Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (626648 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamaJeremy: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2018
I sent you a mail earlier. Please how was the skype interview by your employer like, major questions? tips to Pass it?
Inkredible:

Sure. Hit me up
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Anny007(f): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
[quote author=mamajaz post=55626422][/quote]
HELLO MAMAJAZ,LOVELY POST U GOT,PLS I WILL LOVE TO JOIN UR IELTS CHAT GROUP.email me (anneiyogun007@gmail.com).thks and waiting for u kind response
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Kimkardashain(f): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
can you migrate with your family?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
Yes
Kimkardashain:
can you migrate with your family?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Rejoize: 8:43am On Jul 28, 2018
success2k7:

U will request for it through the BoN u registered with.
Thanks. But how long does it take to arrive .
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Kimkardashain(f): 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=auschris post=69756277]Yes [/quote can we talk on WhatsApp? 08169607716
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Anny007(f): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2018
A3710:

I just tried, it didn't upload. The files are large , thats why.
goodday my wonderful colleague,i did psychiatric after my diploma RN,when filling my cgfns,do i need to fill in psychiatric as my specialization or maintain my RN .tks n expecting your reply
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Gozi2017: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
Envertiz consultancy.its free you will not remit anything.again they will give you enough materials to prepare for the CBT exam,arrange job interviews with different hospitals,assist with visa application etc.
I used then and they are just excellent.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Lilybush: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hello members,
I am filling up my cgfn form for CES.
At d licence column,was asked if my license is a lifetime practice license? Yes or No.
Please I need your reply. Tnks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Agvibrancy: 6:46am On Aug 03, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Gozi2017:
Envertiz consultancy.its free you will not remit anything.again they will give you enough materials to prepare for the CBT exam,arrange job interviews with different hospitals,assist with visa application etc.
I used then and they are just excellent.

Ok.. Pls can u send me a mail @ agvibrancy@gmail.com. I need to make some verification from u. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 1:45am On Aug 04, 2018
Anny007:

HELLO MAMAJAZ,LOVELY POST U GOT,PLS I WILL LOVE TO JOIN UR IELTS CHAT GROUP.email me (anneiyogun007@gmail.com).thks and waiting for u kind response
. Hope you got my response sis?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by piro007(m): 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
mamajaz:
. Hope you got my response sis?
no sis didn't get it
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
I havent been here for a while mostly because this thread isnt as fast as others. Anyways I just wanna drop this here to encourage someone.

My Timeline
*Registered for CGFNS....Oct 1 2016
*Paid for CGFNS.........Oct 21 2016
*SON transcript sent .....nov 1st 2016 (I didnt send my midwifery transcript
*Applied for NMCN validation.......nov 24 2016
*NmCN sent validation......april 13 2017(council moved from previous location to new location and plenty other stories of people moving offices and reshuffled jobs etc....it was annoying)
* additional info required by cgfns.....June 10 2017(they wanted the obs experience separated from the gynea)

Moved to canada for studies in june
* sent back to cgfns ........August 3rd 2017
*CES report received .......nov 17th 2017
*applied to Texas BON ......nov 21 2017
*applied to identgo(finger print company).......20 nov 2017
*nursing jurisprudence exam passed......dec 12 2017
( I applied for the exam on the same day and bought their 25$ lecture and listened to it. At the end of the lecture I logged into the exam and took it. I passed in that sitting with 92%. So fear not the exam is very straightforward)
*Texas bon requested for another verification from nmcn .......23rd dec 2017
* VOL sent to BON ......Jan 21 2018
*finger print card received....Feb 5th 2018( there was a delay here because the ist ond they sent didnt get to me for some reasons I cant explain)
*finger print done and sent .....Feb 22nd 2018
* criminal check completed .....12th March 2018

* registered with Pearson vue ......5th may 2018 (I decided I wasnt gonna run anymore and I would take the nclex , let what wants to happen, happen. I was just tired of stressing about it )

* ATT sent ........8th may 2018( lolzzz....didnt know it would be so fast....I almost prayed God should take it back ist.....because suddenly my liver fail me....hahhahaha)

Att was going to expire by July so I fixed my exam for June 25th at 12noon. Exam centre was 2hrs away from my city so I followed a friend to the city a day before. I cant say I slept at night sha...but I told myself that it isnt know that I will read what will come out tomorrow. But I couldnt stop glancing at my note till I slept off.

