Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Tips About News Broadcasting In Nigeria And The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tips About News Broadcasting In Nigeria And The World (893 Views)

25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians / List Of 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings / Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips About News Broadcasting In Nigeria And The World by Tunami(m): 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
hello my fellow nairalanders, i don't know if this is right section to ask this question but i really to want to know about it, because it has been bordering my mind since few days now. I want to know if radio stations and tv stations that usually broadcast news are been paid by the government for the broadcast or it is a mandatory international policy or law that every radio and television station must broadcast news.
Re: Tips About News Broadcasting In Nigeria And The World by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tunami:
hello my fellow nairalanders, i don't know if this is right section to ask this question but i really to want to know about it
There is a right section for the question. I'm sure the politics mods would move it there.

I want to know if radio stations and tv stations that usually broadcast news are been paid by the government for the broadcast
Not even NTA gets paid for news broadcasts. However, the government pays NTA workers because the whole station was created and maintained by the Federal Government. Being the official news reporter of the government means the government in power can pass any propaganda through it.
For stations owned by private individuals and multinationals e.g. Channels or CNN, they make their money via advertisments. All those adverts you see during every commercial break are paid for, very expensively, by companies.

or it is a mandatory international policy or law that every radio and television station must broadcast news.
I don't know what you mean directly by this question but I'd answer it the way I understand.
No, it is not mandatory for stations to broadcast news, its up to the owner's discretion. There are stations that show only music videos form 00:00 - 00:00 year in year out and some that show only movies. News stations exist because a percentage of people want to know what's happening in a certain environment, country or worldwide.

I hope my answers satisfied your curiousity.
Re: Tips About News Broadcasting In Nigeria And The World by Tunami(m): 6:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
charix:

There is a right section for the question. I'm sure the politics mods would move it there.

Not even NTA gets paid for news broadcasts. However, the government pays NTA workers because the whole station was created and maintained by the Federal Government. Being the official news reporter of the government means the government in power can pass any propaganda through it.
For stations owned by private individuals and multinationals e.g. Channels or CNN, they make their money via advertisments. All those adverts you see during every commercial break are paid for, very expensively, by companies.

I don't know what you mean directly by this question but I'd answer it the way I understand.
No, it is not mandatory for stations to broadcast news, its up to the owner's discretion. There are stations that show only music videos form 00:00 - 00:00 year in year out and some that show only movies. News stations exist because a percentage of people want to know what's happening in a certain environment, country or worldwide.

I hope my answers satisfied your curiousity.
tanx bro. For the info.

(1) (Reply)

Sharon Ikeazor For Senator - Anambara Central Senotorial District / Biafrans Keep Dream Of Indepenence Alive As Nigeria Clamps Down On Them - BBC / President Buhari Meets Olamide At Ogun State Event (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.