed when David mysteriously showed up and spoiled the whole thing by expressing his feelings to me in Linda’s presence, which suddenly made her more jealous and suspicious that i had to flee from her room that fateful evening.

I truly was very hurt and beaten by David’s unexpected cunny move that i utterly decided to give up, but no Mariam wouldn’t accept defeat and urged me to go back and explain things to Linda, which i did with her by my side.

When we were about gaining Linda’s confidence again, David appeared as usual from no where to spoil things again for us, even though he came this time with two other bad boys who blocked and locked us inside linda’s room. Only God knew his plan that fateful day.

A bitter argument instantly ensued between David and Linda which soon resulted to David rendering her a sharp slap. A visibly provoked and angry Mariam instantly jumped up to Linda’s defence and dared David.

In the confrontation and exchange of words that followed, David finally revealed to Mariam that he wasn’t going to touch her merely because her boyfriend is a member of his gang, which instantly stunned and left Mariam speechless.

I had to intervene by calling him a liar, but before he could reply my comment, Linda angrily attacked him with a kitchen knife, though he luckily saw her on time, side stepped and tried to grab the knife, but he miscalculated, and screamed as the blunt blade cut his left finger.

We all gasped…

David stared at his injured finger for a while before descending heavily on linda, kicking, hitting and slapping her randomly with fury.

Linda’s cry soon shook the whole lodge that fateful evening, making us freeze like statues as she received David’s blows all alone. I truly have never heard nor witnessed anyone cry with such pain and anguish before in my life, but instead of rendering any help, i just stood and watched as if i was watching a home video.

Perhaps it was because my strength failed me that moment or because i was too scared to jump into the fight, but then whatever it was that prevented me from intervening that moment equally turned me into a very heartless girl who just stood and watched a fellow girl as she got beaten in a fight which truly started because i happened to be in that very room that moment.

“Supposing Mariam and i left things as they were, all these wouldn’t have happened but i guess it’s now too late to be regretting” i reasoned as i watched him beat up linda.

Mariam was still too stunned to intervene, as she sat speechless on the bed with both hands on her head.

After David’s revelation about her boyfriend that fateful evening, she just coloured up and kept to herself like an AIDS patient.

Finally i heaved a sigh of relief with a deep breathe as David’s two friends rushed up and dragged him out from Linda, who just laid motionless from the terrifying blows she got from him. The poor girl really had given up with her struggles when her strength failed her, yet David really was very furious to care or even notice.

Supposing his two friends didn’t break him away from her that moment, i truly don’t know what could have happened.

David and his friends finally left us alone in ‘pieces’ and i was then left with the huge task of reviving Linda. Poor girl who was trampled upon, humilated and beaten all because of love.

With shaking hands, i lifted up her head and tried to revive her….

Where's this gonna end?

How do i end David's case all at once

We'll find out soon!

-To be continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-15
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
Episode 16

“David is a devil” Linda cried as i helped her sit up,

“I will report him to school security and the police” i assured her,

“No don’t do that, it will only make matters worst, just let me handle it” she replied sadly, while i looked at her with pity before shaking my head sadly.

“Don’t worry about me just go to your room i want to be left alone” she added sorrowfully,

“Why, you are yet to regain your strength, i’m not going anywhere” i replied with a heavy heart, but she calmly pushed me away from her side,

“Mary please just go with your friend, trust me i’m okay” she assured with red eyes. I shrugged with resignation, stood up and dragged Mariam with me as i quietly left her room.

My legs shook as i walked out from Linda’s room that evening, while my heart wept as if i was the one who received the beating. Surely i was very downcast with a guilty feeling because i knew i caused the whole fight by being in her room that evening.

“Do you believe that Timi is a cultist?” Mariam suddenly asked as we climbed the stairs leading to our floor, instantly dragging me away from my thoughts,

“I seriously don’t know dear, life itself is a mystery” I calmly replied.

