Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry (1655 Views)

Lady Who Danced While Heavily Pregnant Shows Off Her Body 10 Days After Delivery / Corper Divorces Her Husband In Jos, Refunds N80K Dowry / "I Prefer My Man Beating Me To Cheating On Me" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by HungerBAD: 7:25am On Jan 13, 2016
A 29-year-old housewife, Perpetual Ezenwa, has dragged her husband, Charles Ezenwa, to a customary court in Igando, Lagos, seeking the dissolution of their four-month old marriage for alleged domestic violence. Perpetual told the court that her husband started beating her less than 4 days after paying her dowry.

“Four days after the payment of my dowry and our traditional marriage, he started beating me on flimsy excuses. He beat me with turning sticks on one of those days all because I received a text message from a friend and the message only read, “Good day, madam. How’s your weekend?” She added: “This was what Charles saw that day and he nearly killed me. Come to think of it, this same man that was beating me is having an affair with the fiancée of one of our neighbours.

He was caught on one of those days and I got to know about it. I told my father about all that has been happening but he only said I should endure it. “When I couldn’t bear it any more, I moved to my parents’ house and I’ve asked Charles to come and collect back his dowry according to our tradition so that I can marry another man. But he has refused to collect it, saying he would allow me to suffer because he knows I can’t marry another man unless he collects back the dowry.

He said that I would grow old in my father’s house.”

However, Charles was not in court to state his own side. President of the court, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, sent a court order to Charles to be present in court on the adjourned day. He then adjourned the case to February 8, 2016 for further hearing.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/eko-trust/-he-started-beating-me-4-days-after-paying-my-dowry/128704.html

1 Like

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by madridguy(m): 7:26am On Jan 13, 2016
Kikiki, Frustration @ highest order. This is what you get when you over charge all the name of dowry.

1 Like

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by donbenedict(m): 7:29am On Jan 13, 2016
Welcome to marriage...

1 Like

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by glimpse33(m): 7:31am On Jan 13, 2016
That's Why Its Good For Patners To Alway Go For A Mental Test Before Saying I Do.
Some People Are Just Mad..

1 Like

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by Meeloreh(f): 7:35am On Jan 13, 2016
Just one question: how much did he pay?

He'll no longer see the wife as an subject of love n care but a burden, asset cuz he paid an exorbitant price
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by kossyablaze(m): 7:38am On Jan 13, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan

1 Like

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by ijustdey: 7:44am On Jan 13, 2016
the man is an asshole
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by Feranchek(m): 7:45am On Jan 13, 2016
Gobe!
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by Caseless: 7:53am On Jan 13, 2016
You should have returned his dowry after those four days he started beating you to save yourself the trouble of seeking dissolution in court.
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by kennyman2000(m): 7:54am On Jan 13, 2016
Hmmmmm....
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by lilmax(m): 7:54am On Jan 13, 2016
This script no make sense at all
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by Caseless: 7:54am On Jan 13, 2016
madridguy:
Kikiki, Frustration @ highest order. This is what you get when you over charge all the name of dowry.
this got me checking their names. undecided
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by madridguy(m): 8:23am On Jan 13, 2016
I no dey ooo.

Caseless:
this got me checking their names. undecided
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by Adaezeagu(f): 8:56am On Jan 13, 2016
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by PresVA: 9:04am On Jan 13, 2016
Meeloreh:
Just one question: how much did he pay?

He'll no longer see the wife as an subject of love n care but a burden, asset cuz he paid an exorbitant price
Even if he paid millions. . Was he forced to pay it? Which kind yeye excuse be this? Once you pay someone's dowry, you now have the legal backing to beat them whenever you wish? undecided

ThankGod the woman spoke out.. Imagine, just 4 days after their supposed trad wedding. . Wonder what will happen at the later stages of the marriage. ..

Violence solves no problem. .say No to violence. .

3 Likes

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by cutestcee: 9:34am On Jan 13, 2016
All those asking how much did the man, are either kids or adults who has refused to be realistic. So the man bought a piece if furniture with the dowry? Will u say same if she is your sister?
Back to topic: who told the man u can't move on with your life because of uncollected dowry? Let your family members go and drop the money in his house!

Move on with your life. No man has a right to panel beat another

3 Likes

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by laundryking: 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
Your clothes need your attention too take advantage of our 20% discount this janauary,to start your new year feeling fresh and looking smart all year round.
#LAUNDRYKING Not just a laundry outfit,we are your fabric care professionals.
For enquiries,free pickup & delivery pls call:08162259669,07011162336,08162814732,08131380848
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by cococandy(f): 10:44am On Jan 14, 2016
Thank goodness she's leaving early enough.

3 Likes

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by blessedtwins: 10:57am On Jan 14, 2016
cococandy:
Thank goodness she's leaving early enough.

Correct woman yet some people will say no, "your marriage is still young " "he will change".
They never do!!!

3 Likes

Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 14, 2016
Leave now as its early,an abusive man can never change,they wld always look for something to accuse u off to justify the reason they beat you...
Re: He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry by dinana(m): 7:58am On Jan 17, 2016
she should pay the dowry into his account. Yeye husband.

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Biggest Problems In Today's Relationships. / A Must Have Health Kit For The Family / Married Ladies, What Can Hubby Do So That He Looks Sexually Appealing All Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.