Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

My Wife Should Never Share My Child's Picture On Any Social Network - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Should Never Share My Child's Picture On Any Social Network (1006 Views)

I Won’t Share My Husband’s Manhood With Any Woman: Wife (pic) / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery / ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Should Never Share My Child's Picture On Any Social Network by segunonari: 11:26am On Jan 14, 2016
The other day I put a photo of my 5-year-old daughter holding a friend’s baby on Facebook. I tagged the baby’s parents and waited for the likes to roll in on an adorable shot of my clearly smitten kid with their gorgeous new baby.

Then I noticed that the mom Jill* had untagged herself — and I thought, Huh, that’s odd. I messaged her asking if she didn’t like the picture and told her that I would take it down if she wanted (not at all expecting that would actually be the case). Jill replied saying that she didn’t want her son having a “social media identity” and asked me to kindly take it down.

I duly did, of course. But I was kind of shocked and, to be completely honest, a little bit offended. What did this say about me as a parent as I frequently put up photos of my own children? I do so mainly because all of our relatives live far away from us in Australia and Ireland, so it’s just an easy way for us to show them all how our kids are doing.

I am careful that I never photograph my kids in the bath or in any way undressed — they’re always just cute photos of them enjoying parties, days out, and various adventures. My privacy settings are at maximum security so only my friends can see my photos and I’ve never been asked to take down a photo before.

The more I thought about it, the more confused I became … because unless the child was one belonging to a celebrity, what’s the harm?

READ MORE> http://www.gloo.ng/busyhomemaker/248-2/
Re: My Wife Should Never Share My Child's Picture On Any Social Network by okirewaju(f): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hmmnnnn
Re: My Wife Should Never Share My Child's Picture On Any Social Network by Askseek(f): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
segunonari:
The other day I put a photo of my 5-year-old daughter holding a friend’s baby on Facebook. I tagged the baby’s parents and waited for the likes to roll in on an adorable shot of my clearly smitten kid with their gorgeous new baby.

Then I noticed that the mom Jill* had untagged herself — and I thought, Huh, that’s odd. I messaged her asking if she didn’t like the picture and told her that I would take it down if she wanted (not at all expecting that would actually be the case). Jill replied saying that she didn’t want her son having a “social media identity” and asked me to kindly take it down.

I duly did, of course. But I was kind of shocked and, to be completely honest, a little bit offended. What did this say about me as a parent as I frequently put up photos of my own children? I do so mainly because all of our relatives live far away from us in Australia and Ireland, so it’s just an easy way for us to show them all how our kids are doing.

I am careful that I never photograph my kids in the bath or in any way undressed — they’re always just cute photos of them enjoying parties, days out, and various adventures. My privacy settings are at maximum security so only my friends can see my photos and I’ve never been asked to take down a photo before.

The more I thought about it, the more confused I became … because unless the child was one belonging to a celebrity, what’s the harm?

READ MORE> http://www.gloo.ng/busyhomemaker/248-2/

In this day and age, you ask people for permission before putting pictures of their kids anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Should Never Share My Child's Picture On Any Social Network by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ok ... Then what? As in... What should I do?

(1) (Reply)

100 Ways To Show Love To Your Wife Her Way / Counter Thread: Why Do Single Girls/ladies Go After Married Men / FCT Water Board - There Might Be No Water In Some Areas In Abuja On The 19th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.