Even though i was shocked when i heard David’s revelation on Timi’s involvement in cultism, i wasn’t entirely surprised because i really never liked him for once but just tolerated him because of my friend, perhaps that was why i easily believed David’s revelation even though i clearly hid my feelings from her, because i really didn’t have the strength to take on another scene…

“I will confront him tonight” she muttered quietly,

“Good but be diplomatic when doing that” i advised. She said no other word and left for her room….

I barely had settled in my room, when Samuel’s knock shook and woke me from my thoughts,

“Please dear i’ll like to be left alone” i pleaded when i opened my door. He stared at me with surprise but i looked away and avoided his gaze.

“Hope you are okay?” he asked,

“Yea but please let me be for now, i’ll come over to your room later” i pleaded. He stared at me for a while, shrugged and left without further questions, even though i knew his mind must be filled with questions that very moment.

I really couldn’t help but wonder what was in Samuel’s mind that fateful evening, but my heart soon leapt when i heard someone knock on my door with (David’s usual way of knocking) which left me stunned, speechless and indecisive as i contemplated whether to answer or not……..

“What is it again?” i coldly asked David when i finally opened my door. I never really planned to answer his knock that fateful evening, but i was forced to do so when it became obvious he wasn’t ready to give up knocking on my door.

In order to stop him from disturbing my neighbours whom i knew were already peeping from their respective door “keyholes” to ascertain where the persistent knock disturbing them was coming from, and Samuel whom I also knew heard the noise, i really had no choice than to open my door and face the devil.

“What took you so long?” he asked with a smile, expertly avoiding the question i asked him.

“What is it that you want?” i coldly asked again, while my right hand strongly held my door knob, for easy closing of my door incase he tried anything si.ll.y.

“C’mon baby why the angry look?” he asked with a composed smile. I boiled inside as i stared at him with hatred,

“How can he appear, so calm, well composed and lively after all he just did?” i wondered angrily.

“Anyway since you don’t want to talk to me, let me go ahead and say what brought me to your room” he added calmly.

“I came to apologize because of what happened this evening in Linda’s room, and i truly did what i did just to prove to you that there is nothing going on between Linda and i anymore even though i do regret hitting her so hard” he tried to explain, but his explanation and apology only got on my nerves and infuriated me more.

“You didn’t just hit the poor girl hard, you also tried to kill her, and never you say that you did such a stupid thing to prove your nonsense love to me, i never sent you on such errand, so just leave me alone please” i bravely barked at him. His eyes instantly lit up in anger for a while before dying down again.

“So i lost Linda for nothing?” he asked,

“If you know what’s good for you better go and apologize to her and pray she forgives you” i answered bitterly.

“Mary please don’t turn me into a wretch because you won’t like it” he muttered with a dirty smile, which really shook my poor legs and frightened me.

“Are you threatening me??” i asked nervously. He just smiled and walked away, leaving me in great fear, suspense and wonder. Truly David knows how to leave a lasting impression on anyone he targets and as he walked away that fateful evening i was left in deep thought as i tried to figure out what he meant by being left a wretch….

I locked my door showered and rushed into Samuel’s room, deeply shaken and scared to my bones.

“baby hope you are alright?” he asked with concern,

I only came to his room that night to loose sight of David and whatever plan he has. And one thing i love about Samuel; he never complains but always there for me when i need him most.

-To be continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-16
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
If you are really anxious and eager to know where this story will end, you can get read ahead of others on my blog http://www.bussydave.com.ng smiley smiley smiley but be rest assured am gonna finish up the story for other nairalanders.

Thanks for reading through pals:
Virtuedagirl
Maiconyoung
adwaani
Sparog
Snowangel4
Joepreety
DuchessLily
jacy67
Nikkyparadise

and many others i cant name including the silent readers who has failed to comment but are silently enjoying the story smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
Episode 17

I barely had returned to my room the following morning, when Mariam knocked and entered with a very sad and tired look. She really looked that moment like a night worker who worked without rest all through the night.

