Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? (1150 Views)

FG Lines Up El-rufai, 4 Other Witnesses Against Bukola Saraki (vanguard) / Nigeria Snubbed As China Hosts Africa On Investment / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by Edoji: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2009
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=996:nigeria-snubbed-again&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=67
President John Atta Mills will be formally invited to participate at the next G-8 Summit, scheduled for 8-10 July, in Italy.
Besides Ghana, countries like Angola, Egypt, South Africa and Senegal will also take part at the summit.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by presido1: 11:10am On Jun 19, 2009
Thatz good news, Let us see if this will make them sit up but i doubt as they don't care as far as itz not something that will block the money channel to their various pockets.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by vigasimple(m): 11:17am On Jun 19, 2009
The G20 or G8 made a conscious and deliberate decision NOT  to invite Nigeria 'government, for several reasons.

1. To stop the government using the opportunity to use diplomatic bag carry out of the country more millions of dollars as they are used to.

2. To stop them spending more estacode for 1000 entourage grin grin grin

3. The don't want to be seeing given cheap propaganda photo opps for those  'NON LEADERS'

4. Most importantly non of the leaders either in the G20 or G8 want to be seen with your self deny sick leader.

Thank God there are some groups and organisation still using their head, they will refuse to be lectured by our External affairs ministers like he is used to lecturing NASS and others.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by Kx: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2009
For the second time,Yar adua was not invited.
I think dis is d latest method of scoring and rating
performers among the african leaders.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by Lagosboy: 11:35am On Jun 19, 2009
Even OBJ was invited several times, Honestly i think Yaradua is making OBJ look like a wonderful president.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by Fhemmmy: 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2009
I will like to know why we always make noise about Nigerian-messed up leader being snubbed and ghana is being this and that.
What has Nigeria achived in yearsssssssssssssssss? Nothing.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by TheSeeker(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
Lagosboy:

Even OBJ was invited several times, Honestly i think Yaradua is making OBJ look like a wonderful president.

Yes, compared to Yaradua, OBJ is a wonderful President, at least he's got class. Received visits from Queen of England and President Bill Clinton, which I don't think Yaradua if he was to be President for the next 20 years will ever achieve. Although, on my score sheet they both are on the negative margin but Yaradua is on the farther end. He's just a disgrace to Africa. Picture him as being the AFRICA UNITY CHAIRMAN, how pathetic can that look? I can't imagine.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2009
I think at the rate we are going Nigeria may not even be invited for G50

grin grin grin
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by Bialegend(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
mikeansy:

I think at the rate we are going Nigeria may not even be invited for G50

grin grin grin
And that is your so called first university graduate president hailed by you and your ilk after his se/election. You also started on Sanusi as the will be better president because of his looks on photo. What a bone/slowpoke head you and your ilk are.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by asha80(m): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2009
Bialegend:

And that is your so called first university graduate president hailed by you and your ilk after his se/election. You also started on Sanusi as the will be better president because of his looks on photo. What a bone/slowpoke head you and your ilk are.

Who told you mikeansy was supportting sanusi.Guy abeg tame your rage.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by blacksta(m): 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
@poster

The above is not actually factual

Nigeria and Senegal Officially Invited to This Year's G8 Summit
Minister Frattini and Defence Minister Mustapha Settima, during their talk

13/02/2009

“We confirm our invitation to Nigeria to attend the G8 summit on La Maddalena in its capacity as founder member of NEPAD, the New Partnership for Africa’s Development” Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini said in the course of an official visit to Africa, formally extending the invitation to Nigeria on Wednesday 11 February.  On the following day the minister also extended an invitation to Senegal in the course of a meeting with President Abdoulaye Wade and with Foreign Minister Tidiane Gadio.

Minister Frattini is currently conducting an official visit to several countries on the African continent.  The meetings that he held in Nigeria focused on security in the Niger Delta oil region and on both legal and illegal immigration.  The talks also addressed some of the issues that may well be on the agenda at this year's G8 summit such as the food crisis in Africa, budding regional crises, the risks posed by drug trafficking routes that move through Africa before reaching Europe and Asia, and lastly, the growth of organised crime gangs.  Also on the agenda in the two-day Nigerian leg of Frattini's tour were talks with, among others, Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan, Foreign Minister Ojo Maduekwe and Defence Minister Mustapha Settima.

http://www.g8italia2009.it/G8/Home/News/G8-G8_Layout_locale-1199882116809_1199889177502.htm
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by Bialegend(m): 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2009
asha 80:

Who told you mikeansy was supportting sanusi.Guy abeg tame your rage.
Will you shut up, or do you want me to pull the particular thread before he changed his stance?
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by asha80(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2009
Bialegend:

Will you shut up, or do you want me to pull the particular thread before he changed his stance?

Enyi pull it up!Afoanu.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2009
asha 80:

Enyi pull it up!

The reason he goes about chasing me with Sanusi this Sanusi that was because I thought Sanusi was a lot more Briliant than the current occupant of Aso Rock and that Yar'adua may well live true to his own standard of merit by stepping down and handing over to Sanusi in 2011. I don't know why that is doing his head because the last time I checked power will not fall on the laps of a man in his village come 2011.

