Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Am I An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I An Atheist? (4173 Views)

Am I An Apostate? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Debate An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I An Atheist? by Goahead(m): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2016
Modified
Re: Am I An Atheist? by Goahead(m): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2016
Modified
Re: Am I An Atheist? by Goahead(m): 10:49am On Jan 14, 2016
You're late buddy wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

A merciful God

1 Like 1 Share

Yep, I was f**king exposed to an Atheist.
Re: Am I An Atheist? by Goahead(m): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2016
Edited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I An Atheist? by Goahead(m): 10:51am On Jan 14, 2016
Bleep all the oak-tree looking Atheists here. undecided
Re: Am I An Atheist? by Goahead(m): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2016
God knows that I'm deeply sorry for my rebellious stunts yesterday.... Forgive me the great one!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 14, 2016
many questions than answers..
Re: Am I An Atheist? by urahara(m): 11:52am On Jan 14, 2016
Goahead:
"God loves this child and he will starve him to death to prove it.."

The fact that there is so much evil doesn't automatically prove that God doesn't exist.it just proves that a God who is both omnipotent and omnibenevolent God doesn't exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I An Atheist? by ifenes(m): 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
Being an Atheist is only the beginning. You are gradually making use of the curious senses encoded in the DNA. It's going to be an interesting ride if the Christians don't draw you back into the sea of ignorance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
No! No! No! He is breaking free. Winner01, kingebukasblog, vooks, malvisguy212 don't let him go.
Re: Am I An Atheist? by onetrack(m): 4:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
It looks like you have been browsing some atheist pages somewhere. Good for you! smiley

If you agree with the content of these memes, then I'd say you are pretty close to an atheist, or maybe a deist or agnostic.
Re: Am I An Atheist? by malvisguy212: 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
Goahead:
N'lders, pls I need your candid opinions regarding this issue at hand....

I came across these on social media, though I'm a Christian, I believe God exists but my believe is some how deteriorating.....

"The primitive concept that makes you believe that an invincible magical man in the sky who watches over you is beyond stupidity."
if you want to concentrate on evil being done in this world and ignored the Gift of God, then you and I will be guilty. The Bible says that in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. That
includes everything necessary to feed and provide for its inhabitants. Can anyone deny that the earth is capable of producing more than enough food to feed the entire globe? If people are starving, who's fault it is ? If you disobey God, is God fault ? Do you remember the tons of food that were shipped to Ethiopia, but did not reach the starving
people who needed it? Whose fault was that? The reason that over 90% of the
masses have barely enough to survive on, is that there is a problem of DISTRIBUTION, NOT OF SUPPLY. A tiny minority have far more than they need, depriving the many.

Now open your corrupted mind and study this verse:

Romans 1:28-29
28 And since they did not see fit to
acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all
manner of unrighteousness, evil,
covetousness, malice. They are full of
envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,

What dose this imply ? This verse indicated suffering is the result of sin, will their be suffering if any of you atheists followed the teaching of Jesus ? If you chose to be atheist, two word will I say to you "GOODLUCK"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I An Atheist? by Godwin2016: 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
Goahead:

I came across these on social media, though I'm a Christian, I believe God exists but my believe is some how deteriorating.....

"The primitive concept that makes you believe that an invincible magical man in the sky who watches over you is beyond stupidity."

I am shocked! You want to leave your personal Lord and Savior and wonder about like a lost sheep? Like hahn and his gangs? You better go on your kneels and ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Am I An Atheist? by Godwin2016: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
ifenes:
Being an Atheist is only the beginning. You are gradually making use of the curious senses encoded in the DNA. It's going to be an interesting ride if the Christians don't draw you back into the sea of ignorance.

Satan,that's what you are. I rebuke you in Jesus name
Re: Am I An Atheist? by hahn(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Godwin2016:

I am shocked! You want to leave your personal Lord and Savior and wonder about like a lost sheep? Like hahn and his gangs? You better go on your kneels and ask God for forgiveness.

You should try something called "thinking". I don't know if you've ever heard of it but it's free. You can send me your email address so I can send you the ebook "how to think" by common sense. It's very interesting
undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Godwin2016:

Satan,that's what you are. I rebuke you in Jesus name
This one is becoming an atheist soon grin

1 Like

Re: Am I An Atheist? by ichommy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
@OP welcome to the League
hahn the OP need more help cheesy
Re: Am I An Atheist? by donnffd(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
if you want to concentrate on evil being done in this world and ignored the Gift of God, then yoy and I will be guilty. The Bible says that in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. That
includes everything necessary to feed and provide for its inhabitants. Can anyone deny that the earth is capable of producing more than enough food to feed the entire globe? If people are starving, who's fault it is ? If you disobey God, is God fault ? Do you remember the tons of food that were shipped to Ethiopia, but did not reach the starving
people who needed it? Whose fault was that? The reason that over 90% of the
masses have barely enough to survive on, is that there is a problem of DISTRIBUTION, NOT OF SUPPLY. A tiny minority have far more than they need, depriving the many.