She wearily fell on my bed with a sigh. I sat beside her, with both hands on my waist and stared curiously at her with surprise.

“It’s over between Timi and i” she muttered, while i gasped in shock,

“What did you just say?” i heard myself ask

“My relationship with Timi is over” she announced again, i just breathed deeply and kept quiet for few seconds.

“How? What exactly happened?” i calmly asked,

“I confronted him last night about his ties with a cult group, he tried denying it but when i continued with my questions, he barked at me almost hitting me in the process. I gave him a condition to tell me the truth or kiss our affair goodbye, yet he ignored me till this morning when i left the room” she explained unhappily, while I smiled and held her left hand.

Even though i really never supported her relationship with that boy, i knew my friend really do love him, and so i had to be cautious and neutral when advising her.

I looked at my wall clock which read 7:30AM, bit my lips and stared at my friend. I planned going to school that fateful day but with the look of things i knew i might skip lectures again.

“Girlfriend are you very sure about your decision?, you are already into him which is a fact you can’t deny” i asked with a smile, but she kept quiet and pretended as if she didn’t hear my words.

Someone knocked on my door seconds later, which made me move my attention to my door. I waited extra two minutes before finally opening my door, where a nervous looking Timi greeted me with a forced smile.

“is Mariam with you?” he calmly asked with a searching look. At first I truly was at lost on what to reply him, but when i finally made up my mind to deny ever seeing her that morning, Mariam appeared behind me and shouted at him.

“What are you doing here, leave me alone” she barked before shutting the door on his face. Instead of leaving, he surprised us by knocking again for almost an hour, and it really appeared as if he wasn’t ready to leave my door alone until it was opened.

I really was uncomfortable and a bit sad, because I already have missed lectures for that day and still trapped in my room all because i was standing by my friend.

“I think you should have a little chat with him, you never can tell what he wants to say to you” i finally whispered to Mariam when i couldn’t endure his knock anymore. She tried to argue, but i gave her no chance, stood up and opened my door for Timi who quickly rushed to her side.

I never believed nor dreamt that someone like Timi could ever do such a thing for a girl,

“Is that what true love really means or is he just trying to defend his pride??” was the question i keeping asking myself as i left them alone in my room to fetch a bucket of water downstairs…….

I ran into Linda when i finally got downstairs. I smiled polietly and stopped by her side. She was well dressed up that fateful morning, with a big pink handbag slung on her right shoulder. The events of the previous evening instantly came racing into my mind and i glanced at her injured beauty with a heart filled with pain.

“Hi dear are you going to school?” i asked with a look of surprise, because after what happened the previous day i never knew she even had the strength to dress up for an outing.

“No i’m going over to a friend’s house, i’ll stay there till i recover” she explained with a weak smile. I truly was touched.

“That’s a nice idea dear, i’ll keep praying for you” i muttered with a friendly pat on her left shoulder. She nodded with a smile and left without another word. I really felt like crying that moment, but i held myself and walked to the water-pump, which unfortunately wasn’t working that morning. With a deep sigh i went to the extreme end of the backyard where the second water pump was located and equally where David and his friends do stay most of the time, smoking and doing some weight-lifting exercises, making that corner of our lodge highly avoided by students, but i had no choice than to go there, since i badly needed water…

I slowly went there with a fast beating heart, and just like i feared David and two guys sat beside the water-pump discussing seriously. I muttered some greetings which they ignored before quietly fetching water from the Tap.

“I will be in your room later” i heard David mutter with a serious look as i carried the heavy bucket of water i fetched. I said nothing to him, though i managed to force out a smile, which i knew he interpreted wrongly.

I slowly returned to my room with my thoughts focused on how to end his disturbance. Nothing so far has been able to stop him and with Linda finally out of the way, i knew i was in for a bigger trouble, and it just looked as if i jumped out from a burning pot only to land on the fire underneath.

