Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General (12623 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari Appoints Ex- Lagos Deputy Governor As SSA On Sdgs / Speaker Yakubu Dogara Appoints Ex-pdp Rep, Jerry Manwe As Chief Of Staff / Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General by OmoTier1(m): 12:00am On Apr 16, 2011
OH HOW TIME CAN TRULY DISGRACE HUMANS! I guess most of you who commented on this issue based on ignorance would hindesight have better kept thier mouth shut.
Go now to EDO State and see what this man has done in just two years in office with very slim purse. And he is still doing more. For once Edo state is beginning to work again with good roads,standard schools, public transport, good stadium, 3rd generation hospital being built at central hospital in benin and this i learnt would be replicated in the 3 senatorial districts. He has agreed to pay the new minimum wage without any excuses as some of his other governors are doing e.g Delta, water works are on going in Edo north and Central - these places have been told by successive governments that it is not possible for them to have clean water yet this government has proven that to be a lie!'

To sum it all, I am not an ACN member neither do i know oshiomhole but when i see good things, i appreciate and pray God to enlarge the coast of the doer and that is my prayer for Oshiomhole.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General by Ibime(m): 12:58am On Apr 16, 2011
I hope GEJ cronies would dismiss this story as Sahara DISreporters.

Well done Sahara, always telling the truth, no matter whose ox is gored.

Sahara remains the only independent and coscientious news org out of Naija.
Re: Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General by recoome(m): 1:39am On Apr 16, 2011
Ex-con to head Edo IRS hmmmmn, and to think the same people crucified BG & PDP, if it was PDP, the whole sky would come falling down!
Re: Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General by recoome(m): 1:39am On Apr 16, 2011
Ex-con to head Edo IRS hmmmmn, and to think the same people crucified BG & PDP, if it was PDP, the whole sky would come falling down!
Re: Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General by daroz(m): 5:01am On Apr 16, 2011
[size=18pt]this trend was opened about 2 years ago, how come its still alive? Of what political relevance is it now?[/size]
Re: Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General by JudeGadimoh: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
New appointments have been made again in Edo State and more are to come. I hope this thread can do a reassessment of the Governor in the last 4 years and probably judge by the overwhelming victory he got from the polls for his second term of office. I think it is better to watch situations before we jump into conclusions. Oshiomole's performance in the press has translated to what is on ground today as seen in most parts of the state. The truth which even the Governor acknowledges is that there is more to be done as his administration has not taken the state to the desired level. Seemingly performing leaders need our support and constructive criticisms rather than jumping to conclusions that depict a 'pull down syndrome'.
What do previous commentators have to say today?
Re: Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General by austinko: 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
[quote author=music0286]Re-Comrade Oshiomole stumbles again and again
Friday, 19 June 2009 06:50 By PRINCE KASSIM AFEGBUA E-mail | Print | PDF
The attention of the Comrade Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole has been drawn to a news report on your website accusing the Governor of appointing Barrister Austin Atakpu as a Special Adviser on Taxation, whom you described in your report as an ‘ex-convict’. We wish to use this opportunity to state the following; that Austin Atakpu is a Special Adviser to the Governor on Taxation and Revenue and not ‘Tax Collector General’ as insinuated in your report. There is a Board of Internal Revenue under the Chairmanship of Ese Owie,Ph.D, an alumnus of Oxford University, UK. Aside from that, he is also a Lawyer and has vast experience on taxation, revenue generation and management. His experience also encompasses international trade law and policy, financial services regulation, insurance and shipping. [b][/b]
Secondly, the Comrade Governor had no knowledge about the alleged conviction of Austin Atakpu in England neither was he aware that Austin Atakpu had brushes with the law in the United Kingdom with regard to conviction. If there is any such evidence of conviction made available to the Comrade Governor, he will apply the necessary logic. Besides, Atakpu has contested election in the past and the understanding would be that he had gone through the screening authorities before he could be certified for election. There was nothing to suggest that he was convicted as alleged at the time of his appointment.

On appointments, the Comrade Governor has repeatedly said that the State would not compromise on merit in recruiting the right personnel to drive development and governance in Edo State. He believes in the ability of members of his cabinet to create the right platform to engage governance and make life meaningful for the average Edo person. He certainly will not compromise on those solemn pledges which he had made when he was being sworn into office as Governor of Edo State. If he possesses the right information, he will act accordingly. Thank you.

PRINCE KASSIM AFEGBUA

CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY TO THE EDO STATE GOVERNOR.

Hmmmmmmmmm laff no go kill me oooo conny man die,na conny man go bury am, I m from Benin,though i have been out of the Benin for a while, Did i hear ESE OWIE is it not that same Ese that i know so well.The soon of the Saint [s][/s]Senator Stephen Roland Owie the man that sold Edo State to the Igbinedion at 1st instant Nawaooo, agree that the Dad is different from the Son.

Ese Owie i dey laff tax collector NIIII 9ger i tire.No be same Ese for Medical store road,UDSS,UNIBEN i bet u money must lost, how money no go loss with Ese in charge,aBI no be Ese that graduated from law UNIBEN 1st degree in 2001-2002 the political kingmaker of LAWSA Politics,abeg Edo state moni must lost No bi Ese i sabi for Ekosodin (strong man wise).Which kind work experience e get,the guy never did any serious work abeg.Left UNIBEN about 7-eight year ago, leveraged on his father stolen wealth went to Oxford for Master and PHD.The truth is that d chap is very intelligent,his result i bet u no be dagbo at all, my point is the guy lack attitude WITH ALOT OF THIEFING POTENTIAL just like the father. if na Ese Owie when i sabi,Edo state YAWA dey oooo.I no go talk moni don loss.[/quote

No be lie u talk. E be like say the guy papa neva find am another govt job to do. Where Ese dey sef?
Re: Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General by Cholls(m): 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
untainted:
nothing wrong in marrying an ex-prostitute
nothing wrong in marrying an ex-robber
the list of bad ex this, ex that is endles
so there is nothing wrong in appointing an ex-con so long as he has turned a new leaf
let's give the man a chance jor![tt][/tt]
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? / Jonathan Will Miss AFCON Final, Sends Delegation Instead / INEC Stopped People From Collecting PVC In Egor LGA, Edo State (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.