Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. (11089 Views)

Help Me Out!!! Radiographers In The Building / Thread For Aspiring Lecturers / Radiographers Forum: Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 8:27am On Jan 16, 2016
Over the years Radiographers and Radiography have been maligned to the contempt and detriment of the masses.So this forum aims at providing the necessary information about this profession and also guiding students and aspirants with our more invaluable advice

2 Likes

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 8:29am On Jan 16, 2016
let's keep the comments flowing... Non radiographers are also welcome to ask questions pertaining to their health.

1 Like

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by huxman(m): 11:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
Good day guys.Am really glad someone also saw the need to open a thread for our noble profession on this forum, i opened one a few months back but it was only able to attract a few comment before it dissapeared,so i hope this thread is here to stay.100 level radiography student(unilag) and i hope the bosses in the house would assist in moving this thread forward.Sir skimarvel, can u kindly introduce urself?

1 Like

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 12:04am On Jan 17, 2016
huxman:
Good day guys.Am really glad someone also saw the need to open a thread for our noble profession on this forum, i opened one a few months back but it was only able to attract a few comment before it dissapeared,so i hope this thread is here to stay.100 level radiography student(unilag) and i hope the bosses in the house would assist in moving this thread forward.Sir skimarvel, can u kindly introduce urself?
Marvelous 400level radiography student university of Lagos!!Nice to meet you

1 Like

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by huxman(m): 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
skimarvel:
Marvelous 400level radiography student university of Lagos!!Nice to meet you
Nice meeting you 2,sorry for mistaken u 4 a male.we would soon join u guyz at idiaraba also.
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
huxman:
Nice meeting you 2,sorry for mistaken u 4 a male.we would soon join u guyz at idiaraba also.
Am a male sire
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by huxman(m): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
My bad den, i tot only ladies bear marvelous.dis is one of d issues we are facing,since yday we are the only one commenting,is it dat we are the only ones or odas are just not commenting.but i av smetins i would luv u to enlighten me on sir.
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
huxman:
My bad den, i tot only ladies bear marvelous.dis is one of d issues we are facing,since yday we are the only one commenting,is it dat we are the only ones or odas are just not commenting.but i av smetins i would luv u to enlighten me on sir.
Go ahead!!!

1 Like

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by bubbyking(m): 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
hw is course radiography suitable in nigerian medical scene?........and i hear pple saying it is exposing pple to dangers of radiation

1 Like

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2016
bubbyking:
hw is course radiography suitable in nigerian medical scene?........and i hear pple saying it is exposing pple to dangers of radiation
I will explain better

1 Like

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by pharmagba: 2:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
I am based in Abuja, already have a first degree in pharmacology how can I become a radiographer? Do I need to write jamb all ver again?
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
I don't know why radigraphers are paid mote than a laboratory scientist.
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 4:04am On Jan 27, 2016
pharmagba:
I am based in Abuja, already have a first degree in pharmacology how can I become a radiographer? Do I need to write jamb all ver again?
yes sire...or you apply through direct entry
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 4:06am On Jan 27, 2016
cowleg:
I don't know why radigraphers are paid mote than a laboratory scientist.
I guess it's because of the workload and the radiation hazard they are exposed to.

1 Like

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 4:11am On Jan 27, 2016
bubbyking:
As a radiographer you are saddled with diagnosing the patient I.e you carry out examinations to determine the pathology and treatment that follows...ultrasound,x-rays,ct scanners,MRI and so on are equipments used in carrying out the examinations.... it's a very interesting and tasking proffesion..And as the saying goes:RADIOGRAPHERS DON'T LOOK FOR JOB BUT JOB LOOK FOR RADIOGRAPHERS.
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by debuscket(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
I'm a radiographer/ imaging scientist, an alumnus of the Only University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), I'm so proud to be a radiographer.

My profession, my pride
where others stand we outstand

3 Likes

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
500L Unical.

1 Like

Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
debuscket:
I'm a radiographer/ imaging scientist, an alumnus of the Only University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), I'm so proud to be a radiographer.

My profession, my pride
where others stand we outstand
very nice to meet you sir!! how is the career treating you sir?
would you mind sharing your experience as a radiographer so as to encourage upcoming professionals like me who are enthusiastic about the profession!
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Victoriousvic:
500L Unical.
400level university of Lagos currently undergoing my siwes program.
nice to meet you sir!!!
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by debuscket(m): 5:11am On Apr 22, 2016
skimarvel:
very nice to meet you sir!! how is the career treating you sir?
would you mind sharing your experience as a radiographer so as to encourage upcoming professionals like me who are enthusiastic about the profession!

