Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Database Administrators On Nairaland - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Database Administrators On Nairaland (9836 Views)

Anyone Got Oracle 11g New Features For Administrators Dumps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by slashcuff(m): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2006
@shadoghale What Do u want to know, i'm a programmer also do DBA's With Oracle, SQL. I can be of help anytime. U can always get my e-mail address here.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2006
Now u r talking cos if it is for a job, in nigeria, forget it!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by usalawu(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2006
hi y'all I am currently undergoing training in Oracle. To shadoghale pls the dvd tutorial u wanna get is it for Oracle 10g or 9i? If it is for 10g pls how do I get it?
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2006
which ever one it is, go for it! since we dont have real life scenarios to work with in this country, we need as much materials with different angles to get us into the 'feel'
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by funso77(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2006
Hi evryone, i just want to use this medium to reach out to evryone who has materials or resources to enhance my training as well certification and getting a gud job as an Oracle Database Administrator/Developer to please reach me at ayoosuntokun@yahoo.com i should conclude my training by January 2007 and immediately sit for my certification thereafter.

There's a lot to be shared on this forum and i think so far things are getting clearer on my chosen field of interest and technology to say. Thanx to all members of this forum. nuthing comes easy evrywhere most especially when you find urself in a very competitive labour mkt like Nigeria. Master holders, professional certificate holders are being offered peanuts and so on, but the prayer is after all the candle-lights and sleep-less nights of worries and studying, we get employed in a gud organization that offers skills equivalent to the level of ur experience and expertise. i respect the views of evryone coz in truth and ideas, there's much to be learnt.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by kg(f): 3:57pm On Nov 15, 2006
ladybaby:

I am an experienced DBA OVER 8 YEARS with ORACLE done it all now i am into more the data architecture modelling; certified ocp all i can say is work experience is a whole lot more than just passing a certification!

Yes o, I agree with you work experience is a whole lot more than just passing a certification!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2006
so where do u advice that they go for experience huh? considering the state of the nation where IT is concerned!

give possible solutions dont just concor and let it hang

>hiss<
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by kitaun(m): 12:53am On Nov 16, 2006
@Cabali, why hiss?
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 6:48am On Nov 16, 2006
I really cant say grin
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by kitaun(m): 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2006
Na wah for u o! grin

U don bring your attitude come here tongue
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2006
No its not like that o. its just that am passionate for database administration and sometimes i get emotional on it grin
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by olawa20(m): 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2006
I've just had my oracle 10g certification and also looking for a job to get experience.

In Nigeria, it can hardly happen the other way round except you find yourself in organisations that make use of DB Tools and u're fortunate to be allowed near the database at all.

I think the best thing to do is to be armed with a lot of skills especially in the area of program development and try to start doing stuffs on your own. That is what i'm trying to do now.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by Bossman(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2006
Hands on experience is very critical in the IT field. Be it application development, DB admin, or network admin. Unfortunately, it seems like it's almost impossible to get the hands on experience in Nigeria. So, as most others have posted, the route to go is to practice as much as possible by doing personal projects. Sometimes another way to get the experience is to look for volunteer projects.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2006
I agree, Totally!!!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by segebee(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2006
hush u haters!

been some time cos i've been loaded wt assignments @ school
no one says u can learn only @ niit, im just saying u get better recognition and u are not asked questions like others. however, its in nigeria, certificates count.

at niit, u won't even look for a job; of course that's what u pay for!

@ seun, mysql is crap;can use it on ur system though no serious organisation will use it
i got class, gotta run ;
but lets talk oracle and not careers like how to use pl/sql to program

im out!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2006
AND STAY OUT!!!!

do u want me to give u a short list of those who finished from NITT and still looking for their bearings even with their certificates? have u asked why ur NIIT faculties(like they are called) decide to teach at NITT for a salary of abt N40K a month if they can get the jobs u were deceived to believe u will get when u get out of NIIT.

I can see u are young in this! better plan how u will cope with the employment market when u get out and dont bring the crapy NIIT hope back on this thread!!

And u say mysql is crap U need to be tied to the stakes and shot; really! u dont know a thing about DB except from the cheap assignments u get to submit to ur faculties that really dont know that much as well!

whats ur name, segebee, dont come back here!!!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by paulnewman(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2006
I think you are right by teaming up of all the DBA's and achieve something. am an OCP and haven't gotten a job.I need a serious person to work with in developing databases for business people. thanks you can send me your phone number to give u a call.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by my2cents(m): 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2006
DBAs,

you can register your presence at www.webmastersofafrica.com . You never know who might be there looking for someone to do the job cool
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2006
Now thijs is a post most needed by this thread, - my2cents, thats cool!! cool
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by babasin(m): 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2006
Hi Guys,

From reading your posts, I get a feeling that DB/SQL jobs are very scarce in Naija!

