Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Database Administrators On Nairaland - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Database Administrators On Nairaland (9834 Views)

Anyone Got Oracle 11g New Features For Administrators Dumps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by vivienne(f): 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2007
@ segebee
lnow this your post got me all mad.I just needed to air my views,  first of all,
segebee:

ok cabali you're bringing it on! angry

you are lucky i was busy in school; that's why i didn't reply u immediately.

u have 12 hours of lectures every week, that is 12 outta 168 hours, duh! how busy could u be! why dont u just say the truth, u didnt have money to go to a cyber cafe, its not like u are been locked up in the school and not asked 2 go out!!!!!!

segebee:

First, i don't blame you because u probably are angry that you can't study at niit,
that's why poor stay poor; always beefing the rich, (not that im a rich guy)

so because one is good at studying and learning on his own and sees spending over 150,000 learning a course as a waste of resources now makes him poor and he shall forever remain poor! that is the dumbest thing i have heard in a while.

segebee:

Wherever did you get the idea that niit faculties are poor

one of my faculties told me that he was given a contract to convert the database of the nigerian navy;
but he turned it down for the price.

i asked him that maybe 100,000 was too much; he said "are u serious?"
THIS GUY WAS TALKING IN MILLIONS

even if they get paid 40,000 as u said; u've forgotten that they are consulted by companies and they don't work thruout the week.

to those of you cabali wants to fool; the it industry is the in-thing in nigeria

The guy was given a contract of millions and he turned it down, and u believd him? how gullible could u be? If he is turning down millions then why is he still working for 40k a month, does it make sense? I know they will tell you they need the time they get as lecturer to use for other runs! wake up my dear. even if he got the job, he probably would have quit his job.
segebee:

NOW LETS TALK DATABASES;

To make your work easier when inserting into tales use;

insert into <tablename> values ('&value1','&value2',, '&value10') ;

THIS WILL ASK YOU TO ENTER THE VALUES FOR THE COLUMNS

NOTE THAT IT WILL ENTER INTO THE TABLE IN THE ORDER ABOVE

ALSO, VALUE1 ETC IS JUST AN EASY IDENTIFIER AND MAY NOT BE COLUMN NAME!

I HOPE I'VE TAUGHT SOMEONE SOMETHING!

so who the hell said he/she didnt know that, sure u think its a bunch of kiddos on this thread right? well, maybe someone did(never say never) but u dont teach with this kindda attitude

segebee:

NB: CABALI; IM BROWSING FROM NIIT cool tongue lipsrsealed

so what if you are browsing from there, aren't you paying for it duh!!!!
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by progwiz(m): 11:52am On Feb 17, 2007
Either you just started learning Database/programming or you already learned and looking for job , i employ you to be creative with it. IT is creativity ,create a solution that will meet demands ,then you will have real life experience and job offers ,probably become self employed .

make yourself relevant that any company will pay any amount to have you.

stir up your mind and be a solution provider with the knowledge you ve acquired
only what you work will work
true solutions can not be ignored
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 3:47am On Feb 19, 2007
@ viviene u posted just like u got the script from me

@ segebee the clown with all ur stay and study all u know how to share is how to insert data? my 17 yr old cousin knows that and he is not studying to be a DBA. Ur knowledge is so shallow

U and ur faculty who gave u that primary school tale should be arrested for foolery

And if u think NIIT will source a job for u whenever u r through, u will be so shocked u wouldnt know what hit u!! Better make sure u are creative and versatile to face it in the real world of DBAs; and better know more than just inserting data and I just might call u up for an interview
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 3:57am On Feb 19, 2007
@ vivienne nice pix there; u a DBA?
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by vivienne(f): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2007
not yet, still studying 2 take my exams, probably in april wink
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by kitaun(m): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2007
@segebee

you really are a disgrace to even your highly rated institution NIIT shocked shocked

WHAT POINT HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO PROVE?? undecided

U TESTING UR FAR AND BETWEEN KNOWLEDGE ON US?
angry
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by progwiz(m): 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2007
hey vivienne ,emmmm it's actually nt ma style bt i kip chking dt pix of urs , re u really d  1 thr ?   smiley wink
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 11:55pm On Feb 19, 2007
Lets forget about segebee there!!

He is still too excited he is preparing to be a DBA; dont know thats all about though
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by vivienne(f): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2007
@prog-wiz
yeah that is me, aint i good looking?lol shocked
I'll try and put another up, just been lazy grin
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2007
Kill that laziness for some peep's sake, will ya? grin
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by progwiz(m): 12:37am On Feb 21, 2007
@vivienne
cool good luking ;under-statemnt
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by chatykrew(m): 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2007
hi

really i think i appreciate this nairaland. its a real help to discuss current situations enev dba. thanks 4 da site. take care and i wish all of us to continue to improve naiaraland 4 nija benefit.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by larryoncol(m): 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2007
am inviting all guys and gurls who are interested in discusing database administration, especially ORACLE
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2007
Inviting to where?? Hope it is safe grin
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by larryoncol(m): 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2007
no wherek, just talk thats all so tell me is there any OCP here would love to talk about our passion.

larry
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2007
thats why we are all here grin

Is there som' i dont understand
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by larryoncol(m): 11:31am On Apr 03, 2007
no it's ok boo
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by Otuyelu(m): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2007
For those who are interested in becoming Oracle certified, you don't have to pay for anything if you have full access to at least 2 computers that are interlinked and you can monopolize during you learning. Here I will give you the links to Oracle supplied softwares, documentations and tutorial from the Oracle University.

