Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House (21023 Views)

Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After / Guy Impregnates A Girl, His Parents' Reactions Are Hilariously Shocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Saltysalt: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
This is serious... May be he's d only son, jus been over protective.... Guy @28 ur old enuf knw wat is good for u. If ur parents refuse to see reasons wit u, kindly discuss it wit ur pastor...
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Kassidy4luv(m): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
I rented my house in Lagos last 2 years, ........was just 25 years old.

My parents were so happy, currently my sisters er living with me.

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by blueflowers(f): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Parents reasoning differ. That's the same situation my brother is facing now

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by 247notire(m): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
The parents have to be either stark illitrates or they are overprotective of their son. Before I was 18, my momma (may her gentle soul RIP) used to warn us that at 18 she and dad no longer owed us anything as it is the adult age in Nigeria and that after university we should find our own path and that made me n ny bro sit up and understand that that house was truly not ours bit our parents own. Immediately after school I cud no longer even bear the house so I wonder how the guy has been coping cos in ur parents house you aren't a man of ur own, small thing dem go dey ginger u like say u be baby. If he doesn't stay alone now and plan his life, when will he? He shudnt mind the parents abeg cos they aren't helping him at all, in fact they are killing him. tongue

9 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by flokii: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
solidman59:
A friend of mine, has been working for a year now with a decent salary and has just rented an apartment for himself but his parents are now against him for doing that.

I just want to get your opinions on this because I think it's ok bearing in mind that this dude is 28yrs old now.

Was it a bad decision? Is he too young to?

Plz mods I beg of you, just give this one special attention, his parents are saying they will excommunicate him if he finally moves out.

too young?.. he's too old sef

in a sane society.. ur friend should have had like 4 kids by now..

life expectancy is bcoming low... people dnt live long enof. like bfor

tell ur friend to stand his ground... as simple as abc..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Lijams(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
The simple why those parents are against him getting an appartment for himself is based on their own self-centreness because they believe that they won't have access to controlling d guy's money again.there will be no direct access to his money.

3 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by tivta(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
I think I know where he is from, in my own part of the country, the sooner you leave the house, the more respect you get...

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by amacastel: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Am a lady I staters staying on my own@d age of 25 now am 29 by Feb so why won't a parent of a full grown man of 28 won't give him independence
End time things

4 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by princeSammyz: 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
why am I having a feeling this story is a lie.... ? well talking on d right age to move out of one's parents' house is worth d while and u don't have to frame a story and wrap it with some urgency and plea for front page to pass d msg across
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by paloncy: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
Him go lyk ask dem too weda him suppose fuk #ode oshi#
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by paloncy: 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Him go lyk ask dem too weda him suppose fuk #ode oshi#.....brainless at d aage of 28 nigga wtf!!!! I left my dads haauz sin wen I ws 17 nd an old man lyk u is still takin permission
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by veraiyke(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
See o let them excommunicate me for all I care. I must leave my parents home for my own. They should be happy for him. Don't know their own beef
solidman59:
A friend of mine, has been working for a year now with a decent salary and has just rented an apartment for himself but his parents are now against him for doing that.

I just want to get your opinions on this because I think it's ok bearing in mind that this dude is 28yrs old now.

Plz mods I beg of you, just give this one special attention, his parents are saying they will excommunicate him if he finally moves out.

2 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Boss13: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
2 years more you are 30. Do you still want to be answerable to your parents at that age.

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by jetage1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
solidman59:

what d Bleep,i was married at 29 and even see it as late

2 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by donhils: 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
What can I say? I simply think these parents qualify to be called end time parents.
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by solidman59(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
Myself I can't get my head around their reasons, but he's telling me now that they said he's supposed to build his own house and about to marry before he can tink of leaving

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by solidman59(m): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Nigga Park well if you don't have any contributions. We're talking about a real life situation here. Take a chill pill
princeSammyz:
why am I having a feeling this story is a lie.... ? well talking on d right age to move out of one's parents' house is worth d while and u don't have to frame a story and wrap it with some urgency and plea for front page to pass d msg across
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Mayany(m): 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
I am currently facing the same issue,my Dad is of the opinion that I concentrate on my building instead of renting an apartment..
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by oluwazino(m): 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hummm be like he's folks have use some part of his destiny for there own pocket so if he lives the house maybe that is when chapter one of things fall apart will start grin
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Jofreshguy: 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
solidman59:

Its sad some ppl allow their parents interefere excessively into their lives

3 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by sapientia(m): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
what tribe pls?
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by solidman59(m): 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lolz
free2ryhme:
when they enjoying themselves and he got a job we no hear anything ooo

now he rent an apartment and we no go hear word for nairaland
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by otswag(m): 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
Make d Guy stay na. When him GF begin dey call am mammas boy with indirect speech whenever dem dey fight, he go learn.

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
This's the only benefit of the NYSC program. I served in Abuja and till this day wish I got retained at my PPA. Since I didn't get the job I now reside in my parents' house but with a job. Even with a fiancee I still get monitored like I was at 16; its a shameful experience, I wouldn't lie.
No parent can control where a child resides if in a far away state. I've noticed the best way to avoid Nigerian parents is staying many states away from them, it forces them to believe only your words and can't see your actions to judge.

I also know a friend who all the children(boys) in his family moved out at 18 apart from the last. He was the most level-headed amongst our peers in university because he was already used to fending for himself.

3 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by adimoh99(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
If at AGE 28 you can't make decisions for yourself, then settling down is very very far... stand up to your responsibilities and stop eating mummy thank ma daddy thank sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Kassidy4luv:
I rented my house in Lagos last 2 years, ........was just 25 years old.

My parents were so happy, currently my sisters er living with me.

Gimme one of em
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Miami11: 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
My brother is 28 and has refused to leave the family hse, he sees himself as a baby very disgusting

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by solidman59(m): 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
I'm really grateful for all your comments but the way most people are addressing me as if I'm the subject is really funny. I brought this issue up because I advised the guy to stand his ground cuz he's no longer a kid.

In as much as many people here think otherwise, for whatever reasons, bear in mind that this topic is very sensitive and important and as a forum it is more educative than the pictures of Davido and wizkid eating breakfast together which make frontpage without much effort.

Once again your comments are appreciated because my guy is reading them (as a guest though) and I hope it helps

Keep it coming

2 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by psalm121vs1: 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Most of u shouting like its a crime re all fake..in a country like a nigeria u see so many 30s still living with their parents not because they want to but circumstances..thats not an excuse anyway but in the guys case he already has a job so he is very stupid to allow his parents decide..i married at 25 my wife stayed with my parents till i see small money built a house for them..and my friend an architect stayed with his parents till he was 32 and built his own house..and another one moved out at 24 and still moving around the country without base...my advice get a base have something working before moving out or u can move out prematurely and return to ur village before 50 and live in ur grandfathers house forever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nihilist: 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
I think your friend is Lucky. More money to save and flex...
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by tpiah2: 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
well, i dont know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? / It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke / Things Disappear In My House All The Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.