Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

My Experience With A Scammer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Scammer (726 Views)

My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media / I AM A SCAMMER! / My Experience With Gnld Headquarters At Gbagada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Scammer by lafex: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
I didn't believe that I could fall for a scammer but not untill I become a victim.
It all started yesterday(monday) around 4pm when I received an invite for an interview which is slated at 8am tomorrow(wednesday). This is an interview that I have been expected for a few weeks but its unfurtunate that am in Abuja while the interview is placed in Lagos. Then I decided to opt for flight because of the short period that I have to meet up and I need to make some arrangement early in the morning today(tuesday) before I could leave Abuja.
To cut a long story shot, I collected my brother's travelling agent to get a flight ticket because he has bought several tickets from him at a very cheap price as compared to the actual price(I don't know how he does it). Then I called the guy(agwnt) and send 11k to him for my flight ticket. He then told me that he will book for 2pm today's flight for me(he didn't specify the airline). As I waited for sometime to receive a message containing the ticket number and the airline from him as he used to do but couldn't, then I decided to call him but he started behaving funny by cutting the call within a short period of time and latter doesn't. Pick my call again.
I then sent him a message to refund my money but he didn't respond.
Now. I have not retrieve my money and still in Abuja. I am unable to travel again because I may not be sble to make up with the interview sheduled for 8am tomorrow.
I want you to advice me on how I can retrieve the money because I can't afford to let him go with my hard earned money just like that.
Can I report him to the bank to retrieve my money?
Re: My Experience With A Scammer by abimbawealth(f): 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience With A Scammer by Dahveydson(m): 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
Op this your story sha...

Since your brother have used him a couple of times, tell your brother about it.

I don't know how the bank reporting will work since you sent him the money without any form of coercion.
Re: My Experience With A Scammer by lafex: 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
I keep my brother updated so he is aware of it but the issue is that he also haven't meet him in person. My brother does business with him base on recommebdation from someone also.
I sent the money to hime through Gtbank short cide *737* so I don't know if there is a way I can report him.
Dahveydson:
Op this your story sha...

Since your brother have used him a couple of times, tell your brother about it.

I don't know how the bank reporting will work since you sent him the money without any form of coercion.

(1) (Reply)

Tired Of Submitting Cvs After Cvs? / Ongoing Recruitment At The Nigerian Law School - Several Positions / Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.