Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (630508 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
Gracefav:
Hello colleagues, does anyone know how I can pay NMBI registration fee (in euro) here in Nigeria?.
And is there anyone here that successfully transitioned to IRELAND or presently based in Ireland, please I will need your help.
A colleague told me it's better to do the whole process of application & assessment yourself and get your DL before involving an Agency or probably apply for job directly by yourself, but I know that will definitely be costly .
Any one with any info of any Agency for Ireland?
Any information will go a long way to help
@barbie, IYIMAN, Grateful4me and others. @Inkredible,we don chat but say something grin

Happy Sunday dear.

Well, given the little I know about Ireland. Like I said before in our chats, I don't know anyone that went through direct employment. The ones I know there are schooling and they'll transition after that.

However, I did a little research on my own before I finally went through with UK. From what OSP recruitment told me, I'll actually have to do everything out here and even book my flight and make provisions for accomodation independently.

Here is an excerpt from my mail:

"This offer is a genuine offer for employment in Ireland however, it must be noted that the candidate must be in a financial position to pay for his / her RCSI Aptitude Test, and all associated documents as listed on the attached job specification's required to travel, and work, as well as their own flights to Ireland. This is a significant change to the previous packages available.
Please consider this offer and be sure that should you decide to pursue it that you are in a financial position to follow it through."

I hope this helps. Cheers!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
Jlovin:
hello house
newbie here and i love the way professional colleagues are taking time out to help themselves.
i intend writing the uk cbt exam, can anyone pls update me on the cost of cbt in Nigeria? i also need the royal marsden procedure manual. my mail bj4ages@yahoo.com.

There are two locations where you can take the CBT in Nigeria: Abuja and Lagos.

Use Google and find the centres. Contact them and ask for price. Last I talked with a friend in naija about it, he said it has risen to 80+k.

Make your own enquiries and be well informed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jlovin(m): 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
barbiee:
Sent. In my opinion, reading that textbook is a waste of time. I'm not saying it's not relevant o, it is better put to use as a reference material. You can study for cbt using less complex materials unfortunately i can only send these materials via what'sapp because I didn't download the files.
Thanks a bunch Barbiee, you are one of a kind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jlovin(m): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
Inkredible:

There are two locations where you can take the CBT in Nigeria: Abuja and Lagos.

Use Google and find the centres. Contact them and ask for price. Last I talked with a friend in naija about it, he said it has risen to 80+k.

Make your own enquiries and be well informed.
Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
Thanks a lot dear
It seems no headway with nurses relocating to Ireland at the moment. I did more research and found out that HSE seriously lacks funding so even though they need nurses, they would rather go for those that needs no Visa to work in Ireland because of the expenses involved in relocating non EU nurses.
I also found out that many Nigerian nurses currently have Ireland Decision letters but no employer,even the hospitals listed on the decision letter that allegedly run adaptation program,when contacted by these nurses (Decision letter holders) were told otherwise.
So anyone planning to register with NMBI should make sure he/she is capable of sponsoring him/herself with no guarantee of employment.
Note* RCSI aptitude test is €2800,calculate it in naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
Thanks a lot dear
It seems no headway with nurses relocating to Ireland at the moment. I did more research and found out that HSE seriously lacks funding so even though they need nurses, they would rather go for those that needs no Visa to work in Ireland because of the expenses involved in relocating non EU nurses.
I also found out that many Nigerian nurses currently have Ireland Decision letters but no employer,even the hospitals listed on the decision letter that allegedly run adaptation program,when contacted by these nurses (Decision letter holders) were told otherwise.
So anyone planning to register with NMBI should make sure he/she is capable of sponsoring him/herself with no guarantee of employment.
Note* RCSI aptitude test is €2800,calculate it in naira
Inkredible:

Happy Sunday dear.

Well, given the little I know about Ireland. Like I said before in our chats, I don't know anyone that went through direct employment. The ones I know there are schooling and they'll transition after that.

However, I did a little research on my own before I finally went through with UK. From what OSP recruitment told me, I'll actually have to do everything out here and even book my flight and make provisions for accomodation independently.

Here is an excerpt from my mail:

"This offer is a genuine offer for employment in Ireland however, it must be noted that the candidate must be in a financial position to pay for his / her RCSI Aptitude Test, and all associated documents as listed on the attached job specification's required to travel, and work, as well as their own flights to Ireland. This is a significant change to the previous packages available.
Please consider this offer and be sure that should you decide to pursue it that you are in a financial position to follow it through."

I hope this helps. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Zinny18: 10:52pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hi dear colleagues, how's our yankee journey going? May God bless our hustles in Jesus' name Amen.

Please for those people using Shearwater Health as their agency please contact me via my email address pearlistalking@gmail.com. We have a whatsapp group. Thanks and exam success to all of us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 12:54am On Mar 28, 2018
Sorry guys. I'm having an issue with my WhatsApp.

Kindly mail me and I'll get back to you. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
Have everyone left naija...
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ecstacy29: 8:10am On Apr 04, 2018
Gracefav:
Have everyone left naija...
Sup bae, how's it going with you?
Don't know about others oooo, buh I'm still here, guess people are busy with different preparations. grin Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by success2k7: 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
ecstacy29:

Don't know about others oooo, buh I'm still here, guess people are busy with different preparations. grin Cheers

Na so oooo!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sesay: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
Part 3 by sesay: 3:48pm
Hello house, pls this is my first post on this section. Am planning on applying for Canadian visa via ETA(e-visa) application for myself and wife....no kids yet. I have few questions to ask pls.
1. Can one apply for permanent resident there as I don't intend to come back?
2. Between online and paper application, which is better?
As ETA is usually 4-5 years visiting visa and i think paper is like 6months thereabout for visiting.
3. what are the disadvantages and advantages
Hints for further assistance. ...am a banker by profession and wifey be Nurse. Thanks guys.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:33am On Apr 06, 2018
Doing well dear tnks, I guess u are right everybody is busy ,the wahala no be here oo
ecstacy29:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sesay: 9:35am On Apr 06, 2018
*UK needs Nurses from commonwealth*

Are you, or do you know of a Qualified Nurse with two years minimum experience in a commonwealth country who wish to relocate with family and work in the UK?