“Oh Lord please don’t let this fire burn Samuel as-well” i prayed as i stepped into my room.

Perhaps it was my thoughts that blinded me or my fears that clouded my sight and prevented me from seeing Mariam and Timi engaged in a scuffle. But It was to late to avert disaster as Timi's falling body crashed on me without warning. My head smashed on the wall, while his elbow broke my lips. My bucket instantly fell, watering my room in the process. Mariam screamed in panic…

Timi quickly composed himself, helped me to my feet and muttered some quick apologies. He really was very embarrassed, and avoided meeting my gaze out of shame.

Mariam quickly overcame her shock, rushed to my balcony, grabbed a clean piece of rag and started scrubbing my room with it. Timi joined her moments later, when he saw that i was alright, while i quickly carried my books which were neatly arranged on the floor and spread them out on my balcony to dry.

Truly the whole scene came as a shock and surprise to me, but it really was an accident so i blamed no one. Surprisingly Timi and Mariam worked harmoniously together like newly married couples as they scrubbed my room, their quarrels forgotten as if it never happened. I smiled in appreciation as i watched them, even though i still felt a little pain on my head.

“Timi really is a nice guy” i finally admitted to myself, because he displayed some attributes which i never knew was in him. “Sometimes casually reading a person dosen’t really tell us all we need to know, and most times we end up forming a very bad opinion about such person due to our casual observation” i reasoned with a sigh.

I quickly fried plantain which we all ate together minutes later, and i almost bursted into laughter as i watched Timi trying so hard to make Mariam smile.

“Please help me plead to your friend, she dosen’t understand how much i love her” he finally pleaded to me. I blushed and stared at Mariam without knowing what to tell her,

“Don’t give me that look Mary, he should first tell me if he truly belongs to a cult group or not, if he really wants me” she fired back. I stared at Timi with a shrug. He instantly looked down as if he was given a very difficult condition.

“Will the truth change anything?” he asked seconds later,

“I don’t know” she replied haughtily,

“Yes i do belong to a cult group” he muttered with a deep breathe.

A huge terrifying silence fell in my room as his confession registered into our head….

For the first time, i wished he had lied…

what will become of their relationship?

Is that the end?

-To be continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-17
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Thanks pal!.Am encouraged! smiley
am beside u my dear. Bt is it fiction?
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by DuchessLily(f): 11:22am On Jan 16, 2016
Captivating story!!

See me wishing that all guys were like Samuel cheesy
Hope his character won't change though undecided *fingers crossed* lipsrsealed

Update here PLS

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
Maiconyoung:
am beside u my dear. Bt is it fiction?

Yea it is! smiley
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
DuchessLily:
Captivating story!!

See me wishing that all guys were like Samuel cheesy
Hope his character won't change though undecided *fingers crossed* lipsrsealed

Update here PLS

Thanks DuchessLily......Sorry for the delay in updating the rest of the episode.....My schedule has been tight of recent but am a bit free now so lets dig!!!!!!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Episode 18

“No it’s a lie” Mariam screamed with a loud voice, while Timi humbly knelt by her side like a condemned servant.

I really was very shocked and stunned with his confession, because even though he did the right thing by saying the truth, it looked that moment as if he just poured water over a raging petrol fire.

I was very much at loss on what to do, and in a vegetable state i was as i watched the whole drama keenly. Mariam just looked like someone who just saw a ghost by the way her eyes blazed that moment.

I don’t doubt some folks who always argue that sometimes "a sweet well told lie is hundred times better than a bitter truth". The tensed up situation that morning was enough to seal my belief.

“Baby it really doesn’t change who i am, please don’t let it come between our love” i heard Timi beg, but his effort only earned him a dirty slap which sound echoed in my room, leaving a huge lump in my throat.

“So you took me for granted all these while? she barked like an angry wolf, while Timi gently rubbed his left chin where the hot slap landed. Surely that slap really was so hot and terrifying. Only the force by which it was delivered and the sound which erupted from it was enough to deafen his ear for months. Yet he still knelt humbly as if the slap was nothing but a friendly pat.

