Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (631085 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
nonitilda:
Hi, please am about to start my registration to cgfns. With the delay and all, is it possible to send my document without writing Ielts because of its 2 yrs duration so that while waiting for their reply, I can then prepare and write the Ielts.

Secondly I am a graduate nurse with RN,RM,RPN and RPHN. Does cgfns need these qualifications? Or I should just send my degree and RN registration

Thirdly, I have not really renewed my RN license, I just update it with all my additional qualifications which are all contained in the same licence card. Will council just send the qualifications I request for and leave the rest?
I have read the beginning of this thread, but somehow I am still a little confused.
Anybody with answers should please assist me. Thanks

Also anybody in Enugu going through this same process should please holla at me.
verify your RN and BSN. Don't waste your money on all others
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2018
desy24444:
it has always been the standard of shearwaters to recruit only graduate nurses. Thats why you hardly see their nurses especially in Nigeria.

Ok thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 6:38am On Feb 13, 2018
dematics:

I ve done the change of name at court and the paper publication but her license is still bearing the old name and will expire by December. I guess to change the name on the license will be during renewal. Can i go ahead with cgfns registration with the old name on the license or wait till after renewal?
From personal experience I think it's better you change everything you want to change before applying with cgfns to avoid unnecessary delays and rejections.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
barbiee:
From personal experience I think it's better you change everything you want to change before applying with cgfns to avoid unnecessary delays and rejections.

Ok thanks. I will have to wait till the license expires in December to renew and change the name on it
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by nonitilda: 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2018
barbiee:

1. You can start with your credentials evaluation pending ielts if you are pursuing registration in a state that doesn't require it. If that is the case then it's better you wait until after your nclex, just when you want to apply for visascreen.

2. Just verify only ur RN, forget about the rest. They just want to know if you hold a valid registered nurse licence

3. If ur license is expired then renew it and apply for your license validation. If it's still current then apply right away.

Thanks a lot. Let me put my Ielts on hold for now.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by nonitilda: 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
desy24444:
verify your RN and BSN. Don't waste your money on all others

Thanks a lot!!!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
Chiomajesus77:

Please when did you do the CES report ?

Started it in Oct 2016....got it in Nov 2017
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
The Journey so far.

After I passed my ieltsUKVI, I contacted the agency someone suggested here. Well they were keen to run with me thus prompting me to "do fast" and write the CBT.
Within that period, a lot happened. I got mobbed in Lagos twice. Phones, laptops gone. Well, let's just say I got feed up and relented in my pursuit.

Broke and having lost all my study materials, I was just not feeling it again. Thanks to gratefulme40 and a handful of friends that still encouraged me. Fast forward a month, I registered and passed my CBT.

It was not magic, I was just angry I can't come and use my "last card" to write exam and fail it. I studied my eyes out and it payed off. Na God grace sha.

I got a job offer before my CBT, so it was pretty damn fast and expensive journey till my visa came out.

Make no mistake, it ain't easy but not as hard as you'd think it is. All na "mind".

That's my story. Thanks to all who helped me out here. I can't be more grateful. I really appreciate all y'all.

Congrats once again dear, wish u success as you prepare for ur OSCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
slinkyibk:
[Congratulations Gracefav on acing your cbt, pls i nred some information from you. Pls kindly contact me on whatsapp 08069108581. Thanks in anticipationquote author=Gracefav post=64422259]

Congratulations Inkredible, would love to have your contact, I was found eligible to sit for cbt by NMC though under evidence two, which states that you must have undergone a pre-registration training, taught in English & currently practicing in hospital where English is spoken 75% of the time. I just passed my CBT exam but along the line decided to write ielts because there is a probability that NMC may not be satisfied with the evidence two when presented.
I wrote ielts academic and got L8, S7, W7, R6.5, so I registered for ielts ukvi and need someone (friend) whom i can share my experience with and who will be able to advice me based on experience.
Most of female colleagues that have been through this journey are so protective of their experiences including the mistakes or the challenges they faced & how they overcame. Please help a colleague

U can take down your number dear, sorry for the late response
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 12:23am On Feb 16, 2018
Congratulations! So happy for you. I've also aced IELTS for UKVI and CBT. How do I get an employer please?
Inkredible:
The Journey so far.