Click https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration to go to the home office website or Contact me or the UK Visa center for details

Tel: +44 7404 213 364
Off: +44 2032 391 228
Em: admin@uvc.legal

Registration begins on 1 April 18 for those wishing to migrate from 3 Sept 18

UK visa center is registered and regulated by the OISC in the UK

Please pass on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Mastermindx: 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2018
Good my fellow healthcare family.
Please there's something I need to know which has been talking forever to find out.

I wish to know which of this graduates will find it easier to relocate overseas(UK,US,aussie and Ireland) to work after graduating here.

Doctors
Dentist
Pharmacist and
Nurses.

I appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Dejyno80: 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hi guys, really good job. Anyone gone 2ru WES assessment or other related bodies in canada? I want to know nigeria college of nursing equivalent in Canada. I have general nursing cert and midwife as well.Planning to use for immigration purpose in canada.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Dejyno80: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
@Barbie: IQAS ECA agency assess the RN,RM diploma obtained in Nigeria as comparable to a Canadian diploma? Please need detail info,

Thanks so much
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Cutiekatty: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
Mastermindx:
Good my fellow healthcare family.
Please there's something I need to know which has been talking forever to find out.

I wish to know which of this graduates will find it easier to relocate overseas(UK,US,aussie and Ireland) to work after graduating here.

Doctors
Dentist
Pharmacist and
Nurses.

I appreciate.

A friend of mine is a nurse, she wouldn't mind relocating.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Zinny18: 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2018
Please what do I do? Cgfns did not accept my license validation form from nursing council Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
Zinny18:
Please what do I do? Cgfns did not accept my license validation form from nursing council Nigeria.
Why?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Zinny18: 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
auschris:

Why?

I don't really know, but I'm suspecting it's because I verified both nursing and midwifery license While I filled only nursing on the Cgfns CES application.

If this is actually the problem, does it have a solution?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 3:47am On Apr 10, 2018
Zinny18:

I don't really know, but I'm suspecting it's because I verified both nursing and midwifery license While I filled only nursing on the Cgfns CES application.

If this is actually the problem, does it have a solution?
Contact cgfns and find out why they rejected the license validation. Everything(except death) has a solution when you have a good understanding of why it occurred in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Zinny18: 5:19am On Apr 10, 2018
auschris:

Contact cgfns and find out why they rejected the license validation. Everything(except death) has a solution when you have a good understanding of why it occurred in the first place.

OK sir, I'll try to contact them. It's just that they hardly pick their calls. Thanks for your words of encouragement.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by monisvick: 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
barbiee:
Sent. In my opinion, reading that textbook is a waste of time. I'm not saying it's not relevant o, it is better put to use as a reference material. You can study for cbt using less complex materials unfortunately i can only send these materials via what'sapp because I didn't download the files.

Hi Barbiee, please I beg u, can u forward these materials to my WhatsApp @08062522611.
God bless u as u assist.
Please what is the minimum duration u advice one to study before embarking on the exam?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BarristerAlarig: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2018
sesay:
Part 3 by sesay: 3:48pm
Hello house, pls this is my first post on this section. Am planning on applying for Canadian visa via ETA(e-visa) application for myself and wife....no kids yet. I have few questions to ask pls.
1. Can one apply for permanent resident there as I don't intend to come back?
2. Between online and paper application, which is better?
As ETA is usually 4-5 years visiting visa and i think paper is like 6months thereabout for visiting.
3. what are the disadvantages and advantages
Hints for further assistance. ...am a banker by profession and wifey be Nurse. Thanks guys.

An ETA is not a 4-5years visa. It is merely a tourist visa which is valid for 6mnths at most. You can't be employed while on an ETA. Did you actually read the terms of an ETA? Or you read it and still want to break the terms?? Nigerians will always be Nigerians irrespective of the passport they hold. I sincerely hope you are deported when you break the terms of the e-visa.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by rennue2day: 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
success2k7:

@A3710: I've been a silent reader and follower of this great thread, kindly send me the soft copies too. e-mail addy: @yahoo.com.
Thank you.
i need soft copies of nclex materials. My email is rennue2day@gmail.com.tns
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by rennue2day: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
auschris:

I have the soft copy. I can send it to you via email.
pls I need soft copy of nclex materials.my email is remnue2day@yahoo.com.tns
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Mastermindx: 8:02am On Apr 16, 2018
Good morning everyone.

Please I need genuine information on this.

I which to study nursing but I'm confused on which route to take and which will offer more opportunities to work abroad after graduation and advance my career in nursing much faster in and outside Nigeria.

Between school of nursing ubth.
And
University degree nursing, uniben.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Mastermindx: 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
Please I need answers urgently, please.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
rennue2day:
pls I need soft copy of nclex materials.my email is remnue2day@yahoo.com.tns
your email address does not exist according to google.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by rennue2day: 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
barbiee:
your email address does not exist according to google.
sorry my email is rennue2day@yahoo.com or rennue2day@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.