Test day experience

I woke up at 8am ans my friend had left because she tests at 8am. I took the taxi to the venue and got there 1.5hrs early (my nerves were all over the place). Receptionist asked me to wait downstairs and come back upstairs 30mis before my test time (because I was too early and there is no waiting in the exam centre lobby). I came back upstairs as directed. Used the washroom, said a short prayer and went in.

Security check and palm vein all done and I was in front of the desktop. Took a deep breath, prayed again and started.

Finished in 1hr 50mins at 75questions. I took my break at the point and went to the washroom to wash my face, pray and I came back to my sit.I got the surgery questions (15 or so)and some other pilot study questions (30quest). I was already mentally exhausted and didnt want to sit anymore but I just answered them so the system can switch off.syetem finally shut off and I left.

I got the email notification of exam taken and immediately did my PVC trick. I got the good pop up( that's you try to re register and it says you already have an existing registeration). I waited for the 48hrs and did the quick result check. it was there .....I PASSED grin!!!!.
Saw my name later in the day on Texas site(verification of licence RN grin). I got my certificate with my license number on the 8th of August 2018(single license because I dont have a US SSN)

It was an amazing experience!

Study material
:
Saunders 7th ed;
really wonderful for content. If you can finish it that would be wonderful. I stopped at chap 52 sha.....
Mark klimek audios;
Helps put things in perspective for you. It is a wonderful resource. Make sure u actually know ur cushman grin
Kaplan Qbank;
I finished it ....dont worry of you fail the SATA here angry it happens...I got 18% on the SATA. Average percentage at the end of the qbank was 54%.
CAT1 in feb ....finished at 80quest
CaT2 ......finished at 82quest (3wks to exam)
CAT 3......finished at 87quest(2wks to exam)
Uword;
This is by far the best qbank but I advice u use it only after u have arranged ur content. Uworld would also give u a lot of information on content also and the visual aids are wonderful.Average percentage at the end of qbank was 64% on the 82nd percentile( I think)
Ist and 2nd assessment......very high chance of passing.

If it helps anyone also note that;
Reading was done while attending school full time and with a full time job till april. Then just a full time job from april till exam day . Just do what you have to do to make it work for u.....above all believe in yourselves!
You are a Nigerian RN, you survived that.....you can survive anything kiss kiss kiss

Sorry for the long post.....

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2018
please whats the age limit for travelling to work as a nurse?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2018
hi all...this post is premature cos i have not yet collected my passport from the USA embassy. But i just want to put it out there.

Long story short...VISA APPROVED AND ISSUED BY USA EMBASSY
Interview was set on August 7 2018. After so much waiting the day came
see security...omo.
Well our case number ended with 004 so i presumed 3 people would be interviewed before us
My wife was ready. All documents printed and all checks and balances made via document checklist. Medical was fine. Made new police clearance and NBI fingerprint in case they said previous was expired (they did not)
After security checks we were sent to an area to sit. children were fast asleep. See tension in the air. we were only Nigerians in Abu Dhabi embassy (Other nationalities with good economies still struggling to enter Yankee)
Naso 7:30 them call us (big lady, lovely smile and attitude). Just dy go through our papers. She was courteous and assuring. Asked some questions to wife.
CGFNS, Marriage certificate, offer letter (originals and copy). Told us we will be called by another consular and that we should go for fingerprint.
Fingerprint done. next we were called by the other consular. BARRAGE OF QUESTIONS

Everything you need to know about you, your job, employer, hubby or spouse, terms of contract, where you would be working or living, where you have lived...so many questions. But if you go online and also use @auscris (my main oga for life) visa journey questions. you will be fine.

***THEN THE WHITE PAPER FINALLY CAME***

"Congratulations on being approved for USA immigrant visa, within 2-3 days you will receive email notification on where and when to collect your passport and packet 4"

Relief, we all went back to sleep. well email never enter but i just felt like boosting you guys. Employer has booked ticket for my family. Me i go dy Dubai small then join them. Employer paid for a months rent in Calico North Dakota. we have a contract for 6 months 2 bedroom apartment. when i saw the pictures i was gladdened. Hopefully next time i update will discuss SSN and other things....keep the faith all. its all hard-work, prayers and hope!!! GRACE AND MERCY SHALL FOLLOW US ALL. AMEN.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DONPablosugar: 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
Tunjinodaysoff:
hi all...this post is premature cos i have not yet collected my passport from the USA embassy. But i just want to put it out there.