“Oh what a man”

“Leave this room right now?” my friend barked, pushing him backwards in a violent manner. I instantly jumped up in his defence,

“Girl you are taking this too far, chill nau” i begged with a slightly raised tone, which made her stare at me with a surprised look.

I wasn’t blind not to notice that my friend was using her annoyance to abuse her boyfriend, who probably thought he was doing the right thing by calmly recieving the whole tantrum thrown at him. I knew Mariam clearly wasn’t with her mind and was extremely blinded with fury, which left me with no other choice than to intervene.

So you are now defending him abi??, how am i sure you two aren’t into this together” Mariam accused with an angry scowl,

“Oh Christ” i exclaimed….

“Timi please can you leave us alone” i calmly asked Timi who looked at me curiously,

“Don’t worry you will hear from us this evening” i assured him with a faint smile. He shrugged, stood up and left without another word.

I instantly faced Mariam furiously with hands on my waist after Timi had left.

“What was that outburst all about??, what is even wrong with you, what has gotten over you eeh??” i asked angrily, but she just kept quiet and bit her lips,

“Please you should learn how to control your anger, you are a girl, i won’t involve myself in your problems again, for all i care you can go pour kerosene on him and strike a match-stick mtcheew” i barked before lying down on my bed.

I really was very bitter and angry over her annoying comment, which made me pour out my whole mind to her without reservation, even though i later regretted it especially when i noticed the apology in her eyes. She truly was in a sorry state but such misguided comments are what i really can never tolerate.

“I’m sorry” i heard her apologize moments later. An apology which i knew took out much effort from her,

"Sorry” is a word which really has the capability of stopping fights, quarrels, disputes and even wars, but it’s also a very simple word which is very hard to say, considering our pride, because it means you accept being at fault.

“Common nah stop vexing, you know i wasn’t myself when i made that comment eeh” she pleaded and tickled me. I smiled sat up and faced her.

“It’s okay lets forget about it” i muttered with a smile, which made her hug me gratefully. Truly Mariam really isn’t the quarrelsome type and that also made our friendship very strong as if we were sisters.

“What do you think i should do about Timi?” i soon heard her ask,

“It all depends on you and how you still feel about him” i replied,

“I still do love him even though i hate to admit it, and i don’t know the reason i’m still feeling this way, you know how much i hate cultism and cultists” she poured out with a coloured face,

“My dear love is a very strong feeling which can’t be easily erased, moreover i just noticed he is a nice guy, so maybe its your destiny to change and led him towards the right path, i can only advice you to be careful and hold back a little portion of your heart” i advised,

“Don’t you” she tried to argue, but i instantly placed a finger on her lips,

“ssshhh, i know you didn’t sleep last night, so lie down, sleep and think it over” i advised like a nursery school teacher. She shrugged and obeyed without another word.

I smiled, laid beside her, took a novel from my travelling bag, began reading it, and soon found myself in fantasy land. A land of bright hopes where good dreams come true.

“I’m going back to him” My dear friend said to me, when she finally woke up around 4pm,

“That’s cool dear” i replied happily,

“But please you will follow me to his room” she begged, i shrugged and accepted.

An hour later after freshening up, we walked to Timi's room together and knocked calmly on his door.

He opened his door seconds later, breathed deeply with hopeful eyes when he saw us, while Mariam winked at me before hugging him passionately. A very surprised Timi held her tightly and thanked me with his eyes.

