Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Boredom Made Me Do It (part 5). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Boredom Made Me Do It (part 5). (1097 Views)

Sex Stories: Jide Part 5 / Boredom Made Me Do It (A Lesbian Story). / Boredom Made Me Do It! - A Short Emotional Boy Tale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boredom Made Me Do It (part 5). by RemenZack(f): 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I was suppose to be drinking hard liquor with my friends and accomplices but it just didn't seem right all of a sudden. I was suppose to be dancing the night away and eventually passing out anywhere, after a whirlwind of romance with my Off-And-On Boyfriend, Jake. He wasn't special but so was I. I had no right to complain.

My very small shell of an Apartment reeked of rotten food and it reverberated of songs from my small disc player, goose bumps reacting songs by Kings of Leon filled every corner of my comfort zone. I collapsed into my shabby looking Sofa before getting up to grab a Bottle of Beer. I wanted to do the usual but there wasn't even Beer available in my Refrigerator. What was happening to me? I asked.

I decided to reheat some of the rotten food but the smell was just as terrible as bad Cheese, making me toss it away quickly.

I wanted to eventually fall asleep but used Condoms, Toilet paper and actual sheets of the Journal were scattered on bedsheets. I quickly and carefully made it into something nice and neat. I tossed away the now useless Condoms and toilet papers and was about tossing the Sheets of my Father's Journal when something stopped me.

There was a sudden jolt to my Throwback years. It was so vivid, making me slightly uncomfortable. I remember sitting right next to my Father as he made Literature masterpieces. He was widely known for the best Poems and Plays in the World and I was his only fortunate daughter.

Then, Life cheated me and stole my Father away from me. It happened on a really rainy Thursday as my Father wrote his last. But it was never published or noticed by anyone, except Me. I implored to publish it but it was declined awfully several times. I was enthusiastic but I eventually grew bored and let go. It wasn't so worth it.

I then took another look and I could see something useful. Something that could quench my raging hunger of Boredom deep and buried inside of me. It was the most useful thing I had seen all my life as a 27 year old.

It was my Father's last words resounding in my head, Keep reading! It's one of the most marvellous adventures anyone can have. I smiled to myself and Boredom was slowly drifting away from me. I gained my sight and creativity suddenly.

The urge to dance all night, get drunk and wasted died suddenly and quickly. I felt I deserved something more and I was right. Writing was something more. It took me to places, without a Visa or a Bus pass. It opened my mind, without actually tearing my Head open. It was my Saviour and it was the sweetest Salvation. Boredom made me do it!

Re: Boredom Made Me Do It (part 5). by froshjay(m): 12:33am On Jan 16, 2016
Awesome piece

1 Like

Re: Boredom Made Me Do It (part 5). by RemenZack(f): 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thanks for reading and also commenting.

(1) (Reply)

ONLY FOR LOVE "Episode 7" Written By @saint_haywhy / My Journey As A Naive Entrepreneur (A Lesson For All) / ONLY FOR LOVE "Episode 16" Written By @saint_haywhy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.