Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country (606 Views)

The Problems Facing Nigeria And The Solutions. / Problems Of Mass Media In Nigeria And Developing Nations. Nigeria A Case Study. / Easterners Re The Problems Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by SamJed(m): 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
During GEJ's time, we had only 2 major problems; Bokoharam & Chibok girls issue....now GEJ's era has gone & we're in the 'change' era but whether you accept it or not, the problems in this era are more than that of the last dispensation. From crumbling naira/economic woes to bokoharam to chibok girls to biafra issue to shiite case to corruption cases...the list just keeps increasing everyday. Here are my own solutions to this major problems affecting us...it may not be the perfect solutions but these are what I think will help us un this country. I will like us to contribute our own quota on this maybe our leaders will borrow sense from one of us here. Please let's try not to be partisan because we are the ones to suffer the good and bad effects of leadership in this country. Here is my own quota...
ON THE CRUMBLING NAIRA AND ECONOMIC WOES: I think the president should change his economic team(CBN governor, finance minister and their likes). I haven't seen any positivity since the economic team came on board. Someone will say they should be given time but first impression matters, if in more than two months there has not been a slight positive effect, instead we keep hearing of crumbling naira and backward economy, I don't see any positive effect on the long run except by God's grace.
CHIBOK GIRLS: I am still yet to believe that sometime in 2014, two hundred and something girls were abducted and here are my reasons; why are only women, old looking women the ones clamoring for their release. Don't they have fathers, brothers and sister abi their fathers, brothers and sisters are not concerned? Why is it one video that bokoharam released about them. If they are in the hands of bokoharam, definitely there are other videos bokoharam would have released about them to prove to us that they kidnapped them. They said the girls were writing waec, we know that the north are not so educated, how come you will be able to find two hundred and something students writing waec in a school in the north? Even here in the south, those that write waec in a school are not up to 200. How come an igbo woman is the one spear-heading the BBOG campaign, why did an elite from maiduguri not sponsor or spear-head the group, or they don't have elites? How did bokoharam fend for two hundred and something girls...not boys or men o...even the top terrorist group don't kidnap such high number of civilians...why has there been no trace of them since except the ones we hear on social media, even when the Americans came, with all the gadgets they have, they couldn't give an exact location of the girls? Why have the government of the day given low priority to it since that was a strong campaign topic. Well if it is true that they were kidnapped, my solution is simply that they should keep looking for them and find them because I don't see any other thing that can be done here.
BIAFRA ISSUE: For me the only solution for this is dialogue. They have grievances that they want to be sorted out. Both parties should sit down and dialogue, I believe that if this is done, this issue will be resolved amicably.
SHIITE ISSUE: Although I think the major bone of contention here is the hatred between the Shiite and the Sunni, I don't deem it right for the Shiite to have a government within a government and block the convoy of the COAS, I also don't deem it right for the army to open fire on them. What happened to rubber bullets, stun guns and at most tear gas since it was not a formal protest. Furthermore, their leader should be released and given a strict warning that he should not do what will jeopardize lives again. At least let the world know that he was warned. Also dialogue can be utilized here.
CORRUPTION CASES: Corruption fighting should not be one sided. There is no way everyone is carried along and people will still say it is one sided. EFCC and DSS should stop illegal detention. If you have evidence that someone engaged in corruption, arrest the person and without delay, charge him to court, prove to the court beyond reasonable doubt that he or she engaged in corruption. There is no need for illegal detentions and forcing someone to write statements if you know what you are doing. It will also make the corruption fight faster and better. In summary, have evidence against someone, charge him to court, prove beyond reasonable doubts that he is guilty, justice will be done then you go to the next person. It will be sweet and faster.
BOKOHARAM: Simply let it not be politicized, buy weapons that will ensure victory. One of my father's cousins who is fighting there too told us that they have been abandoned. They don't receive complete wages. They have to gather firewood to cook their own food, when they are supposed to be getting constant supplies. Their morale should be boosted with supplies and monetary benefits. I drop my pen here, nairalanders, share your solutions to our different problems in the country.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun we need ideas.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by brunofarad(m): 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
undecided
Re: Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by Descartes: 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Buhari should resign
Re: Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by DuchessLily(f): 11:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Yeah....
Re: Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by Flashh: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
Please learn how to use paragraph. No offense.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by Tocheagle(m): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Vote me as ur president . Shikena
Re: Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by EkeBarry(m): 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Jus either of ds 3 tins
1, Restructuring,,,Disperse d presence of FG across d regions,equaly or almost equaly!nd let apointment of key positions b thus folowd2...u can't tel me dat technocrats r jus concentrated in a certain region of d country(al dis litl litl tins breed bitterness,,,defintly wen 1 is embitered 1 wishes dat u do nt suceed, dats nature though)
2,Resource control,,,wit dis Let regions or states carry out al its developmental responsibiltys
3,Referendum,,, tink Nigerians dint take d decision of being 1 by her sef...wit referendum who eva signs in mus definitly work twards buildn d nation. My opinion though
Re: Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by SamJed(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
Flashh:
Please learn how to use paragraph. No offense.

Thank you!
i used a phone to type and i used paragraph...maybe it is ur phone but in my phone it is showing with paragraph...
Re: Nairalanders, Please Profer Solutions To The Problems Of The Country by Flashh: 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
SamJed:
i used a phone to type and i used paragraph...maybe it is ur phone but in my phone it is showing with paragraph...
Not my phone. Align your post well when you want to make a comment, you will notice it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Court Grants Olisah Metuh N400m Bail. / Agony Caused By Dasuki And His Cohorts To These Gallant Soldiers / Breaking News: Supreme Court Sacks All PDP Legislators In Anambra [see Tweets]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.