I instantly turned and left for my room with tears of joy, satisfaction and relief in my eyes……

-To be continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-18
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 1:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
Episode 19

My heart jumped when i saw David standing beside my door. I instantly felt like turning and going back to Timi’s room, but i couldn’t. His right hand was on my door which showed he probably must have been knocking on it for long. I frowned and walked up to him,

“What do you want?” i asked coldly, he scoffed and fed his eyes on me for a while,

“Hmmm what a question, of course i want you dear” he replied with bright eyes which got me more annoyed. Just that moment Samuel came out from his room, stood beside his door and beckoned on me to come. He probably must have heard the conversation going on between David and i from his room which made him to show up that moment, but his action provoked David whose beaming eyes instantly burned furiously. He grabbed my right hand roughly and stared at me murderously,

“You ain’t going anywhere, he should come here and tell you whatever he wants to say” he muttered, while i stared at him with confusion written all over my face.

Samuel saw his action as a challenge and walked up to him bravely. I felt like fainting that moment because i knew what was about to happen wouldn’t in any way be pleasant.

“Guy abeg free my girl, i won’t beg you again” Samuel warned courageously,

“Your girl eeh? So you no longer have fear or respect in you??” David asked with a dirty smile.

“Samuel please let me handle this” i begged, but he ignored me and faced him defiantly.

David calmly freed my hand and held Samuel's shirt by the collar,

“What do you think you can do to me stinking jew?” he asked before slapping him. I panicked and instantly threw myself on Samuel who was already in the process of returning the slap, because he really was no fighter or match for David who might end up calling for backup.

Instead of calming down, when he saw me hold Samuel, he pulled a belt from his trouser and flung wildly without caring whether it will land on me or not.

Perhaps he did it intentionally for me to know i wasn’t save with Samuel or maybe as punishment for rejecting him.

The belt soon landed on my back with full force, sending a horrifying message of pain all across my body. Yet i still held Samuel strongly and screamed for help

Luckily Neighbours rushed out from their rooms and held David strongly, even though none of them dared caution him. I managed to drag Samuel to his room, while some kind neighbours followed and assisted me in calming him down.

“Why were you fighting with that criminal?
Nawa for you oo,
“Do you want to bring yourself down to his level?
“Abeg always ignore him the way we do, he is just a frustrated criminal”.

They asked, advised and cautioned Samuelwho kept moving his eyes to and fro like a cornered rat.

“I think you should report him to the police or school security” a neighbour advised,

“Hmmm which kind advice you dey give so? Abeg don’t listen to him jare unless you are ready to fight all his cult group” another neighbour chipped in, instantly causing a hot debate among them and it lasted till late in the evening.

“I’m sorry for dragging you into this” i apologized when we were finally alone. He bit his lips and stared at me with a blank expression.

“Mary i failed you” he muttered sadly. My heart melted, i drew close and held him passionately,

“You made me very proud today dear” i replied sweetly. He breathed deeply before giving me tight hug.

“Please i will like to see the spot where his belt landed on you” he begged quietly. I instantly looked away with a coloured face.

I never knew he noticed when David’s belt landed on my body because it happened in a flash and i equally failed mentioning it to him because i didn’t want him to feel bad.

“oh my God!” he exclaimed as he examined where i was hit by David's belt.

“I will report him to the police” i heard him mutter. My heart instantly leapt, i turned and held his hand,

“Please allow this matter to die abeg dear” i pleaded with guilt and shame in my eyes because i never knew i would stoop so low as to beg on David’s behalf, even though i was restrained from reporting him to the authorities few days ago, but my plea really was for Samuel’s good, because cultists are always very deadly and unpredictable.

“So what do you think we should do to him?” i soon heard him ask. I swallowed hard, covered my face with my palms and rested it on my knees,
“What really should be done to that rascal?” i asked myself over and over again. A multi million question very hard to answer.

I was very busy with my thoughts that i never knew when he left me to boil hot water, nor when he returned with a hot bowl of water to press the wound caused by David's belt-whip.

Days later David saw me as i was returning from school, caught up with me at the staircase and held my right hand softly. I stopped and stared at him coldly while he returned my look with a calm smile.

“I know you are still very angry with me over what happened the other day, I’m very sorry” he apologized. I tried to snatch my hand from his grasp but he strongly held me.