You can download the personal edition of Oracle 10G(DB clustering and some form of application embedding is disabled)
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/index.html

For Oracle 10G certifications you can download all the guides and manuals here
http://www.oracle.com/please/db102/homepage

You get tutorials and tons of examples and tips here
http://www.oracle.com/technology/training/index.html

If you sign up for a free account at Oracle University you get even more articles from the experts at
http://education.oracle.com/web_prod-plq-dad/plsql/show_desc.redirect?redir_type=3&p_org_id=&lang=&source_call=global

All in all you get everything you need to pass each step in your certification plus an online support community, and all for free, and all thanks to the good folks at Oracle.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by larryoncol(m): 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2007
WELL I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO ATTENED AN INSTITUTION THAT IS RECOGNISED BY OREACLE BEFORE YOU GET GET YOU COP CERTIFICATION OK, BY THE WAY IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT GETTING THE STUFF AND LEARNING IT, ATTENDING AN INSTITUTION REALLY HELPS YOU IN MANY WAYS. AT LEAST YOU COULD HAVE A LECTURER THAT CANB VOUCH FOR YOU. "THAT GUY IS GOOD"
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by Otuyelu(m): 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2007
In New York, where I live, one does not need to attend any institution to sit for a certification tests. All one needs is confidence in the subject, testing fees and an appointment at the testing facility ( mos likely http://www.prometric.com/default.htm). I have held several certifications over my 9 years, and have never "had" to go to an institution to learn.

I simply go to the site of the software developer, download the free version of their software along with the manuals. Find a couple of my servers and reinstall to match the software requirements. I Read the manuals while playing with the software, until I know enough to pass any test that may be given in regards to the software in question.

I book a testing date, take along my pencils and ID and go sit for the exam. Using the methodology, the only Exam I ever failed was part 2 of my Sun Solaris exam in 1999. I failed cause I was so confident, since I worked on solaris servers everyday, I never read the manuals nor visited Sun's educational site to see what was going to be tested. Later in the exams I discovered questions about printing and setting up dialup modems, Since I used Sun servers only for Firewall and SecurId systems, I never came across these uses for Solaris.

OK, I hear that one may need a guide, but what better guides than the developer's educational unit which are accessible from the Oracle University online forums?
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by larryoncol(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2007
Otuyelu

yeah we know it's not all that mandetory that you have to attend an institution, but imust tell you that it helps in any way, who going to take the credit for you that you are good if you needed to make reference, apart from that something else that matters is exposure, we all know that oracle is very wide and no matter how much you think you know you can never still know it all, TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE. LOL

larry
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 9:03am On Apr 24, 2007
[/quote]
My Motive: I want to have as much Nigerians as possible working internationally in all the big firms.
In my work-place, there lots of indians and I would really like to see Nigerians too.

[quote]

are there many other fellows in Lagos interested in Oracle/DBA?
We could meet briefly(1hr) as a forum; share ideas, encouragement while I am in Lagos next week.
if it sounds good, let me know.

@ all, the above message is from babasin, from the thread "Oracle DBA Corner ". If you are interested, check the thread to know the 411. We are yet to fix a date.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by larryoncol(m): 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2007
are there many other fellows in abuja interested in Oracle/DBA?
We could meet briefly(1hr) as a forum; share ideas, encouragement while I am in Lagos next week.
if it sounds good, let me know.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by sleektoe: 6:18am On Aug 20, 2007
U ARE RIGHT LOLUU.
U WOULD HAVE ALL THE CRTIFICATIONS BUT GETTING A VIABLE ORGANISATION WHERE U WOULD APPLY UR SKILL AND ALSO LEARN ON THE JOB IS VERY DIFFCULT.
I AM IN SUCH SITIATION
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by cabali(m): 6:42am On Sep 01, 2007
that organisation is just waiting 2 call u, trust me. u just go ahead n get more knowledge and stuff.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by jimblaze(m): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2008
Hello fellow nairalanders lets rekindle this oracle dba thread, just did my oca and readind towards my ocp.lookin for some hands on experience in oracle so if anyone knows anything drop me a line. Also dba jobs are in high demand in Australia and the pay is very good depending on ur experience. Does anyone have any books on pl/sql?
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2014
What's the update on this thread? How far have you guys now gone in your careers? Please spare some Advice For A Beginner Database Administrator.
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by chidex167: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2014
Oloks: @ ladybaby

U are very right about OCP certification, though I am not very sure how much emphasis is placed on it in Nigeria, but in UK here no one really ask for OCP etc, it is more to do with "can u deliver". I have worked for major Consulting firms in UK and Holland and I have never been asked if I have OCP

That's the truth Oloks. I believe its what you can deliver to a particular firm or company that would grant you a stay there
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by chidex167: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2014
I'm currently on 11g but would have loved to try the new 12c oracle just started.. But heard most of 12c is done on the net making it difficult to get into. Pls can anyone ere shed more light on 12c. Thanks
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by Oneguylykdat(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2014
I just want to ask those that hava written the Microsoft sql certified dba exam.....how hard was it?
Re: Database Administrators On Nairaland by chidex167: 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
Oneguylykdat: I just want to ask those that hava written the Microsoft sql certified dba exam.....how hard was it?
It isn't hard
As long as u know bout it, and u ve praticed with the dorms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? / Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians / Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.