Now open your corrupted mind and study this verse:

acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all

What dose this imply ? This verse indicated suffering is as the of sin, will their be suffering if any of you atheists followed the teaching of Jesus ? If you chose to be atheist, two word will I say to you "GOODLUCK"

Where did your bible come from?

1 Like

Re: Am I An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
hahn:

You should try something called "thinking". I don't know if you've ever heard of it but it's free. You can send me your email address so I can send you the ebook "how to think" by common sense. It's very interesting
undecided
abeg reason my matter.

I need those eBooks..

seankafor. od@gmail.com.
Re: Am I An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
You're inquistive. Good! Keep researching and know thyself. Only then shall you know peace
Re: Am I An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
timonski:
No! No! No! He is breaking free. Winner01, kingebukasblog, vooks, malvisguy212 don't let him go.

Assuming all the rich people , middle class will think of alleviating poverty by helping these people then quote me again . These children are victims of famine in times of war - mostly during Biafran war (black and white pics) - caused by man himself . Atheists pick these pics and edit them to spread their deception . How about feeding these kids instead of taking pictures of them and spreading lies . Atheism is falsehood . They are proud and happy these kids are suffering so that they can mock God . Again , I ask : What about helping these kids in mitigating their indigence instead of taking pics off the internet , editing them and ridiculing God .

What about people who are living well ? Why didn't the OP see that its God's doing ? But blames God when the few whom he has ordered the well-to-do to take care of are being neglected .

If we should spend more time and money helping the poor and not building warheads tanks and nuclear bombs which cost bilions of dollars used in destroying ourselves , living extra vagant lives - one man having ten mansions , 20 cars , 1,000 shoes etc - and showing love to another , you wont see the need for opening this poignant thread .

Matthew 25:35

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me

Proverbs 19:17

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Mark 12:30-31

30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Proverbs 22:9
Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.

Psalm 146:7

Who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free;

And the killer verse (also the love one another one is a hit )

Matthew 10:42
And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.”

Help these poor little ones and stop taking pictures of them in your distasteful repugnant pathetic bid to mock God

God has passed these nice laws to man , how well is he abiding by them ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
ifenes:

And the OP should listen to someone whose signature is "Dating is about planning how to have sex" ? I'm not being sanctimonious but you are an atheist so that you can live freely and not feel that you are under God's law which involves not being promiscuous , abstaining from pre-marital sex and adultery .

Look at him talking about the DNA . A design by the anunaki right ? ROYAL Jester - the fool in the midst of kings and of whom royalty flows in their veins , entertaining us with your acts of folly - can you explain the origin of the anunaki ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
ifenes:

"Curious sense encoded in the DNA?"

Give me the PROVES for that statement, please.

With this unscientific way of reasoning we can as much claim a "Religious sense encoded in the DNA"

#talking about ignorance...this your post hits that button pretty well.....

1 Like

Re: Am I An Atheist? by malvisguy212: 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
donnffd:

Where did your bible come from?
NO, I quote the quran
malvisguy212:

"
Re: Am I An Atheist? by Goahead(m): 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
I am totally remorseful for pasting these trash here in the first place, probably due to my less busy day.
Ishilove, Seun pls take this thread down.

A big thanks to all the Godly folks here.... I repent of my sins.

2 Likes

Re: Am I An Atheist? by winner01(m): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
Goahead:

It is human to doubt, but its totally your decision to let your doubts rule your life.

Jesus said of John the Baptist in matt11:11;
“Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist” (Matt. 11:11).
Yet John doubted the most important thing of all by questioning whether Jesus was really the Christ.
My advise; Pray for guidance and ask questions from reasonable sources.
As for the quote, the writer is right, But our God is not a man, he’s not in the sky and he created the universe. It’s just a cheap and light way to ridicule our beliefs.

Goahead:
"God loves this child and he will starve him to death to prove it.."
You wont find this truth statements anywhere in the world except in the Bible, and the picture below confirms it and perfectly answers your questions.

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately wicked; Who can understand it?

Mark 7:21 For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come--sexual immorality, theft, murder,

Goahead:
"This mosque in Saudi Arabia holiest city was struck down when a construction crane crash into the building killing 107 and several thousands wounded. The crane fell on the mosque due to lighting from the sky.. Thor 1 Allah 0."
If the lightening really came from the skies, then I wouldn’t want to say anything further.
Goahead:
"If there ever is a god, tell him he will need to beg for our forgiveness"
This is a wicked statement, a statement from someone who believes in a false sense of entitlement. A statement from someone who thinks he exists of his own accord. A statement filled with pride.
I strongly believe in this quote;
"Atheism is the result of ignorance and pride; of strong sense and feeble reasons; of good eating and ill-living. It is the plague of society, the corrupter of manners, and the underminer of property."-Jeremy Collier

Once again, the heart of man is desperately wicked (Im sure you should know the Christian definition of wickedness).
Goahead:
"Once Again, we must question the logic of having an all-knowing and all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for they stupidity."
I can rephrase this and sound exactly as stup!d as this quote.