“Please just take this and buy something for yourself, i really do apologize with all my heart” he muttered and offered a brown envelope to me. I stared at him speechlessly, tried again to snatch my hand but he still held it strongly.

“Just take it please” he pleaded,

“Just let me be David” i replied with a raised tone. He stared around, before facing me once again,

“Mary what i feel for you is no ordinary love, i swear i can pull down any building just to make you mine” he added quietly.

I unhappily shook my head as i tried to calm myself down. A new plan instantly rushed into my mind,

“Okay let’s go to my room” i muttered coldly. He smiled, released my hand and together we walked into my room.

He quietly sat on my bed, I sat beside him in a well composed manner and faced him with a fake smile,

“I really do appreciate the gift, but i cannot accept it” I calmly said to him, while he silently stared at me,

“I know you truly do love me David” i added and held his right hand which totally surprised him.

“A great love, even if it be unfortunate, should enable a man, not make him desperate and heartless, please let’s just be friends, i do believe with time i may learn to love you” i murmured gently.

“But can’t you offer something much more than ordinary friendship?” he asked instantly. His anguish very real, not feigned in any way. Love, life, liberty all were at stake which i very well knew and so had to choose my words carefully.

“No David friendship is all i can offer for now”, “Here you are offering me love, and my hand does not tremble, my heart equally does not; your words give me no pleasure, only pain; i’m conscious of nothing, only a wish to end this interview, please do understand my plight. How else can i explain that i feel no love for you at the moment” i poured out to him.

“But with time, could you learn to love me?” he eagerly asked,

“Yes i’m very sure i will, please don’t think i speak out of pride or to pain you” i lied sweetly. All i wanted that moment was my freedom which i prayed our little discussion would grant me.

I saw a sudden shadow of despair come into his eyes. I swallowed hard and muttered quick silent prayers to my creator.

“You have unmanned me, but i think you are right, i can’t force out love from you, lets be friends like you said” he muttered while his cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

I heaved a sigh of relief, my eyes instantly lit up with joy. I felt like hugging him in appreciation, but i held myself,

“Thanks a lot for understanding my plight” i murmured with delight.

He stood for some moments in silence; a dim perception of his own unworthiness came over him, with a smile, he tapped my left shoulder and left my room quietly.

“Is this the end?” i asked myself happily,

Only time will tell….

-To be Continued-

Source: http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Olajhidey22(m): 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
Episode 20

David never did disturb me again, he just kept his distance and avoided me like a snake which i very much loved, even though it really was very surprising to Samuel who couldn’t believe that David easily swallowed his pride and gave me up without any harm.

ONE YEAR LATER

Time flies so fast when we have our dreams up and running. I was soon in the second semester of my 3rd year while Samuel in his final semester as a student.

Our relationship blossomed and matured into something so solid and sweet, despite the fact we abstain from sex. It just looked as if i was created for him. His family accepted and treated me as if i was their daughter. They really couldn’t wait for us to finish school and get married.

I transformed Samuel from a quiet, cool headed introvert into an artistic, charming, noble young man whose greatest hobby was to love me. The clothes in my wardrope, the jewelleries, flowers, cards, teddy bears i was lavished with and even my fat bank account all testified to his benevolence. He so totally spoilt me, that i hardly ever touched the monthly allowance my parents do give me. My ego and pride were so high. I was envied by many.

“Oh what else could i have asked my creator for?”

LOVE SURELY WORKS WONDERS

But sometimes no matter how hard we struggle to shape our future, challenges do come to test our courage and zeal, always appearing when least expected, and only a little misdeed that moment could rewrite everything.

Some folks do say that ‘whatever will be, will surely be no matter how hard we plan’, and some holy books do say ‘our destiny already has been written by our creator before birth’. Whatever the case, life is so full of mysteries.

