Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. (8184 Views)

Tithing: Truth, History and it's Origin From the Catholic Church / What Is The Difference Between Iniquity, Sin, And Transgression? / Islamic Paradise Of Sex, Sin And Sensuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
Can you explain what this is all about?

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

Well, u will first have to argue that with all the authors of all known dictionaries before redefining that word.
On whose authority, urs? Quote a reliable source for these claims......no mystical books please.

There is no such thing as reliable source. Most of them lie
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:

In that case why do you read the Bible? Obviously there are many stuff in it you probably do not understand.

Have you wondered why the Old testament is male dominated? Isn't it obvious the Old testament never counted women, stoned them to death by calling them witches,called them unclean for passing through their monthly cycle? Do you ever ask questions at all?

The Old testament is the triumphal hymn of victorious male religion ,a song of victory commemorating the destruction of all traces of female deities and Matriarchy in religion,as well as the society.

Finally, u r showing or true color. I'm a christian and I believe the bible. What are u and what do u believe. Proudly tell us.
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:

There is no such thing as reliable source. Most of them lie
All the dictionaries lie but ur mystical jacobitisms tell the truth? Or u r the only one that holds the truth?
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is one of the earliest use of the word sin......thousands of years before enlish language was born

Its like calling Esu(yoruba) Satan. It is wrong because Esu is not Satan. English language for you.

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

All the dictionaries lie but ur mystical jacobitisms tell the truth? Or u r the only one that holds the truth?

Who is the queen of heaven?
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:
Can you explain what this is all about?
I leave that to the catholics. jusmudi should, not me.
And if that's what this is about then retitle the thread
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

Its in your bible....At least you can explain it

Rev. 12:1-2 says, “And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; 2 and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.”
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
Isn't it obvious that is the moon?
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
Queen of heaven in the book of revelation.

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

You need to learn more before coming up against me.
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:

This is one of the earliest use of the word sin......thousands of years before enlish language was born

Its like calling Esu(yoruba) Satan. It is wrong because Esu is not Satan. English language for you.
Ur main aim is to confuse gullible people with ur jaggons. What proof do u have that the word sin as used by the ancient language is the same as the English sin. The are as wide apart as the centuries that separate them. All known dictionaries clearly explain the meaning of sin and its root.
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

Ur main aim is to confuse gullible people with ur jaggons. What proof do u have that the word sin as used by the ancient language is the same as the English sin. The are as wide apart as the centuries that separate them. All known dictionaries clearly explain the meaning of sin and its root.

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:
Isn't it obvious that is the moon?

What is the moon? So? What r u saying?
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:

You need to learn more before coming up against me.
I don't need mysticism! Truth is plain does not need mystics to explain it
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

What is the moon? So? What r u saying?

Rev. 12:1-2 says, “And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; 2 and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.”

Explain this verse please if you think it's not about the moon?
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:

An idol according to the book of Jeremiah. I don't need ( neither do I desire) to know more about her than that. What for?
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

An idol according to the book of Jeremiah. I don't need ( neither do I desire) to know more about her than that. What for?

Explain in details please.
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
The moon came out carrying the Sun with it,while it was surrounded by the 12 stars right

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is what it is about
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:

Explain this verse please if you think it's not about the moon?
Bible scholars generally hold to two or three opinions regarding her identity and none of them agrees with ur idolatry.the nation of Israel, the church, Mary( according to catholics). No credible bible scholar identifies her as an idol. Of course cults( like urs) would gleefully cease on this passage as a foundation for their idolatry.
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

Bible scholars generally hold to two or three opinions regarding her identity and none of them agrees with ur idolatry.the nation of Israel, the church, Mary( according to catholics). No credible bible scholar identifies her as an idol. Of course cults( like urs) would gleefully cease on this passage as a foundation for their idolatry.

Do you have an opinion or not? Or do you only accept what ever the preacher/Israelis/catholic church tells you
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
Everything in the bible is based on the zodiac signs. The study of the moon,Sun,Stars, nothing more

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:
The moon came out carrying the Sun with it,while it was surrounded by the 12 stars right

I said it; distorting bible passages to propound ur idolatry. Looking for soft targets to confuse and deceive. I'm sure u know what the bible says of ur likes.
Jud 1:10....But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
2Pe 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
Zodiac signs in the catholic church

Why are there lots of Zodiac signs in the Catholic church if they are not putting the secrets in plain sight?

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

I said it; distorting bible passages to propound ur idolatry. Looking for soft targets to confuse and deceive. I'm sure u know what the bible says of ur likes.
Jud 1:10....But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
2Pe 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

What are the things that I am speaking of that is wrong? Tell me please!

I said Jesus and Mary are symbols of the Moon and Sun,used to the Isis and Horus,which is obviously there for you to see.

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:
Everything in the bible is based on the zodiac signs. The study of the moon,Sun,Stars, nothing more
Wonders! Well, at least u r not atheist. Bye
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by ifenes(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
accountable01:

Wonders! Well, at least u r not atheist. Bye

What is an Atheist? I don't believe in any god or goddess or toothfeiry as some may call it. I am only telling you that you secretly worship the moon.

I am worse because I took time to dig out your hidden religion

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Godwin2016: 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
ifenes:

What is an Atheist? I don't believe in any god or goddess or toothfeiry as some may call it. I am only telling you that you secretly worship the moon.

I am worse because I took time to dig out your hidden religion

You can laugh for a while and cry forever in Hell fire. There is still time for you to repent before it is too late.
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Wow! #Educative
Re: The Truth About The Word "Sin" And It's Origin. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars
At Op ifenes Does This Mean Anything Do U Know The Story In The Bible

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80 Wazobia Gospel Worship / Some Of The Devil's Tricks You Should Know About / Why Do Atheist Hate Something That Doesn' Exit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.