GRACE AND MERCY SHALL FOLLOW US ALL. AMEN.

Congrats bro. But could the smoothness of your application process be as a result of the fact that you currently reside in Dubai?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DONPablosugar: 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
vickyehi:
I havent been here for a while mostly because this thread isnt as fast as others. Anyways I just wanna drop this here to encourage someone.

Thanks for the detailed transcripts and Congratulations on your success.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
no...not at all as the same process was used by 2 people who guided us. both were based in Nigeria as at time of their respective interviews
DONPablosugar:

Congrats bro. But could the smoothness of your application process be as a result of the fact that you currently reside in Dubai?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DONPablosugar: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
Alright then. Thanks bros.

please. I have a slightly silly question. For nurses who wish to relocate to the Uk, why must they sit Ukvi instead of IELTS. It confuses me.

Secondly how much will it cost to register for NMC and UKvi here in Nigeria.

Thirdly, kindly share a good and trusted link of an agent to help register. privately thanks.

current location is ibadan, Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
DONPablosugar:
Alright then. Thanks bros.

please. I have a slightly silly question. For nurses who wish to relocate to the Uk, why must they sit Ukvi instead of IELTS. It confuses me.

Secondly how much will it cost to register for NMC and UKvi here in Nigeria.

Thirdly, kindly share a good and trusted link of an agent to help register. privately thanks.

current location is ibadan, Nigeria.
People choose to sit ukvi because if you sit for ielts, you would need to resist for ukvi when u want to process your Visa.

Cost of ukvi is about 84k or thereabout. You can easily type "ielts application Nigeria" into google and you would see what is available in the country. I am not sure if ukvi is written in Ibadan but Lagos I know for a fact.
You do not need an agent to register for any exam. Just do ur google search for their website and apply directly by urself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DONPablosugar: 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
Thanks @vickyehi.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:02am On Aug 12, 2018
DONPablosugar:
Thanks @vickyehi.
U welcome
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 5:00am On Aug 12, 2018
Congratulations and thank you for the detailed account of your experience. I wish you the best in the stages ahead. See you on the other side.
vickyehi:

My Timeline
*Registered for CGFNS....Oct 1 2016
*Paid for CGFNS.........Oct 21 2016
*SON transcript sent .....nov 1st 2016 (I didnt send my midwifery transcript
*Applied for NMCN validation.......nov 24 2016
*NmCN sent validation......april 13 2017(council moved from previous location to new location and plenty other stories of people moving offices and reshuffled jobs etc....it was annoying)
* additional info required by cgfns.....June 10 2017(they wanted the obs experience separated from the gynea)

Moved to canada for studies in june
* sent back to cgfns ........August 3rd 2017
*CES report received .......nov 17th 2017
*applied to Texas BON ......nov 21 2017
*applied to identgo(finger print company).......20 nov 2017
*nursing jurisprudence exam passed......dec 12 2017
( I applied for the exam on the same day and bought their 25$ lecture and listened to it. At the end of the lecture I logged into the exam and took it. I passed in that sitting with 92%. So fear not the exam is very straightforward)
*Texas bon requested for another verification from nmcn .......23rd dec 2017
* VOL sent to BON ......Jan 21 2018
*finger print card received....Feb 5th 2018( there was a delay here because the ist ond they sent didnt get to me for some reasons I cant explain)
*finger print done and sent .....Feb 22nd 2018
* criminal check completed .....12th March 2018

* registered with Pearson vue ......5th may 2018 (I decided I wasnt gonna run anymore and I would take the nclex , let what wants to happen, happen. I was just tired of stressing about it )

* ATT sent ........8th may 2018( lolzzz....didnt know it would be so fast....I almost prayed God should take it back ist.....because suddenly my liver fail me....hahhahaha)

Att was going to expire by July so I fixed my exam for June 25th at 12noon. Exam centre was 2hrs away from my city so I followed a friend to the city a day before. I cant say I slept at night sha...but I told myself that it isnt know that I will read what will come out tomorrow. But I couldnt stop glancing at my note till I slept off.

Test day experience

I woke up at 8am ans my friend had left because she tests at 8am. I took the taxi to the venue and got there 1.5hrs early (my nerves were all over the place). Receptionist asked me to wait downstairs and come back upstairs 30mis before my test time (because I was too early and there is no waiting in the exam centre lobby). I came back upstairs as directed. Used the washroom, said a short prayer and went in.

