Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,104 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

How To Import Cars Into Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Import Cars Into Nigeria (27469 Views)

22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria / Customs Increase Used Import Cars From 10 Years To 15 Years / Import Cars To Benin Republic Or Naija Port: Which Is Better Overall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by tunnytox(m): 10:46am On Jun 19, 2009
Can someone please enlighten me on how old a car could be to be able to import it to Nigeria. Some of my friends told me only 8 years old cars are allowed while some said 10 years old cars could be imported
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2009
10 years old cars are allowed.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
10 years are allowed.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by dapyjay: 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2009
It used to be 8 years but recently reviewed to 10 years
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by tunnytox(m): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2009
Many thanks for this information
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2009
is the 10 years limited to cars or does it include vans and minibuses?
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by babaogun(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
Is it true you need N250k to clear your car from the ports,
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by ajileko: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2009
The price you pay for clearing your car/vehicle is dependent on several factors. eg, size of the car, the year and model, the make plus the size of the engine. Also, with containerized vehicles, you will pay more.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by DisGuy: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
so is there a list somewhere one can get this information with regards clearing cost? minus the agents charges
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

is the 10 years limited to cars or does it include vans and minibuses?
??
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by tboy1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2009
^^ all
i also think trucks might be 15 yrs - not 100% sure
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2009
Man, there aint no list as its the clearing agents who fix the price and as you know in Nigeria there aint no uniform pricing system as far as there aint no regulations,N250 to clear my car God forbid, thats why people still send cars to Cotonou saves you nearly 100K if your eyes strong.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by babaogun(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
erico2k2:

Man, there aint no list as its the clearing agents who fix the price and as you know in Nigeria there aint no uniform pricing system as far as there aint no regulations,N250 to clear my car God forbid, thats why people still send cars to Cotonou saves you nearly 100K if your eyes strong.

i will rather pay an extra 100k for the car to go dirctly to Naija, rather than have sleepless night hoping fire drivers will bring it home safe.

1 Like

Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2009
babaogun:

Is it true you need N250k to clear your car from the ports,

My agents takes 170k for buses and 150k for small cars.
If you need his number i can give you but he may add something for you since we knew each other long time ago.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by wezo01(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2009
@Sam Milla,
Please drop this your guy number let me buzz him up.I have a car he might wanna help clear.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by baron2000(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2009
pls i will like to have your friends number. abeg.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2009
erico2k2:

,N250 to clear my car God forbid

That's even on the small side,I guess it depends on the type of car and the clearing agent especially,for instance last year I cleared a Range Rover and a Touareg for 400k each and a Rav 4 for 380k
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2009
Sam Milla:

My agents takes 170k for buses and 150k for small cars.
If you need his number i can give you but he may add something for you since we knew each other long time ago.

Sam Sam,please give me your agents number and don't forget to tell him that you and I knew each other a long time ago too grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by hackney(m): 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2009
For real!!!!!!

LMAO
    grin grin grin grin grin

But on a more serious note it will be nice to have that guy's number o.
With all this credit crunch wey new car dey fly about anyhow.

Sam Milla abeg show yourself well.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by BOMANY: 12:22am On Jun 20, 2009
erico2k2:

It is not correct. There is a list and specifications to specify the duties for each car depending on the year, engine size, the type,  etc, exactely as ajileko and rasputinn said. the more recent and big car you get the more duties you will pay. However, you will not see that list, it is restricted only to the customs officers to specify the duties unless you have connection to one of them. some cars' duties is up to 800k

For Cotonou, if the difference is only 100k so it is better 100thousand to bring it to nija straight

By the way, the agent should not ask for more than 40k for himself and the rest will be paid duties with  receipts, and whoever says that he can clear a bus for 170k is lying unless he means it is for his labour and then he is a thief
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by InfoDemo(m): 5:21am On Jun 20, 2009
Send ur cars to cotonou and get cleared at idiroko border with registered agents that will assist u with ur customs paper. It will saves you alot. I can help you in getting up to 5 to 10 agent you can meet to compare nd contr, 08028612851 is my number. Am not the agent oo but i can be of assistance cos i deal with dere papers everyday at my shop.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by walata44(m): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2009
Send ur cars to cotonou and get cleared at idiroko border with registered agents that will assist u with ur customs paper. It will saves you alot. I can help you in getting up to 5 to 10 agent you can meet to compare nd contr, 08028612851 is my number. Am not the agent oo but i can be of assistance cos i deal with dere papers everyday at my shop.

You might be genuine and honest but how can anyone here trust someone you meet on the internet? and if I were you I will never give out my number on the internet, best is to give out ur email address.
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by akintun: 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2009
There is a custom document that has the minimum amount of surface duty that must be paid for different categories of vechicles been imported into the country. From the surface duty, you will calculate the amount of overall duty payable to the federal government. The calculation is very easy.

knowing the amount of duty you are required to pay, enables you to monitor all other documented payments. The other documented payments are shipping company charges(for cars, it is usually small), Terminal charges(if applicable),Transportation charges(applicable if the vechicle is containerized) and clearing agent fee(should be between 30,000 and 50,000 naira) .

This document is included in my e-books importation made easy and import duty calculation explained. But for your sake, i have attached an extract from the document.
www.niajainfo.com

Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by BOMANY: 12:02am On Jun 21, 2009
@ akintun

does your e-book handle importation of CKD (home appliances) and the required documents, or it is mainly about cars thanx
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by akintun: 12:12am On Jun 21, 2009
Bomany

There are two different books and you can check out the details and what it contains on www.niajainfo.com
Re: How To Import Cars Into Nigeria by Plumber(m): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2009
I have a 2006 VW Touareg on the way. How much do you think this will cost guys,

Does anybody know??

cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Cars Coming To Thrill You In 2014 / Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. / Harmful Effects Of Improper Use Of Automotive Air Conditioning (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.