So what are all those banks doing?, those blue-chips companies? are they runing on excel? are they not innovative with new products? is the economy not growing? Soludo/OBJ says its growing,

what about SME? is really so hopeless? I would have imagine as developing society; there should be huge jobs for Apps and Prod DBs.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2006
well there aint!!!

hard to believe?
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by babasin(m): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2006
Cabali
hard to believe?

This is shocking!!

INEC alone should have generated at least 5 SQL/DB jobs in each local council for coming election!

What is really the state of IT in Nigeria? is IT jobs in naija out-sourced or what?
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by my2cents(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2006
Thanks cabali,

Just playing my part cool
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 7:42pm On Dec 17, 2006
IT jobs in nigeria are not out sourced; they are irrelevant as far as the government is concern. Ur nation's intelligence cannot grow past that of ur leaders!

How many of of our leaders are educated? U cant tell Obasanjo to invest in IT, he wont see the need let alone understand the importance. so just get used to it!

we are still trying to be a developing nation, we have to wait for an educated president to hope for that!!!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by babasin(m): 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2006
Cabali,

Now I got the picture!!

So you guys studing IT in Nigeria are in for a long wait; Yar'adua set to become President!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2006
We are not in for a long wait!!!

We are goin to leave the country!!!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by babasin(m): 11:38am On Dec 21, 2006
Cabali,

At the moment, IT Job market is good in Europe, Australia, Singapore, and money is good too. But you will to have work-permit.

Those same jobs could be outsourced to Nigeria; but the reputation/infra problems make it damn difficult to convince the CIOs.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:51am On Dec 21, 2006
nigeria is getting too backwards 4me and i don't see improvement. imagine majority of nigerians have to rely on cdma and gprs for internet. computer science students still learning basic instead of things like php and the rest. and what they don't understand is the fastest way to improve your economy and standard of living is through embracing and investing in technology
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2006
The old clowns dont know that!! I dont mean to be harsh, the government has done a lot with the economy; no doubt but it is just that they think it is too early to spend so much on technology so we still here!!!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2006
well what we need is fresh blood not old people. And thats looks quite impossible so the other option is private investors. And thats also almost looking impossible too
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2006
Now u have the true colour of the situation right there!!! grin
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by segebee(m): 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2007
ok cabali you're bringing it on! angry

{size=16pt][/size]

you are lucky i was busy in school; that's why i didn't reply u immediately.

First, i dont blame you cos u probably are angry that you can't study at niit,
that's why poor stay poor; always beefing the rich, (not that im a rich guy)

Wherever did you get the idea that niit faculties are poor

one of my faculties told me that he was given a contract to convert the database of the nigerian navy;
but he turned it down for the price.

i asked him that maybe 100,000 was too much; he said "are u serious?"
THIS GUY WAS TALKING IN MILLIONS

even if they get paid 40,000 as u said; u've forgotten that they are consulted by companies and they don't work thruout the week.

to those of you cabali wants to fool; the it industry is the in-thing in nigeria

Forget about employment

So companies don't use oracle; look at the opportunity: IF I WAS TO DESIGN A DATABASE FOR A COMPANY; HOW MUCH WOULD I CHARGE;
YES! MILLIONS[DEPENDING ON SITE]

ONLY LAGOS STATE RUNS FULLY ON ORACLE ; EVEN OGUN STATE SAYS ITS UNDERSTAFFED COS ITS RUNNING ITS OWN IT PROJECT. LET'S SAY REALISTICALLY I DESIGN A DATABASE FOR 3 STATES HOW MUCH WOULD I BE PAID,

WHAT OF SCHOOLS AND CHURCHES,

AND I HAVEN'T EVEN TALKED OF MAINTAINING THE DATABASE WHICH IS WHERE MONEY IS!

[IF U WERE MANAGING ONLY ABUJA'S DATABASE, ] WE SHOULD BE CREATIVE!

SO I HOPE YOU STAY OUT CABALI tongue AND LET SERIOUS PEOPLE TALK ABOUT DATABASES! (THOUGH I MUST SAY I WAS WRONG ABOUT MYSQL; AND THE NIIT THINGY ABOUT JOB PLACEMENT, BESIDES MYSQL IS ONLY GOOD FOR WEB; WONDER WHY YAHOO USES ORACLE, THEY'D CRASH WITH MYSQL grin

OH; IM HOPE I'VE REALLY TAUGHT CABALI A LESSON smiley cheesy grin shocked

NOW LETS TALK DATABASES;

To make ur work easier when inserting into tales use;

insert into <tablename> values ('&value1','&value2',, '&value10') ;

THIS WILL ASK YOU TO ENTER THE VALUES FOR THE COLUMNS

NOTE THAT IT WILL ENTER INTO THE TABLE IN THE ORDER ABOVE

ALSO, VALUE1 ETC IS JUST AN EASY IDENTIFIER AND MAY NOT BE COLUMN NAME!

I HOPE I'VE TAUGHT SOMEONE SOMETHING!

NB: CABALI; IM BROWSING FROM NIIT cool tongue lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians / Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites / Create A Nested Lists Of Categories In Laravel 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.