Security check and palm vein all done and I was in front of the desktop. Took a deep breath, prayed again and started.

Finished in 1hr 50mins at 75questions. I took my break at the point and went to the washroom to wash my face, pray and I came back to my sit.I got the surgery questions (15 or so)and some other pilot study questions (30quest). I was already mentally exhausted and didnt want to sit anymore but I just answered them so the system can switch off.syetem finally shut off and I left.

I got the email notification of exam taken and immediately did my PVC trick. I got the good pop up( that's you try to re register and it says you already have an existing registeration). I waited for the 48hrs and did the quick result check. it was there .....I PASSED grin!!!!.
Saw my name later in the day on Texas site(verification of licence RN grin). I got my certificate with my license number on the 8th of August 2018(single license because I dont have a US SSN)

It was an amazing experience!

Study material
:
Saunders 7th ed;
really wonderful for content. If you can finish it that would be wonderful. I stopped at chap 52 sha.....
Mark klimek audios;
Helps put things in perspective for you. It is a wonderful resource. Make sure u actually know ur cushman grin
Kaplan Qbank;
I finished it ....dont worry of you fail the SATA here angry it happens...I got 18% on the SATA. Average percentage at the end of the qbank was 54%.
CAT1 in feb ....finished at 80quest
CaT2 ......finished at 82quest (3wks to exam)
CAT 3......finished at 87quest(2wks to exam)
Uword;
This is by far the best qbank but I advice u use it only after u have arranged ur content. Uworld would also give u a lot of information on content also and the visual aids are wonderful.Average percentage at the end of qbank was 64% on the 82nd percentile( I think)
Ist and 2nd assessment......very high chance of passing.

If it helps anyone also note that;
Reading was done while attending school full time and with a full time job till april. Then just a full time job from april till exam day . Just do what you have to do to make it work for u.....above all believe in yourselves!
You are a Nigerian RN, you survived that.....you can survive anything kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 5:03am On Aug 12, 2018
Oga, congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience.
I dey wait for una.
Tunjinodaysoff:

Interview was set on August 7 2018. After so much waiting the day came
see security...omo.
Well our case number ended with 004 so i presumed 3 people would be interviewed before us
My wife was ready. All documents printed and all checks and balances made via document checklist. Medical was fine. Made new police clearance and NBI fingerprint in case they said previous was expired (they did not)
After security checks we were sent to an area to sit. children were fast asleep. See tension in the air. we were only Nigerians in Abu Dhabi embassy (Other nationalities with good economies still struggling to enter Yankee)
Naso 7:30 them call us (big lady, lovely smile and attitude). Just dy go through our papers. She was courteous and assuring. Asked some questions to wife.
CGFNS, Marriage certificate, offer letter (originals and copy). Told us we will be called by another consular and that we should go for fingerprint.
Fingerprint done. next we were called by the other consular. BARRAGE OF QUESTIONS

Everything you need to know about you, your job, employer, hubby or spouse, terms of contract, where you would be working or living, where you have lived...so many questions. But if you go online and also use @auscris (my main oga for life) visa journey questions. you will be fine.

***THEN THE WHITE PAPER FINALLY CAME***

"Congratulations on being approved for USA immigrant visa, within 2-3 days you will receive email notification on where and when to collect your passport and packet 4"

Relief, we all went back to sleep. well email never enter but i just felt like boosting you guys. Employer has booked ticket for my family. Me i go dy Dubai small then join them. Employer paid for a months rent in Calico North Dakota. we have a contract for 6 months 2 bedroom apartment. when i saw the pictures i was gladdened. Hopefully next time i update will discuss SSN and other things....keep the faith all. its all hard-work, prayers and hope!!! GRACE AND MERCY SHALL FOLLOW US ALL. AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 6:09am On Aug 12, 2018
lol...haha. we dy com
auschris:
Oga, congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience.
I dey wait for una.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2018
Tunjinodaysoff:
lol...haha. we dy com
Mr T I have some questions.
1... From the point u signed with cirrus to this stage of awaiting passport, approximately how long did it take
2...how much is the rate of wage they offered?
3....in your opinion what are the pros and cons 0n this company and others u encountered.

I am trying to decide on the next step to take. I havent signed with any company yet. I am trying to weigh me options.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.