After I passed my ieltsUKVI, I contacted the agency someone suggested here. Well they were keen to run with me thus prompting me to "do fast" and write the CBT.
Within that period, a lot happened. I got mobbed in Lagos twice. Phones, laptops gone. Well, let's just say I got feed up and relented in my pursuit.

Broke and having lost all my study materials, I was just not feeling it again. Thanks to gratefulme40 and a handful of friends that still encouraged me. Fast forward a month, I registered and passed my CBT.

It was not magic, I was just angry I can't come and use my "last card" to write exam and fail it. I studied my eyes out and it payed off. Na God grace sha.

I got a job offer before my CBT, so it was pretty damn fast and expensive journey till my visa came out.

Make no mistake, it ain't easy but not as hard as you'd think it is. All na "mind".

That's my story. Thanks to all who helped me out here. I can't be more grateful. I really appreciate all y'all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 6:43am On Feb 16, 2018
I recently passed UKVI IELTS and CBT. How do I get a sponsor?
@ Inkredible @gratefulme40

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by melicent: 8:42am On Feb 16, 2018
Congrats inkredible and sucess in your osce exam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 12:11pm On Feb 16, 2018
Omotolale:

Congratulations omotolale.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 12:11pm On Feb 16, 2018
melicent:
Congrats inkredible and sucess in your osce exam.

Thanks melicent.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
Omotolale:
congratulations
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
barbiee:
congratulations

Congratulations to you too!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
Omotolale:

Congratulations!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mim1031: 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
Omotolale:

Congratulations, kindly assist with CBT materials. my email is mariamolatunji05@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
IYIMAN:

Congratulations to you too!
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ecstacy29: 11:43am On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=Inkredible post=63860452]Happy new year dearies,

So far so good. The UK hustle is looking up. Very soon, it will be a possibility.

Great Nigerian Nurses!
Good work you guys are doing here. I am an R.N., I've been a silent follower/ardent reader on this thread. I must, as a matter of fact, commend the brain behind this thread. I have really gained and learnt a lot.
P.S. I have aced my CBT, gotten my DL, just wrote my IELTS for UKVI and awaiting the results. It's not been an easy journey, from finances to institutional frustrations (SON et NMCN) but it's been worthwhile, especially as the dreams of working in the UK comes closer with each dawn.

Thumbs up to everyone sharing tips and experiences so as to make another's journey easier.
God bless 'you'.
@auschris, Iyiman, gratefulme40, barbiee and others, keep up the good work.

@Inkredible, congrats on your success story. I guess you are the same guy on the Ukmigrant thread.. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=ecstacy29 post=65278912][/quote]

Congratulations buddy. All the best in ur IELTS too.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 5:15am On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations ecstacy29, are you going through an agent/agency?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ecstacy29: 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
barbiee:
Congratulations ecstacy29, are you going through an agent/agency?

@barbiee, yea i am.

@inkredible, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ecstacy29: 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Omotolale:

Have you gotten a sponsor yet?

All the best!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
@Inkredible

Congratulations omotolale. [/quote]

Please chat me up on whatsapp, I formatted my phone & lost contacts. I have a question please & it's urgent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Or maybe someone can help me please,,, I av a job interview coming up in few days by a Care home in UK, but my question is... Those that are there working already can you tell me the better choice to make,,, NHS or Care Home,?? which is better regarding pay, osce pass rate,relocation package & other benefits. Help a colleague

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by princelynx: 10:23am On Feb 27, 2018
@EvePre, pls I need to talk to you. Send me your contact on barr.tayo@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
Inkredible:

Congratulations omotolale.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
barbiee:
congratulations

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
IYIMAN:

Congratulations!
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2018
mim1031:

Congratulations, kindly assist with CBT materials. my email is mariamolatunji05@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2018
ecstacy29:

Have you gotten a sponsor yet?

All the best!
Yes, process ongoing. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.