The future i so much struggled to build with Samuel was completely jeopardized weeks into my 300 level second semester. I never knew my fate could take such a dramatic twist nor my past showing up to haunt me. Not only did it return to haunt me, it equally came to steal my soul, pride, heart and all i laboured for, without even a mask to hide its face.

My past came pertinaciously for me when i least expected, and i truly can’t explain how lost or petrified i was when it came knocking on my door.

The shock, pain and anger i felt when i answered my door and saw Emmanuel (My ex-boyfriend) smiling nervously with hands clasped behind him, was so immense that i couldn’t breathe for a while. The look of relief in his eyes when they rested on me really was undeniable. For some seconds i stared at him speechlessly, lost in thought and clueless on what to do.

He truly wasn’t looking bad, though a bit darker than when i last saw him. He wore a white shirt, black tie, trouser and shoes. His features perfectly constructed and matured…..

How fast i noticed…

Hmmm..

“Nooooo go away!” i cried as i shut my door on his face, dived to my bed and covered my head with my pillow.

“How did he find me?” i wondered miserably.

I left my old lodge and changed my phone number all because of him. Seeing him that afternoon instantly brought up old memories, drawing out tears from my eyes. I was highly demoralized.

“Mary please open your door, i just came to talk with you” he knocked and begged. I simply ignored him and refused to open my door.

He finally left after an hour of constant knocking. I heaved a sigh of relief and made the sign of the cross.

“Lord be my strength” i prayed, because I needed no one to tell me that he would return. However i failed to mention Emmanuel’s visit to Samuel, when we were together later in the evening, without knowing the reason (another great mistake ladies make in a realationship). Perhaps it was because i didn’t want to involve him in my problems anymore. A lame excuse i consoled myself with.

“Hope everything is alright?” Samuel asked curiously as soon as he noticed my absent-mindedness,

“I’m having a slight headache” i muttered calmly,

“I have panadol in my room, let me get it for you” he sweetly said as he got up,

“No don’t worry, all i need is just a good night sleep” i murmured and flashed him a smile. He shrugged and rubbed my back,

“Good night dear, let me leave you alone” he muttered and left for his room.

“Some lecturers are truly very annoying with the manner they behave sometimes” i murmured furiously as i left our lecture hall after writing a hot impromptu test which i manged to answer only three out of six questions. I really was very annoyed and swore to anyone who blocked my path as i left the hall as if something was pursuing me.

A strong hand grabbed me without warning, i instantly turned to lash out on whoever it may be. But I was stunned when my eyes fell on Emmanuel, smiling nervously in his usual way. I felt like slapping him but the crowd around us was much.

“Calm down my dear, things are not always as they seem” he muttered quietly,

“I have a story to tell, after listening to it you can then pour out your mind” he added calmly.

“I’m in no mood to listen to your story, i don’t care anymore, moreover it’s too late” i replied haughtily. I could have snatched my hand and ran away that moment, but i didn’t, instead i stood and stared at him while i calmly deliberated whether to listen to his story or not. Curiousity got hold of me.

“Don’t say anything dear till you listen to my story, it won’t take much of your time, you can go your way after listening to it. I only came to fulfill something i promised myself” he urged with a smile. I breathed deeply, shrugged with a shoulder and followed him to a quiet, expensive cafe at the other end of the school.

I knew it was undignifying to allow my curiousity get hold of me, but i just couldn’t help it.

“Am i under a spell or what?” i asked myself as we sat down in the cafe, moments later.

“Please God don’t allow Samuel to see me here” i silently prayed with guilt….

-To be continued-

[b]Source: [/b]http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-20
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by OYAY(m): 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is captivating and deep story! I wonder why Samuel will always felt betrayed always moreover he should also have been more sancrosact in this new relationship having been jilted before. He appear not to have learn't any lesson from his failed relationship. Anyway let see how it goes sha .

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by virtuedagirl(f): 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
thanks 4 d updates,d are so captivating&nice. i'm learning alot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Common Grammatical Errors We Make In Our Everyday English / IFY - A Romantic Thriller / "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.