Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,894 members, 7,810,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! (2714 Views)

Urgent Need For Ssce /ond Holder As A Laundry Officer / Does It Make Sense For A B.sc Holder To Be A Pump Attendant? / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by henry99: 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
i have a degree in mathematics..i have been looking for a job for the past 6months but to no avail,,,i am tired of staying at home...i came across a vacancy for the post of a receptionist in a hotel(not 5star though)...i dont knw if i should apply or is it shameful for a bsc holder to be a receptionist...pls advice!!!

1 Like

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by jopretty(f): 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
Start from somewhere and when the big opportunity comes knocking, you would have had some experiences to handle it. Pls apply.

4 Likes

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by XaintJoel20: 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
Bros hurry up before I get there before you.

3 Likes

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by obinnashady(m): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
At all,at all bro,rugged am anyhow,God must give u a job one day

4 Likes

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by fromnigeria(m): 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2016
henry99:
i have a degree in mathematics..i have been looking for a job for the past 6months but to no avail,,,i am tired of staying at home...i came across a vacancy for the post of a receptionist in a hotel(not 5star though)...i dont knw if i should apply or is it shameful for a bsc holder to be a receptionist...pls advice!!!
it is what you call it my friend.
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by butanep(m): 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
henry99:

Please keep relaxing @ home. chevron will come to your door to get you employed.

What is even the problem with Bsc holder? If you like get first class from UK university, you need get up and hustle any job @ your disposal.

4 Likes

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by dejianu: 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
henry99:

HUH... Please bro do not take the job ooo, U re bigger than dat... Keep carrying your ''I AM A GRADUATE OF MATHEMATIES" Tag all about... that tag will put mony in ur pocket

I do not understand Y u must come here to ask if you shld pick up a job.... some conductors re graduate & masters holders dey dint ask anybody wen hunger to work came

2 Likes

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by henry99: 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
butanep:

Please keep relaxing @ home. chevron will come to your door to get you employed.

What is even the problem with Bsc holder? If you like get first class from UK university, you need get up and hustle any job @ your disposal.
easy bro...i was jus seeking an advice..tnx thou
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by bakingsoda: 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
We have several levels of Receptionists. Some organisations don't hire applicants without a B.Sc at least. The job goes beyond answering phone calls and welcoming visitors most times.
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2016
Bro The call is Yours to make. if you are desperate and in dire need of money or something to keep you occupied then you could go for it

The thing with accepting those kind of Jobs is that it could sometimes affect your Psyche. when a Lion stays in a Cage for too Long it could get used to Life in the Cage and not know what to do when its eventually released into the wild. If You are Going to accept such a Job Please don't get used to it and always be prepared to move on to something Bigger! Something more Challenging! something Befitting of a Mathematics Graduate

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Alexisu: 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
Bros abeg send me d address of the place make I come see whether e better pass d one wen I dey manage now as a graduate.

1 Like

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by henry99: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
DonUjay:
Bro The call is Yours to make. if you are desperate and in dire need of money or something to keep you occupied then you could go for it

The thing with accepting those kind of Jobs is that it could sometimes affect your Psyche. when a Lion stays in a Cage for too Long it could get used to Life in the Cage and not know what to do when its eventually released into the wild. If You are Going to accept such a Job Please don't get used to it and always be prepared to move on to something Bigger! Something more Challenging! something Befitting of a Mathematics Graduate
u hv spoken well bro....tnx alot
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Divineluv14(f): 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
sad angry

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by talktonase(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Never despise humble beginings!
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by rollykotex: 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
I read Banking and Finance and graduated from the University but work as a receptionist/front desk officer.I felt somehow at first because a lot of people see the office as that of low cadre like SSCE or OND holders. I accepted it reluctantly but I'm enjoying every bit of it because I don't go broke,tips come every now and then from customers and visitors. Sometimes i get as high as 10k in a day,tho my office is a top govt parastatal,I also get a lot of links and connections from there and will be moving soon by Gods grace to a new level. so my dear,package yourself,dress well,look good,speak good English,be polite,smile and pray. Carve a niche for yourself as in funky receptionist.Let there be a difference between you and an SSCE holder receptionist. its fun meeting people,though some people can be very terrible. With God on your side,its a stepping stone to greatness. Cheeeeerrrssssss

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Whizpeter(m): 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
i have a degree in mathematics

I thought some guys last week said that Mathematicians get the best job opportunities and they don't look for jobs...

An Engineer won't even consider the receptionist job cos he have better opportunities been presented to him!
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by CharlyNick: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
Sorry bro, but I don't think you really need any advice on this
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by obynaDmob(m): 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
Whizpeter:

I thought some guys last week said that Mathematicians get the best job opportunities and they don't look for jobs...

An Engineer won't even consider the receptionist job cos he have better opportunities been presented to him!

Bruh nuffin is ever written in stone
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Isryl02(m): 5:12am On Jan 16, 2016
Whizpeter:

So what do you have to say about those graduate engineers still roaming the street in search of jobs.

1 Like

Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by palladin: 6:53am On Jan 16, 2016
There are 2 classes of people

1 those who can jump ship easily

2 those who can't

if you belong to #1 then accept it. Otherwise don't.

By the way, if you need workforce, SHL, Dragnet questions and answers etc check this post or follow my
signature.

https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Slickbishop(m): 7:28am On Jan 16, 2016
send me d address of d company let me go apply and take d job.
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by babyfaceafrica: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2016
Bro it depends,will the job keep you from searching for other jobs?...if yes then don't do it!!!....but if you can still search for other jobs and do inteviews when called,then accept it for the main time......don't be a slave to a job u don't like and dose not havve future prospects!!!!...its just like people doing marketing jobs....its a slave job !!!
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 16, 2016
@ OP, pls read my post '' I got my dream job on Nairaland'' then you will quickly grab the opportunity. from applied as a Photographer to Accountant
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 16, 2016
@ OP, pls read my post '' I got my dream job on Nairaland'' then you will quickly grab the opportunity. applied as a Photographer but now Accountant of that company
Re: B.sc Holder As A Receptionist!!! by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 16, 2016
Your B.Sc doesnt mean squat if it cant put food on the table

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Intern At ACILD / UAC Of Nigeria Plc Pre-employment Internship Recruitment 2018 / Nlng Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.