From experience l must tell u that it pays to be a radiographer. U must not underestimate the importance of continuous professional development (CPD) so as to meet up with the increasing demands of the profession, u and l know that d profession depends on high technology, new modalities keep springing up almost everyday hence the board (RRBN) in her wisdom organises annual conference where radiographers gather to share knowledge, ideas, etc for the betterment of the profession.
I must also tell u that there is every need to always keep in touch with ur colleagues cos u might need them for job contacts and/or to put u through when you encounter some challenges in your practice
A practising radiographer should read more than a student radiographer so as to stand ur ground in the face of other health workers especially the radiologists. Ur knowledge and expertise is what attracts respect not your certificate.
I can go on and on BT let me stop here for now. In summary, my message to the upcoming radiographers is this; the journey might not be easy but the end surely justifies the means
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
debuscket:

From experience l must tell u that it pays to be a radiographer. U must not underestimate the importance of continuous professional development (CPD) so as to meet up with the increasing demands of the profession, u and l know that d profession depends on high technology, new modalities keep springing up almost everyday hence the board (RRBN) in her wisdom organises annual conference where radiographers gather to share knowledge, ideas, etc for the betterment of the profession.
I must also tell u that there is every need to always keep in touch with ur colleagues cos u might need them for job contacts and/or to put u through when you encounter some challenges in your practice
A practising radiographer should read more than a student radiographer so as to stand ur ground in the face of other health workers especially the radiologists. Ur knowledge and expertise is what attracts respect not your certificate.
I can go on and on BT let me stop here for now. In summary, my message to the upcoming radiographers is this; the journey might not be easy but the end surely justifies the means
thank you very much sir!!!!your post was helpful!!
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by fame12k(m): 9:48am On May 02, 2016
About how much is a radiographer paid during internship and also will the concern student be posted to a place of internship or been chosen by the student
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by olasmith10(m): 5:25pm On May 06, 2016
BASIC AND ADVANCED ULTRASOUND TRAINING
OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND;Training-for-ultrasound-technician

TRANSABDOMINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
TRANSVAGINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
3D/4D OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND

GYNAECOLOGY ULTRASOUND;

TRANSABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND
TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND
SONOHYSTEROGRAPHY ULTRASOUND

ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND;

UROLOGICAL(KIDNEY AND PROSTATE) ULTRASOUND
GASTROINTESTINAL ULTRASOUND
TRANSRECTAL ULTRASOUND
HEPATOBILIARY(LIVER AND BILIARY TRACT) ULTRASOUND

SMALL PARTS ULTRASOUND;

BREAST ULTRASOUND
TESTICULAR ULTRASOUND
THYROID ULTRASOUND
SALIVARY GLANDS ULTRASOUND
MSK & SOFT TISSUE ULTRASOUND
OCULAR(EYE) ULTRASOUND

Contact us today
Mobile No: 08074661723, 08168529179, 09032387828
http://devinediagnostics.com
email: info@devinediagostics.com
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by drsmith1(m): 4:51pm On May 11, 2016
fame12k:
About how much is a radiographer paid during internship and also will the concern student be posted to a place of internship or been chosen by the student

Hello
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 9:19am On May 19, 2016
fame12k:
payment is from as low as 90k to as much as 150k. depending on the hospital or centre.
place of internship is usually found by students themselves.. you write exam if need be
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by Bigjay2(m): 6:37am On May 20, 2016
Am a proud radiographer graduate of Unilag work with Lasuth Ikeja.
I must confess radiography is a noble profession.
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by pabu(m): 5:02pm On May 21, 2016
hello noble radiographers my younger brother scored 202 in jamb and applied at UNN, any hope for my brother!!!
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 9:40am On May 22, 2016
Bigjay2:
Am a proud radiographer graduate of Unilag work with Lasuth Ikeja.
I must confess radiography is a noble profession.
were you class of 2012 or 2013?
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by fetxtra: 9:19am On Jul 16, 2016
skimarvel:
Over the years Radiographers and Radiography have been maligned to the contempt and detriment of the masses.So this forum aims at providing the necessary information about this profession and also guiding students and aspirants with our more invaluable advice

@skimarvel will so much appreciate if i can get your contact. please help send to my mail fetxtra@gmail.com.
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by skimarvel: 11:54am On Jul 16, 2016
fetxtra:

@skimarvel will so much appreciate if i can get your contact. please help send to my mail fetxtra@gmail.com.
you can get me on 08130859174
Re: Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
skimarvel:

What are the requirements for one to practice as a registered radiographer in Nigeria?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can't Complete NIMC Registration,pls Help !!! / A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff / 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.