You know asha, this guy is one of the problems we have in the South East

They get very abusive, but the problem with abusing him back is that you can't possibly tell him how misguided he is without running the risk of attacking your own history, you keep quiet and ignore him and he thinks thats some kind of weakness.
This guy follows me from thread to thread and being abusive.

All I will say to Bialegend is to grow up, dust yourself and move on in life.

Go read our history properly with a clear head, we are not inherently cessasionist. In fact history has it that the first group of people to call for cessation in Nigeria are not the Igbos. Ojukwu may have defended his people against ethnic cleansing and over time thought that the security of our people was no longer guaranteed in Nigeria but then going by history Ojukwu himself had not always been a cessasionist. Ojukwu's father who set up businesses scattered all arround Nigeria surely was not looking forward to the day Nigeria will devide.
We are the region that produced the likes of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Alvan Ikoku, Akanu Ibiam . . . . . .these men are founding fathers of Nigeria and they are also Igbos.

So when you form a view of the world and try to force it down others remember that other people have a right of opinion.

You wanna tell our history like it began in 1967? go ahead!!!

But it will surely not get you or anyone anywhere.

Thats my final word with you, from now onwards I will not respond to any comments Bialegend makes on NL.
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by naliakar: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will like to know why we always make noise about Nigerian-messed up leader being snubbed and Ghana is being this and that.
What has Nigeria achieved in yearsssssssssssssssss? Nothing.

It is sickening this whining and crying about Nigeria and yaradua are not invited to this, to that? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE> NIGERIA STILL REMAINS A GREAT COUNTRY, HER SHORTCOMINGS NOTWITHSTANDING. QUIT WHINING!!!!!!
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by blacksta(m): 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
naliakar:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will like to know why we always make noise about Nigerian-messed up leader being snubbed and Ghana is being this and that.
What has Nigeria achieved in yearsssssssssssssssss? Nothing.

It is sickening this whining and crying about Nigeria and yaradua are not invited to this, to that? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE> NIGERIA STILL REMAINS A GREAT COUNTRY, HER SHORTCOMINGS NOTWITHSTANDING. QUIT WHINING!!!!!!

Another Government sponsored commerical grin
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by yommyuk: 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2009
Anybody who is suprised that nigeria is snubbed again is a fool
What do u expect with all the katakata going on in nigeria. undecided

D only place our leaders should be invited to is The Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp cool
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by muhsin(m): 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2009
Naija stuff. LOL grin
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by rhymz(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2009
Som1 made a notable comment here about Yaradua making Obj luk gud and sadly I agree with him.
Yaradua realy is leaving up to d predictionz dat ppl lyk me foresaw when he reluctantly became president.
1.D flawed process dat got him to power will alwayz be an albatross no matter how good his intentionz might be.
2.Yaradua does not ve d clout,wherewithal or even d will to lead nigeria
3.The guy is in denial of his very obvious ailment which makes him lame,sluggish and ineffective just gropping in d dark.
Most of his lame decisionz re resultz of his indecive and unintelligent approach towardz his job.Just luk at d case of CBN,The lame duck had to bow to d pressure of d so-called northern people front and so he replace soludo with Sanusi whom hitherto is unheard of and den sugar coat him and den sold him to us.My quez is why risk it,soludo has issuez but he's doing well besidez why should only Kano produce these trio,talk abt tribalism,My finger pointz to dat wishy wishy- wash aboki, Tsweeee
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by CyberG: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2009
becoomrich:

All you need to do to get called is this. even obama go come to nigeria, una no dey listen. I know oyigbo like the back of my hand.

This goes off topic, but seeing the map above, I pictured taking the moment (clockwise and counter-clockwise) about the structure and it seems it will still have serious equilibrium problems until Nigeria's foundational problems are resolved. It will NEVER be a stable entity, both from a political and 'physics' standpoint!
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by tpiah: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2009
Nigerians and their whining!

what next? Its a snub if Y'aradua isnt given a suite in Buckingham Palace?
Re: Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again? by chidichris(m): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2009
nigeria is supposed to be there when there is G1,000,000
how can nigeria be in G8 when our lecturers like yar adua and atiku are all criminals teaching other criminals as students.
how can we be in G8 when our professors like morrise iwu are great professional criminals?
broshade, bode george are all good examples of nigerian leaders but they are in our criminal lists.
obj is an outstanding statesman with the highest number of criminal records and moral decadence which cld make him allow his libido to extend to his daughter inlaw.
a sick country with sick leaders. men who are supposed to be living in mental rehablitation centers now in charge of the activities of the state-what a shame?
forcing ourselves into G8 when we all know that benin and togo are far above us. we have to form our own organisation and give it such name as S10 meaning the small 10 because that is where we belong with the states of our roads, power supply, security and basic armenties.

(1) (Reply)

Urhobo Elders Blast Clark Over Attacks On Ibori / Nigeria Grammy Award / Terror Watch List: Nigerian Lawmaker Deported From Amsterdam Schiphol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.