"Once Again, we must question the logic of existing and having to live in a world, which continuously brings forth humans into a life of pain and struggles and eventually terminates the life after a short while never to be seen or heard again”.

Look, God gave us freewill and such comes with consequences. The problem with some people is that they do not want the consequences. Even life itself threatens us daily with consequences;
if we fail to work, we starve. If we refuse to prepare for exams, we fail. If we fail to prepare for the future, consequences follow and on and on.

I can understand their positions but the bitter truth is that we can never escape the consequences of our actions. Of course, a man would love to rob a bank and get rich without consequences, a man would love to have multiple sexual partners without consequences, man will always want to have his way.

Unfortunately, we didn’t ask to be created. We can only discover the world we are in, and live according to its principles instead of allowing pride and a false sense of entitlement to engulf us.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Am I An Atheist? by Goahead(m): 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
winner01:
It is human to doubt, but its totally your decision to let your doubts rule your life.

Jesus said of John the Baptist in matt11:11;
“Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist” (Matt. 11:11).
Yet John doubted the most important thing of all by questioning whether Jesus was really the Christ.
My advise; Pray for guidance and ask questions from reasonable sources.
As for the quote, the writer is right, But our God is not a man, he’s not in the sky and he created the universe. It’s just a cheap and light way to ridicule our beliefs.

You wont find this truth statements anywhere in the world except in the Bible, and the picture below confirms it and perfectly answers your questions.

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately wicked; Who can understand it?

Mark 7:21 For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come--sexual immorality, theft, murder,

If the lightening really came from the skies, then I wouldn’t want to say anything further.
This is a wicked statement, a statement from someone who believes in a false sense of entitlement. A statement from someone who thinks he exists of his own accord. A statement filled with pride.
I strongly believe in this quote;
"Atheism is the result of ignorance and pride; of strong sense and feeble reasons; of good eating and ill-living. It is the plague of society, the corrupter of manners, and the underminer of property."-Jeremy Collier

Once again, the heart of man is desperately wicked (Im sure you should know the Christian definition of wickedness).
I can rephrase this and sound exactly as stup!d as this quote.

"Once Again, we must question the logic of existing and having to live in a world, which continuously brings forth humans into a life of pain and struggles and eventually terminates the life after a short while never to be seen or heard again”.

Look, God gave us freewill and such comes with consequences. The problem with some people is that they do not want the consequences. Even life itself threatens us daily with consequences;
if we fail to work, we starve. If we refuse to prepare for exams, we fail. If we fail to prepare for the future, consequences follow and on and on.

I can understand their positions but the bitter truth is that we can never escape the consequences of our actions. Of course, a man would love to rob a bank and get rich without consequences, a man would love to have multiple sexual partners without consequences, man will always want to have his way.

Unfortunately, we didn’t ask to be created. We can only discover the world we are in, and live according to its principles instead of allowing pride and a false sense of entitlement to engulf us.
Thanks my brother, "Atheism is the result of ignorance and pride; of strong sense and feeble reasons; of good eating and ill-living. It is the plague of society, the corrupter of manners, and the underminer of property." This very quotation is a pinpointed nuclear strike on the door of my heart. I've resolved the traversing doubt of God inexistence.

I pray God rehabilitate my faith.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I An Atheist? by winner01(m): 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
Goahead:
I am totally remorseful for pasting these trash here in the first place, probably due to my less busy day.
Ishilove, Seun pls take this thread down.

A big thanks to all the Godly folks here.... I repent of my sins.
This is not thrash, and obviously you have no fault in this. But dont get carried away by evil trends or deceitful and appealing cultures.

We are all Godly folks till the seed of rebellion germinates in us.

God bless you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I An Atheist? by winner01(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Goahead:
Thanks my brother, "Atheism is the result of ignorance and pride; of strong sense and feeble reasons; of good eating and ill-living. It is the plague of society, the corrupter of manners, and the underminer of property." This very quotation is a pinpointed nuclear strike on the door of my heart. I've resolved the traversing doubt of God inexistence.

I pray God rehabilitate my faith.
Like i said earlier: Pray for guidance and ask questions from reasonable sources.
God will still your anxious heart towards rebellion when you eventually find your answers. You can email me too.

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Am I An Atheist? by Charlesdock(m): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Someone is saying God doesn't exist because of the evil going on in this world. Wait you have to ask what led to that? Human pride and disobedience. Atheism is saying to God I don't need you am happy to be in self-slavery. Adam sinned and brought suffering and death to the world(ICor. 15) but God still loved then redeemed us through Christ. Christ came to save that which was lost(humans) Ijohn 3:8. I was once an Agnotic myself but God so much love me that he save me. And am happy I can preach his word.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? / How Bishop Oyedepo, Winners Chapel Raise The Dead On Easter Sunday (photos) / Human Free Will vrs God's All-Knowing Nature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.